new droid hybrid team now viable?

Prev1
i just 7* daka and dooku today, and it got me thinking, I really do hate seeing them in arena even with dakas fix *cough*nerf*cough*
i tried running this team today, tell me what you think> (ill add more tomorrow when i see how far i drop)
ps all my chars on this team are max everything level stars gear abilities etc.
poggle L
daka
dooku
ig86
GS

it worked very well with poggle buff making dooku smacks and daka hits sting harder, plus 86 and gs hitting hard as usual, and daka performs sort of a "forced taunt" roll due to the fear of her resurrect ability. it worked well, however i think it has a lot of room to grow. any suggestions to help me improve this team? thanks!

Replies

• Options
    Teams like that are why I keep Poe. He decreases turn meter enough for me to kill Poggle 3/4 times. But then another 1/3 times Daka rezzes him and.... Bye bye me
  • Options
    good perspective. i haven't seen a team like mine on my server yet. poe doesn't have as much speed as poggle though does he?
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    not really a droid hybrid team if 1/5 members is a droid
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    reizse wrote: »
    cool thanks for the shmemantics. guess i could call it more of a geonotian/assist team with stun/harass synergies but that was a little long for the title lol.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    just calling it like i see it, since 'droid' hybrid is hyperbole
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    reizse wrote: »

This, I expected at least 3 droids
  • Options
    i have them all 7*, but i don't know how i can work anymore in with the current meta. i feel like such a sell out, i just switched 7* lumi for daka and noticed i haven't budged in the ranking since i did that. (an GS or IG86 assist calling on daka really sucks the wind outta the punch)
  • Options
    Not enought speed .
    Qgj yoda rey Will est your team with no effort ..
  • goobstoob
    171 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    GS goes before rey and can easily 1 shot her. i've already committed to not farming rey, however i am farming RG, QGJ and will probly get at least a 5* yoda the next time the event comes around. if i were to work a team around dooku daka sid poggle GS the droids lumi qgj phasma and RG (those are all my max gear 7*s minus RG and QGJ), any suggestions on a decent combination? i used a droid squad for so long to get me where i am with farming and rewards and it has paid off thus far, but i believe i am currently forced to evolve or forever struggle to stay in top 20 each day.
  • Enigmaticien
    384 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Rey Will play Before gs with qgj Lead .beczydeqgj play Before gs And then Gs die first .gs kill no one .qgj team won easilly .
    Because gs can't maje a move
    Post edited by Enigmaticien on
  • Options
    Rey Will play Before gs with qgj Lead .and qgj play Before gs then Gs die first .gs kill no one .qgj team won easilly .

Rey is not a Jedi, she gets no benefit from the QGJ lead.
  • Options
    Gs is dead Before rey play .and Before he Can make a move.

Rey Will play Before gs with qgj Lead .and qgj play Before gs then Gs die first .gs kill no one .qgj team won easilly .

Rey is not a Jedi, she gets no benefit from the QGJ lead.

• Options
    I'm working on a very similar team, but with QGJ(L) instead of Poggle. Three Assist Callers and the Dooku/Daka Duo (new band name, lol?)
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    Options
    I've been playing with various hybrid Droid builds. I haven't come to a concrete conclusion on what works best. My favorite thus far is QGJ, 86, GS. 88 is just to fragile to use anymore. Typically I just toss in Rey, and pray for some RNG assist love.
  • Plasmaj
    297 posts Member
    Options
    I am running a similar lineup, just replace Daka with QGJ. So far it has been successful - generally do not fall below 20 overnight. Daka would be good for the RNG factor. QGJ relies more on calling for the assist - and when he calls IG86 it is almost a guaranteed OHKO on most toons. The Poggle leader skill really does add a lot to IG86 and GS.
  • Options
    @goobstoob This is my team! Have been taking #1 in my time zone with it beating (whale, Jedi, counter, droid) consistently but drop to 15-20s depending on the day. I've been subbing in 7* Sid full gear and 5* Poe full gear for Duku. And the results are similar on the drop overnight. But Poe seems to hold position the best. Only problem with Poe is if he gets the assist for GS or 86 not guaranteed one shot kill. I'm farming Hoth Rebel Scout to sub for Duku as he has 20% turn meter gain for all allies on his basic and stun and 100% turn meter gain on special and speed.
  • Options
    swgohTesla wrote: »
    @goobstoob This is my team! Have been taking #1 in my time zone with it beating (whale, Jedi, counter, droid) consistently but drop to 15-20s depending on the day. I've been subbing in 7* Sid full gear and 5* Poe full gear for Duku. And the results are similar on the drop overnight. But Poe seems to hold position the best. Only problem with Poe is if he gets the assist for GS or 86 not guaranteed one shot kill. I'm farming Hoth Rebel Scout to sub for Duku as he has 20% turn meter gain for all allies on his basic and stun and 100% turn meter gain on special and speed.

