Schnolhamot
106 posts Member
edited March 2016
brace-yourself-an-0553xc.jpg

35lc046.jpg

Greetings Heroes,

Here are the update notes for 3/15/16.

General
Droids Fight Back Event (Google Play Exclusive) – in this limited time event players will be required to form a squad of at least 3 droids to face off against the Jawas. The first tier of the event requires the player droids to be 2 star, the second tier 4 star and the final tier 6 star. Players who can complete the event will be rewarded with various prizes, including the chance to receive droid character Shards!

Darth Vader has had his stats increased if players raise his star tier to 6 or 7. Before, 6 and 7 star Darth Vader characters had reduced stats due to an exploit that allowed players to receive extra Shards for him. Now that those players are no longer a concern, we have increased the power of 6 and 7 star Darth Vader to its rightful place.

The Sullust environment can now be seen in game! It’s smoke filled skies and flowing rivers of lava make for a new exciting place to battle.

Aurodium Packs have been removed but may make a return in the future.
Training Droids are no longer available through shipments, instead there are now 2 options for purchasing Training Droids in the Store: Training Droid Data Card and Training Droid Mega-Pack.

New Character(s)

Chief Chirpa
The Chief of the Ewoks on the Forest Moon of Endor

Main Stat: Intelligence
Role: Support
Species: Ewok
Found In: Chromium Packs and Cantina Battle 5-D

Basic
Bounding Strike
Deal Physical damage to target enemy. In addition, Chirpa gains 20% Turn Meter if that enemy had more than 50% Turn Meter.

Special #1:
Ancestral Secrets
All allies recover 10% of their Max Health at the start of their next 2 turns. Ewok allies also gain Retribution for 2 turns, and recover Health for 1 additional turn.

Special #2:
Tribal Unity
Grant all allies Speed Up for 2 turns, then call a random Ewok ally and one other random ally to Assist. These Assists deal 70% less damage.

Leader
Simple Tactics
Ewok allies gain 10% Turn Meter whenever they perform a Basic attack, and other allies gain half that amount.

Characters
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Old Ben) – character shards can now be found for Old Ben in Cantina Battles 2-F and 6-B in addition to Chromium Packs.

Unit Descriptions – the descriptions for a number of characters have been updated to better describe them.
Magmatrooper – Shards for Magmatroper can now be obtained from Chromium Packs.

Ahsoka Tano –
Despite her solid offensive stats, Ahsoka has been underperforming due to her unreliable survivability, compounded by low Speed. Her kit has been revised to give her a chance to shine.

Basic – Energetic Slash
Deal Physical damage to target enemy and Ahsoka recovers Health equal to 6% of her Max Health, increased to 9% on a Critical Hit.

Special – Protective Maneuver
Deal Physical damage to target enemy. If the target has 50% Health or more, all allies recover Health equal to 10% of Ahsoka's Max Health. If the target has less than 50% Health, this attack deals 25% more damage instead.

Leader – Quick Steps
Jedi and Nightsister allies have +10% Evasion.

NOTE: This ability’s Evasion bonus is unchanged, but its major upgrades now cause each affected ally to gain Turn Meter when they Evade, not just Ahsoka. The Turn Meter gain has been reduced to account for this.

Unique – Daring Padawan
Ahsoka has +25% Health and +25 Speed. Whenever she suffers a Critical Hit, she loses one of these effects (in reverse order.) Whenever she scores a finishing blow, she regains all of them.

Bug Fixes

Rex’s Squad Discipline now gives the correct amount of Turn Meter to non-Clone allies.

Rex’s Squad Discipline now grants Tenacity up to all allies instead of just himself.

The bonus DoT effect applied by Darth Sidious’s Demoralizing Blows on a critical hit can be Resisted.

HK-47 no longer gains Offense Up from Superior Firepower before the damage is calculated.

Geonosian Soldier no longer gains Offense Up from Aggressive Advance before the damage is calculated.

Rey's Flurry of Blows no longer triggers a Counter Attack for each hit.

Count Dooku's Leader ability now grants the expected amount of Evasion (was previously granting less than intended.)

Multiple characters previously had abilities where their damage would decrease in some cases when upgraded instead of increasing.

This has been fixed for the following characters

Asajj Ventress
Old Daka
Geonosian Soldier
HK-47
Kit Fisto
URoRRuR’R’R
Ugnaught
Jawa

Several characters have unit descriptions that are outdated or inaccurate. The following characters have been updated to better reflect their capabilities.

Admiral Ackbar
Ahsoka Tano
Barriss Offee
Clone Sergeant – Phase I
Clone Wars Chewbacca
Coruscant Underworld Police
Darth Maul
Darth Sidious
Darth Vader
Dathcha
Eeth Koth
Ewok Elder
Ewok Scout
General Veers
Geonosian Soldier
Grand Moff Tarkin
Greedo
HK-47
IG-86 Sentinel Droid
IG-88
Ima-Gun Di
Jawa
Jedi Consular
Kit Fisto
Lobot
Nightsister Initiate
Nute Gunray
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Old Ben)
Old Daka
Plo Koon
Princess Leia
Royal Guard
Snowtrooper
Stormtrooper
Talia
Tusken Raider
Ugnaught
URoRRUR’R’R

The Dispel effect on Teebo’s Bring Low ability can no longer be Evaded, just like the damage.

