Add Some New Characters to Arena and GW Shipments! (Merged threads)

Prev13
hnewton
492 posts Member
edited March 2016
Current characters are mostly useless. And the few that aren't useless we already have. Arena especially. Once you get Darth Sidious, the others are pretty much useless. The only other one I'm trying to get is Admiral Ackbar to make a rebel team, but I'm not even planning on doing that until Princess Leia becomes farmable. I guess either give us more characters or make the current ones more useful (Ventress, Greedo and Nute Gunray's worthless thermal detonators, etc)
Post edited by BentWookiee on

Replies

• JediMindTricks
    1077 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    How about throw us a bone now and then and switch up some of the character shards in Arena and Galactic War shipments. Yeah I know I can refresh the shipments but I don't think it would bankrupt you guys by adding a different character shard or two every month. It's obvious this game is doing well so let's mix it up a bit if ya don't mind.

Variety is a good thing.
    Post edited by BentWookiee on
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Bye bye.
  • Options
    Fixed the title to reflect the content of the post. Please don't call out Devs in the title. :)
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Better title. Crazy thing is if they "switched" them up others would go crazy if they were farming the character that was taken out. They could just add more.
  • Options
    I wouldn't mind seeing a "Guest Toon" being placed in each store even if that toon was mirrored for a short time in both locations. The problem (if you even want to call it that) is that there is kind of a social contract that if you start farming a toon in a location that it will be in that location. It would be very unfair for someone to 5* a toon from GW to have it just moved to Cantina shipments during the next update where they were currently farming a different toon. The harvesting would pretty much stop for one of them.The Guest toon could either be a repeat for a month to help someone speed up harvesting. An other option is to reserve a random slot in each refresh for a 5 shard shipment of any character that can be naturally farmed. (I.E. not a pack, event, or shard shop exclusive).
  • Options
    I wouldn't mind seeing one character who "travels" from shop to shop. Maybe every other week, they migrate and you can choose to follow them or just work on your normal stuff.
  • Options
    I didn't mean to offend or call out devs I was just trying to get their attention, next time I will use a more appropriate title.

As for adding or removing character shards I think one month is more than enough time for someone to farm a character and get it to 7*. I know cause I've done it with Sid,Lumi and Asajj. If you look at the current characters in those different shipments there are quite a few that doesn't interest a lot of people.

I don't see the forums flooded with discussions of Resistant pilot, ugnaught, Corussant police officer, etc. Those are just a few character shards that are just taking the place of better characters that people want. Who wouldn't want a Anakin shard added from time to time? I'm not asking for shards like Darth maul or Cad Bane cause those are exclusive and basically need to be bought with real money. But shards like Anakin or Rey cause they are already farmable it's just slow, shards like that would be nice to be added for a month or so.

If they did something like this every month we all would see different squads in arena and GWs. To me this would be a welcomed change to just remove a nonpopular out and put a better one in for one month. They could even rotate the shards that were removed and add them back again for those who didn't finish farming. Variety is a good thing.
  • Options
    I'd be up for seeing First Order Pilot in there. He is a useful to a point toon leveled (actually fine for a good one shot in GW at 1*). He is a pain to farm, but isn't so over powered that you need him for arena. He might be a little bonkers after the level cap in ways of clearing the DS nodes.
  • Options
    The fact that you don't know how good ST Han, ig 88, and even HK 47 are, kinda kills any credibility your argument has...
  • Calus_78
    504 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    So many threads on this one.. bentwookie where are you bud.
  • Options
    Calus_78 wrote: »

All I gotta say is that u have hard mode that offers so much of the same shards. Its b u ll. Add Darth maul shards. My team can't progress because maul is my leader. Plz fix this
  • Options
    Calus_78 wrote: »

All I gotta say is that u have hard mode that offers so much of the same shards. Its b u ll. Add Darth maul shards. My team can't progress because maul is my leader. Plz fix this

EA is not going to have darth maul farmable because you have him as leader. Stop being selfish and greedy son.
  • dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    Options
    Grrrr I've been grinding for Anakin. Just got him to five star... Woohoo! However I paid for him and Qui-Gon a month or so ago... I just want him farmable. Six possible pulls a day right now and I'm lucky to get one. Sure I know their is a third location if I can ever get to 7 hard on the dark side. I like what he has to offer and am dying to get him maxed and added to my PvP team. It's just looking like 6 months before I can get the 185 shards I need at 1 per day.

