Matchmaking...

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    SERIOUSLY??
    The original poster will be fine here and has ZERO argument
    He has DR, Revan, Bossk, CLS, Traya and C3PO —> his “high GP” opponent doesn’t.
    The OP has better mods and x3 the number of Zetas, he has double the number of G12s.
    He’s going to win and it’s going to be a cakewalk.

TL:DR looks like fair-ish matchmaking.

m3ahnwa3b6m1.jpeg

Obviously the 2.1M GP player won't stand a chance against the 3.4M GP player. He (2.1M) only has nearly 3x the amount of zetas, more than double the amount of g11+12 chars and more than 5x the amount of 15+ speed mods.
    But the 3.4M guy has 700k more char GP! I'd bet on the 3.4M guy!

Stop, logic isn't allowed on the forums. It gets in the way of raging.

But seriously, nice job pointing this out.
  • Options
    Mstrefe1 wrote: »
    Another thread complaining about Matchmaking. I really should copy and paste my responses that I have been posting all night.

Find any of the other threads where people are complaining about matchmaking. Read the thread. Read my posts since I am trying to explain the most likely scenario in every other thread.

CG doesn't hate you, the matchmaking system thinks you have a reasonable chance of beating your opponent for some reason (don't ask me, I didn't create the matchmaking). It needs to be tested before it will be working to the the expectations that CG and the playerbase has in mind. The testing likely requires the full playerbase's participation, and therefore needs something like a week long Exhibition period where the rewards aren't the actual ones, the opponents are not going to be the correct opponents, and you can't reach the highest league because its so short. Just spitballing ideas here. Feel free to add on to my ideas if you want.

It’s a legit concern. And it sounds like you got matched with someone who’s GP is far lower than yours. People want fair matchups it’s not unreasonable.
  • Options
    Yes it is horrible
  • Options
    ddl4177aaqoo.jpg

Vs

r7r7kpquk4hq.jpg

Seems unfair for him, I put jkr and Dr on defense and then nothing else in the back. If he kills one toon I'd be surprised, despite almost a million higher gp. They should match broad with broad,not broad 3mil with narrow 2mil, or the 3mil guys are still not going to want to play
  • Options
    Mstrefe1 wrote: »
    Another thread complaining about Matchmaking. I really should copy and paste my responses that I have been posting all night.

Find any of the other threads where people are complaining about matchmaking. Read the thread. Read my posts since I am trying to explain the most likely scenario in every other thread.

CG doesn't hate you, the matchmaking system thinks you have a reasonable chance of beating your opponent for some reason (don't ask me, I didn't create the matchmaking). It needs to be tested before it will be working to the the expectations that CG and the playerbase has in mind. The testing likely requires the full playerbase's participation, and therefore needs something like a week long Exhibition period where the rewards aren't the actual ones, the opponents are not going to be the correct opponents, and you can't reach the highest league because its so short. Just spitballing ideas here. Feel free to add on to my ideas if you want.

This means nothing, "having a reasonable chance to beat them"? That's not the point, the point is they are rewarding bad choices made by older players by matching them with newer players who have made the right choices. It's absolutely awful.

This is unbelievable piffle even for you @BaldingHead90 / @PeterBahama

"bad choices" vs "right choices" is such revisionist nonsense. I've been playing for 3+ years now, sitting on nearly 4.7M GP ( https://swgoh.gg/p/343174317/ is my profile, I'm not embarrassed to share it, unlike you) and you might spot that I have:

- absolutely no characters below g7
    - only 17 characters below lvl 85
    - only 7 unmodded toons

Now, the mods part I can maybe take some flak for (believe me, it used to be 0 unmodded toons) as there's something I can do about that, but when I did level those toons to 85 and gear them to 7 there was absolutely no reason to suspect that I was making a "bad choice". And there is nothing I can do about it now.

When TB dropped our guild was sitting at 65M GP (now we're > 200M GP) and we didn't even get 6 stars on LS Hoth day 2. When me and many other guild mates fluffed up our rosters, our star count increased accordingly, as did our rewards. There was no prospect of TW or GA on the horizon then, and absolutely no indication that what we had done may at some point in the future count against us. And you suggesting that we should have known otherwise is 100% dishonest.

