Teebo Leader / ST Han (Taunt) Bug - confirmed

djlott
469 posts Member
edited March 2016
I recently switched to Teebo as leader to gain party stealth tactics in Arena and in GW. I have been an avid user of ST Han with his Taunt / Turn Meter advantage characteristics. Recently I've been saying to myself "What the heck happened to ST Han's taunt? I just activated it and now it's gone"! I dismissed it at first thinking that there was an Asajj Ventress out there (or other toon) dispelling my taunt effect. But then it kept happening with more typical teams like Dooku, Sid, Phasma, JC, Lumi. None of these characters have the ability to dispel a taunt effect AFAIK.

Then, it happened to me in one of the Training Droid Challenges and I'm CERTAIN that none of those enemies are able to dispel Han's Taunt.

Here's what I believe is happening: I have Teebo as leader and he has a 55% chance to initiate stealth on a random toon at the beginning of their turn. When ST Han initiates Taunt while he is unstealthed, the taunt takes effect and acts normally. But if Han goes into stealth mode on his next turn, the icon for Taunt disappears and is replaced by stealth icon. My ST Han is fully leveled, 7* and full gear / abilities so his taunt should last 3 full turns. But it does not and I lose this almost immediately because of Teebo's high chance to initiate Stealth.

Now if ST Han initiates Taunt AFTER he is already stealthed, the Taunt will remain and act normally. But if he comes out of Stealth and goes back in, in the next two turns, it is disabled again. This is harder to prove because at that point, his stealth may have just expired naturally anyway. But this whole thing is proving harder to verify than I thought it would be.

Can anyone else confirm this taunt bug? Does this happen to Taunt in general, i.e. Imperial Guard, Chewie, etc., or is this just limited to ST Han? I'll test with Chewie in a bit but since his Taunt only lasts 1 turn, it's harder to tell.

dj
Post edited by djlott on

Replies

• Options
    To me it makes sense.

Han yells: Come get me you nerf herder! <Nerf herders attack Han for 3 turns>
    Teebo Yells: Han Hide! <Han Hides> <Nerf Herders attack someone they can see>
    and

Teebo Yells: Han Hide! <Han Hides> <Nerf Herders attack someone they can see>
    <Han Runs out of hiding>
    Han yells: Come get me you nerf herder! <Nerf herders attack Han for 3 turns>
  • djlott
    469 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Ha ha lol yes jokingly I can see your point. Not jokingly though, that's not exactly how the game mechanics should work, i.e. where one positive ability cancels out another positive ally ability. I mean by that logic, Advantage, Offense Up and other attack based abilities should disappear as well...but they don't.

For the thread, I just tested this again in the Training Droid challenge and it is exactly what I explain in the OP. When Teebo's stealth initiates while ST Han is using Taunt, the Taunt icon (and effect) goes away and only the stealth icon remains. Interestingly, this does not affect any other conditions like Advantage or Offense Up. It's only Taunt. Also, when Han is Stealthed and I initiate Taunt, the Stealth icon disappears and is replaced by the Taunt Icon, but Han remains in stealth mode.
  • Options
    Not really if I have offense up and someone tells me to hide I shouldn't lose it cause the only thing that changed was me hiding. If I am taunting someone and I run away and hide he's not gonna sit there looking for you while someone beats him up. He's gonna attack someone he sees. That particular buff should not stack with hide, it just doesn't make sense. I believe the game mechanics are working as intended as those two buffs are either one or the other not both, whichever was cast last should take control.
  • christopher152003
    381 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Think of how that would work in the mechanics, if he is stealthed the code tells it that Han can only be attacked as a counter, but then you also have the code telling it that it can't attack anyone but Han.

Who does it attack??
  • djlott
    469 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I understand your argument but it's not based on other things we have come to rely on in the code. This can't be working as intended if the effect only happens in one direction and not the other. And there is no mention of this 'soft effect' that you are referring to. But to your point, there are times when my entire team is stealthed because of Teebo. By that logic no one should be available for attack but the game mechanics must allow for it or I would get unlimited turns.

