Jedi Revan back too early

Prev1
The last Jedi Revan event was on April 27 and because he is already a legacy event I expected him to come back in 3-4 months. Now he is coming back after just 74 days which is way too early... I know it's "just" Jedi Revan and you could easily say people should have farmed him earlier but this is a slap in the face for people who expected the 90+ day legacy period. I would have easily have it done if it was 90, but taking away 16 days of farming is crazy. I'm sure it has to do with Malak...

Replies

  • Gair
    611 posts Member
    Galactic bounties 2 was set today on swgoh events. Sure like to know where that went. It has been 2 months.
  • Vendi1983
    3596 posts Member
    Or it has to do with random scheduling. Go look through the history of all Journey and Legendary characters on SWGOH Events. There's plenty of precedent for less than 90 days.
  • Gair wrote: »
    Galactic bounties 2 was set today on swgoh events. Sure like to know where that went. It has been 2 months.

    I saw that as well. Now it’s off the events table
  • Rath_Tarr
    2627 posts Member
    Never assume 90+ days for a Legendary / Hero's Journey. You will get caught out sooner or later.
  • Vendi1983
    3596 posts Member
    BB8, R2,CLS, Palpatine are a few I skimmed through and found less than 90 day returns at least once.
  • Gair
    611 posts Member
    Swgoh events was wrong about galactic bounty 2... probably wrong here. Crumb hasnt updated.

    https://i.imgur.com/DumxsdL.png
  • sigsig
    133 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Gair wrote: »
    Swgoh events was wrong about galactic bounty 2... probably wrong here. Crumb hasnt updated.

    https://i.imgur.com/DumxsdL.png

    Probably wrong here about what? JKR event shows in game as coming on the 11th now.

    Are you all sure Galactic Bounties II had a date? It wasn't posted on Twitter so I don't think it did. https://twitter.com/swgohevents.
    Also not posted on reddit, etc. - https://www.reddit.com/user/swgohevents
  • Gair
    611 posts Member
    I cant see the event, as I've already done it. It had a date, that's the problem. If it isn't the problem, then the fact it's been 2 months is.

    Either way. I totally agree this should have been Malak returning. By the time Malak is back we will need level 90 toons to get it done. ... lol
  • There are too many threads about people complaining characters returning too early. Don’t chase events! Start a farm and finish it. If you can’t do it this time, you’ll be ready next time. Nobody feels sorry for you. I know I won’t when I unlock Revan.
  • Mstrefe1
    275 posts Member
    I always say to prepare for an event to make an unexpected appearance tomorrow, so to farm like crazy (within reason for your own personal level of farming), and hope it doesnt happen. Then you never miss an event's return.
    Looking for an amazing new guild? Check out Boba's Allience: discord.gg/trr93Ty
  • Jedi6371
    150 posts Member
    Being ready for the first round of a release event is tough. Second should be doable my most of the player base. If you’re struggling to hit the third release, you’re probably a newer player. Just use it as a lesson to always be prepared. Scheduling is determined more by the needs of newer content (Malak) rather than precedence
  • jhbuchholz
    1949 posts Member
    I know it's "just" Jedi Revan and you could easily say people should have farmed him earlier but this is a slap in the face for people who expected the 90+ day legacy period.

    Really? Can we stop calling things that don't go our way "a slap in the face"? I almost immediately disagree with the OP whenever I see this phrase now. No matter what the topic is.
  • Then there's the people like me who just barely missed out last time and are pleasantly surprised to see him back so soon...can't please everyone I guess
  • Look, I'm usually not on the side of the CG defenders, but this is just dumb. CG has never, at any time, promised that any events would be on a fixed rotation. They never said they would come at equal intervals, never said legacy events were always 3-4 months. CG can bring an event back whenever the heck they want and it's not a "slap in the face". They're the devs, they run the game, they make the schedule. If they'd promised consistency, you might have an argument, but they never have. They just said the event is rare. I'd think people would actually be happy that it's less rare than people predicted, but I digress...

