Jedi Nerf on the horizon! LOL

Replies

• Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    I am suspicious. My Anakin is g12+1 with 216% CD and 2932 Damage. Against a much, much worse team in GW, he can only eek out 18k hits, nothing near these 70k numbers from the video. If he were taking a bonus turn due to Righteous Fury, we would expect these numbers to double to 36k, still only half of what is in the video.
    EPLbESo.png

His base damage on his AoE is in the neighborhood of 7,500.

+8.5% offense on a 6* plus mod, and another +8.5% on the square mod. +50% offense from the offense up buff. +100% if his unique procs. That alone pushes the damage to just over 20,000 on a non-crit.

A crit damage set adds +30% crit damage. A crit damage triangle at 6* gives +42%. The crit damage up buff adds +50%. So the same attacks would then crit for over 54,000.

Add to that any offense secondary stats and Revan lead which gives even more bonus offense and crit damage to Jedi, and Anakin could absolutely hit those numbers.

I don't have 6• mods, but I do have 5• offense primaries on square and cross for ~12% total boost there, and 5• CD primary on triangle plus CD set.
    Won't say it isn't possible, but it's hard to see how an extra 5% O boost for 6• primaries, plus 6% CD boost, with a CD up buff is going to hit 70k, even with the 100% boost from Righteous Fury.

My Anakin is at g12. No g12 pieces. Only 5* mods. Potency on the plus. He was easily hitting 35,000-50,000 with no crit damage buff. Not optimal mods. No Revan lead. No offense secondary stats. No crit damage up buff. Not sure what the problem is without seeing your mods. The numbers are definitely legit.

Show me the money!
    Sorry, but I don't believe it.
  • Options
    More data: Revan lead with Grand Master's Training buff. Basic hit for 35k on Thrawn, so that was nice: IxUGR1A.png
    Ahsoka special for 54k on Palps: NlLMOBE.png
    Anakin AOE for 22k+: HO5bfWL.png

Guess I am just bad at this game. Woe.
  • Options
    I am suspicious. My Anakin is g12+1 with 216% CD and 2932 Damage. Against a much, much worse team in GW, he can only eek out 18k hits, nothing near these 70k numbers from the video. If he were taking a bonus turn due to Righteous Fury, we would expect these numbers to double to 36k, still only half of what is in the video.
    EPLbESo.png

+8.5% offense on a 6* plus mod, and another +8.5% on the square mod. +50% offense from the offense up buff. +100% if his unique procs. That alone pushes the damage to just over 20,000 on a non-crit.

A crit damage set adds +30% crit damage. A crit damage triangle at 6* gives +42%. The crit damage up buff adds +50%. So the same attacks would then crit for over 54,000.

Add to that any offense secondary stats and Revan lead which gives even more bonus offense and crit damage to Jedi, and Anakin could absolutely hit those numbers.

I don't have 6• mods, but I do have 5• offense primaries on square and cross for ~12% total boost there, and 5• CD primary on triangle plus CD set.
    Won't say it isn't possible, but it's hard to see how an extra 5% O boost for 6• primaries, plus 6% CD boost, with a CD up buff is going to hit 70k, even with the 100% boost from Righteous Fury.

My Anakin is at g12. No g12 pieces. Only 5* mods. Potency on the plus. He was easily hitting 35,000-50,000 with no crit damage buff. Not optimal mods. No Revan lead. No offense secondary stats. No crit damage up buff. Not sure what the problem is without seeing your mods. The numbers are definitely legit.

https://swgoh.gg/p/929739623/characters/jedi-knight-anakin
    I put a 5• CD triangle on him, an O cross with a little speed, and a circle with a +108 O secondary and a tick more speed. 4 CD + 2 CC sets.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    EPLbESo.png

Remember how GG was sold?

There are way too many similarities here:
    1. Footage showed insane numbers
    2. Footage showed easily defeating top meta
    3. ahnald was the one promoting it...

Im very skeptic.

But the GG videos were preview videos supplied by CG. The videos Ahnald is using regarding the reworks are actual arena battles from his account.

Sarcasm? (legit question)
    I can't reliably identify now a days on this forum.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • Options
    More data: Revan lead with Grand Master's Training buff. Basic hit for 35k on Thrawn, so that was nice: IxUGR1A.png

What a kitten damage and a nice ahsoka flying pic. :)
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    Options
    Does anyone think that these videos are really doing the players a disservice ? If I was the developer and some player made a video instantly showing this , I’d be annoyed and tempted to fix it.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Stick wrote: »
    Does anyone think that these videos are really doing the players a disservice ? If I was the developer and some player made a video instantly showing this , I’d be annoyed and tempted to fix it.

Fix what?
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options

That 25k crit you showed was without the double damage from his unique. It would have been 50k if an ally had been killed.

Add to that 50% more crit damage from that buff, and you not having optimal mods, and the fact that Darth Revan teams have ZERO damage mitigation from defense, and that would definitely get you there.

He's getting lots of increases to offense and crit damage which compound with each other when you do the maths.
  • Options

That 25k crit you showed was without the double damage from his unique. It would have been 50k if an ally had been killed.

