Zeta defacit in upcoming GA tournaments

2Next

Replies

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Gcdevil wrote: »
    You focused down on ships and have a zeta defcit?? This seems backwards as hell

Not to nit-pick, but you forgot the "a" in defacit.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    "Paid for better mods."

Hmmm.

One can definitely pay for better mods

Really? Because I can buy 100 mods and may not get 1 that rolls the way I want. Obviously the more you buy the better your odds off getting good rolls on good stats but you cant just buy a good mod
  • IC3M4N
    267 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »
    A. I could have played this better
    B. They paid for Malak and paid for better mods

B is way more likely and if you can't see it you're in denial

C. They are the 882.

lol, the 882 is the new August joke
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    IC3M4N wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »

C. They are the 882.

lol, the 882 is the new August joke

Well I meant it as a fact, not a joke. ;)
  • IC3M4N
    267 posts Member
    Options
    it’s funny because it’s true
  • Fanatic
    415 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options

If only there was a way to beat the DR/Malak meta... and that it also worked in GA.

86xv359uwngb.png

• Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Qubit wrote: »
    Actually I did pretty well and had alot of fun in GA despite the lack of zetas. Like I said, "it was a challenge to test my skills", and I did pretty good and am proud of my wins and learned from my losses. @Ultra and @TVF, I really hope to see you on my way to the top. It'll be my pleasure to decimate you both to a point your both in tears.
    I've never had the privilege of learning from a loss

509.jpg

Off topic but what is the source for that image?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Kokie wrote: »
    "Paid for better mods."

Hmmm.

Really? Because I can buy 100 mods and may not get 1 that rolls the way I want. Obviously the more you buy the better your odds off getting good rolls on good stats but you cant just buy a good mod

That wouldn't matter though. It's a statistical game after all where the god mod is not all there is to it. This is made extremely evident if you compare top players in swgoh.gg with any player you know. They bought those mods.
  • TVF
    36651 posts Member
    Options
    "Paid for better mods."

Hmmm.

It’s an odds game, so yes you can certainly get better mods with money.

It’s really not even debatable.

Of course it is. You are buying better odds, not better mods.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36651 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    "Paid for better mods."

Hmmm.

That wouldn't matter though. It's a statistical game after all where the god mod is not all there is to it. This is made extremely evident if you compare top players in swgoh.gg with any player you know. They bought those mods.

Define top players.

I'm first in arena every day. I can make either my DR or my BSF the fastest on the shard, while also making the other faster than 99% of the shard. And also have Malak top 10 speed. Do I qualify?

I've spent zero money on mods.
  • Ultra
    11541 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Qubit wrote: »
    Actually I did pretty well and had alot of fun in GA despite the lack of zetas. Like I said, "it was a challenge to test my skills", and I did pretty good and am proud of my wins and learned from my losses. @Ultra and @TVF, I really hope to see you on my way to the top. It'll be my pleasure to decimate you both to a point your both in tears.
    I've never had the privilege of learning from a loss

509.jpg

Off topic but what is the source for that image?
    https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/458/349/509.jpg
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    "Paid for better mods."

Hmmm.

Define top players.

I'm first in arena every day. I can make either my DR or my BSF the fastest on the shard, while also making the other faster than 99% of the shard. And also have Malak top 10 speed. Do I qualify?

I already defined it. You just have to browse the tab and use a bot to compare yourself or anyone you want with those players. And I already said mod game is not about god mods game which is still a statistical game but prone to lucky events due to low probability of getting such mods. You see the full span of a mod set where it's wider (+10 and +15 amounts)
  • TVF
    36651 posts Member
    Options
    I'm pretty confident that the original comment was about the best mods, not the amount of mid-range mods. Those can be bought with time or money, sure, because the odds of getting a +10 is way higher than a +25.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    I'm pretty confident that the original comment was about the best mods, not the amount of mid-range mods. Those can be bought with time or money, sure, because the odds of getting a +10 is way higher than a +25.

Hmm so? Compare the amount of 20+ or 25+ then. The width below trickles up to there as well. They simply have went through much more mods than you to reach that state and it reflects.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Right side of the pic. Try getting those 20+s with luck or whatever means without spending.

sc8bqbu759hx.png
  • TVF
    36651 posts Member
    Options

Hmm so? Compare the amount of 20+ or 25+ then. The width below trickles up to there as well. They simply have went through much more mods than you to reach that state and it reflects.

