Grand arena is getting ridiculous.

I don’t like grand arena much do to the fact that I’m at a disadvantage most of the time. I am aware I’m weighed down by my fluff gp which I acquired to help out in Tb when it was launched and I’m behind on mods as the mod energy hasn’t been here that long and so I had to chose between leveling up the star count of my toons or doing mod challenges, cantina energy wasn’t enough. As a ftp player I focused on my main team as far as gear and mods is concerned. With the new mod limit feature I’m forced to equip mods in order to avoid selling 5* mods which could turn out to be great mods once leveled up, which I can’t simply do as Credits are always low. I could theoretically level every single mod in order to reveal all of its unknown stats, but my credits would drop down to 0 very quickly and that is simply not good. Especially when everything in this game requires credits. So this is more fluff for my gp. I hang on despite all the changes which I may or may not like but it is what it is. One of the changes is grand arena. A new mode which if I would’ve known it was coming I might have prepared for it, but again, it is what it is. Being at a disadvantage, I don’t bother with it much. I am aware that freebies are freebies so I join every single one of them and battle only occasionally. But one of the recent changes is plain ridiculous. I’m referring to the fact that I go set my defense and I’m only allowed to set 2 teams per Territory in the first two territories while my opponent gets to set 3 teams in each territory. That is simply not FAIR, no matter how you look at it. And it doesn’t help that I have all this fluff. For the players that came in after all these game changes happened and I mean the changes that really make a difference in the game, this may be nothing, but for those of us that came in before they became a reality, it really creates a problem. Ok, so what problem did it create in my grand arena? Well for starters: It gave my opponent more banners to begin with and it put that player over me in banners even though he only defeated 1 of my squads and didn’t conquer the territory. I defeated 2 of his squads, couldn’t defeat the 3rd one in the same territory. So despite defeating 2 of his squads as oppose to his 1,my banners were still way lower than his/hers. Despite the match being unfair to begin with I did what I could but it only gave me another reason to not even bother fighting in GA. The system usually sets the most ridiculous squads on defense for me which in my eyes are only good for a good laugh. In order for me to defeat my opponent I would have to take down his /her 3 teams and win by conquering that territory. How is that fair if his teams are not weaklings either, yellow gear and gear 10/11. Anyway, I welcome opinions and suggestions as I’m open minded. What I don’t welcome is criticism about my style of play. Everyone has their own style and is unique in many ways.

Replies

• Options
    GA is suited for the TW type of player and you are looking more toward the META Arena style of play and those are 2 entirely different animals. So simply put its an aspect of the game that is not geared toward your style of play and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that ;)
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I’m going to need to see a screenshot of your defenses only allowing 2 squads. Every GA match always allows the same number of squads between you and your Opponent. Don’t go based on the holograms - use the x/x numbers in the corner of the zone.

If you could only set 2 and your opponent could set 3, then submit a bug report. If you accidentally set too few squads, then it’s your fault for missing it.
  • YODAismyAprendiz
    59 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    It shows I only placed 2 out of 3 in each territory but when I was setting them it only
    showed 2 slots for me to fill.
    Post edited by YODAismyAprendiz on
  • YODAismyAprendiz
    59 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    In the first round I was also allowed to only set 2 squads but it’s the same sc
    enario and both me and my opponent begin with the same banners.
    Post edited by YODAismyAprendiz on
  • Options
    The only reason I won the first round even when I didn’t fight was due to the fact that my opponent didn’t battle at all.
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Don't go off the circles. Go off the X/3 markings on the table AND in the territory defense setting window. The "set defensive team" button becoming greyed out is also an indicator the territory has been filled.

I'm afraid this is user error.
  • Options
    @DarthAxiod

While I see your point, there is no reason I should be excluded from that game mode. CG either wants the most players or not, and to my understanding the greater the player base the greater the revenue.

• Options
    @ChristophIV

How is it user error when I hit enter and set my squads and then the button becomes grayed out?
  • Options
    @ChristophIV

What is you reasoning for me and my opponent having the same amount of banners after setting defense in the first round even though I placed 2 and my opponent placed 3 in each territory?
  • Options
    They perhaps only placed one team in each of the rear territories.
  • Options
    On this round I can set 3 squads and that is clearly shown.
  • Options
    On this round I can set 3 squads and that is clearly shown.

I'm asking because it is clearly shown in your screenshots that you could have set 3 squads in those rounds too.
  • Options
    I understand the frustration ...most opponents I face have 3-4 times more gear 12 toons than I have and being f2p, gear is so slow I haven't geared one up to 12 in almost 3 months most opponents don't even attack because they know I can't beat any squad and they win because their gp is higher. So now I don't care to attack. I set all the lowest toons I have and let it reset. Not wasting my time playing something I can't beat I'll take 8th with no effort at all. Let the whales have it. Also Sick and tired of losing regular arena to a 30000 less squad... just doing the 2 for daily reward now. Why bother it's so unbalanced the more time goes on. . It's just not that important to win.
  • Options
    Perhaps, but that is only hypothetically. All I can say is that I was not allowed to place 3 teams on defense.
    Though you may think it impossible as it didn’t happen to you. I assure you I’m the type of player that looks at these things. I wouldn’t question it if I wasn’t 100% certain.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    But one of the recent changes is plain ridiculous. I’m referring to the fact that I go set my defense and I’m only allowed to set 2 teams per Territory in the first two territories while my opponent gets to set 3 teams in each territory.