As I said above jokingly, in theory, yes if you were able to make yourself invisible, telling someone to attack you while invisible doesn't make physical sense in the real world. It also doesnt make sense that a stunned character is able to 'dodge' attacks, but it happens in the game all the time. This is a game, based on mechanics written into code. At best, the mechanics are inconsistent.

Look no offense but I'm not sure if you're saying all this just to troll my OP or if you're serious. I'm saying that there is no mention of this side effect on Stealth and Taunt. To me this inconsistency must be a bug.

To answer your questions above though, I would expect Han to still be attacked when he is under Taunt, whether he is stealthed or not. My expectation is that if the two effects can't live together, then I would rather give up the stealth effect for ST Han while he is using Taunt.
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    Options
    It's not A bug. Use your brain.
  • djlott
    469 posts Member
    Options
    Baal wrote: »
    It's not A bug. Use your brain.

OK professor smart ****, then how does ST Han initiate Taunt WHILE he is stealthed? Use your eyes and read the entire post before making big comments hiding your mouth behind the Internet.
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    Options
    Probably like this:
  • christopher152003
    381 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    OMG thank you. Lol.

That video shows a few of Hans buffs you had talked about, offense up, Taunt, and the Teebo ability you mentioned stealth. It also shows you how he would lose stealth after he taunts.
    Post edited by christopher152003 on
  • djlott
    469 posts Member
    Options
    Ok admittedly that was a clever response. It doesn't really address the inconsistencies in my original OP but it was funny. I suppose I knew that I wasn't going to get any real answers to this by coming to the forums.
  • Fantazy
    553 posts Member
    Options
    Stealth should NOT remove an existing taunt. Taunt works fine in stealth mode. Units attack Poe/RG with taunt AND stealthed. I'll try this in challenges and GW because I was unaware of this.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • christopher152003
    381 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Fantazy wrote: »
    Stealth should NOT remove an existing taunt. Taunt works fine in stealth mode. Units attack Poe/RG with taunt AND stealthed. I'll try this in challenges and GW because I was unaware of this.

According to who? Your wrong Poe/RG both lose taunt when they get stealthed after the taunt. If they stealthed then taunt then it cancels out the other.

This bug is not confirmed at all you have one person who agreed with you, and even then he just wants the same answer you do that it's bugged. If you could think about this logically then you would see it is working as intended.

BTW tested with Poe he does the same thing Han does. So bug is confirmed as not a bug.
    Post edited by christopher152003 on
  • djlott
    469 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Ok so I understand your argument about the physics and applying real life scenarios to a game. You want me to think logically about a game with a bunch of intergalactic heroes that use lightsabers and blasters with wookies and ewoks. Ha ha lol okay. But tell me this then... how do you explain dodging attacks when stunned? Something that Sid does all the time (while stunned) when jedi attack. How does anyone attack my team when my entire team is stealthed by Teebo? Somehow Boba Fett can self revive after being killed...multiple times! As far as i know, in real life, that's pretty much impossible.

Is dodging while stunned a bug or intentional? If I remember correctly, this is intended by the devs but OMG it totally breaks the laws of your conventional reality!!! Would it be a bug if I got unlimited turns until my team came out of stealth? You're arguing with me based on real life scenarios that don't t hold any water when compared to other elements of the game.

Look I didn't post this to argue the laws of physics. No where (and i mean no where) in the game is it suggested that stealth would break Taunt...but only if stealth was applied after. If it is intended it would have been nice to know. More importantly I would want a measure of control over this so that I could better control my attack position in battle.

Btw stealth only cancels taunt. Taunt does NOT cancel stealth...at least where ST Han is concerned. Others have tested Imperial Guard and found the same results. I cant speak for Poe. Have you actually tested this yourself or are you arguing just to troll me?
  • Options

Visibility and Taunt can be made to work together, but one of them will have diminished effects, because they work in opposite directions. IMO dispelling any one of them either way is the wrong approach.

There are two visibility levels: stealthed and unstealthed. Enemies only attack unstealthed targets, unless they are all stealthed. In the latter case, it attacks anyone as normal.