The only way this is comparable is if we've played the same length of time, but two players playing the same amount of time and spending the exact same amount of money can have widely varying amounts of +20 or +25. Heck, they could have farmed and store-bought the exact same number of mods and slicing and sliced exactly the same amount and have wildly different numbers.
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Ftkh1nH.png

I got 2nd in three of the GAs I participated in. Two I definitely messed up on my own. The third was a matchmaking issue, though looking back, it was likely a mod cheat.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    "Paid for better mods."

Hmmm.

Define top players.

I already defined it. You just have to browse the tab and use a bot to compare yourself or anyone you want with those players. And I already said mod game is not about god mods game which is still a statistical game but prone to lucky events due to low probability of getting such mods. You see the full span of a mod set where it's wider (+10 and +15 amounts)

https://swgoh.gg/p/289479215/

#49 on the list. I looked for someone with a similar GP to me. I haven't paid for a single mod. Why are mine so much better then?

TVF Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor#8579's GA Matchup
    ========== Matchup ==========
    TVF vs Dave32
    ========== Overview ==========
    GP :: 3.8M vs 3.8M
    Toon GP :: 2.3M vs 2.4M
    Ship GP :: 1.5M vs 1.4M
    Squad rank :: 25 vs 73
    Fleet rank :: 18 vs 112
    Zetas :: 48 vs 55
    G11 :: 34 vs 50
    G12 :: 44 vs 45
    G12+1 :: 9 vs 11
    G12+2 :: 5 vs 10
    G12+3 :: 10 vs 11
    G12+4 :: 4 vs 4
    G12+5 :: 6 vs 5
    6 dot Mods :: 39 vs 46
    Speed+10 :: 295 vs 127
    Speed+15 :: 89 vs 36
    Speed+20 :: 22 vs 12
    Speed+25 :: 3 vs 1
    Off+100 :: 21 vs 24

I'll consider that as a joke you're well known for. No idea what list you're looking at. That's clearly not a top player at that GP, maybe you sliced the list in a random way just to make a point. What I mean will become extremely evident as we progress through GAC and higher leagues will be all about mods since everyone has the same teams. I'll leave it to you to guess who will be the ones to have those mods by a large percent.
  • TVF
    36651 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Deleted - spam filter post captured above.
  • TVF
    36651 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    "Paid for better mods."

Hmmm.

Define top players.

#49 on the list. I looked for someone with a similar GP to me. I haven't paid for a single mod. Why are mine so much better then?

TVF vs Dave32

I'll consider that as a joke you're well known for. No idea what list you're looking at. That's clearly not a top player at that GP, maybe you sliced the list in a random way just to make a point. What I mean will become extremely evident as we progress through GAC and higher leagues will be all about mods since everyone has the same teams. I'll leave it to you to guess who will be the ones to have those mods by a large percent.

When you click on "top players" it defaults to "top characters" for some reason.

https://swgoh.gg/stats/top-characters/speed/

I looked at #49 on that list.

Your top players list is based on GP. GP can reflect time as well as money. Are you seriously trying to argue that the best players are judged on GP alone? Because that's what that list is.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

The only way this is comparable is if we've played the same length of time, but two players playing the same amount of time and spending the exact same amount of money can have widely varying amounts of +20 or +25. Heck, they could have farmed and store-bought the exact same number of mods and slicing and sliced exactly the same amount and have wildly different numbers.

There's simply no means I can find out players that are also high edge spenders that played the same time as you. I know mine though, the kraken of my arena supercedes everyone else so vastly that many has to hit it multiple times when he puts on experimental teams that would be gone if someelse made it and we just huffed and puffed. You are really making a bad case. I didn't say the only means of acquiring good mods was spending, spending hugely gets you ahead and that has nothing to do with luck. Your full span of mods has nothing to do with luck either. It's obvious you prioritised mods to get there, someone else can simply roll the dice enough times and gets way past you meanwhile also slipping their debit card. If you want to make an argument, please don't resort to straw man.
  • TVF
    36651 posts Member
    Options
    I give up.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    "Paid for better mods."

Hmmm.

Define top players.

TVF vs Dave32

When you click on "top players" it defaults to "top characters" for some reason.

https://swgoh.gg/stats/top-characters/speed/

I looked at #49 on that list.

Your top players list is based on GP. GP can reflect time as well as money. Are you seriously trying to argue that the best players are judged on GP alone? Because that's what that list is.

Sure, they got 5.6M gp by time. I'm amongst top f2ps in this game, I searched everywhere to find some better than me and I did find them, they are not numerous. Look at my gp and compare.

You can arrive at the same conclusion simply by the amount of total free stuff released throughout the life of the game if it was possible to make such a calculation. They release limited stuff in circulation. Even if you are top 1 in both arenas throughout it all.