Replies

• Options
    Liath wrote: »
    Cawpikolo wrote: »
    LukeDukem8 wrote: »
    Because new things are being added for GA Championships and the Geo TB that they don't want people to be able to get from just grinding out Galactic War, Cantina Battles, etc. I never understood the complaint about "too many" currencies....I mean is it really that freaking hard to deal with? People will gripe about anything that costs them a few seconds of time. The other option is having the rewards for GA Championships and Geo TB be more tied into a reward drop....no thanks, gear drops are pretty bad in this game. I'd much rather have currency so I can buy what I want or need as opposed to having to rely on drops.

The issue is more about sustainability. They are clearly introducing new currencies as nothing more than gates to the new content? My issues is we will eventually have 25 different currencies to deal with in the long term, if the game even lasts that long. Its a poor way to introduce a new wall/gate.

Personally I would rather have 25 different currencies, each with limited choices, with which I can focus on different things, than to have one currency with which I have to choose between 75 different things, all of which I need. Otherwise I will wind up getting nothing because I can't decide.

I don't see what's unsustainable about it, it's not like you need room in your pocket to hold them.

Well why don't they just make another store like the mod store which accepts crystals and credits. It uses existing currencies but puts it in another tab in the store. When you go to the supermarket is it sensible to make one aisle payable to USD while another aisle can only be bought with euros?

How does making another store that uses the same currencies solve anything? That just means I have to look in more places to try to decide what to spend the currency on. It doesn't help me decide what to spend it on.
    Because new things are being added for GA Championships and the Geo TB that they don't want people to be able to get from just grinding out Galactic War, Cantina Battles, etc. I never understood the complaint about "too many" currencies....I mean is it really that freaking hard to deal with? People will gripe about anything that costs them a few seconds of time. The other option is having the rewards for GA Championships and Geo TB be more tied into a reward drop....no thanks, gear drops are pretty bad in this game. I'd much rather have currency so I can buy what I want or need as opposed to having to rely on drops.

The issue is more about sustainability. They are clearly introducing new currencies as nothing more than gates to the new content? My issues is we will eventually have 25 different currencies to deal with in the long term, if the game even lasts that long. Its a poor way to introduce a new wall/gate.

Personally I would rather have 25 different currencies, each with limited choices, with which I can focus on different things, than to have one currency with which I have to choose between 75 different things, all of which I need. Otherwise I will wind up getting nothing because I can't decide.

I don't see what's unsustainable about it, it's not like you need room in your pocket to hold them.

We already have too many stores imo. i have to scroll through so many diffrenet stores, than scroll down to find the item i am looking for is tedious and not fun, hence my unsustainable part. I want to play content, not shop. I am not sure why you cant make up your mind on what to buy, but 25 different currencies doesnt solve that.

Personally, I dont want CG dictating what i should spend my currency on. I should be free to spend it on whatever i want, otherwise its just another gate, which also isnt fun.

Having more currencies absolutely helps solve that. For example, there is no longer a choice in GW. There is nothing to spend the currency on except shard shop shards. Therefore I have a choice made for me and don't have to think about it. I get enough guild store currency to buy the gear I need most at the time without worrying about running out. Therefore I can buy the cuffs/carbantis/whatever is blocking me at the time and not have to think about it. If instead I had to decide between the carbantis I need to get somebody to g11 vs. the new stuff I need for somebody else to get to g13, then that's a tough choice. Some people, like you, don't prefer this. You are entitled to your opinion. I am just expressing mine because it differs from yours and demonstrates that just because a bunch of vocal people say they want one thing, that doesn't make it a universal preference.

As for the last sentence, there is no "should" here. CG has no obligation to give you whatever you want just because you want it. The game won't actually function without gates no matter how much people think they want the gates to go away.

It solves it by making it accessible to everyone including new players which is a plus. These two new events can just give vastly more GET than the regular GA and TB. If they just separate them into to tabs in the store labeled "g13" and keep the GET tab there it solves everything without gate keeping new players and motivating people to toss money at the game to gain access. These two new currencies are taking advantage of the consumer.

I was asking how it solved anything I was talking about, since you responded to my post about what I want and like. Your suggestion does not help me, it hurts me more.

Using existing currencies most certainly does not "solve everything." It doesn't solve what I was talking about and it also doesn't solve the issues that cause CG to introduce a new currency here, which are (a) wanting new stuff to be locked behind participation in new game modes and (b) wanting everybody to start at zero on the new stuff, whereas some people have hoards of the existing currencies.

It solves it by not forcing you to participate in events you do not favor. This new update means you absolutely have to play these events to get an edge. Like I said all they have to do is put them under the same currency at a higher price to encourage farming. Even though people hoard it will eventually balance out as the new tb and championship will present more cash flow to buy better gear. If you want examples on where this works just look at Japanese mobile games.
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    Options
    VaexquaGer wrote: »
    Nute Gunray: This is getting out of hand! Now there are *eleven* of them!