Old Daka can no longer Revive herself with Serve Again.

Several characters had stat-boosting effects in their Leader or Unique abilities that could be copied by Grand Master Yoda’s Masterstroke or Battle Meditation; they have been corrected.

Tier two of the Profit Mining event is no longer accessible by players under level 70.

Princess Leia’s Critical Chance Up effect now expires at end of encounter.

Additional things being worked on:
DoT effects being able to defeat an enemy is still being worked on and will be implemented in a future major update.
More characters will have their outdated unit descriptions improved in a future update.

More character bug fixes.

Thoughts?

Note: My last discussion was closed due to a childish argument that contained name-calling. Please refrain from doing so here.

Note 2: Rey is indeed a powerful character. As is Genosian Soldier. But they are intended to be as such.

Remember that these characters are available to you as much as anyone else. Please do not complain. There is no unfair advantage when you can use the character too.

New Update? Thoughts?! Good? Bad? 115 votes

Good
33%
warmonkey1024Zombie8mylunchcosmicturtle333slmcmrBerdilioAzrex_DrenStarSonKr4itok_CrokadorfnAl_TizAtwellGwonkinfectiouszombieMaceMazerMegadeth3700DarthoganNaifreakFindecBalaxxeOobydoob 38 votes
Okay
31%
scubaThe_Oklahoma_Kidioniancat21Sticare_Courts_0073CronozNLwalkyourpathWillkimm98WJ28Big_RussByzantineByronxxakortsxxWonderwyrmDeanGlberryDiraanctn13MikymateNikoms565CPMPAlexHermanssonGrSnake 36 votes
Meh. Just a bug fix
15%
BarrokStevoD_MillennialNutteralexFinnLordStylingPlague_IncBrobiWanKenobiBrownieEleiempapnworsArubeKopfschussStrongPhilosopherCodyNightloresMazurkaAmth 18 votes
Disappointing
17%
AbyssKhorvog_KarbossaThelubricantHBOMBCOKFISTAggropoxWildcats1203OmnirhyzeMithNerfherder17111Nate111USAmazingCestericStarNickRulexPetrozzaAngrybaldmantcorneliubrvTheOnebngmanCollinFwheywood76 20 votes
Terrible/Revolting/Insulting
2%
LaLiamLeo1TheSickmaster86 3 votes

Replies

• Options
    Okay
    No stealth changes are a plus. Ashoka buff being broken is a minus.
  • Options
    Okay
    Giving Ashoka a buff was needed for sure, but I don't understand why "Chief Chirpa" was added to the game before obi-wan, emperor palpatine, and Han Solo.
  • Options
    Good
    Any and all updates are good, if they are what I want in the game is beside the point. Updates, updates, updates.... The more the better
  • Options
    Disappointing
    Really disappointed that G.M. Yoda has been messed with. You spend all that time collecting him, getting him to 7* (which was not easy at all) and investing in multiply Jedi to get there - only to have his skills downgraded. A not so grand master after all. Really, really disappointing.
  • Options
    Disappointing
    I was so excited for jawa engineer, but he wasn't released so I'm sad
  • Options
    It is getting frustrating that they keep reducing the availability of droids and credits. Last update event went from 1 hour where you got 2200 credits per energy. Now it is 300. Next they removed the sbility to buy 7 droids for 60 crystal to 120 for over 1k. Have layer daily since Novenmer. May be time for a new game. Must have gotten to a critical mass so that f2p players are no longer needed or desired.
  • Options
    Disappointing
    Game is still boring and unbalanced.
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    Michael_L wrote: »
    It is getting frustrating that they keep reducing the availability of droids and credits. Last update event went from 1 hour where you got 2200 credits per energy. Now it is 300. Next they removed the sbility to buy 7 droids for 60 crystal to 120 for over 1k. Have layer daily since Novenmer. May be time for a new game. Must have gotten to a critical mass so that f2p players are no longer needed or desired.

No its 120 for 1851 and that is a 10% discount. The price is now discounted.
  • Options
    Good
    I'm very pleased with Rex's fix. His tenacity now works right.
  • Options
    wheywood76 wrote: »
    Really disappointed that G.M. Yoda has been messed with. You spend all that time collecting him, getting him to 7* (which was not easy at all) and investing in multiply Jedi to get there - only to have his skills downgraded. A not so grand master after all. Really, really disappointing.

