Dooku and Nute

Prev13
look pretty good question tho with eon those taking leader... is GG worth gearing at this point can he be a good non leader toon? what is the sweet spot for padme 7*?

nute dooku droideka and magna, B2? or?
No. Just No.

Replies

• KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    Grevious will be good in a droid team or under one of these new reworks.
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    Options
    In a word, yes. You miss a huge amount of damage if you don't take him to G12+
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    Options
    Dooku, nute, GG, magna, and b1 could be fun.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Options
    Tbirds01 wrote: »
    Dooku, nute, GG, magna, and b1 could be fun.

I would swap b1 for b2 maybe?

Man, now I don't know where to focus. I just zeta'd padme and now I may switch back to seps.. decisions, decisions.
  • jejuzang
    710 posts Member
    Options
    Nah this is just wrong. A complete slap in the face.

They make an event really difficult, then after its passed they rework the toons used in the event. They know this rework should have been first.

I would be upset if i sunk my resources into getting Padme with a less than team and these reworks end up making her easier to get
  • Options
    They told us they were reworking these two. I stopped at 6* padme. Would have wasted resources to push for 7*
  • Options
    jejuzang wrote: »

They make an event really difficult, then after its passed they rework the toons used in the event. They know this rework should have been first.

I would be upset if i sunk my resources into getting Padme with a less than team and these reworks end up making her easier to get

Of course it is....because everything that happens in the world today is a "slap in the face" to someone, lol. They told us before the event that Dooku and Nute were getting reworks. Anyone paying attention knew that these two would be better after their reworks. The people who got Padme will have her for 3 months before other people can get her....if they just wanted to eventually get her and didn't want that period of exclusivity, they could have waited for the reworks. That's why I just got her at 5* with what I had and didn't gear up anyone specifically for her event. I already had Dooku at G11 and wanted to see how much better he was going to be after his rework.
  • jejuzang
    710 posts Member
    Options

Of course it is....because everything that happens in the world today is a "slap in the face" to someone, lol. They told us before the event that Dooku and Nute were getting reworks. Anyone paying attention knew that these two would be better after their reworks. The people who got Padme will have her for 3 months before other people can get her....if they just wanted to eventually get her and didn't want that period of exclusivity, they could have waited for the reworks. That's why I just got her at 5* with what I had and didn't gear up anyone specifically for her event. I already had Dooku at G11 and wanted to see how much better he was going to be after his rework.

Paying attention?

Nute's last rework made him worse, Finn's too, and HK as a droid leader.

Correct way to do this would have been to issue the reworks and make Padme a marquee so everyone gets to test the rework out and be sure if they want it. It also leads to sales.

Only people that were hurt by this were those that spent resources to get Padme early and everyone else gets her later with an easier time. Point is the rework should have happened before the event because now you are essentially changing the events difficulty very soon after its release.

Like how they released new BHs BEFORE the Chewy event. What made them think this was a good idea i wonder...

• KalHorn
    102 posts Member
    Options
    This made total sense in game and business. There should be a period of exclusivity. I am free to play but got Chewie, C3PO and Padmé all 7 star first pass. Got DR but not Malak or JKR first pass. Give CG a break. They have a delicate balance to run and I personally think they’re finding balance well.

I give them props for Malak event (though wish his rework only affected Sith leader abilities). However I had the thought in back of my head about if it also was addressing future kits. Low and behold, Dooku lead and TM gain would be approaching a DR/Malak Counter with the healing immunity/shock and Dooku TM gain.

Anyway, back on track. They made it clear that this event would be very hard and it was obvious that it would be easier after this reworks. Anyone devoted to getting a character can make it F2P at the second pass of the event anyway. I sunk resources into GG, B2 and Poggle to get Padmé and I have absolutely no regrets about that. They will be key in new TB and are a good investment
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options

Paying attention?

Correct way to do this would have been to issue the reworks and make Padme a marquee so everyone gets to test the rework out and be sure if they want it. It also leads to sales.

Only people that were hurt by this were those that spent resources to get Padme early and everyone else gets her later with an easier time. Point is the rework should have happened before the event because now you are essentially changing the events difficulty very soon after its release.

Like how they released new BHs BEFORE the Chewy event. What made them think this was a good idea i wonder...

Paying attention? Because it’s clear that you have no idea why things like Finn and HK were changed.

Most reworks are meant to be buffs, especially if they are announced or hinted at earlier. JKA, GK, Ahsoka, Bastila, Grievous, B2, etc. Most “nerfs” have happened only recently, and they were also announced as such.

Look, we get that you and a lot to f people spent to get Padmé, but however unfair this is, it’s a marketing strategy. I’m guessing that it’s working, due to their repeated use of this strategy. It makes no sense from a business standpoint to make free characters really good right before a big event.
  • jejuzang
    710 posts Member
    Options
    Nihion wrote: »

Paying attention?

Paying attention? Because it’s clear that you have no idea why things like Finn and HK were changed.

Most reworks are meant to be buffs, especially if they are announced or hinted at earlier. JKA, GK, Ahsoka, Bastila, Grievous, B2, etc. Most “nerfs” have happened only recently, and they were also announced as such.

Look, we get that you and a lot to f people spent to get Padmé, but however unfair this is, it’s a marketing strategy. I’m guessing that it’s working, due to their repeated use of this strategy. It makes no sense from a business standpoint to make free characters really good right before a big event.

And im saying the marketing strategy would be better the other way around by introducing these reworks first through a marquee event to work out the for sure bugs these will bring.

