Dooku and Nute

13Next

Replies

• Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Options
    a
    jejuzang wrote: »
    Only some people have nute super well geared. Only those that knew of how he worked with AAT. This was before g12 i believe...and he got nerfed hard, so im sure no one maxed him because CG nerfed him nearly useless.

I'd say that far more people have him geared for that Nute, Leia, GeoSpy, Zombie, Acolyte comp than had him geared for the AAT. It was a very good counter for non AoE heavy teams.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Nihion wrote: »
    Nah this is just wrong. A complete slap in the face.

They make an event really difficult, then after its passed they rework the toons used in the event. They know this rework should have been first.

I would be upset if i sunk my resources into getting Padme with a less than team and these reworks end up making her easier to get

Of course it is....because everything that happens in the world today is a "slap in the face" to someone, lol. They told us before the event that Dooku and Nute were getting reworks. Anyone paying attention knew that these two would be better after their reworks. The people who got Padme will have her for 3 months before other people can get her....if they just wanted to eventually get her and didn't want that period of exclusivity, they could have waited for the reworks. That's why I just got her at 5* with what I had and didn't gear up anyone specifically for her event. I already had Dooku at G11 and wanted to see how much better he was going to be after his rework.

Paying attention?

Nute's last rework made him worse, Finn's too, and HK as a droid leader.

Correct way to do this would have been to issue the reworks and make Padme a marquee so everyone gets to test the rework out and be sure if they want it. It also leads to sales.

Only people that were hurt by this were those that spent resources to get Padme early and everyone else gets her later with an easier time. Point is the rework should have happened before the event because now you are essentially changing the events difficulty very soon after its release.

Like how they released new BHs BEFORE the Chewy event. What made them think this was a good idea i wonder...

Paying attention? Because it’s clear that you have no idea why things like Finn and HK were changed.

Most reworks are meant to be buffs, especially if they are announced or hinted at earlier. JKA, GK, Ahsoka, Bastila, Grievous, B2, etc. Most “nerfs” have happened only recently, and they were also announced as such.

Look, we get that you and a lot to f people spent to get Padmé, but however unfair this is, it’s a marketing strategy. I’m guessing that it’s working, due to their repeated use of this strategy. It makes no sense from a business standpoint to make free characters really good right before a big event.

And im saying the marketing strategy would be better the other way around by introducing these reworks first through a marquee event to work out the for sure bugs these will bring.

No one in their right mind is going to invest in these reworks now. Especially when there is about a 90% chance they will be nerfed in a week. This game is so complicated that everytime there is a "rework" or a new toon introduced the game is "broken" and then more toons are getting nerfed.

I didnt spend for padme because i am free to play but its a slap in the face to those that did.

These nerfs have BEEN happening. Its only recent to you because you haven't played this game for very long. Like Nute for example (funny that he's now being buffed again)

This strategy has never been used before. Never. Look at all the legendaries there are and tell me which have had reworks RIGHT after the event was held to make the event easier, ill wait (surprise, there are none). Everything has always happened prior to an event happening never right after. If its right after its to nerf a toon not buff them.

Explain to me why the HK droids were destroyed. We all know what happened to Finn.

Lol, so many fallacies. Also don’t pretend you know me, I’ve played this game for years.

Again, Nute and Dooku have, for most people, been ready to go for years. Giving them a solid rework BEFORE the event that requires their faction is a terrible money making strategy.

And you don’t “spend money” on reworks.

Good day

What? Anyone can just say things with no reason. Nothing you said makes any sense. You're just saying things

I never mentioned you, so i surely dont care to know you.

What are the fallacies you claim are there?

So i guess the Bastilla rework prior to the Malak event was a bad money making idea huh? Even though people had her ready for months...

I dont have Nute ready, sure i have Dooku and but then again ive played since 2016. By the time i heard about the Nute in AAT raid CG nerfed him...and you cant just assume most people have a useless toon like Nute ready to go. Thats ridiculous.

Yes you do spend money on reworks, that's why there are packs for the reworked toons. I was however mainly referring to the resources in game you spend which you only get quickly by....spending money

Go away.

Assuming that parts of what you suggest are fact. Forgot the name of that fallacy. I should also point out that you’re proving yourself wrong. You literally said that Nute was good for AAT, and that gives people incentive to improve him. Other people, having mastered the end game, upgraded him anyway. Basically, if you’ve been playing since 2016 and haven’t leveled Nute: that’s kinda on you.