B)

“Where are the droideka?!”

lol 😆
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Options
    The only thing I am a little bummed about is how long it will take me to 7 star Malak now. I'm assuming this TB will take the place of the existing ones, making that currency much more rare. The length of time to get Malak is becoming crazy.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

Well why don't they just make another store like the mod store which accepts crystals and credits. It uses existing currencies but puts it in another tab in the store. When you go to the supermarket is it sensible to make one aisle payable to USD while another aisle can only be bought with euros?

How does making another store that uses the same currencies solve anything? That just means I have to look in more places to try to decide what to spend the currency on. It doesn't help me decide what to spend it on.

We already have too many stores imo. i have to scroll through so many diffrenet stores, than scroll down to find the item i am looking for is tedious and not fun, hence my unsustainable part. I want to play content, not shop. I am not sure why you cant make up your mind on what to buy, but 25 different currencies doesnt solve that.

Personally, I dont want CG dictating what i should spend my currency on. I should be free to spend it on whatever i want, otherwise its just another gate, which also isnt fun.

Having more currencies absolutely helps solve that. For example, there is no longer a choice in GW. There is nothing to spend the currency on except shard shop shards. Therefore I have a choice made for me and don't have to think about it. I get enough guild store currency to buy the gear I need most at the time without worrying about running out. Therefore I can buy the cuffs/carbantis/whatever is blocking me at the time and not have to think about it. If instead I had to decide between the carbantis I need to get somebody to g11 vs. the new stuff I need for somebody else to get to g13, then that's a tough choice. Some people, like you, don't prefer this. You are entitled to your opinion. I am just expressing mine because it differs from yours and demonstrates that just because a bunch of vocal people say they want one thing, that doesn't make it a universal preference.

As for the last sentence, there is no "should" here. CG has no obligation to give you whatever you want just because you want it. The game won't actually function without gates no matter how much people think they want the gates to go away.

It solves it by making it accessible to everyone including new players which is a plus. These two new events can just give vastly more GET than the regular GA and TB. If they just separate them into to tabs in the store labeled "g13" and keep the GET tab there it solves everything without gate keeping new players and motivating people to toss money at the game to gain access. These two new currencies are taking advantage of the consumer.

I was asking how it solved anything I was talking about, since you responded to my post about what I want and like. Your suggestion does not help me, it hurts me more.

Using existing currencies most certainly does not "solve everything." It doesn't solve what I was talking about and it also doesn't solve the issues that cause CG to introduce a new currency here, which are (a) wanting new stuff to be locked behind participation in new game modes and (b) wanting everybody to start at zero on the new stuff, whereas some people have hoards of the existing currencies.

It solves it by not forcing you to participate in events you do not favor. This new update means you absolutely have to play these events to get an edge. Like I said all they have to do is put them under the same currency at a higher price to encourage farming. Even though people hoard it will eventually balance out as the new tb and championship will present more cash flow to buy better gear. If you want examples on where this works just look at Japanese mobile games.

Well, again, not wanting to have to participate in everything is a different issue than what I was talking about. It doesn't solve my issue and it doesn't solve CG's issues, even if it would solve the one issue you happen to care about. That issue isn't one that I care about and I highly doubt that CG would see not forcing people to participate in new content to be a good thing. They want to incentivize people to participate in the new stuff and buy new characters/whatever to do better at it. That's the whole point. Whether it will eventually balance out isn't the point if some people would get a significant advantage *right now.* People pay a lot of money in this game to get an advantage *right now.* And those people will be mad if the f2p hoarders jump ahead of them (see, e.g., Malak). I have played (the global version of) a Japanese gacha game. There are aspects of that model that do not translate to this game, because there you cannot ever guarantee that you get the thing you are after, you can only buy yourself more chances at it.
  • TVF
    36804 posts Member
    Options
    The only thing I am a little bummed about is how long it will take me to 7 star Malak now. I'm assuming this TB will take the place of the existing ones, making that currency much more rare. The length of time to get Malak is becoming crazy.

No one knows the cadence yet. They've been talking about how the current TB are starting to be on farm for guilds (certainly the early ones), so it's possible they will run a TB each week, alternating between old and new.