No one in their right mind is going to invest in these reworks now. Especially when there is about a 90% chance they will be nerfed in a week. This game is so complicated that everytime there is a "rework" or a new toon introduced the game is "broken" and then more toons are getting nerfed.

I didnt spend for padme because i am free to play but its a slap in the face to those that did.

These nerfs have BEEN happening. Its only recent to you because you haven't played this game for very long. Like Nute for example (funny that he's now being buffed again)

This strategy has never been used before. Never. Look at all the legendaries there are and tell me which have had reworks RIGHT after the event was held to make the event easier, ill wait (surprise, there are none). Everything has always happened prior to an event happening never right after. If its right after its to nerf a toon not buff them.

Explain to me why the HK droids were destroyed. We all know what happened to Finn.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

Finn and HK are much better now. They're just not leaders any more, which is actually fine when you consider their leader abilities were so strong that they were the reason later Droid and Resistance characters were gimped. I know, I know, I know, you're going to come back at me with something about how Revan has an equally OP, faction-breaking leader ability. The difference is that you can't farm Revan from a single Cantina node.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • jejuzang
    710 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Finn and HK are much better now. They're just not leaders any more, which is actually fine when you consider their leader abilities were so strong that they were the reason later Droid and Resistance characters were gimped. I know, I know, I know, you're going to come back at me with something about how Revan has an equally OP, faction-breaking leader ability. The difference is that you can't farm Revan from a single Cantina node.

HK is better for 1% of the player base. But for the 100% of us that had a droid squad set up around him it was a big middle finger. Wish i could get all my credits and droids and mats spent on him back. Id find another droid leader. Waiting for Bao-Dur i guess.
  • Options

HK is better for 1% of the player base. But for the 100% of us that had a droid squad set up around him it was a big middle finger. Wish i could get all my credits and droids and mats spent on him back. Id find another droid leader. Waiting for Bao-Dur i guess.

Your "100%" of players that had a droid squad built around HK is probably a smaller number than that "1%" of players with DR in their roster, by the way.
  • Options

Paying attention?

Finns rework didn’t make him worse! He’s my MVP in HSTR and HAAT now 🙂
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

haha, and then what? you're just gonna leave an amazing droid like HK at g1/lvl1?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    I wasn't expecting this thread to be so entertaining.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

Paying attention?

And im saying the marketing strategy would be better the other way around by introducing these reworks first through a marquee event to work out the for sure bugs these will bring.

No one in their right mind is going to invest in these reworks now. Especially when there is about a 90% chance they will be nerfed in a week. This game is so complicated that everytime there is a "rework" or a new toon introduced the game is "broken" and then more toons are getting nerfed.

I didnt spend for padme because i am free to play but its a slap in the face to those that did.

These nerfs have BEEN happening. Its only recent to you because you haven't played this game for very long. Like Nute for example (funny that he's now being buffed again)

This strategy has never been used before. Never. Look at all the legendaries there are and tell me which have had reworks RIGHT after the event was held to make the event easier, ill wait (surprise, there are none). Everything has always happened prior to an event happening never right after. If its right after its to nerf a toon not buff them.

Explain to me why the HK droids were destroyed. We all know what happened to Finn.

New FO characters were released not long after the BB8 event and those new characters were both better and easier to farm than the original ones.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    Hopefully this reworks pattern holds where characters get better synergy with their factions or professions. It can be more interesting then the start of the game when my lineup was Sidious L, Dooku, Lumi, fives, and JC. Mixed groups are not as fun (imo).
    I’m not a big fan of lightside characters on a Darkside squads (or DS on LS) because of one mechanic. I wish that characters like GMY buff mechanic could only work on lightside characters. Just my opinion.
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »

Paying attention?

New FO characters were released not long after the BB8 event and those new characters were both better and easier to farm than the original ones.

Specifically KRU. Or was he released just before BB-8?
  • Options
    After
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

haha, and then what? you're just gonna leave an amazing droid like HK at g1/lvl1?

He's far from amazing without DR, leaving him at g1/lvl1 sounds reasonable if you don't have the one team where he's good.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Ephran wrote: »

Paying attention?

Definitely after. In my day we couldn't walk over the event with KRU, we had to do it with Phasma lead. And we had to walk uphill while doing it. Both ways.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • jejuzang
    710 posts Member
    Options

Paying attention?

Right after? You mean after BB8 came by 2 times.

Reworks and new toons are different. Point remains that Reworks right after a legendary has never happened.

And yes what's the use of HK without Darth Revan?
  • CamaroAMF
    1283 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Paying attention?

Definitely after. In my day we couldn't walk over the event with KRU, we had to do it with Phasma lead. And we had to walk uphill while doing it. Both ways.

In a foot of snow. Can’t forget the snow.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

Paying attention?

Right after? You mean after BB8 came by 2 times.

Reworks and new toons are different. Point remains that Reworks right after a legendary has never happened.

And yes what's the use of HK without Darth Revan?

No, Matt was released before the new movie and BB8’s second appearance was when JTRey dropped which was at the same time as the movie.

I really don’t see the difference. These events get easier over time whether it’s due to new characters, reworks, new gear levels, mods, or whatever. It’s always going to be easier to get the character later than it is the first time. And you knew these reworks were coming so if you wanted to skip the first event in order to complete it more easily later you had that choice. It’s not like they sprung this on us after the fact, we actually had fair warning for once.
  • Options
    KRU was released just before the 2nd time the BB8 event came around

28/07/2017 - BB8 Event 1st Time
    09/11/2017 - KRU Marquee
    08/12/207 - BB8 Event 2nd Time

Many won't have had KRU for the 2nd time BB8 came around which won't be the case with Dooku and Nute reworks