Bastila was different from these reworks. Just because Bastila got buffed before Malak, it didn’t mean that she could be used instead of other characters that were hard to build up in time without money.

So I’ll show you the whole scenario. CG allows the public to farm Droideka and Battle Droid. Then, they announce Padmé is coming shortly after. Now let’s say they rework Dooku and Nute right before Padmé. Yay, everyone gets Padmé because these free characters are good! There is no money needed to get an “arduous” legendary character right off the bat. So what actually happened, instead of losing money, CG made the event just hard enough to get people to think they needed to pay for Droideka. That, or they needed some top tier characters. After the event, they release the reworks to make it easier for more casual players later. It’s a win-win.

I’m assuming that you ended up paying and are now mad. I’m sorry for you, but that doesn’t give warrant to your argument. If that is the case, then you just fell into their convincing business model.

And finally, no, I don’t need to leave you alone. If you didn’t want criticism, you shouldn’t have posted on a public forum. Just saying.

No i did not pay anything for Padme. That event was way too tough for me/i was no where near ready.

Only some people have nute super well geared. Only those that knew of how he worked with AAT. This was before g12 i believe...and he got nerfed hard, so im sure no one maxed him because CG nerfed him nearly useless.

My point is and has always been that this method of a rework was a slap in the face. You dont change something AFTER the fact. No one buys a car then test drives it. People are going to be SOOOO mad when these "reworked" toons dont help them get Padme. They are investing in the reworks off faith not sight.

Im calling it now. CG will either refund everyone that put a Zeta and invested in Dooku and Nute, or they will rework the "rework" and make them viable for the event.

I refuse to invest in something that im not sure about will do what i want it to. And my main reason for investing in those two is Padme.

As ive stated ad nausea CG has ALWAYS done the reworks prior to the event or at least not right after.
    Bastilla (free slow farm)> Darth Malak
    Nightsisters (free fast farm)
    Ewoks (free fast farm)
    Bounty Hunters (free mixed farm)

And i *think* all the rest have been after the second run of a event.

Either way ill see you in 90 days (or less pending if CG can catch this walk by faith debacle before the event returns).

If only there was someway to teat these toons in that event prior.....hm...

Your first comment wasn't criticism. It was just you saying " no because i have my reasons.

You clearly understand nothing about a debate, so I leave you with this: Quit if you want. However, your argument is not warranted, and you are ignoring the facts. I’ve already explained that to you in my last post.
  • jejuzang
    710 posts Member
    Options

They make an event really difficult, then after its passed they rework the toons used in the event. They know this rework should have been first.

I would be upset if i sunk my resources into getting Padme with a less than team and these reworks end up making her easier to get

Of course it is....because everything that happens in the world today is a "slap in the face" to someone, lol. They told us before the event that Dooku and Nute were getting reworks. Anyone paying attention knew that these two would be better after their reworks. The people who got Padme will have her for 3 months before other people can get her....if they just wanted to eventually get her and didn't want that period of exclusivity, they could have waited for the reworks. That's why I just got her at 5* with what I had and didn't gear up anyone specifically for her event. I already had Dooku at G11 and wanted to see how much better he was going to be after his rework.

Paying attention?

Correct way to do this would have been to issue the reworks and make Padme a marquee so everyone gets to test the rework out and be sure if they want it. It also leads to sales.

Only people that were hurt by this were those that spent resources to get Padme early and everyone else gets her later with an easier time. Point is the rework should have happened before the event because now you are essentially changing the events difficulty very soon after its release.

Like how they released new BHs BEFORE the Chewy event. What made them think this was a good idea i wonder...

Paying attention? Because it’s clear that you have no idea why things like Finn and HK were changed.

Most reworks are meant to be buffs, especially if they are announced or hinted at earlier. JKA, GK, Ahsoka, Bastila, Grievous, B2, etc. Most “nerfs” have happened only recently, and they were also announced as such.

Look, we get that you and a lot to f people spent to get Padmé, but however unfair this is, it’s a marketing strategy. I’m guessing that it’s working, due to their repeated use of this strategy. It makes no sense from a business standpoint to make free characters really good right before a big event.

And im saying the marketing strategy would be better the other way around by introducing these reworks first through a marquee event to work out the for sure bugs these will bring.

