I love Anakin, but Anakin hates me

Prev1
Qeltar
4326 posts Member
edited March 2016
Why do I have the feeling these last 82 shards to get him to 7* are going to be the death of me.
(1/15 over last 2 days and refusing to appear in shipments... I swear this is the last time I EVER farm a hard-node-only character for an event..)
Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.

Replies

• Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Why do I have the feeling these last 82 shards to get him to 7* are going to be the death of me.
    (1/15 over last 2 days and refusing to appear in shipments... I swear this is the last time I EVER farm a hard-node-only character for an event..)

I feel ya. I didnt make it for either yoda event. I am 100% f2p so when the first yoda came out i had a 7* lumi, 4* JC, 2* ashoka, 2* guardian, 4* old ben (got from my first chromium pack that i blew my crystals on before i read the forums)

When i saw i had 20 days, I started farming eekhoth or whatever his name is, and ashoka tokens and now I still dont have yoda but have a 7* lumi, 5* eek, 4* jc, 4* ashoka and 4* old ben.

I just dont know if i want to keep going... I just unlocked QGJ (2*) and I can cantina focus him but I really just dont want to farm these characters when I have more pressing issues with getting Arena characters for the meta.
  • Options

Of course he hates you. He hates you so much he cries tears.
  • Options
    I went 3/6 on Annie today
    Went 1/9 on Rey though ;(
  • Options
    I seem to do ok m- f on anakin nodes, usually 5 for 9.

Sat and sun I splurge and reset the nodes for 18, this weekend I landed a whopping 8 shards from 36. Well I guess that's not bad.

Never see him in shipments.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    8/36 is below average but not that bad.
    Hard nodes are irritating. I refreshed his nodes to get him to 6* for this current Yoda event, and based on averages shouldn't need to in order to get him to 7* for the next one. But not if I keep getting 1/9 and 0/6 stuff. :)
    Edit: Make that 0/9 today after 1/9 yesterday and nothing in shipments despite two refreshes. !@($_Q(@$_!@%(*+@%!()@$+!@($_!@)*(!@_$*@_#*#*$#*%$%
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Options
    I hear ya. I have been farming him for weeks and just at 58/80. I wanted to buy the pack, but I'm not gonna invest any more money in this game until I am satisfied they are committed to making it a quality product.
  • Options
    I applaud you for fighting the good fight. I told myself when I first started the game gameI will not ever farm hard node only characters. It locks me out of a lot of solid characters, but it helps keep me sane. Farming 100s of shards when I seem to average a 15-20% drop rate...no thanks.
  • Options
    I applaud you for fighting the good fight. I told myself when I first started the game gameI will not ever farm hard node only characters. It locks me out of a lot of solid characters, but it helps keep me sane. Farming 100s of shards when I seem to average a 15-20% drop rate...no thanks.

Dude, it's worth it.
  • Options
    Nutteralex wrote: »

Dude, it's worth it.

I feel like that energy is better used maxing the character gear I have rather than pulling my hair out spending months trying to 7* someone like RG or Rey. To each their own I guess.
  • Options
    Nutteralex wrote: »

Dude, it's worth it.

I feel like that energy is better used maxing the character gear I have rather than pulling my hair out spending months trying to 7* someone like RG or Rey. To each their own I guess.

You can still easily gear people out. I run the two refreshes and 5 nodes and I don't have a problem with gearing out characters. Especially if you're picking up the bonus energy everyday. Hard nodes are where all the special characters are at.
  • Options
    I know how the hard nodes work and all that thank you. Wasting all that energy on trying to farm characters on hard nodes while trying to farm the items I need 50 of doesn't pan out to...easy.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    I'm actually usually pretty patient and have no problem farming things slowly. I've now farmed 187 Rey shards and she's not even activated yet.
    My mistake was deciding to farm Anakin for the Yoda event rather than someone easier, which put time restrictions on how fast it had to happen. This magnifies the annoyance when I have bad luck.
    Will not make that mistake again. (Well, I say that now. See my sig line. :) )
  • Options
    His drop rate is brutal. Each time I start farming him I stop because it is just not worth it. I have him unlocked from the pack I bought I'll have to be content. his drop rate makes Rey and RG drop rates look like gold,lol.
  • Options
    His drop rate is brutal. Each time I start farming him I stop because it is just not worth it. I have him unlocked from the pack I bought I'll have to be content. his drop rate makes Rey and RG drop rates look like gold,lol.

I don't mean to burst your bubble but I think all hard shards have a drop rate of about 1/3.
  • Options
    It is crazy you decided to farm Anakin for the event. That's a fairly long grind for an event like this where Eeth will do fine.
  • Options
    I have terrible luck farming anakin shards.

Drop rate for rey shards is like double of his for me so far.

Meh
  • Options
    It is crazy you decided to farm Anakin for the event. That's a fairly long grind for an event like this where Eeth will do fine.

Don't care about yoda and would rather save my tokens. Ventress or savage could be important for future events.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options

I did it because I saw more potential in Anakin long-term than Eeth. I knew it would be tough.
    Getting him to 6* was tougher: 150 shards in 1 month. I assumed 100 in 1 month would be signficantly easier given an average drop rate should mean 3 per day. We'll see.. :)
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    @Qeltar

So... before the Dooku Cantina node....

It took me 3 months to get him from 4 to 5 stars. I kept getting 1 shard a day or nothing. Me and RNG don't usually mix well
  • Shanks
    131 posts Member
    Options
    I am in a similar position but my anakin is only 5* with 40/85 getting 2 or less shards daily.Since i wont be able to get him to 7* before next event, I'm planning on going with ashoka. I need 9 shards of her everyday to make it time.
  • Options
    I feel you, I have been farming Hoth Rebel Soldier for months, (just because).. He makes Rey/Ani look easy.

One hard node is brutal. :/
  • Options
    I am also a sucker that decided to grind anakin for yoda.... still going...
    (1/15 over last 2 days and refusing to appear in shipments...

I only have 3 locations, you actually crystal-refresh yours?

• Fantazy
    553 posts Member
    Options
    ewoks are sad to farm because their 1 node has useless gear just to rub it in... At least Anakin's nodes have purples :3
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Toukai wrote: »
    @Qeltar

So... before the Dooku Cantina node....

It took me 3 months to get him from 4 to 5 stars. I kept getting 1 shard a day or nothing. Me and RNG don't usually mix well

I farmed him on his hard nodes also for months. :)
  • Options
    Shanks wrote: »
    ashoka
    If I would get a shard every time ahsoka's name is typed wrong I would have her at 7* already!

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    I've been farming one of Ahsoka's nodes for a while because it fits my synergy criteria (drops an important purple piece). Now I will do both and possibly use some of my Cantina stockpile on her also... though I do already have a LOT of Jedi.
  • Shanks
    131 posts Member
    Options
    Nightlores wrote: »
    ashoka
    If I would get a shard every time ahsoka's name is typed wrong I would have her at 7* already!
    ah never noticed it till now. Ashoka is an indian name so im pretty used to it.
  • Options
    ashoka

+1. I have zero idea as well why people call her snips.

• Options
    ashoka

+1. I have zero idea as well why people call her snips.

It's from The Clone Wars animated movie. Anakin calls her snippy referring to her attitude. The nickname Snips comes from that and is what she's called by him throughout TCW series.
  • Options

I know exactly how you feel. I am able to collect the extra energy all 3 times a day and use them all on the anakin hard mode nodes first. I don't know why but I have a feeling he is a beast. Mine is almost 5* and even if it takes me 6 months his nodes is where I spend any extra energy at.