Droideka and Damage/Speed

In the kit it says damage is scaled based on difference in speed. Basically it does more damage.

But how? Based on what exactly? Any figures or numbers to back this up?

Replies

• Options
    I can only speak to what I know for sure about it, but here goes!

Say droideka has a speed of 100 (for ease of calculation) and the character that she is attacking has a speed of 200. That's a difference of 100, so that number is used to scale the amount of damage droideka can do up to that difference.

As for how that scaling piece works, no idea, but a difference that big gives a pretty decent boost to her damage.
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Options

Say droideka has a speed of 100 (for ease of calculation) and the character that she is attacking has a speed of 200. That's a difference of 100, so that number is used to scale the amount of damage droideka can do up to that difference.

As for how that scaling piece works, no idea, but a difference that big gives a pretty decent boost to her damage.

"She" & "her"
    What do you know that i dont?
  • Options

Checkin’ the undercarriage, again, I see. Or are you a droidologist?
  • Options
    So what is the 100 refer to? 100 offense? 100% more offense? 100 times Damage?

There isn’t any breakdown of what it actually means.

@CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie
  • UdalCuain
    5024 posts Member
    Options
    A similar thread worked out from the mechanics on swgoh.gg that it's 1% offence increase for each 1 speed difference. EG Droideka 100 speed, enemy 130 speed, 30% offence increase for Droideka.
  • Options
    So what speed number should Droideka be at? Mine is currently at 89 but only gear 8.
  • Options
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    A similar thread worked out from the mechanics on swgoh.gg that it's 1% offence increase for each 1 speed difference. EG Droideka 100 speed, enemy 130 speed, 30% offence increase for Droideka.

His real damage technically kicks in when he has Damage immunity and only say 50 speed (assuming 100 speed total).

So an enemy at 150 speed would get hit for 100% more damage? Is that basically the deal?
  • Options
    Don't mean to hijack a week old thread, but I've been trying to work on Sep droids recently. Is there a good "sweet spot" to have Droideka's speed at? I know how the greater speed difference, the higher damage boost, but at the same time you don't want it to be too slow as to where your opponent takes like 3 or 4 turns before Droideka goes, so I assume it's reasonable to have some speed...
  • Options
    willennium wrote: »
    Don't mean to hijack a week old thread, but I've been trying to work on Sep droids recently. Is there a good "sweet spot" to have Droideka's speed at? I know how the greater speed difference, the higher damage boost, but at the same time you don't want it to be too slow as to where your opponent takes like 3 or 4 turns before Droideka goes, so I assume it's reasonable to have some speed...

I'd say no, you don't want any speed at all on droideka. He gains offense and TM for every turn an opponent makes (on top of the bonus offense discussed above), as well as having +50% speed when he doesn't have damage immunity.

There's only one situation when you want any speed on him, and that's in the RJT/droids counter to JKR. He needs just enough to go before the opposing Revan, which works out to around 160-170 base speed.
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    Options

You do want droideka to get hit before he attacks though.
  • Options
    The kit does not recommend speed on Droideka at all. While I absolutely never follow the exact mods recommended, I do follow the stat recommendations.
  • Options
    UdalCuain wrote: »

This is sort of right. The base attack does 150% offense as damage, which for a maxed Droideka is 6500 damage prior to mods or any other factors. This damage can crit.

Then, if Droideka is slower he does additional damage at 100% of his offense, plus 1% for each point of speed difference. This attack cannot crit but ignores defense.
  • Options
    Yeah, good point about the +50% speed and TM gain per enemy turn. I forgot about the TM gain part. It still is tempting though to sacrifice a few % points of dmg to have it go a little more often.
  • Options
    Stick wrote: »

You do want droideka to get hit before he attacks though.
    You don't necessarily want droideka specifically to get hit, you just want enemies to take turns.
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    It's 1% damage per speed difference.

nl7g6y53qrr1.png
  • Options
    It's 1% damage per speed difference.

nl7g6y53qrr1.png

If that’s the case you don’t even want 1 extra speed on him if you can help it and load him up for offense.
  • Options
    That's right. Put his zeta on him. He will have a 35% chance to assist. Slow as molasses. Sloooowwww.