No one in their right mind is going to invest in these reworks now. Especially when there is about a 90% chance they will be nerfed in a week. This game is so complicated that everytime there is a "rework" or a new toon introduced the game is "broken" and then more toons are getting nerfed.

I didnt spend for padme because i am free to play but its a slap in the face to those that did.

These nerfs have BEEN happening. Its only recent to you because you haven't played this game for very long. Like Nute for example (funny that he's now being buffed again)

This strategy has never been used before. Never. Look at all the legendaries there are and tell me which have had reworks RIGHT after the event was held to make the event easier, ill wait (surprise, there are none). Everything has always happened prior to an event happening never right after. If its right after its to nerf a toon not buff them.

Explain to me why the HK droids were destroyed. We all know what happened to Finn.

Lol, so many fallacies. Also don’t pretend you know me, I’ve played this game for years.

Again, Nute and Dooku have, for most people, been ready to go for years. Giving them a solid rework BEFORE the event that requires their faction is a terrible money making strategy.

Good day

What? Anyone can just say things with no reason. Nothing you said makes any sense. You're just saying things

So i guess the Bastilla rework prior to the Malak event was a bad money making idea huh? Even though people had her ready for months...

I dont have Nute ready, sure i have Dooku and but then again ive played since 2016. By the time i heard about the Nute in AAT raid CG nerfed him...and you cant just assume most people have a useless toon like Nute ready to go. Thats ridiculous.

Yes you do spend money on reworks, that's why there are packs for the reworked toons. I was however mainly referring to the resources in game you spend which you only get quickly by....spending money

Go away.

Assuming that parts of what you suggest are fact. Forgot the name of that fallacy. I should also point out that you’re proving yourself wrong. You literally said that Nute was good for AAT, and that gives people incentive to improve him. Other people, having mastered the end game, upgraded him anyway. Basically, if you’ve been playing since 2016 and haven’t leveled Nute: that’s kinda on you.

Bastila was different from these reworks. Just because Bastila got buffed before Malak, it didn’t mean that she could be used instead of other characters that were hard to build up in time without money.

So I’ll show you the whole scenario. CG allows the public to farm Droideka and Battle Droid. Then, they announce Padmé is coming shortly after. Now let’s say they rework Dooku and Nute right before Padmé. Yay, everyone gets Padmé because these free characters are good! There is no money needed to get an “arduous” legendary character right off the bat. So what actually happened, instead of losing money, CG made the event just hard enough to get people to think they needed to pay for Droideka. That, or they needed some top tier characters. After the event, they release the reworks to make it easier for more casual players later. It’s a win-win.

I’m assuming that you ended up paying and are now mad. I’m sorry for you, but that doesn’t give warrant to your argument. If that is the case, then you just fell into their convincing business model.

And finally, no, I don’t need to leave you alone. If you didn’t want criticism, you shouldn’t have posted on a public forum. Just saying.

No i did not pay anything for Padme. That event was way too tough for me/i was no where near ready.

My point is and has always been that this method of a rework was a slap in the face. You dont change something AFTER the fact. No one buys a car then test drives it. People are going to be SOOOO mad when these "reworked" toons dont help them get Padme. They are investing in the reworks off faith not sight.

Im calling it now. CG will either refund everyone that put a Zeta and invested in Dooku and Nute, or they will rework the "rework" and make them viable for the event.

I refuse to invest in something that im not sure about will do what i want it to. And my main reason for investing in those two is Padme.

As ive stated ad nausea CG has ALWAYS done the reworks prior to the event or at least not right after.
    Ewoks (free fast farm)

Either way ill see you in 90 days (or less pending if CG can catch this walk by faith debacle before the event returns).

Your first comment wasn't criticism. It was just you saying " no because i have my reasons.

You clearly understand nothing about a debate, so I leave you with this: Quit if you want. However, your argument is not warranted, and you are ignoring the facts. I’ve already explained that to you in my last post.

I think you're just trolling at this point. I addressed everything you said bud.
  • Options
    Tbirds01 wrote: »
    Dooku, nute, GG, magna, and b1 could be fun.

Use B2 instead on Magnaguard, and it's a super fun team.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options

Paying attention?

Good day

Go away.

Ewoks (free fast farm)

I think you're just trolling at this point. I addressed everything you said bud.

