This is what happens when the TW details screen isn't clear

This guild we're facing obviously didn't understand that the Geo bonuses are only for ships and put an entire zone of mostly this garbage in B2.... because the "details" screen doesn't state that they are only for ships even though it was pointed out the last time that this Geo bonus doesn't specify it's only ships in-game. Please make sure to be more thorough with this stuff in the future...it happened not too long ago with FO ships as well. We love to win TW but don't like to win this way.

7xd4e7r5qcfq.png

Replies

• TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Looks like their in game details screen had something about Old Ben too.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • zegene
    249 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Old Ben leadership was best with geo toons bonus.
    Check my collection. Contact me at Discord: zegene#1773
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Tell that to Baba Yaga.
  • Options
    Haha!
  • Options

Haha haha you are soooo funny.....not
  • Options
    I wish they’d just leave TW as is and put silly bonuses on GA instead
  • Options
    It was the same thing the last TW too. They put "Geonosian ships" in the forum notes, but in-game details just say, "Geonosians" which indicates bugs get it, not just their ships.

Not sure why you missed fixing that the last time since we mentioned it the last time too.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    edited April 2019
    Options
    If you click on a ship territory you can see the bonuses being applied to it

73i2juq4j397.png

ucjh4eig6uj5.png
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    If you click on a ship territory you can see the bonuses being applied to it

73i2juq4j397.png

ucjh4eig6uj5.png

OMG, I don't have time to actually look! I just assume and then complain about it later!
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    Options
    See, this was brought up last time these bonuses ran. They've obviously edited the details screen as the text for Unstable Batteries has been adjusted. Shouldn't have been too difficult to change "Genosians" to "Genosian Ships".
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Options
    There is a difference between "the information isn't clear" and "if you really look hard you can find the information". I've tried to make this point on the forums before but had a hard time trying to get people to understand it.

People are complaining because the information isn't clear.

Yes, you can look at each individual Territory. But there is also a Details screen which people might assume, given its name, has the details.
    Look at the wording of the Geonosian Ship bonus and the wording on Unstable Batteries. If you only look at the Details screen, how would you know that Unstable Batteries only applies to characters but not ships where as The Swarm only applies to ships and not characters?
    Look at the symbols used for The Swarm and All Hans On Deck. They're the same. Two swooping arrows converging on a point. Again, how can you tell which is exclusively for characters and which for ships based on that symbol?

And what is there on the Details screen that tells people they need more information?
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    While it's clearly an oversight from the developers' part, I still find it fascinating how a guild has good enough coordination to get everyone to place the right teams in TW and yet not one officer bothers to read the forums.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    While it's clearly an oversight from the developers' part, I still find it fascinating how a guild has good enough coordination to get everyone to place the right teams in TW and yet not one officer bothers to read the forums.
    You shouldn't have to read the forums. The game should do an excellent job in presenting information about the bonuses without people needing to do research. Like others have mentioned, it should clearly state which bonuses are for ships and which aren't in the TW details screen where all the bonuses are listed
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Hey just be happy you can find the correct information on the official forums. Most times you have to get a buried dev comment on Reddit.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    You shouldn't have to read the forums. The game should do an excellent job in presenting information about the bonuses without people needing to do research. Like others have mentioned, it should clearly state which bonuses are for ships and which aren't in the TW details screen where all the bonuses are listed

And I agree with them. I did not say it's fine as it is. It just surprises me that even competitive players keep avoiding the forum.
  • Options
    Hey just be happy you can find the correct information on the official forums. Most times you have to get a buried dev comment on Reddit.

Like the acknowledgement of the issue in this thread?t2qd4ichkxkz.jpg
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Lol of course.
  • Options
    CG and communication. WAI