So, kindly stop with this "good choice / bad choice" tripe. You saying that is analogous to telling patients who were prescribed a drug that turned out to cause deformities in childbirth that they made a "bad choice" in taking the pills.
  • Options
    @DarjeloSalas yep, you're just nailing it to the point
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • DocDoom
    532 posts Member
    Options
    ...not to mention that the devs have subsequently repeatedly stated that they want there to be no disincentive to collecting and powering up a broad roster. There has been ongoing encouragement to make the "bad choice."
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    thedrjojo wrote: »
    ddl4177aaqoo.jpg

Vs

r7r7kpquk4hq.jpg

Seems unfair for him, I put jkr and Dr on defense and then nothing else in the back. If he kills one toon I'd be surprised, despite almost a million higher gp. They should match broad with broad,not broad 3mil with narrow 2mil, or the 3mil guys are still not going to want to play
    Same situation here.

Opponent
    qeqwovm96tsr.png

vs me
    7imduiqh8p27.png

Poor **** is going to get stomped by someone with 2/3 his GP.

And the toughest looking match in my bracket is the guy who has less GP than I do because, surprise surprise, it's well focused.
  • Options
    Is this working as intended? If so I may as well start equipping mods on all my toons and taking them all to 7 star gear 7.
  • Options
    Grimstoned wrote: »
    Is this working as intended? If so I may as well start equipping mods on all my toons and taking them all to 7 star gear 7.

Which is what thousands of users were doing before TW / GA ever arrived.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

No, if it's WAI, just focus on the top 30-40 characters on your roster (probably the same 30-40 you've been using for TW, TB, Raids, and arena for the past year anyway) and ignore everything else. Completely.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Pretty sure it'll be # defence teams x 2 that are being used by the algorithm
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    Pretty sure it'll be # defence teams x 2 that are being used by the algorithm
    Probably but we are seeing a lot of inter-Division matches and different Divisions set different numbers of teams. Surely someone at CG must have heard this cunning plan and realized that it was just going to be a cluster****. :(
  • Options
    SERIOUSLY??

m3ahnwa3b6m1.jpeg

Good job exposing the nonsense here! Every single "my GP is less!" complaint I've seen on here where there was enough information to run the bot match-up or do an actual roster comparison has resulted in the same thing as this one shows....the people who are complaining have either a balanced match-up or an actual advantage....and yet they are whining like someone just ran over their dog.
  • Straegen
    194 posts Member
    Options
    Players should fight other players in their own division initially. Players should move up based on wins and move down based on losses. Within one or two tournaments it will sort itself out. Tournament rewards should be based on activity so as not to punish competitive players fighting it out at the higher ranks against stronger rosters.
  • Options

Yes, that's what is intended. CG doesn't want the game to be set up in a way where people can't build up their roster. Guilds are going to be starved for more GP with the Geo TB. If people can't win a match-up that is balanced based on the characters that will actually be used in GA, then they don't deserve to win.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Options
    My opponent have both revans, yet I have...R1, scoundrels, gar saxon, imperial super commando...

I am, well, just let the auto deploy do the rest.
  • Options
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    My opponent have both revans, yet I have...R1, scoundrels, gar saxon, imperial super commando...

Why is that what you have? If that's what you wanted, then that was your choice and why complain? It's like you only want to face people who made the same rosters as you? That's not the point of GAC...
  • Options
    iMyth wrote: »
    q4qnwtxtf2c6.jpg this my league in divisi 5 gp betwen 2m-2,5m,and this my enemy f798c3jt9b5r.jpg
    9s6q7vxb19vt.jpg

Ohhh, the tears of unfathomable sadness, mmm, yummy yummy you guys!
  • Options
    I think people should stop losing their bowels and see how the matchmaking plays out in practice vs just on paper.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Options
    thedrjojo wrote: »
    Phoenixeon wrote: »

Why is that what you have? If that's what you wanted, then that was your choice and why complain? It's like you only want to face people who made the same rosters as you? That's not the point of GAC...