Again, you are admitting to defeat. You can’t just call your opponent a “troll”, and that’s not what I’m here to do.

I described their business model and why it works. You responded with completely different scenarios. I don’t believe that you have evidence that Nute was “nerfed”, and as a separate person here pointed out, there were also other compilations that he fit well into in the past. A lot of people, such as me, had him at a good place and ready for a rework.

You’re also trying to condescend to me, by using “bud”. That doesn’t scare me. As far as you know, I could be 20 years older than you. That “strategy” is another form of desperation used toward the end of an arguments lifespan.

And I did say “no, and these are my reasons why.” Then you responded with “no, go away.” So you knew you had already lost from the beginning. Welcome to debate.
  • jejuzang
    710 posts Member
    Options

Paying attention?

Good day

Go away.

Ewoks (free fast farm)

Again, you are admitting to defeat. You can’t just call your opponent a “troll”, and that’s not what I’m here to do.

I described their business model and why it works. You responded with completely different scenarios. I don’t believe that you have evidence that Nute was “nerfed”, and as a separate person here pointed out, there were also other compilations that he fit well into in the past. A lot of people, such as me, had him at a good place and ready for a rework.

You’re also trying to condescend to me, by using “bud”. That doesn’t scare me. As far as you know, I could be 20 years older than you. That “strategy” is another form of desperation used toward the end of an arguments lifespan.

And I did say “no, and these are my reasons why.” Then you responded with “no, go away.” So you knew you had already lost from the beginning. Welcome to debate.

Huh? Nute was nerfed...everyone that was here prior to the HAAT raid being soloable knows that. He broke the "game design" and did massive damage in the raid.

The proof is in the forums, people were mad because there were no refunds.

You didnt describe their business model. I did. This is the FIRST time they have done a rework like this;hence my complaint.

Never seen Nute used since his nerf let alone that team. Why use that team when you have Talzin? The only reason to have Nute geared was because you used him in HAAT before nerf or you wanted you collection score up.

You didn't give any reasons in your first post. When you did gave any reasons, they weren't true or based on anything. No one here is trying to scare you, and no one here has attacked or threatened you. You are however doing an excellent job of changing the subject and trolling twice as hard.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Never seen Nute used since his nerf let alone that team. Why use that team when you have Talzin? The only reason to have Nute geared was because you used him in HAAT before nerf or you wanted you collection score up.

Whether you saw it or not, it definitely had a much larger following than his being a leader in HAAT did. The HAAT team worked for all of a week or 2. The Nute stealth team was even a viable counter for JKR yet was introduced back when NS were first reworked, so was in circulation for many many many months as a counter in twar and grand arena.

Anybody that had him geared almost certainly did so for the team I mentioned and not the HAAT team.

• jejuzang
    710 posts Member
    Options
    Woodroward wrote: »

Whether you saw it or not, it definitely had a much larger following than his being a leader in HAAT did. The HAAT team worked for all of a week or 2. The Nute stealth team was even a viable counter for JKR yet was introduced back when NS were first reworked, so was in circulation for many many many months as a counter in twar and grand arena.

Anybody that had him geared almost certainly did so for the team I mentioned and not the HAAT team.

I don't buy that people are using Nute over Talzin. You may be someone who does but that's a minority. Talzin lead crushes Nutes every time.

People only geared him for the HAAT raid then HAD to find another use for him. Sure hes better now but he is has never been and will never be used in any top teams of a competitive shard.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options

Paying attention?

Good day

Go away.

Ewoks (free fast farm)

Huh? Nute was nerfed...everyone that was here prior to the HAAT raid being soloable knows that. He broke the "game design" and did massive damage in the raid.

You didnt describe their business model. I did. This is the FIRST time they have done a rework like this;hence my complaint.

You didn't give any reasons in your first post. When you did gave any reasons, they weren't true or based on anything. No one here is trying to scare you, and no one here has attacked or threatened you. You are however doing an excellent job of changing the subject and trolling twice as hard.

lol, you’re still trying to demerit me. You did not explain their business model. Give me a full scenario, like I did, where reworks happened before an event and gave them more money. I never changed the subject, you just refuse to respond to the actual points that I’ve made.

You “don’t buy” @Woodroward s actual evidence, so you must be right. Logic lol. Just admit that Nute has his uses and most people would have done better on Padmé if he was reworked before. Regardless, most people upgraded Dooku anyway, therefore making the event really F2P friendly if they were reworked beforehand. Not good for business.