What mess?
  • Options
    Disappointing
    Yoda's Battle Meditation used to share more abilities with your squad. 'Was a very handy tool. Not so now.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    Terrible/Revolting/Insulting

Training droids in shipments?
    {RotE}
  • Options
    Meh. Just a bug fix
    I was hoping on some new content. But the only thing we got is a new ewok.... which is actually a furry bug.
    Very dissapointing, just some bugfixes as far as I see it.
  • Robdd
    111 posts Member
    Options
    Good
    Good,
    Any update is positive, you get a new character in Chief Chirpa ( Ewoks could be viable). That is positive in all aspects brings diversity to the game.
    Ben you can now farm, so down the road Leia and Secura might be farmable both very interested in.
    They made Tano much stronger so another option in Cantina.
    I think some are disappointed because they want more or different toons eventually or ship battles etc. Everybody wants it all now, but slowly it will come, thumbs up.
  • Options
    Good
    Necessary bug fixes, Ahsoka buff, new environment, Old Ben becomes farmable, all great changes. Grade A level for me.
  • Options
    Okay
    I reckon it's decent on the basis that nothing went hilariously wrong. However this is on the basis that there is going to be a big update come end of the month time. If this is the March update I'll be a little disappointed.
  • Options
    Okay
    Bump
  • Options
    Good
    Pretty decent - all good except for the minor stealth change, which won't affect me anyway.

The rapid dev response was very nice regarding the Ahsoka bug.

Good job.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Okay
    LaLiam wrote: »

Training droids in shipments?

If you are buying training droids from shipments, you're doing it wrong.

Ahsoka changes were very well done. No cap raise was a big plus. Some of the bug fixes were decent.

A handful of negatives, imho:
    - DoTs still not fixed
    - No new heroes added to shipments (Old Ben being added to battles is meh - especially with Yoda & Dooku everywhere now)
    - No new "content" (save for a seemingly "minor" Android event that still isn't live)
    - New character is an Ewok...why not a new Sith or droid or scoundrel?
    - Still no change to the ridiculous credit & training droid events
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Disappointing
    I reckon it's decent on the basis that nothing went hilariously wrong. .
    It's pretty laughable that the update gets a "decent" grade simply on the premise of there being no game breaking SNAFUS.
    I agree that the Ahsoka fix was done much more quickly than anticipated. Appreciate that Dev team. The communication was lacking, again. I would like to see them get the team together and discuss the changes rather than email fragments across the shed and then amending them later. Overall the update was...underwhelming. There were some good changes, some not so good, but as far as content to get excited about there really wasn't much in my opinion.
  • Options
    Good
    good fixes here.

Old Ben farmable - GREAT

Ahsoka fixed somewhat, making her a good fifth in an All Jedi Team - GOOD

The counter attack fixed on Reys Flurry move - ABSOLUTELY was needed and neccessary....no more Dooku 4 straight counters and then a bonus attack or 2 on them to bring it up to 6 or 7 straight hits on Rey....especially with Dooku being EVERYWHERE....
  • Options
    Okay
    I'd really like to see much more content than we've been offered so far but this particular update isn't terrible.

Bug fixes are always welcome as a first step and adding Ben to Cantina and the Ashoka changes are the best piece of the update.

On the negative, the communication with Devs is lacking and then when Ashoka's bug came along post-update, users had to go to Reddit to find out why and that is just plain inexcusable and EA/CG management need to reign in their Devs and just ban them from releasing the latest information on Reddit unless they post on the official forum first, no excuses end of story, time to get your stuff together.

Overall, their biggest issues with this game is just an overall abandonment of standard practices and organization. From the sloppy update rollouts, the DST snafu where they can't have clocks adjust, pushing out updates manually instead of scheduling them for the middle of the night like most people do, all the bugs that are ridiculous such as character descriptions being wrong, just the overall lack of any pride or organization is telling, as if they don't even care about this title. The worst part, even the average teenage players notice these gaps in consistency and are leaving the game, something I'd figure EA/CG doesn't want. Does EA./CG really even want this game to succeed or are you all just hoping it'll fail so you can go back to doing other things???
  • Options
    Meh. Just a bug fix
    Better than the Feb update. Still not good.
    Nothing more to do.
    Credit/droid events completely ignored.
    Nothing more to do.
    At least it's not as greedy and money grabbing as the last update.
    Pretty boring update really.
    5 weeks for a new toon and one moved to cantina and bug fixes shouldn't take 5 weeks and be called exciting.
    Seriously 5 weeks for this? And not even a new table :|
  • Options
    Okay
    Bump
  • Options
    Disappointing
    I'm very pleased with Rex's fix. His tenacity now works right.

He is actually still bugged.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Disappointing
    Giving Ashoka a buff was needed for sure, but I don't understand why "Chief Chirpa" was added to the game before obi-wan, emperor palpatine, and Han Solo.

Obi and han are both toons currently.........
    Yea, that lol
  • Options
    Okay
    wish theyd nerf GS a little
  • Options
    Good
    Not that I use many of the characters affected by this update, I still think it's a pretty solid update. Ashoka was in need of a buff but thank god Daka's serve again ability was fixed. No more will I kill Daka to then find her reviving oneself and getting an instant stun off or being healed to almost full health from Lumi. The Daka patch by itself has me pleased enough.
  • Options
    Good
    xxakortsxx wrote: »

In what way does he need nerfed? He is meant to be a powerful 'attacker' and is available to all players in the very first cantina battle? GS is right where he should be.
  • Options
    Okay
    MaceMazer wrote: »
    xxakortsxx wrote: »

In what way does he need nerfed? He is meant to be a powerful 'attacker' and is available to all players in the very first cantina battle? GS is right where he should be.

I told you! Nerfers are coming.