Favorite animation

Prev1
Tbirds01
1235 posts Member
Hey y’all,
Thought I’d start up a fun thread here and ask what everyone's favorite animation in the game is. If you have multiples, go ahead and list them!
My two favorites are, in order from first to last,
Sith Marauder's special ability. I absolutely love his saber throw, coolest thing in the game.
Grievous’s Second special ability, love the way he crawls on the ground and then slams his sabers into the enemy.
Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/

Replies

• Options
    General grievous crawl, Jango Fett flamethrower attack, Nute Gunrays extortion.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    Sith marauder saber throw animation.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    The other squad whiffing multiple times in a row.

Anything Thrawn does.

Nothing 3p0 does.
  • JRuibal
    25 posts Member
    Options
    Even though I’m sick of seeing it I think that Darth Revan’s basic is extremely cool looking. Also Thrawns posture and animations are very descriptive of his character.

I also remember when I unlocked Vader 3 years ago being blown away by the force crush and saber throw animations. And maybe I was looking too hard into it but OG kylo second special has the same animation as Vader’s basic, as a symbol of his adoration towards him. Also lash out was very impressive when it came out
  • UdalCuain
    5025 posts Member
    Options
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    Options
    i really like jangos flamethrower - even i dont have him :D

• Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Options
    Greedo idle.
    Looks really bad***.
  • Options
    •Sion's "Held By Hatred" animation is top notch cause that's exactly what he does in the game when you fight him.
    •Sidious' "Demoralizing Blows" is a throw back to his duel with Maul and Savage.
    •Dookus' "Master of Makashi" embodies his character.
    •Revan's "Direct Focus" has that samurai feel the way he holds his saber above his head and extends his hand.
    •Nihilus' "Drain Force" and "Annihilate" also encapsulate the character perfectly.
    •Visas Marr's "Telekinetic Blast" cause it looks like she's blowing a kiss and the turnaround with her "Piercing Strike".

There's a lot of good animations in this game that they really help sell the "feel" of Star Wars. The animators definitely put a lot of soul and love into their art.

m9b1q5ew6gj1.jpg
    Started July 2016, completely FTP : https://swgoh.gg/u/rogenhamen/
  • Karlito
    58 posts Member
    Options
    I like ashoka special (death from above !) and unmasked Kylo Ren heal (sbbbaaaaammmm)
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    Options
    These are all very cool animations! Keep them coming.😊
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Options
    Wampas break the ice is pretty cool. Mother Talzin's animation where she inflicts plague. Bossk's net shooting is cool, and as already said above, Mission shooting the thermal detonator after throwing it is great.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    I've always liked Nihilus's basic. Smooth, fluid, and deadly.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Cody's special, always reminds me of this:
    [Removed gif containing swearing ~Rtas]
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • Options
    There are so many!

Nihilus Annihilate
    Grievous Skittering Horror
    Dooku Master of Makashi
    GMY Masterstroke
    DR Lacerate
    Carth Just Keep Shooting
    Sion Held By Hatred
    Droideka Reconstructive Revolution
    Padme Graceful Assault
    Nest Kinetic Charge
    CLS Call to Action

There are some others, but these are my most favs
  • Options
    I'm going for the coolness of how thrawn casually steps forward and blasts opponents into orbit then slips his gun away without breaking sweat like it's nothing. 😎

Best ever was when he did it to rose!
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    Options
    Tarkin AoE cause it reminds me of this and makes me put game to 1x just to see the numbers:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IXTJlH7g0tw
  • Options
    I love the animation for Sideous' "Demoralizing Blows" special, it's from the coolest fight in the Clone Wars cartoon.
  • Options
    Some of my favorites are dooku's master of makashi, and JKR's master strategist (his cool lightsaber throw), all 3 of nihilus's abilities and sion's held by hatred.
  • Options
    1. GM Yoda's basic Ataru animation is sick!, battle meditation as well
    2. DR's basic
    3. Dooku's master of Makashi
    4. Anakin's skill ( the new animation is so satisfying blowing away your opponents)
    5. GK's mass assist skill
    6. Thrawn's fracture!!!
    7. Qira's skill that she uses a Thrawn like movement
    8. JKR's 2nd skill where he AOE saberthrow
    9. Vader's culling blade
    10. Sidious' demoralizing blow, very bad ****!
    11. Fulcrum's meditation and whirlwind
  • DaPowerfulJedi
    3185 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Favorite character animation? That’s tough. I like Wicket’s Guerilla Strike, Talzin’s Dark Magick, Traya’s Saber Storm, Nihilus’s Annihilate, Embo’s Kyuzo War Helmet, Palpatine’s Power of the Dark Side, Wampa’s Womp!, and Sidious’ Demoralizing Blows.

Favorite map background animation is hands down Coruscant for fleet battles.
    Post edited by DaPowerfulJedi on
  • Options
    Dooku’s new saber salute.

Coruscant’s surface now rolls with slower moving clouds to give a neat orbital fight.

Hoth background animations, though the snow speeders sound like Bespin Cloud Cars.
  • Options
    Embo's Kyuzo War Helmet and whatever ability he unlocks once his contract triggers.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Options
    The shock storm from Darth revan (don't know the English name) and grievous' specials. Also rex and his motivational cleanse
  • Options
    R2’s oil Fire is still one of my favs. Love the new Grievous crawl, too.
    Ooba hutar.
  • Options
    Jolee ofc. B)
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • Options
    All of BSF abiliteis are so cool along with all of darth Trayas.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Jolee's Eh You Do it dismissive "shoo" move.

ig9ns01nati5.gif

Embo's hat Throw and his basic where he 1-hands the Bowcaster

Dooku's new salute

Sid's AOE.

• Costino1
    67 posts Member
    Options
    I like OG chewie's special....the one where he slings his crossbow over his shoulder and beats someone. They upped their game on animations that's for sure.

DR's attack where he hits the ground with his saber....
  • Options

Favorite map background animation is hands down Coruscant for fleet battles.

Yes, this, you beat me to it.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options
    I have a few.

Jolee: Eh, You Do It.
    As someone said already, it's pretty fitting to his character how he's just like "meh, you got it kid".

Zaalbar: Power Blast
    Looks cool how he sticks Bacca's Blade into the ground to whip out the bowcaster for an explosive blast.

Dooku: Master of Makashi
    One of his signature poses from the movies and tv show. They nailed the animation.

B1: Blast Them!
    Captures the feel that you're fighting an army of them without just copying how NS Zombie is.

Visas: Piercing Strike
    The behind the back stab is very unique. Too bad she's not really useful of a character.

JKA: Overpowering Assault
    The new animation does a great job of capturing a raging Anakin.

As you notice these are all newer animations. They make the older ones look boring in comparison, IMO.