this is what i'm talking about!! nice. i was wondering about hoth rebel scout. I have QGJ at 5*, should i take him to 7 first or go for hoth??? i'm so torn!
  • swgohTesla
    36 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @goobstoob That's a tough one! I try to be a little different as I think everyone has or is farming QGJ. But sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. So far in GW and the weak challenges. HRS is solid. Especially when an Empire member dies (RG). Huge turn meter gain.
  • Quim
    665 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Nowadays the only team that works in the Arena to be rank 1 is with Poggle as leader, GS, Poe (essential), IG-86 and IG-88.

Only a combination of droids and geonosians is enough strong.

Without Poe, if I have Poe, your IG-88 and your IG-86 are dead before can play. It is an example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TD7VGToZ8M

Happens the same when you don't have Poe. If you have Poe, at least you have 50% chance to go first.

Now it is my team:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVTcXSS0NI8

I have played with also a good team in the last weeks, with Poggle (L), GS, IG-86, Poe and Kylo Ren. If you don't have Kylo Ren, IG-88 is another good option, but Kylo Ren can resist an atacck of Geonosian Soldier, as in the first video, so is more interesting. Better than this is have Royal Guard, with Royal Guard and Poe in the same team I haven't lost any battle, is an invincible team if I'm controlling it, in the attack, in the defense, with the bad AI, any team can be defeated, but I'm rank 1, at least 8 hours per day, and I can get the rank 1 without recharges, so if you want be rank #1 you need Poe, and if you want be even better you need Royal Guard :smiley:
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I still get first pretty regularly using droid hybrids. I mix and match depending on who I fight.

Sid/GS/Poggle/IG-86/IG-88
    Sid/GS/Poggle/IG-86/QGJ
    QGJ/Sid/GS/Poggle/IG-86
    Sid/QGJ/GS/IG-86/IG-88
    Poggle/GS/IG-86/IG-88/QGJ
    Poggle/GS/IG-86/IG-88/Tuskan Raider (ASSISTS FTW!)

They're all lvl 70 7* max gear except QGJ who's 6* max.

I've stopped using Poe. Unless his expose hits a key toon he's a liability when GS/86 call him for an assist. I am working with Resistance Pilot and Hoth Rebel Scout to slot it when I need a fast stun (HRS) or a better assist call (RP).
  • Quim
    665 posts Member
    Options
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    I've stopped using Poe. Unless his expose hits a key toon he's a liability when GS/86 call him for an assist. I am working with Resistance Pilot and Hoth Rebel Scout to slot it when I need a fast stun (HRS) or a better assist call (RP).

And how many positions you lose during the rest of the day, after get the rank 1?

Before get Poe I was losing around 30 or 40 positions per day, but Poe improved my team and my rank a lot, since then I am rank 1 everyday, losing only 10 or 15 positions during the rest of the day, and sometimes less than 10 positions, one day I maintained the 3th position all the day, I only needed 1 battle to get the rank 1 LOL with my team Poggle (L), GS, IG-86, Kylo Ren and Poe, now it's Lumi (L), GS, IG-86, Poe and RG.
  • Options
    I still get first pretty regularly using droid hybrids. I mix and match depending on who I fight.

