Almost out of purple mats

Prev1
Idk why CG insists on keeping players starved of ability mats. Played every day for 3 years you'd think I should have enough purple for every character in the game but no. What's the purpose of this nonsensical crunch? Limiting characters ability levels at 1 doesn't even make sense. Funny enough purples started showing at extreme rates in my fleet store recently, speaking about patents.

Jesus CG, this is so dumb...

Replies

• Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    7mlzbpnka71d.png
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options
    le8rgk54w2wd.jpg

And I'm guessing this is a moderate amount compared to some.

I only need these for omega and zeta levels on abilities. All of my characters are at whatever the max skill level is otherwise.

If it's a crunch now maybe your trying to build to many character at once. Whatever the issue is, it'll pass.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    I've played every day for 2 years and I have over 2000. Stop spending all your resources and stop making these threads.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I've played every day for 2 years and I have over 2000. Stop spending all your resources and stop making these threads.

Congrats, difference is, I wanna use my characters not keep them on the shelf
  • Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    le8rgk54w2wd.jpg

I only need these for omega and zeta levels on abilities. All of my characters are at whatever the max skill level is otherwise.

If it's a crunch now maybe your trying to build to many character at once. Whatever the issue is, it'll pass.

The thing is the devs are forcing us to drop resources on useless characters that would otherwise not have been touched. I never intended to touch the ewoks until they made them required for 3PO, I wasn't planning to work on Separatists until they made them required for Padme. It's the devs who push us to farm all the factions in the game with legendary events. Pretty soon we'll be forced to gear clones too which other than Rex they are all trash. I don't want to sink resources in these factions but do I have a choice when the alternative is to lose competitiveness?
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options

I have nearly 900 and every character unlocked and at level 85. I still have nowhere to put my purple mats.
  • Options

I have nearly 900 and every character unlocked and at level 85. I still have nowhere to put my purple mats.

Do you have all legendaries 7 stars?
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options

Do you have all legendaries 7 stars?

I'm not sure how that matters but no, Padme is 6 stars. Are you saying I have so many purple materials because I'm missing a star on Padme?
  • Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    You're doing something wrong. I have every character maxed on purple mats outside of zetas and have about a 1000 and growing that I cant use.

Doing something wrong? Like what could I be possibly doing wrong? Throwing them away?
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    le8rgk54w2wd.jpg

The thing is the devs are forcing us to drop resources on useless characters that would otherwise not have been touched. I never intended to touch the ewoks until they made them required for 3PO, I wasn't planning to work on Separatists until they made them required for Padme. It's the devs who push us to farm all the factions in the game with legendary events. Pretty soon we'll be forced to gear clones too which other than Rex they are all trash. I don't want to sink resources in these factions but do I have a choice when the alternative is to lose competitiveness?

How do you lose competitiveness? You don't need any of those characters the first time around. They all have counters for GA and TW. It seems that your own mental block on how the game has to be played is why you're out of purple materials. I don't use Padme for anything yet (not enough zetas for her team) and C3P0 often goes unused in GA. I still win most of my matchups.

Edit for typos
  • Options
    le8rgk54w2wd.jpg

How do you lose competitiveness? You don't need any of those characters the first time around. They all have counters for GA and TW. It seems that your own mental block on how the game has to be played is why you're out of purple materials. I don't use Padme for anything yet (not enough zetas for her team) and C3P0 often goes unused in GA. I still win most of my matchups.

Edit for typos

Even for the second time without geared squads and upgraded abilities you can't get Padme or Chewie or 3PO or Malak. You need to gear and upgrade abilities on characters you don't want
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

You have me confused with someone else. The difference between us is not that I don't unlock toons, it's that I don't waste purples on toons I'm not going to use.
  • BaldingHead90
    966 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options

You have me confused with someone else. The difference between us is not that I don't unlock toons, it's that I don't waste purples on toons I'm not going to use.

Wow how exciting, or CG can give us enough to where even if you unlocked all characters and gave them all their purple abilities you would have more than enough and there would be no reason to keep them locked
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    1t8bwhbuolth.jpeg

I guess it’s because I have every characters abilities maxed out that needs purple mats that I’ve accumulated so many now. I have no character to put the **** things on lol
    And I only have 10 omegas left to apply but don’t feel the need just yet seeing as we have new characters inbound
    tsguc2pp3lda.jpeg
  • Options
    You're doing something wrong. I have every character maxed on purple mats outside of zetas and have about a 1000 and growing that I cant use.

