2Next

Replies

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    @BaldingHead90

These 2 are the clear dev statements that are given over and over again:
    - Drop rates across the game are flat.
    - Drop rates haven't been tinkered with on any occasion. If they were to decide changing some of it, they'll tell us.
    - No drop rates have ever been shared besides the monies pack probabilities that are now law enforced.

We deduce the drop rates by collecting samples. Everyone's samples converge to similar values after a good amount of samples.

You're welcome to provide evidence if you believe the first 2 dev statements(that have been expressed in various forms during the life time of the game over and over) have anything dishonest in them.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Here's some disclosed pack droprates. When you see these numbers you no longer assume that you'll be that one person that wins the lottery of getting full shards for the toon, yea? The reasonable expectation is to get something along 5-15 interval. Anything else you get is an exception. That territory has a combines rate of %0.35, approx 1/300 chance.

9ku9up0lc01f.png
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    JDIII wrote: »
    Guess nobody lies when it comes to getting cash. Trump would never lie to get money oO

When they lie, you can prove it. So that's the only thing you need to do, prove it. Simple, eh?
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    Options
    Remind me again why you don’t just buy them in the fleet shop? Unless your still farming ships from the store, in which case prioritise whether you want zetas or ships.. then just buy zetas, or in my case omegas and purple mats as zetas are piling up...
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Players are trying to prove things, that’s for sure. I mean check out the patent search that’s been going on. Some shady stuff is found (if that’s true, i didn’t see any proof of anything, only heard certain things were found)

There's an EA patent that came out where you can read through everything involved in it. This ear to ear thing you're driving at is telling of your own integrity but not CGs. Since this got talked about a lot, Carrie specifically mentioned it and said it's not used on Swgoh whatsoever.

When we add up her following statement there and on the one on Ahnald's video quote, it's obvious she wants pseudo-rng in this game that benefits the player and ails the perceptional rage on droprates that's rather common in the community. Pseudo-rng used in this way is the exact opposite of that patent, it elevates drop rates if you have a pattern of too low droprates across some samples (say 20 and such). It's like a warranty. But it doesn't mean that kind of implementation would cause shard drop rates to go from %33 to %33+ either. In order to compensate from the change they may as well pull the bare droprates a bit back...or not. Hard to know until it's done and it's fully in their reservation.

Anyway, it that EA patent that works against players is really in use on Swgoh...one can prove it. Since it's harder to get samples only when you are close to finish something, it's a much harder study. Still very doable. If one puts their effort in that way, that's very much appreciated, then we can either dismiss or prove the claim.

This kind of preemptive, assumptive logic many spreads around is pure junk though. It neither proves anything or useful in any manner or sorts. It's the eons old hearsay and paranoia. We need to be better than this.
  • Options
    Since the double drop event is not over yet, I can say that I haven't got much out of it, to be honest, I managed to get Bastilla Shan (Fallen) to 6* and that's pretty much it. Rigged or not, my luck didn't shine this month, like any other months, but hey, it is what it is. However, given my situation, if Grand Arena was this month, I would have placed the last spot with these terrible double drops. In the end, they said that the double drops are a recompensation for the lack of GAs this month if I read correctly.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Drop rates aren’t flat across this game and it already has been proved: Omegas in cantina. And if that is able to be different than other parts of the game, why isn’t double drops able to get changed to be on par with omega drop rates? I’m not saying that double drop rates are rigged, but i’m definitely not gonna go by a company’s word, that’s for sure

That's not what I mean by flat. I meant they are not alternating upwards or downwards in any way, a single thing always has the same drop rate. The omegas on cantina always has the same drop rate and it would take 10ks of samples to close in on that drop rate since the rate is miniscule, prolly %0.5-%1.

Go with anything you want.

If you look at the samples numerous people collects over time, they show you the picture on various things...like when a speed sec gets sliced it doesn't bump at the same rate between +3,+4,+5 and +6 and also that any of the 4 already revealed stats gets sliced at the same rate, there's no avoidance on behalf of the game not to hit (already revealed) speed.

