How Long Do We Have To Wait Until We're Allowed To Beat Malak?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Swgoh isn’t the only game in town like it was a few years ago. Any lull and I’m sure EA is afraid their whales will migrate over to strike force, raid or any number of new games coming out. All these recent moves reek of wanting short term gains with little regard to the long term damage.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    When will p3 sith raid stop being sacred?

Honestly far more curious about this than any arena-related shenanigans. Sith raid is ollllllllllld and Traya is now three-ish metas behind, but we're still pretending it's "endgame content."
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Jarvind wrote: »

Honestly far more curious about this than any arena-related shenanigans. Sith raid is ollllllllllld and Traya is now three-ish metas behind, but we're still pretending it's "endgame content."

In those tweets she mentioned there was no raid to gate Malak behind...I'm paraphrasing. It was among the recent tweets

I was a bit taken aback by that....I was assuming a new raid is coming soon. Maybe it's a matter off having someone else to be earned from it but I got the feeling there just isn't one coming soon.

So sith raid is still the top end game raid and they will stop when the next one comes?
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    It’s still end game content but it’s over a year old, we were allowed to solo phases at this point in the tank raid when it was end game content at its time
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Javin37 wrote: »

In those tweets she mentioned there was no raid to gate Malak behind...I'm paraphrasing. It was among the recent tweets

I was a bit taken aback by that....I was assuming a new raid is coming soon. Maybe it's a matter off having someone else to be earned from it but I got the feeling there just isn't one coming soon.

So sith raid is still the top end game raid and they will stop when the next one comes?

I was just saying elsewhere that I doubt we'll get a new raid until they up the level cap and introduce gear level 13. Another raid would be more salvage, credits, and guild coins pouring into the game economy, which would let us gear and level our dudes faster. They're not going to give us a way to close the gap faster without widening the gap first.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options

Now should be the time where a toon helps really destroy a raid- remember the teebo chirrut thrawn teams for p3 haat lol.

Hopefully with the release of the new Tb we can get new toons that will help with that in the sith raid.

Honestly we need to sim haat first.
    Then move onto sith

Maybe it will be an Ani padme combo!
  • Options
    Wait until whales are crying again, CG will listen only to whales.
  • Options
    OP...... You are the leader in mentioning everything negative about the game every time there is a new character introduction of change, surely you have some data?..... Why don't you tell us?
  • Options
    The next p2w character will beat Malak, of course.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    OP...... You are the leader in mentioning everything negative about the game every time there is a new character introduction of change, surely you have some data?..... Why don't you tell us?

You're sweet. It's kind that you presume that since I've been on the forums 2 years longer than you have, that I know everything. I also find it amusing that you assume (we all know what that does) that I am always negative. You might fight it interesting that in the years I was playing qnd posting before you were here, I have been called an EA and CG shill. Some people even thought I worked for them.

While it's certainly true that I find CG's recent meta manipulation tactics to be frustrating and have also been somewhat vocal about the fact that I don't like KOTOR, I am just trying to be honest. Which is more than I can say for CG.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Im guessing about 3-6 months so about the same as jkr then the new meta will be released

Lol - I think you're missing my point. They didn't go around nerfing everything that players used to beat JKR like they are now. This micro-managing by "reworks" and direct and indirect nerfs is a new low - even for CG.

There was a time in this game's history when strategic and innovative play and good theorycrafting was rewarded. Now it's punished by nerfs, as CG has decided to prescribe play and directly manipulate players' ability to play the game.

Honestly, I'm thinking about simply renaming my account "CG's Puppet" - because that's all we are. We either play the game the way they want - or they simply nerf us to force us to do so.