I feel its funny that matchmaking system think I and my opponent are in the same level.
  • Mstrefe1
    281 posts Member
    Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    SERIOUSLY??
    He has DR, Revan, Bossk, CLS, Traya and C3PO —> his “high GP” opponent doesn’t.
    The OP has better mods and x3 the number of Zetas, he has double the number of G12s.
    He’s going to win and it’s going to be a cakewalk.

TL:DR looks like fair-ish matchmaking.

m3ahnwa3b6m1.jpeg

Obviously the 2.1M GP player won't stand a chance against the 3.4M GP player. He (2.1M) only has nearly 3x the amount of zetas, more than double the amount of g11+12 chars and more than 5x the amount of 15+ speed mods.
    But the 3.4M guy has 700k more char GP! I'd bet on the 3.4M guy!

Just saying, the 700k difference clearly isn't coming from the powerhouse characters that are G11/G12. Their coming from characters in G1-G10 that won't hold a candle to a well put together and modded G12 team. You might bet on the 3.4 million player, but I will absolutely bet on the 2.1 million guy with way more zetas, way more speed mods, and almost double the G12 characters
    Looking for an amazing new guild? Check out Boba's Allience: discord.gg/trr93Ty
  • Options
    This guy created a quick tool that will compile the GP of up to X number of characters for any two ally codes: https://swgohevents.com/gp-compare Just for kicks I put the two ally codes at issue here into the tool. The OP has higher GP for their top 40, 50, 60, 70 and 80 characters. You have to go all the way to the top 82 characters before the GP starts to go slightly in the favor of the opponent. Division 5 and that GP should be, what, 5 defenses? 6 defenses? That's 50 or 60 characters for 10 or 12 battles, assuming full squads. And you have slightly more GP among your top 80 characters and you're at a disadvantage? Leave aside the bot match-up that someone ran and the obvious massive advantage you have in the match-up as reflected there, you have zero beef here.
  • Cs99
    146 posts Member
    Options
    This guy created a quick tool that will compile the GP of up to X number of characters for any two ally codes: https://swgohevents.com/gp-compare Just for kicks I put the two ally codes at issue here into the tool. The OP has higher GP for their top 40, 50, 60, 70 and 80 characters. You have to go all the way to the top 82 characters before the GP starts to go slightly in the favor of the opponent. Division 5 and that GP should be, what, 5 defenses? 6 defenses? That's 50 or 60 characters for 10 or 12 battles, assuming full squads. And you have slightly more GP among your top 80 characters and you're at a disadvantage? Leave aside the bot match-up that someone ran and the obvious massive advantage you have in the match-up as reflected there, you have zero beef here.

I ran the tool with me vs the other 7 in my group using only top 60 (I'm division 3). Here are the result.

Me vs them gp difference
    +3177
    +5199
    +1383
    +995

Looks pretty close to me.
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    Options
    Sigh....

When same gp is matched with gp,people complain because they have less g12s, mods etc. They base the matchup around top characters which means you might get matched up with higher gp to create an even match and now the all the others who were cruising through GA before are now losing it lol No one can win either way so just stop sooking and suck it up.

Also all this argument about versing another division is irrelevant, it's done to create a fairer fight and they divided the divisions in the first place so that they ENCOURAGE people to level up their roster without being punished but actually rewarded.

versing someone with higher gp means nothing (as all of mine are 300k+ more but I think I have the roster to win) and EVERYONE is now ENCOURAGED to broaden their roster without worrying about losing their easy matchup that they were getting before.... sounds like the right track
  • DocDoom
    532 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, as lousy as my current matchup is (just like many, many GAs before it), I've got to say that seeing all of these lean-roster folks who gamed the system until now crying about how their "good decisions" are being punished kinda makes this all worthwhile.
  • Options
    DocDoom wrote: »
    Yeah, as lousy as my current matchup is (just like many, many GAs before it), I've got to say that seeing all of these lean-roster folks who gamed the system until now crying about how their "good decisions" are being punished kinda makes this all worthwhile.

A lot of us aren’t on either extreme - have fairly focused rosters because we are newer players and not whales ;) BUT broad enough to cover TB and TW for our guilds.
    I’ll happily take on a hyperfocused or a “collector”. The former I’ll win 40% the later 99% :)