Now if he stinks, and I've been grinding for nothing or he gets nerfed five minutes after I get him to seven star I may sue ea for a new tablet because I may throw mine off the balcony at my apartment lol...
  • Options
    Already too many decent options in the Cantina. Pop him in the GW shipments and omg I'll be in love with EA
  • Options
    Dun think he will be nerf, everyone hoping for a buff, and dun think as well he be added into cantina..
  • dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Already too many decent options in the Cantina. Pop him in the GW shipments and omg I'll be in love with EA

Well what I meant was somewhere I could farm a little easier. See that's where I got 7* Mace. 12 pulls a day before crystals. However anakin has 9 chances tops before spending crystals. Currently I have only 6. Yet, I too would love me some ea if he was added to GW shipments.

• Options
    lol they want your money, so this will never happen.
  • Vos
    46 posts Member
    Options
    I'd love it....or make characters buyable
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Just grind him. Anakin is fine where he is.
  • Options
    no. he should be only able to grind.
  • Options
    This won't happen. The premium characters are hard grind.
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think Rey or anakin will ever get more farming locations. It's meant to be a long hard grind. I haven't even unlocked my anakin yet (63/80) but I don't want him added elsewhere. I'm pretty sure most on my server will try and get him then and I rather that not happen. it will take long to get my one starred up but I'm fine with that, it would feel more of an achievement because it's a hard grind
  • Options
    I got him, and to be honest, the current meta doesnt allow him to be that strong.
    You are better off hoping they put Red Guard somewhere more farmable.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    You'd probably be able to get a refund for the £45 you spent on the jedi pack is Anakin went to shipments. You havent thought this through.
    {RotE}
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    LaLiam wrote: »
    You'd probably be able to get a refund for the £45 you spent on the jedi pack is Anakin went to shipments. You havent thought this through.

No you wouldn't.
  • dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    Options
    I got him, and to be honest, the current meta doesnt allow him to be that strong.
    You are better off hoping they put Red Guard somewhere more farmable.

What do you mean? I have him five star and he actually held his own in GW with higher characters. He's on my blast sacrifice team. He lasted way longer than I thought he would. Took about half of a maxed Kylo down and thanks to his healing and buff immunity kept him there for my next team to step over lol...

I just think he'd be more helpful to me in the arena since I run all 7* Jedi. QGJ, EK, LU, MW, & Yoda. I'd like to take out either MW or EK. Since Yoda usually dies, Anakin I think would then devastate.

• LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    Unleashing a chrorium character for real cash not in game currency then a few weeks later giving a viable place to farm him for everyone... That doesn't warrant fraudulent behaviour?..
    {RotE}
  • dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    Options
    Unleashing a chrorium character for real cash not in game currency then a few weeks later giving a viable place to farm him for everyone... That doesn't warrant fraudulent behaviour?..

Ha! Point taken but didn't they do that with QGJ?
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

No. The TOS gives them the right to do this. No chromium toons were ever released to f2p after only a few weeks and Anakin has never been a chromium exclusive toon to begin with.

Fraud is purchasing something after agreeing to a TOS that expressly stated that anything related to the game, including purchased content, can be changed without prior notice or approval, and then requesting a refund as a result of a change.
  • Ciel_6
    178 posts Member
    Options

No. The TOS gives them the right to do this. No chromium toons were ever released to f2p after only a few weeks and Anakin has never been a chromium exclusive toon to begin with.

Fraud is purchasing something after agreeing to a TOS that expressly stated that anything related to the game, including purchased content, can be changed without prior notice or approval, and then requesting a refund as a result of a change. [/quote]

+1