Hounds tooth

Prev1
Can we please remove dispel debuffs on basic from HT?

It’s bad enough it stacks protection on hit and gains a boatload of turn meter whenever another ship is hit.

Self-cleanse is ridiculous

Replies

• Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Hound's Tooth has been around for ages now. If you still haven't figured out how to beat it:

tenor.gif?itemid=8126281
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Javick_Starage
    502 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Hound's Tooth has been around for ages now. If you still haven't figured out how to beat it:

tenor.gif?itemid=8126281

I’m not saying I can’t beat, rather that it’s ridiculously OP.

Buff immunity is the key to killing it but you have to apply it when is has low turn meter or it just cleanses it straight off.

Given how difficult it is to apply buff immunity because of its bonus tenacity, it’s stupid that it clears debuffs off Every turn.

Also it’s been around “for ages” and Is still by far the best ship in the game. How is that not a problem.
  • Options
    Nah OP is right
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    If you have the Falcon, it's not a problem.

If you can beat it, it's not a problem.

Dunno if you have the Falcon but you can beat it, therefore it's not a problem.

If you aren't beating it enough, get the Falcon.

Problem solved.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Scorchy
    69 posts Member
    Options
    Before falcon I used tie silencer to stun him first turn always and then focus squishies with vader.
  • Options
    The Falcon is clearly the most OP ship in the game.

But I agree the Hound's Tooth sucks
  • Mhmacleod
    194 posts Member
    Options
    I found that in various situations Kylo's shuttle works well against it too: clearing his buffs and burning away some of its TM and then cycling fast enough to do it against as soon as the hound is able to taunt again...
  • Options
    The Falcon is clearly the most OP ship in the game.

But I agree the Hound's Tooth sucks

I disagree, without HT the falcon is an easy takedown.

• TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Also with HT.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    THINGS THAT KILL HOUNDS TOOTH:

- Han's Falcon (basic dispels before hitting, thereby effectively hitting through Prot Up)
    - TIE Silencer (deals absolutely preposterous damage with its special when it has Advantage)
    - First Order TIE (Strafe does enough damage to hit through Prot Up and immediately cools down if Target Locked)
    - Imperial TIE (Hits hard + Buff Immunity special)
    - Wedge reinforcement (irresistible Buff Immunity)
    - Ebon Hawk (I know, it's new, but multiple dispels + Buff Immunity)
    - Gauntlet Starfighter (Buff Immunity special)
    - Poe Dameron (Perfect Shot special deals ludicrous damage. Preferably off the bench for Dramatic Entrance buff but not 100% necessary)

When there are eight possible counters to a unit, it's fine. And that was just off the top of my head, there's probably one or two other things that work.

Yes, you may need to wait for the right moment to apply Buff Immunity to ensure it doesn't cleanse. Or you could use somebody else that can stun it. That's strategy.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jubai
    112 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Before I had falcon I used tie fighter to apply buff block on him and then any ship can beat him. Very easy stat that worked everytime.
    If you can, just use the bugs and aim for the Falcon.
    I'm assuming you dont have Falcon as you wouldnt be posting this if you did
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    I wanted to say currently HT is in EVERYones fleet no matter what...

Except once i maxxed bistan i dont even have maxxed HT as a reinforce anymore.....

Thats one setup tho HT will ALWAYS be in the majority of fleets no matter what meta is.....Until a godlier tank comes along makes HT suck enough not to use..... THAT ship scares the heck outta me
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Geos under Thrawn offense up defense down (two chances to apply, first Thrawn then Spy) mass attack boom.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Geos under Thrawn offense up defense down (two chances to apply, first Thrawn then Spy) mass attack boom.

Was always easiest way to do it....before falcon imo.

HT is the ONLY thing keeping ppl from just running the 3 fastest ships in game and stArting 3-1 or 3-2.... that would be just as boring as what we have now.

Thats what makes it a ship that will be around forever till pretaunter is released
  • Nasdadjr
    66 posts Member
    Options
    Here is another complainer. I can't win cry cry cry. Dude lots of people have over a 90% win rate vs HT both pre and post falcon. Learn to play
  • Options
    Can we remove inflicting dot on allies ships when using SF tie fighter
  • Options
    Nasdadjr wrote: »
    Here is another complainer. I can't win cry cry cry. Dude lots of people have over a 90% win rate vs HT both pre and post falcon. Learn to play

Yes, I’m the child in this scenario. 🤦🏻‍♂️

If you have nothing useful to add, why bother?
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options

enough with the git gud crap dude we get it your skilled....

Oh while at it got a source for that 90%, describe your shard level, age, average power

you know data that will help him get gud....... instead of mocking
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options

Dave and Nasdad are prob same poster.... two quick troll posts in succession.... pretty sad using mulit accounts to troll ships...
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options

To be fair, it would be far more useful to work on your ships and/or strategy than to ask for a nerf that isn't going to happen...
  • Rmaxtpmx
    294 posts Member
    Options

To be fair, it would be far more useful to work on your ships and/or strategy than to ask for a nerf that isn't going to happen...

This. 100%
  • Rmaxtpmx
    294 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    There is a whole discord channel dedicated to fleet. Ask for help with strategy and fleet-building instead of crying for things to be easier. If a thing can be beaten, it's not overpowered. Overcoming the challenge is whole point of playing games, isn't it?
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    KRCS + Silencer is my jam for removing HT. A few turns in, with TL being reapplied to HT by Vader every time it takes a turn, Silencers damage will be ramped up to ridiculous levels. Offense up from Tarkin + Advantage from itself or KRCS, and I think the most I've seen up until now is 215,000.
  • Options
    As someone who uses h.t I'm around 90th in my fleet shard, it's good on D but as offence I dunno, kinda meh imho
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Docshady77 wrote: »
    As someone who uses h.t I'm around 90th in my fleet shard, it's good on D but as offence I dunno, kinda meh imho

It's great on offense, just like many tanks in squad. Shrug.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    Docshady77 wrote: »
    That lack of understanding explains your fleet rank.
  • Options
    Rmaxtpmx wrote: »
    There is a whole discord channel dedicated to fleet. Ask for help with strategy and fleet-building instead of crying for things to be easier. If a thing can be beaten, it's not overpowered. Overcoming the challenge is whole point of playing games, isn't it?

Yup a ship that has taunt, regain taunt on dispel, stacking protection on hit, tm gain, cleanse on basic is in no way OP.
  • Nodamo
    7 posts Member
    Options
    If you have the Falcon, it's not a problem.

If you can beat it, it's not a problem.

Dunno if you have the Falcon but you can beat it, therefore it's not a problem.

If you aren't beating it enough, get the Falcon.

Problem solved.

Completely agree.
  • Options
    everyone's HT but mine seems impervious to damage 😤