Almost out of purple mats

2Next

Replies

• TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Has anything positive ever come from one of your complaint threads from any of your various forum accounts? When will you learn?

Probably not but you wanna know why? It's because people like you always have something to say and an unreasonable reason to defend policies that simply benefit the few and not the majority of players or the game itself.

Perhaps if people like you actually sided with what's right for once, the devs would actually listen to the community and give us something we want :smile:

Lol.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    C'mon man, out of all the valid things you can complain about, you choose purple mats? We need gear, zetas, omegaa, more hard node tries, even credits if you want, but purple mats just build up horribly.

I think I'll run out of training droids or sims before I do purples (and before you say I'm new, I've been playing for 3+ years and have 4.8 GP)
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    a8sed6tgfzmb.jpg
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I've played every day for 2 years and I have over 2000. Stop spending all your resources and stop making these threads.

Congrats, difference is, I wanna use my characters not keep them on the shelf

I've got that many too, and I put purple abilities on EVERY toon I level, which is all but maybe 20 toons in the game.

Tomorrow someone will post they have too many purples and we should be able to trade them for something "useful"
  • Hikari
    212 posts Member
    Options
    I have every char in the game unlocked. And every purple Matt placed except for the zetas I am missing.

I have 2131 purple Matt's in inventory. Refresh cantina to get your 600 energy daily and you will be fine.

6d91vzv7wrpn.png
  • Nihion2
    35 posts Member
    Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    le8rgk54w2wd.jpg

And I'm guessing this is a moderate amount compared to some.

I only need these for omega and zeta levels on abilities. All of my characters are at whatever the max skill level is otherwise.

If it's a crunch now maybe your trying to build to many character at once. Whatever the issue is, it'll pass.

The thing is the devs are forcing us to drop resources on useless characters that would otherwise not have been touched. I never intended to touch the ewoks until they made them required for 3PO, I wasn't planning to work on Separatists until they made them required for Padme. It's the devs who push us to farm all the factions in the game with legendary events. Pretty soon we'll be forced to gear clones too which other than Rex they are all trash. I don't want to sink resources in these factions but do I have a choice when the alternative is to lose competitiveness?

Resource management. You don't get everything at once. This game takes patience.

Also, @Kyno can you stop this guy? I mean after tons of senseless complaints and refusal to accept logic, he's got to be a troll, right?
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Nihion2 wrote: »
    le8rgk54w2wd.jpg

I only need these for omega and zeta levels on abilities. All of my characters are at whatever the max skill level is otherwise.

If it's a crunch now maybe your trying to build to many character at once. Whatever the issue is, it'll pass.

The thing is the devs are forcing us to drop resources on useless characters that would otherwise not have been touched. I never intended to touch the ewoks until they made them required for 3PO, I wasn't planning to work on Separatists until they made them required for Padme. It's the devs who push us to farm all the factions in the game with legendary events. Pretty soon we'll be forced to gear clones too which other than Rex they are all trash. I don't want to sink resources in these factions but do I have a choice when the alternative is to lose competitiveness?

Resource management. You don't get everything at once. This game takes patience.

Also, @Kyno can you stop this guy? I mean after tons of senseless complaints and refusal to accept logic, he's got to be a troll, right?

No point stopping this account, he would just create another one of his many clone accounts.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    le8rgk54w2wd.jpg

Seriously. Played every day for 3 years and out of purples? I call bantha sith. He's probably out of sim tix too.
  • Options
    Idk why CG insists on keeping players starved of ability mats.

Because this is a game of resource management? And without scarcity of resources the "game" element would be missing?

• Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    le8rgk54w2wd.jpg

No point stopping this account, he would just create another one of his many clone accounts.

What are you talking about??? Lol wow anything else you want to accuse me of?
    le8rgk54w2wd.jpg

Senseless complaints? Just because you don't experience what I do in the game it doesn't mean you know it all.
  • Options
    Aren't you running out of some Mk1 starter gear as well?
    You know, those pieces that everybody has thousands of, as long as they skip legendaries of course.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Idk why CG insists on keeping players starved of ability mats. Played every day for 3 years you'd think I should have enough purple for every character in the game but no. What's the purpose of this nonsensical crunch? Limiting characters ability levels at 1 doesn't even make sense. Funny enough purples started showing at extreme rates in my fleet store recently, speaking about patents.

