Jedi Revan back too early

2Next

Replies

  • Heiboca
    155 posts Member
    He shows up for me in 6 days and a few hours
    11udjscxheie.png
  • YaeVizsla
    3227 posts Member
    JediFrost wrote: »
    What’s the point of evening saying that? To be annoying?
    What was the point of saying the farming was "legit?" It implies judgment about "illegitimate" farming that deserves to be called out, and implies that those who got Kevan faster did not do so "legitimately," which is both rude and inaccurate.
    Still not a he.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    JediFrost wrote: »
    What’s the point of evening saying that? To be annoying?
    What was the point of saying the farming was "legit?" It implies judgment about "illegitimate" farming that deserves to be called out, and implies that those who got Kevan faster did not do so "legitimately," which is both rude and inaccurate.

    That’s legit
  • 3 Months in "roughly scheduled" time equals 1-6 months.

    I've only been playing 90 days & I know that.

    Seriously though, 2.5 months isn't a huge slap in the face.

    3 weeks might be, ok, even then its not a "slap in the face".

    I'm sure the real complaint is it wasn't on the calendar at first & then appeared there recently.

  • TVF
    19043 posts Member
    Jedi Revan arrives precisely when he means to.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • DarthPadraig
    127 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Speak for yourself, I've been waiting nine dàmn months and I'm finally ready. :p
    Guild Leader of CHAL | Member of the WWL Alliance
  • Dmitry13 wrote: »
    I'm glad it's back because this time I will be able to get him... yes I know I'm late to the party. Plus I'm farming the required characters legit.

    WE SHALL BOTH TRIUMPH
    Guild Leader of CHAL | Member of the WWL Alliance
  • Lol you guys. It's true that I could have prepared for Jedi Revan earlier. I prioritized the my other farms at that moment and then focused on Darth Revan. But that's not the point. CG themselves said:

    "The first two runs of a Hero’s Journey we consider New and will give at least a week’s notice before their launch. Unlike a Legendary or Mythic, when a Hero’s Journey becomes a Legacy event we will not necessarily post it to the Event Calendar at the beginning of the month. However, the intention is that Hero’s Journey events will return roughly every three to four months"

    I based my Jedi Revan farm on that schedule, which they are now breaking, because it's already a legacy event and should have returned after roghly 3-4 months. 70-ish days is not "roughly" 3-4 months. 85 days you could consider roughly, but not 70-73. Whether I'm prepared for it or should have farmed it earlier is completely irrelevant to this argument. Fact is, that they stated there would be a certain schedule, which is not happening here. I wouldn't have complained if they never said what they said there.
  • Vendi1983
    3612 posts Member
    @Disruptor92 unfortunately CG are Masters of "Legalese":

    "However, the intention is that Hero’s Journey events will return roughly every three to four months"

    You are correct that roughly typically has a "generally" accepted variance, and that 75 is pushing the boundary of what most consider to be acceptable. However; they use that term specifically so that people cannot go back, grab that sentence and then run to EA Help to file a complaint and receive crystals, etc.

    You also overlook "the intention is" portion, which is their real "out" in this scenario. Intentions aren't concrete, just what the developers would like to do. Based on many factors that we aren't privy to (ncluding but not limited to; other event cadences, planned updates, new content, revisions to old events/content, and even tin-foil hat profiteering claims) they can move events back and forth as they see fit because of that exact phrase.
  • Kisakee
    741 posts Member
    'Roughly every 3-4 months' doesn't mean somewhere between 3 and 4 but also less than 3 or more than 4. Their wording just doesn't fit your expectations, nothing else.
    Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Or it has to do with random scheduling. Go look through the history of all Journey and Legendary characters on SWGOH Events. There's plenty of precedent for less than 90 days.

    This is done purposely to shaft its players and choke on some same D by making them get behind or not having enough time to prepare... of course on top of forcing you to build up characters you have ZERO interest in so that you are able to obtain one you actually want.

    Being a new player (2-3 months I just saw the Jedi Revan notice) so no f'ing way in hell im going to be able to participate at all which sucks big D and seriously **** me the F off.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @Disruptor92 unfortunately CG are Masters of "Legalese":

    "However, the intention is that Hero’s Journey events will return roughly every three to four months"

    You are correct that roughly typically has a "generally" accepted variance, and that 75 is pushing the boundary of what most consider to be acceptable. However; they use that term specifically so that people cannot go back, grab that sentence and then run to EA Help to file a complaint and receive crystals, etc.