    Happy or unhappy about the quick return, this is 100% CG's prerogative, and you are not entitled to predictability. It's only a "slap in the face" if you have an unjustified air of entitlement.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Then there's the people like me who just barely missed out last time and are pleasantly surprised to see him back so soon...can't please everyone I guess

    I’m in the same boat, only I was hoping to have enough gear saved to immediately G12 him and now that probably isn’t in the cards so I’m going to have to uninstall and leave a very negative App Store review.
  • Ultra
    4688 posts Member
    Like all event return complain threads, OP wasn't able to farm the toons in time and is blaming CG instead

    tenor.gif?itemid=10042005
  • I'm glad it's back so soon, I was only about 60 shards short on T3, Zaal, and Mission the last time it was here. This time I'm ready, with a just few gear pieces to add this week.

    I'm sorry you won't be able to get JKR unlocked this time - I completely understand as that is how I felt the first 4 times this event went by. It's super frustrating not having JKR in your roster because of how OP he is. I refused to spend my $$$ on KOTOR content (and will continue to not spend on it). But this is the 5th time this event has happened, so it's really no excuses - you chose to prioritize other grinds (much like I did until recently - my troopers and bounty hunters are top notch, I got 3P0 and Chewie at 7-stars on the first try, and Han's Falcon on the 2nd), so own that and either pay the $$$ to be ready in 2 weeks (remember the event runs for 7 days) or get more focused with your decisions and grinds.

    By the way, Padme is probably going to be back soon too - if you don't want to spend on Revan, then you might want to slow your Revan grind and bump up your Separatists, to make sure you are ready for that one. Anyways - I seriously get what it's like to not have Revan (I still think he is the worst thing to happen to this game), so feels for you on that score but I disagree with complaining about these events happening more often.
  • kalidor
    1837 posts Member
    DocDoom wrote: »
    These forums are an insult to everybody who has ever actually been slapped in the face.

    I chuckle now when I see "slap in the face" in a post, since getting slapped in the face is generally a reaction to something you've done very wrong. And so it fits most of those posts perfectly.

    To the OP: 90 days is a loose guideline. Once an event leaves, don't stop farming the requirements! Keep farming steadily. And once you're within about a month of when you think it'll return, start buffering up crystals. That way if it comes early, you have 2 solid weeks of accelerated farming using extra refreshes. The key is to no get distracted by the next shiny thi -SQUIRREL!
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Nasdadjr
    51 posts Member
    My God put a cork in it please. It's not a slap in your face just play the game and quit worrying about others
  • At this point, I am not sure how you can say 16 days early is a slap in the face. If you really wanted revan, should have focused on revan and not all of the other stuff.

    Probably should be farming for Darth revan at this point anyway (or just wait for the new meta), but that's a different discussion.
  • Heres the deal bud. If youre FTP... Lightly focus on rumors... When announced, Solefy focus... You'll miss it the first tine. But 60 days is more than enough F2P time to be 100% read by next event.

    If youre not. Its because you did something else.

    No argument no lying... No whining... You did NOT focus on JKR requirements. And whats worse. You didnt focus ... Twice.

  • I'm glad it's back because this time I will be able to get him... yes I know I'm late to the party. Plus I'm farming the required characters legit.
  • Sharonp
    30 posts Member
    Dmitry13 wrote: »
    I'm glad it's back because this time I will be able to get him... yes I know I'm late to the party. Plus I'm farming the required characters legit.

    I didn't realize there was an illegitimate way to farm characters.
  • Sharonp wrote: »
    Dmitry13 wrote: »
    I'm glad it's back because this time I will be able to get him... yes I know I'm late to the party. Plus I'm farming the required characters legit.

    I didn't realize there was an illegitimate way to farm characters.

    Took the words right outta my keyboard... Legit lol
  • Sharonp wrote: »
    Dmitry13 wrote: »
    I'm glad it's back because this time I will be able to get him... yes I know I'm late to the party. Plus I'm farming the required characters legit.

    I didn't realize there was an illegitimate way to farm characters.

    What’s the point of evening saying that? To be annoying?
  • Sharonp wrote: »
    Dmitry13 wrote: »
    I'm glad it's back because this time I will be able to get him... yes I know I'm late to the party. Plus I'm farming the required characters legit.

    I didn't realize there was an illegitimate way to farm characters.

    Perhaps paying for them could be considered an "illegitimate farm"? :o
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • YaeVizsla
    3227 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    BB8, R2,CLS, Palpatine are a few I skimmed through and found less than 90 day returns at least once.
    BB-8 and R2 are particularly prone, since they move to overlap with JTR and CLS fairly regularly. Which might be what's happening with Kevan if Malak is coming back that same weekend or the following weekend.
    Still not a he.
Sign In or Register to comment.