Option 1)
    Visibility takes priority
    A taunt work on the visibility level the player is in. If the target is stealthed, taunt does not take effect if there is a visible ally, unless the enemy has a stealth-piercing ability (no such ability exists in the game).
    Once one effect wanes, the other remains.

Option 2)
    Taunt takes priority
    A taunt works on all visibility levels. That would make the stealth ineffective to makethe player unavailable as a possible target. other logic applying to stealthed chars (such as leader side effect bonuses for stealthed allies) would still apply.
    Once one effect wanes, the other remains.

Options 3 and 4) The first/last effect to be applied takes priority
    Any of these models would be more confusing to understand, but are still consistent. On one hand they provide flexibility, on the other hand they are had to be applied reliably because the battles end so quickly, and turn meter manipulation.
    Once one effect wanes, the other one remains.

A buff dispelling another buff IMO is the worst way to go game mechanics-wise.
  • djlott
    469 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    My preference would be that stealth cannot be applied while in Taunt mode so that you don't lose an intentional effect. That would seem to appease all parties in the thread (mine, Christopher's and professor sarcastic above). Right now there are no characters that can self initiate both taunt and stealth. Teebo is the only toon I know of that can stealth other characters and so I can see why the devs hadn't paid too much attention to this. IMO, if a toon is in taunt mode, then stealth cannot (should not) override this.
  • christopher152003
    381 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    djlott wrote: »
    Ok so I understand your argument about the physics and applying real life scenarios to a game. You want me to think logically about a game with a bunch of intergalactic heroes that use lightsabers and blasters with wookies and ewoks. Ha ha lol okay. But tell me this then... how do you explain dodging attacks when stunned? Something that Sid does all the time (while stunned) when jedi attack. How does anyone attack my team when my entire team is stealthed by Teebo? Somehow Boba Fett can self revive after being killed...multiple times! As far as i know, in real life, that's pretty much impossible.

How's this for a Boba Fett plot device:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetrodotoxin

he uses this to fake his death??

as far as being attacked while being stealthed on all members, I don't know but if you all ran and tried to hide together I would probably follow the last man to your location and find you all??
    Is dodging while stunned a bug or intentional? If I remember correctly, this is intended by the devs but OMG it totally breaks the laws of your conventional reality!!! Would it be a bug if I got unlimited turns until my team came out of stealth? You're arguing with me based on real life scenarios that don't t hold any water when compared to other elements of the game.

Are stunned characters supposed to dodge?
    It’s silly and it’s something we’re working on fixing.
    Are stunned characters supposed to be called upon for an ally assist?
    It’s also silly and it’s also something we’re working on fixing.
    Look I didn't post this to argue the laws of physics. No where (and i mean no where) in the game is it suggested that stealth would break Taunt...but only if stealth was applied after. If it is intended it would have been nice to know. More importantly I would want a measure of control over this so that I could better control my attack position in battle.

Listen I don't think that if the devs have said something about anything that you took the time to do a little research. I found the above quote here:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/15965/q-a-2-24-2016#latest
    Btw stealth only cancels taunt. Taunt does NOT cancel stealth...at least where ST Han is concerned. Others have tested Imperial Guard and found the same results. I cant speak for Poe. Have you actually tested this yourself or are you arguing just to troll me?

Not only did I confirm this works on all characters the same way I tested it in GW, and everywhere else just because of this conversation and the above guy saying he confirmed Poe/RG. It's working as far as I can tell the way it was intended. In game mechanics it makes sense, RL scenario it makes sense, what does not make sense is how you stay stealthed while punching the guy in the face while telling him his mom stinks. Everyone will see that. Same way that if you were punching someone in the face calling their mom a stinker and then you ran away and hid and your friends started beating on them they wouldn't take a beating while chasing you.