Example:
    CG: "Farm MORE Kotor for DR + Malak"
    Players: "No, thank you, some of us don't like Kotor, so we'll figure out ways to beat him instead."
    CG: **Nerfs Palpatine/Triumverate teams vs. Malak** - oh, but refunds gear for those who had DR and Sass, since they followed orders.
    Players: "Well, thank you for reworking Anakin, the Chosen One, we'll try him"
    CG: "No..you won't"

I mean seriously, what's next? Is CG just going to fight my fleet and arena battles for me? And just tell me whether I won or lost based on whether or not I used the "allowed" characters or not? :D

Didn’t they nerf Nest because she was consistently beating JKR? I agree though. Having one unbeatable meta for the sake of Darth Revenue is killing the fun of the game for me.
  • Options
    The issue is the devs think they can outsmart the player base despite consistently giving us bigger and better tools to win. We saw this with all the teams they’ve nerfed for doing too well in the sith raid (the first team being Sthan/wampa) and now we’re seeing it in arena. They’re in way over there heads now

The way out is sinple:

Stop playing with characters and prescribing teams to be meta. You can’t retroactively try to change things if it turns out the character can be beaten. If a character like Malak turns out to have weaknesses (which the player base will always find), they need to just accept that that exists and let things play out

• Gair
    616 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    I don’t mind rebalancing Anakin, i’m neutral about it. I’m just confused why CG suddenly cares about arena balance.

They always kept arena on its own, no matter how silly it was. JKR was immediately beaten by Nightsisters and they said paper zombie is an ok strategy until it interfered with PvE content like Sith Raid.

They let zFinn stay for so long and the HK droid meta for 2-3 years even if they destroyed every single meta, even Traya

We’ve had tons of shiny toys immediately beaten by obscure toons or other meta teams and they never cared, so why micromanage squad arena now? The best part about squad arena is that you can run any mix of team no matter how broken and it’s legal

Numerics came out that reflected most spent was on pvp interactions. Like a good ****, the heart is where the money is.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Honest question, since during the CLS meta I was running Wiggs.... Did anything beat CLS?

GK/Zarris and NS both could, since that was pre-Chewbacca and pre-C3P0. There were probably others as well.

NS could be beat CLS in several different ways after their rework: Talzin/plague, acolyte/zombie cheese, and weak zombie/Assaj. I hung out in the top 20 with a Barris lead, R2, Daka, assaj, and weak zombie. Most fun I’ve had playing the game

You could also beat CLS with Ewoks/zBarris and zFinn (as long as poe didn’t get stunned right away)
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Only Darth Credit Card shall beat Malak.

But I need Darth Credit Card to defeat those pesky Rebel bills...
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Perhaps CG should have considered that releasing a character as 5*, with the max g11 limitation, might not perform as well against fully g12 existing characters. Malak gains 310 strength and 175 armor once he can equip the last g11 and all g12 slots (his max strength is 1793 and armor is 656). With Ani's armor penetration of 200 and ferocity subtracting 15% armor every stack (basically -100 armor), he's defenseless after a mere 5 stacks at g12. At g11, he only needs 3 stacks and he's fully exposed. Release plan, leader kit, and rework all seem to be gunning for malak to fail.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    kalidor wrote: »
    Perhaps CG should have considered that releasing a character as 5*, with the max g11 limitation, might not perform as well against fully g12 existing characters. Malak gains 310 strength and 175 armor once he can equip the last g11 and all g12 slots (his max strength is 1793 and armor is 656). With Ani's armor penetration of 200 and ferocity subtracting 15% armor every stack (basically -100 armor), he's defenseless after a mere 5 stacks at g12. At g11, he only needs 3 stacks and he's fully exposed. Release plan, leader kit, and rework all seem to be gunning for malak to fail.

Hire this man, CG.
  • Options

Not to mention the mods only effect a completed gear lvl so if you can't finish g11 then your mods only boost the stats gained from g1-10
  • Options
    From JKR requirements
    To his return
    GG rework and sep video
    Drevan
    New g8-9 pieces
    Malek event reqs
    Malak unlock at 5* and new gear needed
    Nodes 8-5
    Malek in get store with a higher price.

This was all carefully planned. And all these pesky toons are getting in the way. They all must be nerfed ASAP!

On a serious note - I am wondering the response, if any.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    PeldorV wrote: »

Hire this man, CG.

They can't do that - Kalidor is obviously OP. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*