Jesus CG, this is so dumb...

No idea where comes the difference. Here's mine a few days after I decided to un-sand bag, maxed all toons again getting all the abilities maxed as far as whole roster. Only way I can spend purples is now zetas and future releases. I remember going overdose and depleting all my purples trying to push my GP at the TB rush though, that's the last occasion this was possible.

l0d3rkvfdklk.png
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Congrats, difference is, I wanna use my characters not keep them on the shelf
    8 minutes later
    The thing is the devs are forcing us to drop resources on useless characters that would otherwise not have been touched.
    This basically tells you all you need to know when talking to balding...
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    Options
    I find it highly unlikely that you simultaenously
    1. Played for 3 years
    2. are out of purple mats
    3. Did not run alt accounts
    4. act the same way as alledged alt accounts
    5. Only got on the forums since march
    6. Talk the same way as alt accounts
    7. Have posted 50 comments in 3 months and nothing else in the last 2 and 3/4 years, where i assume everything was fine enough to not warrant any action at all
  • Options

Senseless complaints? Just because you don't experience what I do in the game it doesn't mean you know it all.

This is great. Anyone who is further on in the game than you, you brand them a whale. Yet you point out that we don’t know everything about you?
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    le8rgk54w2wd.jpg

le8rgk54w2wd.jpg

Seriously?
    I'll just copy pasta the last time I posted this:

I think he's got an obsession with B
    B0untryHunter07
    BazeMalbus
    PeteBajama
    PeterBahama
    BaldingHead
    And I don't know how many other Clone accounts he has. He's got more than enough to make an entire Clone Squad. :D
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    And I don't know how many other Clone accounts he has. He's got more than enough to make an entire Clone Squad. :D

Maybe he also needs a rework just like the helmeted peeps.

• Spang
    286 posts Member
    Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    You're doing something wrong.
    Doing something wrong? Like what could I be possibly doing wrong? Throwing them away?

I don't know what, but you're surely doing it wrong if you struggle with pzrple mats after 3 years of playing. Sure, there was a period around lvl80, right before the introduction of zetas. But long-time lvl85 players should have more than enough of them.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    Hey Balding, this is an honest attempt to give you feedback.

Rather than coming to the forums and calling out CG for issues you think are universal but are really unique to you, ask for advice and see if others are having a similar experience before you accuse CG of being unfair. It always feels like you're crying wolf.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    I applaud the effort. But OP has fingers in ears.
  • Options
    The fact is I’ve never bothered managing my purple mats at all—I save enough for whatever zeta I have my eye on next, and otherwise spend the surplus on whatever I consider to be highest priority among many very low priorities. Right now, I’m spending my excess purples on some legacy Sith characters. And even with that near total lack of management, I can definitely tell that the day is coming (within a few months) when I will literally have nothing left to spend purple mats on, and then the pile will just keep growing, as it does with sim tickets and training droids.

Tl;dr: the inflow of purple mats exceeds he inflow of new toons on whom to spend them.
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Lio wrote: »

Rather than coming to the forums and calling out CG for issues you think are universal but are really unique to you, ask for advice and see if others are having a similar experience before you accuse CG of being unfair. It always feels like you're crying wolf.

Posting a swgoh.gg profile would really help when asking for advice.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    Lio wrote: »

Posting a swgoh.gg profile would really help when asking for advice.

But if he does that we'll all see the same gg profile for all the....

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
  • Nihion2
    35 posts Member
    Options
    le8rgk54w2wd.jpg

le8rgk54w2wd.jpg

Lol I'm probably way behind you, I'm f2p and I've only been playing for 1.5 years. I don't have Revan, or Darth Revan, or Malak, or even JTR, I get a zeta out about every three weeks and I used to always be short on purples, but I still love this game. You, on the other hand, have probably complained about everything I just said I didn't have. You overreact to every little thing. Huatimus is right about all the "b" troll accounts. I mean, are you a troll? All signs point to yes.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    I have every toon in this game unlocked (close to full 7*) along with every purple ability for all of them. I have 2400+ purple mats leftover and I don’t recall a time where I have ever struggled with having enough of them. Maybe very early on?

So I’m not sure what or how, but you ARE doing something “wrong”. I haven’t paid any attention to these mats ever, and I’ve had a huge surplus throughout playing.