*edited for spelling errors and content.
  • Options
    One last thing yes this is a fictional game in a fictional galaxy during a fictional time, with awesome characters, and magical lightsabers. However, most games, galaxies all base themselves with mostly real physics and mostly real biology (i.e. eyes, nose, mouth, feet etc.). The game you play these characters have eyes right? Do they seem like they know how to use their weapons?? if they do then yea RL scenarios usually will dictate to some degree the game mechanics or as close as they can get with the coding.
  • djlott
    469 posts Member
    Options
    okay fair enough Christopher. Maybe you and I can agree to disagree here. I simply wanted input from the chiefs that make the game and whether this was intended. It seemed like a bug and I called it one but maybe it isn't. I got your logical response and it didn't answer my initial question...although I did find logic in your reply. I think captain sarcasm (Baal) set me off and then I got a sour taste about the thread. Thanks for the health discussion. I'll extend an olive branch and we can go from there.
  • Options
    okay fair enough Christopher. Maybe you and I can agree to disagree here. I simply wanted input from the chiefs that make the game and whether this was intended. It seemed like a bug and I called it one but maybe it isn't. I got your logical response and it didn't answer my initial question...although I did find logic in your reply. I think captain sarcasm (Baal) set me off and then I got a sour taste about the thread. Thanks for the health discussion. I'll extend an olive branch and we can go from there.

Same to you.
  • Options
    My preference would be that stealth cannot be applied while in Taunt mode so that you don't lose an intentional effect. That would seem to appease all parties in the thread (mine, Christopher's and professor sarcastic above). Right now there are no characters that can self initiate both taunt and stealth. Teebo is the only toon I know of that can stealth other characters and so I can see why the devs hadn't paid too much attention to this. IMO, if a toon is in taunt mode, then stealth cannot (should not) override this.

This would totally be my preference to, as the taunt is an intended effect. This would be fairly easy to code just have taunt override stealth always, they have it coded that way currently if you are stealthed taunt overrides the stealth.

• Options
    As far as I got it, stealth totally removes taunt? It really seems wrong. It is O.K. if taunt doesn't work while you are stealthed (as there is some logic that stealth has priority over taunt), but if two buffs remain when you get them in reversed order (first stealth, than taunt), one should think about some fixes, I guess.
    Grand Moff Tarkin cast offence down on whole my team for 3 turn, my QGJ removes taunt from Stormtrooper and cast Offence Up for 2 turn. Offence Up indication replaced Offence down indication but both effects were working (I had my basic damage: -50% and +50% gave +/- 0%). After my two turns Offence Up wore off, and Offence down indication reappeared for the last (3rd) turn making attacks on this turn 50% less strong. It looks reasonable and working as intended. I'm not sure that it is the same with the above said story.
  • Options
    Irrlicht wrote: »
    As far as I got it, stealth totally removes taunt? It really seems wrong. It is O.K. if taunt doesn't work while you are stealthed (as there is some logic that stealth has priority over taunt), but if two buffs remain when you get them in reversed order (first stealth, than taunt), one should think about some fixes, I guess.
    Grand Moff Tarkin cast offence down on whole my team for 3 turn, my QGJ removes taunt from Stormtrooper and cast Offence Up for 2 turn. Offence Up indication replaced Offence down indication but both effects were working (I had my basic damage: -50% and +50% gave +/- 0%). After my two turns Offence Up wore off, and Offence down indication reappeared for the last (3rd) turn making attacks on this turn 50% less strong. It looks reasonable and working as intended. I'm not sure that it is the same with the above said story.

Ummmm HUH?!?!

• Irrlicht
    471 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    If you get Offence Up buff, there is a special green icon for it. And there is a special red icon for offence down debuff. It is impossible to have both icons at the same time: one replaces another. But effects of both buff and debuff work.
    1) I got buff O Down. Special red icons above my heroes.
    2) I got debuff O Up. Special green icons above my heroes, red icons disappeared. Both buff and debuff work. My damage was usual as buff and debuff balanced each other.
    3) Buff Offence Up disappeared (since it lasts only 2 turns while Offence down - 3 turns). Green icons disappeared, red icons reappeared.
    I think something similar should be with stealth and taunt. If stealth icon replaces taunt, once hero is unstealthed, taunt shall reappear and keep working if it is taunt for 3 turn, for example, and its duration isn't used up.