If this is truly the case, it's a bug. In GA all players in each group of 8 should all set the same amount of teams on defense as the player with the lowest GP - even if some 'belong' in a higher bracket/tier.

If you're not simply mistaken, I'd suggest that you gather evidence / screenshots and report a bug.
  • Options
    @ChristophIV

I saw that 2 but when I was setting up my defense I thought it was a new change or something as I have read the forums about the Grand arena matchup complaints.
  • Options
    I understand the frustration ...most opponents I face have 3-4 times more gear 12 toons than I have and being f2p, gear is so slow I haven't geared one up to 12 in almost 3 months most opponents don't even attack because they know I can't beat any squad and they win because their gp is higher. So now I don't care to attack. I set all the lowest toons I have and let it reset. Not wasting my time playing something I can't beat I'll take 8th with no effort at all. Let the whales have it. Also Sick and tired of losing regular arena to a 30000 less squad... just doing the 2 for daily reward now. Why bother it's so unbalanced the more time goes on. . It's just not that important to win.

It’s why I only battle every now and then. However sometimes my competitive nature kicks in and I give it a try or if I believe I truly have a chance.
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    But one of the recent changes is plain ridiculous. I’m referring to the fact that I go set my defense and I’m only allowed to set 2 teams per Territory in the first two territories while my opponent gets to set 3 teams in each territory.

If this is truly the case, it's a bug. In GA all players in each group of 8 should all set the same amount of teams on defense as the player with the lowest GP - even if some 'belong' in a higher bracket/tier.

If you're not simply mistaken, I'd suggest that you gather evidence / screenshots and report a bug.

Apparently that is my only option. Just wanted to see if there was anyone who was not happy with what I thought were new changes to grand arena. I do think it’s probably a bug though, since this is the first time it happens to me since it’s launch.
  • Options
    Thanks for your input forum members, I might go ahead and report it as a bug.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Perhaps, but that is only hypothetically. All I can say is that I was not allowed to place 3 teams on defense.
    Though you may think it impossible as it didn’t happen to you. I assure you I’m the type of player that looks at these things. I wouldn’t question it if I wasn’t 100% certain.

I think it's impossible because people complained about it incessantly at the beginning and they were always wrong. Somehow you haven't encountered this yet but.... I have no idea how.
    With the new mod limit feature I’m forced to equip mods ...

You are wrong about this too. There is no new mod limit feature. The mod limit is the same as it has always been.
  • EA_Rtas
    1141 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Let's cool it on the bait comments on using "paragraphs" and such please it's only going to start an argument. Also calling someone out as a troll does the exact same thing and only causes the thread to derail. If you think someone is trolling utilize the report function and we will look into it.

• Options
    Liath wrote: »

I think it's impossible because people complained about it incessantly at the beginning and they were always wrong. Somehow you haven't encountered this yet but.... I have no idea how.
    With the new mod limit feature I’m forced to equip mods ...

You are wrong about this too. There is no new mod limit feature. The mod limit is the same as it has always been.
    You are. There are bugs you know, and there is a limit which wasn’t a problem before. You either have to equip mods or sell them.
  • Options
    @mod
    Close
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    The limit is 500 unequipped. That hasn't changed.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    The limit is 500 unequipped. That hasn't changed.
    While I appreciate your info about the actual limit, I disagree. I’m talking about a couple updates back. It’s a new limit, which I believe came somewhere around the time when mods became sellable .
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I've been playing for 2 years now and as far as I know they've always been sellable since I started playing, so you're talking a very long time ago if that's the case.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Well I've been playing for 2 years now and as far as I know they've always been sellable since I started playing, so you're talking a very long time ago if that's the case.

Either way, new or old, it would be nice if there were no limit as we could have more time to gather credits to carefully select and upgrade mods, but it is what it is.
  • rokota
    166 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Either way, new or old, it would be nice if there were no limit as we could have more time to gather credits to carefully select and upgrade mods, but it is what it is.

I don't think that we will ever see unlimited mods because they would need a huge amount of disk space. In contrast to every other aspect of the game they need to save the information from every single mod seperately. Every mod has unique stats so cg can't use a generic system like for your toons, stars or gear.

There're 20k users on every shard/server, 250-300(?) servers at all. I don't know if it would be possible to expand the capacity of every server for 1000 mods each instead of actual 500 without splitting the shards itself. Perhaps they are able to increase the limit someday to 600 or 750 but unlimited will never happen ;)

• jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options

It would be nice for us. But this is a game about resource management. Managing mods is just one of those resources.