Division scores incorrect

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Thryss wrote: »
    KirKanos82 wrote: »
    Thryss wrote: »

Thanks for the info, but I believe you missed the fact that I said the numbers are estimates which was also reinforced by my use of “~”. This is interesting as it may indicate that is is more likely based upon character gp, but still does not change the fact that there is a imbalance of max banners within a division.

I believe you missed my point entirely. I have lower total GP and lower character GP than my guildmates, significantly less, 300k for GP and 100k for character GP. However, they are deploying 6 teams while I deploy 8 teams

I did miss your point. Given the number of teams set on defense should be based upon the lowest of both opponents - Can you post / compare yours and the opponent gps? That might clarify it....else I dont have a good explanation on what is driving the difference. Cheers.

Either way, the differences in banners within a division appeared to be an issue in fairness. Hoping CG will explain this.

The character GPs of my 7 other opponents in this round are extremely close to mine, all around 2.318m GP.

It is unfair to the others in my division who can only slot 6 teams into defense and attack 6 teams. My max banners will definitely be more than them although we are competing in the same division.
  • Options
    ShawDou wrote: »
    Thing is, divisions are JUST REWARD BRACKETS, you dont compete against ppl in your division at all, you fight against your GA opponents. And since number of teams is not counted by the divisions but by the character GP some ppl set 4, some 5 and so on => diference in the people score.

And here come the main FLAW in this thing. Since all divisions need same mount of the points to advance to next league it means that higher divisions will probably have it easier to advance since they will get more point because they can set/beat more teams. that should be adressed.

but you do compete against the people in your own division. You might not compete directly by facing off, but you compete with them for ranking within the leagues to get better rewards.

And it is not an issue of character GP. I am at 2.318m character GP, i can deploy 8 teams. I have at least 4 guild mates who have 2.4m or more character GP but can only deploy 6 teams.
  • Options
    Yes this is completely unfair as those who get to deploy more defenses get an extra 360 total points from extra attacks and higher conquer too. Can never make top division if you have lower total points for a perfect score by 33%. Huge epic fail.
  • Options
    avins wrote: »
    Really can't all of you complaining just wait 24-48 hours so you can deploy the other 3 teams against your second opponent, and get the feat reward??? please use your brain before talking about unfairness.

I think avibs you dont get it. This has nothing to do with feats it has to do with fairness of rewards and promoting. You cant promote as high if you are compared to someone who had the potential to earn 33% more points than you for an arbitrary reason.
  • Options
    Easy solution is to set the deployment points for each division and the amount of squads that have to be placed. For example, a division 2 player who has to place 6 squads for a total of 540pts(90pts per placement). The deployment for another division 2 player is 8 squads. Just adjust the points for deploying eight squads (67.5 instead of 90) so the total for full deployment is the same across the board. If it truly suppose to be an equal playing field across the board having players get a leg up just for being higher gp is a big flaw in their global system.
  • Thryss
    8 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Glad this is getting some traction.....not an easy issue to explain.

For those still struggling to understand, please ask respectfully and we’ll help - snide comments aren’t helpful and end up reflecting poorly on you.

Please keep liking and have your guilds help to push this thread up as CG needs to at the very least explain if this is as intended or not. (I seriously hope it was an oversight and they will fix it to create a fair playing field....as the expedition is intended to identify these type of issues).
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    Easy solution is to set the deployment points for each division and the amount of squads that have to be placed. For example, a division 2 player who has to place 6 squads for a total of 540pts(90pts per placement). The deployment for another division 2 player is 8 squads. Just adjust the points for deploying eight squads (67.5 instead of 90) so the total for full deployment is the same across the board. If it truly suppose to be an equal playing field across the board having players get a leg up just for being higher gp is a big flaw in their global system.
    An interesting idea. You would also need to do something for offense though, since the number of squads available to defeat scales in the same way.
  • ReylanT
    16 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    An interesting idea. You would also need to do something for offense though, since the number of squads available to defeat scales in the same way.

So basically they need to equalize the number of teams posted on defense across the whole division and the problem with having more defensive/offensive banners will just disappear naturally. And don't forget to take only character GP into account when forming divisions if the fleets are excluded from this particular GAC.
  • Options
    I have two division 3 players in my division 2 match up. Not sure how that’s gonna work out for them.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    ReylanT wrote: »

So basically they need to equalize the number of teams posted on defense across the whole division and the problem with having more defensive/offensive banners will just disappear naturally.
    Equalize to what though? A Division 5 player could be matched against Division 4, 5 or 6 players or even higher / lower depending how extreme the character/fleet GP splits are.

But I have to wonder whether this actually matters in the long run. In a single GA, it's very visible but in a GAC consisting of a series of 5 GAs, will 150 or so points here and there really make a difference to the average player?
  • Options

So basically they need to equalize the number of teams posted on defense across the whole division and the problem with having more defensive/offensive banners will just disappear naturally.
    Equalize to what though? A Division 5 player could be matched against Division 4, 5 or 6 players or even higher / lower depending how extreme the character/fleet GP splits are.

But I have to wonder whether this actually matters in the long run. In a single GA, it's very visible but in a GAC consisting of a series of 5 GAs, will 150 or so points here and there really make a difference to the average player?

It's over 2,000 points on defense alone, so maybe 4,000 points total over a GAC.

4,000 points seems to be a huge amount to arbitrarily gain lose based on restrictions in game. That will definitely cost everyone at least 1 league level in rewards.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options

It's over 2,000 points on defense alone, so maybe 4,000 points total over a GAC.

4,000 points seems to be a huge amount to arbitrarily gain lose based on restrictions in game. That will definitely cost everyone at least 1 league level in rewards.
    All right, let's actually crunch some numbers here..

Assuming Division 5
    Feats: 595 per GA
    Defense: 450 (90x5) per round
    Offense: 320 (64x5) per round
    Conquer: 640 per round
    Total: 1410 per round
    Total: 4825 per GA

One less off/def squad: -156 per round or -468 per GA so about 10% of potential.
  • Options
    The easy answer is you normalize everyone in every division based on defenses set. Prob not one that will be chosen as whales will complain they dont have an advantage though. Normalized points for total potential earned is the only way to be fair.