It's all and always buried in the data. This is not real world, it's a computational world built with engineers, it acts as it's designed to act.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    miguelfoo wrote: »
    8jk1u5w9qm8g.jpeg
    sk3qteysonvt.jpeg

0 Omegas / 0 zetas.... Good job CG, good job...

Please report results of the next two zeta Mat challenges too
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    I've been sitting at 18/20 for 3 weeks

My friend, if you honestly believe that there's a mechanisme ingame that causes you to have worse drops whenever you're close to completing (in this case) a zeta, why on earth are you sitting on 18/20 for 3(!) weeks when you can just buy those 2 zeta mats in the fleet store?
    So either you're lying about sitting at 18/20 for 3 weeks, or you're not that bothered by the (percieved) lower droprate (due to a patent of which the devs stated that it isn't being used in this game) since you don't mind sitting at 18/20 completely unnessary for atleast 2 weeks.

Good point, so now I'm at 119 Zetas should I buy one more before I do the challenges next time?
    Only if you believe you get a worse droprate when you're close to completing a zeta ofcourse. Why else would you do that?
    Idk if I believe all that, I'm sure the patent has been tested in the game but I don't believe it's actually in effect currently. Personally I believe that luck and randomness should be removed altogether from the game to avoid bad luck streaks happening at a bad time. It feels bad having a bad streak with no events in the horizon but when an event is right around the corner and you get a bad streak the frustration can get pretty high and it cause these reactions and rightfully so.

I'm reasonably sure people enjoy games with "chance" / randomness / RNG. Wildly popular games in a variety of genres use chance to increase player enjoyment. To name a few: Yahtzee, Shutes and ladders, Monopoly, Poker, Dungeons and dragons. There's no money making angle for those games either (aside from selling more games if people enjoy playing them).
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I think it ‘s rigged.
    I was farming a toon in guild event store for a while (imperial commando). Usually he was showing up quite often and i was getting 5 shards of him often

But when i reached around 70/100 shards he suddenly stopped showing up in the store for days, weeks... I had to finish him today with the cantina battle because i was so annoyed to see him stay so close to 7* for so long.

Definitively this is evidence of something suspicious.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    What a joke this the top one is not even min drop is it without double drops

Thanks team YOUR AWESOmE lol muh GAC rubspects uf9o2w2v5ftzu.jpeg
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    I simply love double drop days. Watching the hate and disinformation flow tickles my dark side.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    I think it ‘s rigged.
    I was farming a toon in guild event store for a while (imperial commando). Usually he was showing up quite often and i was getting 5 shards of him often

But when i reached around 70/100 shards he suddenly stopped showing up in the store for days, weeks... I had to finish him today with the cantina battle because i was so annoyed to see him stay so close to 7* for so long.

Definitively this is evidence of something suspicious.

Definite, evidence and suspicious. I think the order goes like this: Suspicious, evidence, definite.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Drop rates aren’t flat across this game and it already has been proved: Omegas in cantina. And if that is able to be different than other parts of the game, why isn’t double drops able to get changed to be on par with omega drop rates? I’m not saying that double drop rates are rigged, but i’m definitely not gonna go by a company’s word, that’s for sure

Omegas in cantina are proof of what exactly? It's a super low droprate for sure, but i've yet to see proof (or a somewhat reasonable argument to believe) it's not flat.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    BaldingHead90

These 2 are the clear dev statements that are given over and over again:
    - Drop rates across the game are flat.
    - Drop rates haven't been tinkered with on any occasion. If they were to decide changing some of it, they'll tell us.
    - No drop rates have ever been shared besides the monies pack probabilities that are now law enforced.

We deduce the drop rates by collecting samples. Everyone's samples converge to similar values after a good amount of samples.

You're welcome to provide evidence if you believe the first 2 dev statements(that have been expressed in various forms during the life time of the game over and over) have anything dishonest in them.

This.

Anyone who is wanting to disprove what is stated. Please feel free to post data to support it. A days worth of challenges proves nothing.
This discussion has been closed.