Doing something wrong? Like what could I be possibly doing wrong? Throwing them away?

Maybe not doing all the challenges? Idk. Either way, your complaint has no merit later in the game. Here is my situation...

q5uzfh5x9qyr.jpg

Not doing the challenges? Seriously?
  • Ultra
    11504 posts Moderator
    Options
    Idk why CG insists on keeping players starved of ability mats. Played every day for 3 years you'd think I should have enough purple for every character in the game but no. What's the purpose of this nonsensical crunch? Limiting characters ability levels at 1 doesn't even make sense. Funny enough purples started showing at extreme rates in my fleet store recently, speaking about patents.

Jesus CG, this is so dumb...
    Why do they do this? So that you would spend money to alleviate the crunch
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options
    le8rgk54w2wd.jpg

Edit for typos

Even for the second time without geared squads and upgraded abilities you can't get Padme or Chewie or 3PO or Malak. You need to gear and upgrade abilities on characters you don't want

Then don't get them. You certainly don't need them.

And if you can't ignore them then slowing down will help your resource management. Nothing depletes resources like a panic.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

Wow how exciting, or CG can give us enough to where even if you unlocked all characters and gave them all their purple abilities you would have more than enough and there would be no reason to keep them locked

You seriously need to go find a different game, beacuse you want one where they give you all the resources you need. And that's not this game.
  • Options
    le8rgk54w2wd.jpg

Edit for typos

And if you can't ignore them then slowing down will help your resource management. Nothing depletes resources like a panic.

Wow option 1: CG giving more purple mats
    Option 2: players skipping legendary events

We'll take 2 cause it sounds healthier
  • Options

You seriously need to go find a different game, beacuse you want one where they give you all the resources you need. And that's not this game.

You seriously need to find a different forum, because you want one where nobody complaints or asks for changes that in their opinion would benefit the game. And that's not this forum.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Has anything positive ever come from one of your complaint threads from any of your various forum accounts? When will you learn?
  • Ultra
    11504 posts Moderator
    Options
    If you want your complaints to be heard and addressed than you should post in Troll Free Reddit
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options
    le8rgk54w2wd.jpg

Edit for typos

Wow option 1: CG giving more purple mats
    Option 2: players skipping legendary events

We'll take 2 cause it sounds healthier

That's the mental block you have. You're not skipping an event. Your managing your resources (in a resource management game, imagine that!)

If it's not going to spread you thin, go for it. Doesn't sound like that's the case for you. Your in a position where if you try for every event you're hurting your chances of being ready for the really important events (e.g. Malak).

You can continue to ask for changes you're not going to get or you can change your approach to the game. I know which sounds healthier to me.
  • Options
    Has anything positive ever come from one of your complaint threads from any of your various forum accounts? When will you learn?

Probably not but you wanna know why? It's because people like you always have something to say and an unreasonable reason to defend policies that simply benefit the few and not the majority of players or the game itself.

Perhaps if people like you actually sided with what's right for once, the devs would actually listen to the community and give us something we want :smile:
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    If you want your complaints to be heard and addressed than you should post in Troll Free Reddit

Reddit's biggest trolls are their own moderators, I hate that site with a passion
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    This is a resource management game.
    Manage your dang resources.
    Making daily complaints about the game is not going to magically make CG give out enough resources to max out your entire roster.
    If they gave out unlimited resources, they'd be out of business and we'd be out of game.

Obligatory resource stash screenshot:
    hb79528pnowy.jpg
  • Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    This is a resource management game.
    Manage your dang resources.
    Making daily complaints about the game is not going to magically make CG give out enough resources to max out your entire roster.
    If they gave out unlimited resources, they'd be out of business and we'd be out of game.

Obligatory resource stash screenshot:
    hb79528pnowy.jpg

Bruh nobody spoke about all resources. Purple mats are pointless to bug players about
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    I spoke about all resources because you don't manage any of them and you make the same thread about each of them.