Don't zeta GMY leadership thinking it will make him immune to shock!!

Anrath
216 posts Member
edited May 2019
Though the immunity to shock is worded like it would apply no matter if GMY is in the leader SLOT or not, it looks like anything in the leadership ability text is useless unless that toon is also the leader of the team.

So under JKR (or DR :) ), GMY will not be immune to shock! **** eh? :#

Replies

• UdalCuain
    5024 posts Member
    Options
    Thought that was fairly obvious. If it was for when he wasn't it the leader slot it would be part of a unique, not a leader ability. Perhaps that's just me though.
  • Anrath
    216 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Yeah but making a Unique that said only "immune to shock" would be kinda dumb, especially if it required a zeta!

I figured they were either throwing us a bone and making zeta'ing his leadship actually useful, or being lazy and not wanting to give GMY a full unique so they threw in an unique ability into his leadership ability!
    Turns out they were just leaving the wording vague (for ~ a year) to trick some into zetaing his leadership, Doh!
  • Danubiss
    423 posts Member
    Options
    If you were “tricked” into putting a zeta on his leadership, thinking that it would also apply when he wasn’t the leader then that’s on you.
  • UdalCuain
    5024 posts Member
    Options
    Anrath wrote: »
    Yeah but making a Unique that said only "immune to shock" would be kinda dumb, especially if it required a zeta!

I figured they were either throwing us a bone and making zeta'ing his leadship actually useful, or being lazy and not wanting to give GMY a full unique so they threw in an unique ability into his leadership ability!
    Turns out they were just leaving the wording vague (for ~ a year) to trick some into zetaing his leadership, Doh!

So you weren't sure why they had added it to his leader ability and decided against getting some clarification before spending the resources? It's all on you then.
  • Options
    Look on the bright side: GMY is one of the best Galactic Republic leaders after Padmé. You could run something like GMY / Anakin / Barriss, JKR / GK / Jolee, and Bastila, Ezra, Old Ben in 3v3 GA. I faced the second team in GA recently and found them very annoying.
  • GunnerFCm
    154 posts Member
    Options
    I didn't get Padme this time around (I've successfully avoided Sep Droids since I started playing) but DID zeta GMY lead for Sith raid at one point, and am loving GMY, GK, Ani, Snips, and Zarriss as a GW/TB team. Moved Ezra and Hyoda onto my JKR team and I've got two viable Jedi options for attack or defense.
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    Options
    Nobody tricked you. It's a leader ability. It only works if the too it's on is the leader. It's
    an extraordinarily simple concept.
  • Options
    GunnerFCm wrote: »
    I didn't get Padme this time around (I've successfully avoided Sep Droids since I started playing) but DID zeta GMY lead for Sith raid at one point, and am loving GMY, GK, Ani, Snips, and Zarriss as a GW/TB team. Moved Ezra and Hyoda onto my JKR team and I've got two viable Jedi options for attack or defense.

Who is Snips?
  • Options
    IronRanger wrote: »
    GunnerFCm wrote: »

Who is Snips?

Ahsoka Tano
  • Options
    The fact that you have made a discussion on this after it was explained to you in the last one hours ago is frightening.
  • GunnerFCm
    154 posts Member
    Options
    IronRanger wrote: »

Who is Snips?

Ahsoka Tano

Her nickname from Clone Wars. One of my favorite characters in the SW universe... So happy she's approaching relevance again! She was my first G12 at a time when I put fandom over strategy. Halcyon days!
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    First you necroed a thread, and then you created your own thread to discuss the same topic. Wauw!
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    First you necroed a thread, and then you created your own thread to discuss the same topic. Wauw!

Not just that, but the necro'd thread already had the correct answer in it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »

Not just that, but the necro'd thread already had the correct answer in it.

When you don't get the answers you want keep asking untill someone with the same amount of "logic" gives you what you want to hear
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Look on the bright side: GMY is one of the best Galactic Republic leaders after Padmé. You could run something like GMY / Anakin / Barriss, JKR / GK / Jolee, and Bastila, Ezra, Old Ben in 3v3 GA. I faced the second team in GA recently and found them very annoying.

I use a G11 noZ GMY G10 JC G10 Mace G10 Ahsoka G11 Plo all 170 speed but GMY, heavily stacked with tenacity and win all the time with them on offense against EP or Vader teams. It's hilarious because I usually get 0 debuffs. You can make so many teams useful with mods.
    http://swgoh.gg/squads/151812/
  • Options

I use a G11 noZ GMY G10 JC G10 Mace G10 Ahsoka G11 Plo all 170 speed but GMY, heavily stacked with tenacity and win all the time with them on offense against EP or Vader teams. It's hilarious because I usually get 0 debuffs. You can make so many teams useful with mods.
    http://swgoh.gg/squads/151812/

That's okay, you'll encounter Sion and Thrawn soon enough...
  • Options
    Logged in just to join the fun of this one.

I, too, thought GMY was immune to shock, then I was informed it was due to his leader ability.

Did I feel dumb? Yes. Did I get angry and try to be a rabble rouser? No. Why? Because not once, ever, in this game has any leader ability applied when the character is outside the leader a slot, regardless how the ability is worded.

You’re gonna have to chalk this one up to a “d’oh” moment and move on, pal.
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    The fact you don't realize that GMY lead got a rework BEFORE Bastilla and JKR were even released is somehow the least dumb part of your rant.

Edit: abbreviated Bastilla to a no no word oops