I also seem to remember them stating somewhere that both old and new GEC would be available from the new TB, or something like that.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/205506/new-grand-arena-and-territory-battle-currencies#latest

Don't know how to quote that properly, but it says."Guild Event Tokens will be earned from the Geonosian Territory Battle in addition to the new Mk II Guild Event Tokens."

hopefully we get GET at a similar rate we are know. If we do earn less, shouldn't be too big a loss if we are getting it from both Hoth and Geo
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I’m happy about the new currency. Now I know my GETs go to Malak and hard gear. Instead of much needed new gear and/or characters.
    And yes! We still make GETs in the Geo TB. That is a relief. (Now, how many?) :)
  • Options

Well, again, not wanting to have to participate in everything is a different issue than what I was talking about. It doesn't solve my issue and it doesn't solve CG's issues, even if it would solve the one issue you happen to care about. That issue isn't one that I care about and I highly doubt that CG would see not forcing people to participate in new content to be a good thing. They want to incentivize people to participate in the new stuff and buy new characters/whatever to do better at it. That's the whole point. Whether it will eventually balance out isn't the point if some people would get a significant advantage *right now.* People pay a lot of money in this game to get an advantage *right now.* And those people will be mad if the f2p hoarders jump ahead of them (see, e.g., Malak). I have played (the global version of) a Japanese gacha game. There are aspects of that model that do not translate to this game, because there you cannot ever guarantee that you get the thing you are after, you can only buy yourself more chances at it.

Okay it seems I am not putting this in a way that you understand and I'm sorry. You say you want to stop looking, stop scrolling and stop wondering what to buy. Putting a new tab in the store that uses an existing currency at higher price solves this by giving you access to both and not only that it's obvious what you want to buy, which is upgrades for your characters. You don't have to search for what to look or do tedious scrolling when two different stores that are categorized and shortened where one is g12 and the other is g13.

Giving players more freedom and access to more content rather than squeezing what they can out of what little player base is left. They may say that the community is healthy but what metrics are they using and how many of those players were already here with a large percentage trying the game and leaving. Dokkan battle grosses higher than this game currently despite dragon ball z being less recognizable than star wars. Why? Cause they give free rolls, they give roll events that guarantee you legendary rares. I play that game for free just logging in and collecting free stuff to save for events. Final fantasy opera omnia gives players access to their complete roster at the beginner level and people spend money for their weapons. That game gate keeps people from spending more by implementing a ticket system that allows people to purchase a weapon they want directly after a certain amount of multi rolls.

CG doesn't need to "incentivize" playing new content. People will do it for them if their content is good. People pay a lot of money for advantages because of the model that is built. Which is you have to pay to win. Rather than attract masses of people that actually enjoy the game.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

Okay it seems I am not putting this in a way that you understand and I'm sorry. You say you want to stop looking, stop scrolling and stop wondering what to buy. Putting a new tab in the store that uses an existing currency at higher price solves this by giving you access to both and not only that it's obvious what you want to buy, which is upgrades for your characters. You don't have to search for what to look or do tedious scrolling when two different stores that are categorized and shortened where one is g12 and the other is g13.

It seems that it is you who are misunderstanding what I want. I don't "want to stop looking, stop scrolling." I have no issue with looking or with scrolling (though separating things out into more stores that use the same currency does seem needlessly silly). What I like is to be able to buy a thing I want without feeling like in order to do so I have to give up a different thing that I also want. You say it will be obvious what I want to buy -- what are you basing this on? If they put everything I could possibly buy up for sale with one currency, I will have to make difficult decisions between lower gear bottlenecks (cuffs, guns), higher gear bottlenecks (g12 gear), the new top end gear (g12 finishers), shards for brand new characters, etc. I want all of things. So I am happier when there is one currency that buys cuffs and guns and nothing else I want (because I know to buy cuffs and guns there and don't have to decide), one currency that buys g12 gear but nothing higher (because I can get g12 gear without worrying I'm sacrificing g13), and one currency that buys g12 finishers to get to g13. No matter how many ways you try to tell me I would be happier if it was all under one currency, I guarantee you I would not be happier.

CG doesn't need to "incentivize" playing new content. People will do it for them if their content is good. People pay a lot of money for advantages because of the model that is built. Which is you have to pay to win. Rather than attract masses of people that actually enjoy the game.

Apparently they do since your argument for why this is bad is that it is "forcing you to participate in events you do not favor." If there are people that wouldn't participate in the event unless the rewards there are unique, then CG has to make the rewards unique to get those people to participate.
  • Options

It seems that it is you who are misunderstanding what I want. I don't "want to stop looking, stop scrolling." I have no issue with looking or with scrolling (though separating things out into more stores that use the same currency does seem needlessly silly). What I like is to be able to buy a thing I want without feeling like in order to do so I have to give up a different thing that I also want. You say it will be obvious what I want to buy -- what are you basing this on? If they put everything I could possibly buy up for sale with one currency, I will have to make difficult decisions between lower gear bottlenecks (cuffs, guns), higher gear bottlenecks (g12 gear), the new top end gear (g12 finishers), shards for brand new characters, etc. I want all of things. So I am happier when there is one currency that buys cuffs and guns and nothing else I want (because I know to buy cuffs and guns there and don't have to decide), one currency that buys g12 gear but nothing higher (because I can get g12 gear without worrying I'm sacrificing g13), and one currency that buys g12 finishers to get to g13. No matter how many ways you try to tell me I would be happier if it was all under one currency, I guarantee you I would not be happier.