Sid/GS/Poggle/IG-86/QGJ
    QGJ/Sid/GS/Poggle/IG-86
    Sid/QGJ/GS/IG-86/IG-88

When running Sid/GS/Poggle/IG-86/IG-88, who are you running as the leader? I've been doing this with Poggle, but considered others.
  • Quim
    665 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Sid/GS/Poggle/IG-86/QGJ
    QGJ/Sid/GS/Poggle/IG-86
    Sid/QGJ/GS/IG-86/IG-88

When running Sid/GS/Poggle/IG-86/IG-88, who are you running as the leader? I've been doing this with Poggle, but considered others.

Is better Poggle as leader than Sid, with Poggle the droids and geonosians have +25% offense, it is better than have +14% critical chance and +20% critical damage, because only if it's critical is +20%, and +20% is less than +25%, but with Poggle every attack have the +25%, critical or not.
  • Wibble
    78 posts Member
    Options
    I run the same team as the OP except I don't have the luxury of Daka. I sub in Lumi, Sid, Phasma and Eeth as appropriate, and regularly take number 2 slot. Number 1 is a whale I can only occasionally beat unfortunately, and I do find it impossible to beat some combos. It's good, but it's not a final squad. For me it's one to use while you're still maxing you're perfect team.
  • Options
    Try this Goob:

Offensive
    Phasma (L)
    Poggle
    Ig86
    Ig88
    Sid or GS

Defensive
    Phasma (L)
    Poggle
    Ig86
    Ig88
    Poe (don't use RG, you don't have a healer and Off Up is wasted on him)

Thats a lot of debuffs for Ig-88's unique. Lots of extra hits from phasma/86 and GS if you want. Plenty of spray n pray with Off up, ig armor and an aoe abil block, with 2 mortal wounds (if Sid).

• Options
    And poggle buff ensures droids go before phasma, you get full benefit from victory march on first round
  • Options
    Wibble wrote: »
    I run the same team as the OP except I don't have the luxury of Daka. I sub in Lumi, Sid, Phasma and Eeth as appropriate, and regularly take number 2 slot. Number 1 is a whale I can only occasionally beat unfortunately, and I do find it impossible to beat some combos. It's good, but it's not a final squad. For me it's one to use while you're still maxing you're perfect team.

this is me too. not happy with what i run currently, just something to get the job done atm. maybe if they release another droid or properly buff ig100 or the jawa engineer comes out i'll have something new to do. for now, i'll just work on jedis for yoda and finsih 7*ing the galaxy wars peeps
  • Options
    There's nothing scarier than 86 and 88 with off up and speed up sitting behind a taunt tho, tbh. Poe would be a beast in that setup
  • goobstoob
    171 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    poe gets one shotted in current meta though :/
    plus, you've got qgj assist, gs assist, dooku, and sid that all go before him and most of your other toons.. if you have a poggle poe 86 88 and GS, it only takes one of the droids or GS being lost to end your match, you just can't really do enough damage output i've found at least.
    Ecuadri_22 wrote: »
    Try this Goob:

Offensive
    Phasma (L)
    Poggle
    Ig86
    Ig88
    Sid or GS

Defensive
    Phasma (L)
    Poggle
    Ig86
    Ig88
    Poe (don't use RG, you don't have a healer and Off Up is wasted on him)

i am very much looking forward to trying this though!!
  • Options
    I'm more of a speed demon mindset anyway, i'm currently working towards:

QGJ (L)
    Yoda
    Rey
    GS
    Sid

They all go by spd 143 so thats a lot of upfront dmg. That basically 7 attacks before a poe can taunt, and an RG would taunt after QGJ (if no dodges) so rey gs and sid drop him pretty low. Rey hits last so anything even around half health will die.