An idea that would make Fives more interesting.

Fives main attack deals physical damage to a target enemy and inflicts speed down for 2 turns. While his passive skill Tactical Awareness grants him a fairly high counter chance with high counter damage. However, he is classified as a "Tank" but lacks tank functionality. e.g. taunts. My idea would be to introduce a new game mechanic of single target taunts. So that you can use this character to act as a blocker. Say his main attack at a certain skill level has a 25% chance to taunt and slow the target. I think that would make this character very valuable and add to the diversity of the game.

Replies

• Options
    Welcome to the forum!
  • Options
    I have noticed that his counter is either 100% or 0% when I face him. I prefer the 0%.

He's good already. No need for a taunt.
  • Oootini
    636 posts Member
    Options
    Find him quite troublesome if geared and level up sufficiently. His counters are really strong and inflict speed down and he has a truck load of health. He took my full health team of 5 to all less then half when he was the last man standing.
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options
    *sigh*

There are already a lot of conversations around tanks and their role.

A tank does NOT have to taunt to be a tank.
    A tank's role is to disrupt the enemy team.

Fives is a good tank. He offers speed debuffs on his basic, allows dps to attack more with his assist and gives a defense buff when he's leader.
    Well defense sucks atm but hey, maybe that'll change.

His counter is a threat to the enemy team, because it punishes AoE. If you leave him for the end of the fight, he's gonna be a pain to kill.

He offers a lot of disruption and forces you to make significant strategic choices.

He's a good tank. He does his job. He's balanced.

PS: Don't worry, he'll become better as more clones are added, and his next basic upgrade will proc his basic twice on enemies with speed down.
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Wouldn't be fun to have a counter and a taunt would be too much
    [SöD]
  • Ramsacraat
    4 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Good points. I don't think I quite looked at him from an Anti-AoE perspective. But for the sake of discussion, I think the idea of single target taunts would make for some interesting battles.
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options
    Ramsacraat wrote: »
    Good points. I don't think I quite looked at him from an Anti-AoE perspective. But for the sake of discussion, I think the idea of single target taunts would make for some interesting battles.

It would be too powerful. Just taunt a single glass canon and voila, you essentially removed a threat without taking much risk.
  • Options
    He's a tank because he has a lot of health
  • Options
    5's is going to be great with the level cap increase. His counter goes to 85% and he'll attack 2x with his basic if the enemy is already suffering from slow.
    He's going to be a tank beast and will dominate if it comes down to 1v1. Unless of course that 1 vs 1 involves Yoda, in which case Yoda beats everyone because foresight.
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options

What? I don't even
    Did you actually read this post?
  • Oootini
    636 posts Member
    Options
    5's is going to be great with the level cap increase. His counter goes to 85% and he'll attack 2x with his basic if the enemy is already suffering from slow.
    He's going to be a tank beast and will dominate if it comes down to 1v1. Unless of course that 1 vs 1 involves Yoda, in which case Yoda beats everyone because foresight.

I can see him being great with phasma lead because of her lead ability and fulliside special that inflicts speed down, along with his counters possibly proccing more attacks . Actually this topic is making me rethink my team hehe
  • Options
    Sikho wrote: »
    Ramsacraat wrote: »

It would be too powerful. Just taunt a single glass canon and voila, you essentially removed a threat without taking much risk.

What about against heal-blocking characters such as Darth Sidious? I feel like it would be nice to be able to control some opponents such as that to some degree.
  • Options
    He got a buff when Rex was released.

Tanks are about damage mitigation, not just a Taunt. Offense Down (Obi, Plo), Defence up (Plo, Ima, Chewy, ext), Slowing the enemy to reduce number of attacks (Rex).

His speed down sticks for two turns allowing it to stay after he counters, making him very annoying to attack early, and his high health makes him anoying to attack late.

He could do a bit more damage, I mean dude did discover the Code 66 secret, but no one believed him.

• Options
    Thanks for the feedback.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Nightsisters initiate has more health and is no tank ... :tongue: Fives is a tank, because the Devs set a flag that marks him as a tank.

Edit: @Topic: imo Fives is fine as he is right now.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.