Malak GE cost

Bossak
119 posts Member
Why? Why does he need to be 1.4 times more expensive than HYoda and Wampa... why

Replies

• iBics
    58 posts Member
    Options
    'Cause he's new...everything that's new costs more
  • Options
    To give you ample time to farm the new gear.
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    380 GET for 1 shard fyi. Pricey but doable.

Now I got to have the tenacity to save GET instead of spend it...only 6 TBs and 6 TWs and I'm there!
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    I think he was designed to drain the GET that so many players had been hoarding. Sadly, I'm not one of them, so it will take me months to 7* him.
  • G20
    132 posts Member
    Options
    Inflation. Trumponomics
  • Options
    Pile wrote: »
    I unlocked him over 4 hours ago and the shards still haven't shown up in my GE

Refresh the store, see if that helps
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    Options
    Pile wrote: »
    I unlocked him over 4 hours ago and the shards still haven't shown up in my GE

Refresh the store, see if that helps

Or save yourself 50 crystals and wait what can only be an hour or two before it refreshes naturally.
  • Options
    G20 wrote: »
    Inflation. EAconomics

Fixed
  • Options
    Because you unlocked him at 5 stars. The extra cost is in line with getting a GET character to 7 stars from scratch?
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Jellyglob wrote: »
    Because you unlocked him at 5 stars. The extra cost is in line with getting a GET character to 7 stars from scratch?
    So in other words the event basically lets us buy him to 7 stars? That’s lame.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Jellyglob wrote: »

Not really, the cost would need to be nearly double to line up with farming something from scratch. We got 150/330 = 45% in the event.
  • Options
    iBics wrote: »
    'Cause he's new...everything that's new costs more

For most consumer items, there seems to be a price point that remains the same whenever a new model is released. Then old models get reduced in cost. Take TV's for example. The coolest brand new Samsung released in 2018 was $10,000. When the 2019 model with new features was released, it was released at $10,000. The features in the 2018 model, were now a step down and the corresponding series containing those features sold for $8k. When the 2020 model comes out, it will be 10k, the 2019 features will cost 8k and the 2018 features will be 6k.

In SWGOH, carbantis still cost 1400 crystals even though they were released with that price 3 years ago.

Moral of the story: You can't spell greedy fargin iceholes (ahh Johnny Dangerously) without an E and an A.

• Jaden
    162 posts Member
    Options
    Does he have a designated spot in the store or is it random?
  • Options
    APX_919 wrote: »
    380 GET for 1 shard fyi. Pricey but doable.

Now I got to have the tenacity to save GET instead of spend it...only 6 TBs and 6 TWs and I'm there!

Thank you I wasn't sure how long it would take. How many stars are you getting for Hoth TBs?
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I would love to have had this as as a personal raid such that you unlock him at five stars and then farm it up some how. maybe 2-3 events a month for 25 shards each time. Once you unlock him, then any toons could be used - Malak would be a great sparring partner. Id pay for that.