Add to that 50% more crit damage from that buff, and you not having optimal mods, and the fact that Darth Revan teams have ZERO damage mitigation from defense, and that would definitely get you there.

He's getting lots of increases to offense and crit damage which compound with each other when you do the maths.

Yep will get him there, except it is against g9-10 characters.
  • Drim
    359 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    This has to be the most ridiculous turn of the Events in this game history . Show us DR then show us who works with him then release new toon to go with him then fix a counter team and release a new counter team on the same day
  • StickyWARD
    13 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    o16595qasyw1.png
    Here is some more Data. This was in arena against JKR. And before the remod
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    If this holds up and JKA is a viable counter (who is not nerfed) I will retract the negative comments regarding the "Road Ahead" post from last week.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    Well I just went against a team that had a g12 6*mod JKA in the lineup and as usual the fight was over in under a minute with zero casualties on my DR team so I'm not buying it
  • Options
    Kokie wrote: »
    Well I just went against a team that had a g12 6*mod JKA in the lineup and as usual the fight was over in under a minute with zero casualties on my DR team so I'm not buying it

It's because you were in control. If it was ai might be different. You aren't very smart thinking that a player controlled match is same as AI controlled match
  • Options
    EA or CG whatever ya wanna call them are very uneducated people. They make it way too easy to get refunds in this game. If anyone working for EA or CG have any ounce of intelligence they wouldn't nerf anything that shouldn't be nerfed. I've gotten alot of $$$ refunded back to me because of the nerfs and if they keep it up just means more $$$$ back in my pocket. Part of me wants them to nerf anakin so I get more $$$ back
  • Options
    This is awesome!!! Finally some ftp justice! THANK YOU CG!!!
  • Options
    Doubtful. It seems like something CG would do.

Have the most challenging and requirement heavy event ever to get Malak, and then give a free update that completely crushes him.

Thanks fo yo cash suckas

They don't even beat him all of the time on attack. And always lose on defense. So Malak should completely dominate with no opposition. You guys crack me up sometimes.
  • Options
    IE4TAPPL3S wrote: »
    Doubtful. It seems like something CG would do.

Have the most challenging and requirement heavy event ever to get Malak, and then give a free update that completely crushes him.

Thanks fo yo cash suckas

They don't even beat him all of the time on attack. And always lose on defense. So Malak should completely dominate with no opposition. You guys crack me up sometimes.

Exactly. It's called DIVERSITY you single minded goons!
  • Options
    ok so I remodded my JKA and put a 6• CD triangle on him. 222% CD, 64.6% CC, 2939 damage, 238 speed. Yeah I know, but that's all I can do. Ran it in arena vs JKR squad. Timed out. :/
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    ok so I remodded my JKA and put a 6• CD triangle on him. 222% CD, 64.6% CC, 2939 damage, 238 speed. Yeah I know, but that's all I can do. Ran it in arena vs JKR squad. Timed out. :/

There are 3 Anakins in my top 15 right now...
  • Options
    VonZant wrote: »

I guess I am just double plus ungood.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options

Well it sounds like he needs a perfect storm of those buffs for the massive numbers. Maybe you just havent hit it yet. ;)
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    Meanwhile DR and malak are chilling out having a cold one not even breaking a sweat.....
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Kokie wrote: »
    Meanwhile DR and malak are chilling out having a cold one not even breaking a sweat.....

Keep telling yourself that. :D

Nothing holds on defense - not even DR+Malak. It's the way the game has run for 3+ years - it didn't suddenly change this time.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

Don't worry to much about speed. He is gonna take extra turns. You want his damage as high as possible. Here is how I have him moddedw52l1yumoazz.png
    vwf889zpmfnr.png
  • Ultra
    11504 posts Moderator
    Options
    I think if they force the AI to target JKA then this team breaks apart. Not entirely sure if it will or won't but that's one way to go about it other than nerfing or buffing toons

The obvious problem is that, like HK lead, JKR breaks Jedi Toons and severely limits how good they can be going forward. Its no surprise, everyone called out how OP and a new level of powercreep JKR's leadership kit was
  • mlb1399
    674 posts Member
    Options
    EPLbESo.png

That’s very low damage. He has multiple offensive multipliers. Mine is 4356 offense with 65% cc and 222% cd
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Options
    So the people screaming about EP and "they lied" are going to retract their statements now?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    I think if they force the AI to target JKA then this team breaks apart. Not entirely sure if it will or won't but that's one way to go about it other than nerfing or buffing toons

The obvious problem is that, like HK lead, JKR breaks Jedi Toons and severely limits how good they can be going forward. Its no surprise, everyone called out how OP and a new level of powercreep JKR's leadership kit was

This is also what I am worried about going forward.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Options
    mlb1399 wrote: »
    EPLbESo.png

That’s very low damage. He has multiple offensive multipliers. Mine is 4356 offense with 65% cc and 222% cd

A few things you're probably missing

1.the major damage is from his bonus turn where he gets +100% dmg

2. DR have stacking negative defense