And who cares if I had reasons for in my first post? I have given a lot of good reasons by now, but you seem to ignore them.

And again with the “trolling” comment. I’ll bet you don’t even know what a troll is. Anyway, that low blow costs you argument points. But go ahead and keep digging that hole.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    I just shot the pilot. Dooku steals Nute's hat and then loses it on the subway.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • jejuzang
    710 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    [/quote]
    Ewoks (free fast farm)
    Bounty Hunters (free mixed farm) [/quote]

There are your cases. If you want more just refer to literally every other rework. Had to quote myself because i think you missed or forgot. (Which i failed at) Most likely just trolling though.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Ewoks (free fast farm)
    Bounty Hunters (free mixed farm) [/quote]

There are your cases. If you want more just refer to literally every other rework. Had to quote myself because i think you missed or forgot. (Which i failed at) Most likely just trolling though. [/quote]

No, you don’t get it. They are completely different scenarios. Ewoks? No new ones added, no need to spend. Bounty Hunters? Bossk is very difficult to farm in time for Chewie, a lot of people spent because he was required for event. So other hunters? Yeah useless without Bossk. Nightsisters? ... what legendary are they required for? Not at all similar. Bastila? Couldn’t be used over other, money necessary toons. Doesn’t relate at all.

So none of these scenarios relate or are similar, as I already told you. Btw, hows the “troll” hole you’re digging?
  • jejuzang
    710 posts Member
    Options
    Ewoks (free fast farm)

There are your cases. If you want more just refer to literally every other rework. Had to quote myself because i think you missed or forgot. (Which i failed at) Most likely just trolling though. [/quote]

No, you don’t get it. They are completely different scenarios. Ewoks? No new ones added, no need to spend. Bounty Hunters? Bossk is very difficult to farm in time for Chewie, a lot of people spent because he was required for event. So other hunters? Yeah useless without Bossk. Nightsisters? ... what legendary are they required for? Not at all similar. Bastila? Couldn’t be used over other, money necessary toons. Doesn’t relate at all.

So none of these scenarios relate or are similar, as I already told you. Btw, hows the “troll” hole you’re digging?[/quote]

Ewoks : Logray and Wicket for C3P0
    BH : Jango, Aurra Sing and Embo for Chewy
    Nightsisters: Zombie, Spirit, and Talzin for Talzin
    Bastilla for Malak (power level increase to meet prereqs without using a zeta.

And dont forget about every other rework in the game. They are all ties together because they are reworks.

Reworks should not happen immediatly after an event. Only before or after the second passing of the event.

Yes, you are still trolling.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Ewoks (free fast farm)

There are your cases. If you want more just refer to literally every other rework. Had to quote myself because i think you missed or forgot. (Which i failed at) Most likely just trolling though.

So none of these scenarios relate or are similar, as I already told you. Btw, hows the “troll” hole you’re digging?[/quote]

Ewoks : Logray and Wicket for C3P0
    BH : Jango, Aurra Sing and Embo for Chewy
    Nightsisters: Zombie, Spirit, and Talzin for Talzin
    Bastilla for Malak (power level increase to meet prereqs without using a zeta.

And dont forget about every other rework in the game. They are all ties together because they are reworks.

Reworks should not happen immediatly after an event. Only before or after the second passing of the event.

Yes, you are still trolling. [/quote]

What? See now I’m pretty sure that you’re trolling because you ignored everything I said. And I mean completely. Also, usually trolls insist on calling other people trolls all the time. Alright, well now that I know that you’re unreasonable and probably living in your moms basement, I’ll just leave.

Good day sir!
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Options

Paying attention?

Good day

Go away.

Ewoks (free fast farm)

Or you have jawas geared and want to try something with them.
    There are always ppl dont really care about the arena/GA or whatever and is trying something new.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I just shot the pilot. Dooku steals Nute's hat and then loses it on the subway.

An old lady (Daka) finds it and won't give it back.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I will have Nute and Dooku ready for Padme when she returns along with GG,B2,and Droidika...
  • Options

Paying attention?

Good day

Go away.

Ewoks (free fast farm)

Actually the way nute worked in aat was u could use him completely undergeared at like g6, it was the jawas that when combined with him and even they could be left undergeared that let u clear the phase.