    You also overlook "the intention is" portion, which is their real "out" in this scenario. Intentions aren't concrete, just what the developers would like to do. Based on many factors that we aren't privy to (ncluding but not limited to; other event cadences, planned updates, new content, revisions to old events/content, and even tin-foil hat profiteering claims) they can move events back and forth as they see fit because of that exact phrase.

    Hmm yeah agreed, you do have a point there. Back then when I read their post for the first time I interpreted the "roughly" as in the stated 3-4 months. Usually if you say "roughly 3 months" then it can be a bit less than 3 or a bit more. But by saying "3-4" you are kinda specifying the "roughly", if you know what I mean. But yeah, thanks for agreeing that 70-75 is REALLY pushing it in terms of "roughly", because it surely is far from the generally accepted norm. I will very likely unlock Jedi Revan anyway, I was just very annoyed that it's going to cost me way more crystals than predicted. Thanks for the polite reply dude. ✌
  • Kisakee wrote: »
    'Roughly every 3-4 months' doesn't mean somewhere between 3 and 4 but also less than 3 or more than 4. Their wording just doesn't fit your expectations, nothing else.

    Even if that's the case, 70-75 days is far from what the vast majority would consider "roughly". That's like saying "I'm roughly 35 years old" when in reality you are just 30. Maybe a bit extreme as an example, but you get my point.
  • Kisakee
    741 posts Member
    As i said, wording not fitting your expectations. It doesn't matter what you or i understand from it but just what the devs have in mind. And they can do whatever they want as @Vendi1983 wrote, even if they break their own "rules".
    Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid.
  • YaeVizsla
    3227 posts Member
    Even if that's the case, 70-75 days is far from what the vast majority would consider "roughly". That's like saying "I'm roughly 35 years old" when in reality you are just 30. Maybe a bit extreme as an example, but you get my point.
    Not how that works, bub. And we've had a wild rash of people doing what you're doing right here.

    You're reading, and then instead of trying to figure out what they mean, you ascribe what is in your best interests as the only interpretation, then frame CG as liars for not living up to your specific bad faith reading.

    The norm is 3-4 months. May be more. May be less. This time, it's less.
    Still not a he.
  • Is it normal for an important event like this to have nothing said about it at all?

    Not trying to stir anything up, just curious.
  • Liath
    4942 posts Member
    mickyluv wrote: »
    Is it normal for an important event like this to have nothing said about it at all?

    Not trying to stir anything up, just curious.

    No, it’s not normal.
  • Liath wrote: »
    mickyluv wrote: »
    Is it normal for an important event like this to have nothing said about it at all?

    Not trying to stir anything up, just curious.

    No, it’s not normal.

    Thank you.
  • mickyluv wrote: »
    Is it normal for an important event like this to have nothing said about it at all?

    Not trying to stir anything up, just curious.

    What do you mean? Announcement wise, lore wise or something else? They gave a one week notice prior to the event due to it being a legacy event, and there are some bits of lore during the event. Do you mean something else perhaps?
  • Liath
    4942 posts Member
    mickyluv wrote: »
    Is it normal for an important event like this to have nothing said about it at all?

    Not trying to stir anything up, just curious.

    What do you mean? Announcement wise, lore wise or something else? They gave a one week notice prior to the event due to it being a legacy event, and there are some bits of lore during the event. Do you mean something else perhaps?

    Where?
  • Liath wrote: »
    mickyluv wrote: »
    Is it normal for an important event like this to have nothing said about it at all?

    Not trying to stir anything up, just curious.

    What do you mean? Announcement wise, lore wise or something else? They gave a one week notice prior to the event due to it being a legacy event, and there are some bits of lore during the event. Do you mean something else perhaps?

    Where?

    What he said. Where?
  • TVF
    19043 posts Member
    mickyluv wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    mickyluv wrote: »
    Is it normal for an important event like this to have nothing said about it at all?

    Not trying to stir anything up, just curious.

    What do you mean? Announcement wise, lore wise or something else? They gave a one week notice prior to the event due to it being a legacy event, and there are some bits of lore during the event. Do you mean something else perhaps?

    Where?

    What he said. Where?

    Are sentient restaurants gendered?
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
Sign In or Register to comment.