Apparently they do since your argument for why this is bad is that it is "forcing you to participate in events you do not favor." If there are people that wouldn't participate in the event unless the rewards there are unique, then CG has to make the rewards unique to get those people to participate.

Thing is they already have different stores to make things simpler i.e. weekly shipments and mod shipments. You go to that section to get what you want for stuff that costs several million credits or a few thousand crystals you can farm. Technically if they cut it into sections and categorize it, it's not needless it actually saves you time by going directly to g12 or g13 stuff. When you have a large amount of currency you can decide which things to buy and when there are plenty of events that supply it.

And that is an assumption by saying "apparently they do" people try things and if they hate it they stop playing it. How about they fix what's wrong with it rather than force people to play a terrible game mode. This is a game people will 100 percent explore new content. CG doesn't have to make incentives for them to play it if it's actually fun. I can see there is no convincing you because I am not arguing I am telling people I do not agree with this practice in a calm manner. No insults whatsoever nor am I putting huge stars or putting bold words indicating visible frustration or calling a person's reasoning "bad" simply because I disagree. I probably won't reply anymore since this conversation seems to be unnerving you. Take care.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Options
    KueChael wrote: »
    I’m happy about the new currency. Now I know my GETs go to Malak and hard gear. Instead of much needed new gear and/or characters.
    And yes! We still make GETs in the Geo TB. That is a relief. (Now, how many?) :)
    I hope the rate is the same or similar to the battle of hoth. Otherwise that will slow down the farming of gear/characters via GET store.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    itt people are upset bc only top players/guilds will get the best rewards, sooner. It's gatekeeping to not allow people who are not as good, didn't work as hard, and didn't plan the best to not be at the top immediately. Mother Russia approves lol unreal

feel the bern
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    You are making the optimistic assumption that the MkII GET will be awarded to everyone, which might well not be the case. If this new currency rewards start at a certain number of stars, it can be out of reach for casual guilds for a long while.
    Optimistic?

Facts. Literally no store currency in the game is gated in the manner you suggest. Poke a 1* Rancor and you get guild credits, or just be in a guild at reset. Do the first cantina node and get cantina credits. Do almost anything and get regular credits, fleet credits, and ally points. Baseline crystal income from 10,000th place arena, all the dailies, and clearing GW plus the average of the calendar is over 150 a day. Do two nodes on GW and you get some GW cred. Place last in arena and get arena cred. Place last in fleet and get fleet cred. Lose in the bottom bracket of TW or get one star in TB and you get GET. Shard shop currency is arguably the highest barrier to entry, and it ain't very high.

What's more, we've seen a piece of the feats table, and you know what's on it? GET2! And looking at the feats, surely most of a remotely decent roster can manage some feats, which we can see lands GET2.

It is not optimistic to assume the currency will be reasonably accessible when literally every currency so far has been reasonably accessible.

Rather, you're being irrationally pessimistic and outright antagonistic by assuming CG is going to make the new currency highly inaccessible to non-paying players.
    For people that are buying into the **** that this game needs to gate keep to keep it running because it needs money all you have to do is look at Japanese mobile games. Dragon ball dokkan battle is number 5 grossing in the world despite giving hundreds of dollars of free stuff. Final fantasy Opera omnia will eventually make more money than this game due to the sheer volume of players that want to play because of how much free stuff they get, access to characters they love in the series and how fun the game is with new content every two weeks.
    We're also given enormous amounts of free stuff, in increasing amounts, by more and more vectors. In about a day, literally everyone is about to be given the newest character for free.
    In order to get rewards for playing the game, you have to play the game.

This is not unreasonable.
    New mode explicitly gives both GET and GET 2.
    Still not a he.
  • kalidor
    2125 posts Member
    Options
    If adding a new currency and store means that gear that is currently limited in availability becomes more accessible, then they can add as many as they want. More places to get guns, the g11+ gear, g12/+/++ gear, and the new purple gear means it becomes more attainable when you need it. I'll be curious to see what gear and units these stores have.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • vice
    90 posts Member
    Options
    why can't there be like 3 currencies with a copper, silver, gold system? lower tier stuff can cost xx copper and mid tier xx silver etc.

low tier stuff can reward in copper whereas mid to high can reward silver or gold

you'll be able to slowly accumulate 100 or 1,000 copper to get one silver so that low progression guilds can somehow eventually get the mid to high tier stuff by being very frugal.

i guess it's too late to implement something like this now without a complete overhaul. having multiple currencies is something that happens when you are very short sighted.

but then again these guys have a five year plan so what would i know...