Can anyone help me out on this?

Prev1
Spiffymatt117
26 posts Member
edited July 2019
wol83z8nr4wn.jpg
jvtf8fjjf30q.jpg
szs5det24msm.jpg

Am I missing something here? Glitch or my hairbrain not reading something right that I should have but didnt?

Replies

• Options
    Mine is doing the same thing. Where did the Darth Vader capital ship come from?
  • Dblade21
    169 posts Member
    Options
    You need all 4 BH ships. It's a known bug.
  • plindboe
    281 posts Member
    Options
    Dblade21 wrote: »

It's not a bug. The requirement is to have all 4 BH ships (and a capital ship at the same star level).
  • Options
    plindboe wrote: »
    Dblade21 wrote: »

It's not a bug. The requirement is to have all 4 BH ships (and a capital ship at the same star level).

Technically yes it is a bug. The bug is that the event doesnt say you're ineligible when not having all 4 ships at a high enough star level. Theyve already acknowledged it in another post.
  • plindboe
    281 posts Member
    Options
    Where have they acknowledged it's a bug?
  • Options
    Vader is using the Devastator from Episode 4 for the event. It’s been a 1 time thing for this event only so far. The Executor is far to big to fit into a phone.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Like half a dozen different Reddit threads.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Oh darn...ok thanks...I wish they would fix the wording in the requirements.
  • plindboe
    281 posts Member
    Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

You might as well say "Somewhere on the internet". That doesn't really narrow it down much.

Just curious to see what they say. If the problem is communication, it's not really a bug.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    You might as well say "Somewhere on the internet". That doesn't really narrow it down much.

Just curious to see what they say. If the problem is communication, it's not really a bug.
    They're the threads tagged "dev response."
    Still not a he.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

It's so silly when ppl expect to find info on the official forums
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    In this case? Yes. Yes, it absolutely is silly, because these things were posted on THE FOURTH OF JULY.

Yes, it is silly to expect official announcements on a major holiday weekend. The Reddit posts were devs kindly taking time out of their holiday to let people know they were heard from the Reddit app on their phone between flipping burgers and watching the sky explode.

They should be thanked. Not sassed for engaging the community on their own time on a bloody holiday.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    In this case? Yes. Yes, it absolutely is silly, because these things were posted on THE FOURTH OF JULY.

Yes, it is silly to expect official announcements on a major holiday weekend. The Reddit posts were devs kindly taking time out of their holiday to let people know they were heard from the Reddit app on their phone between flipping burgers and watching the sky explode.

They should be thanked. Not sassed for engaging the community on their own time on a bloody holiday.

I don't think this means what you think it means...
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

If they're posting elsewhere on a holiday, isn't it reasonable that a lot of ppl are going to miss it?
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    If they're posting elsewhere on a holiday, isn't it reasonable that a lot of ppl are going to miss it?
    Missing it is reasonable.

Expecting official communication on the holiday and sassing them for their unofficial communication is not.
    Still not a he.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Missing it is reasonable.

Expecting official communication on the holiday and sassing them for their unofficial communication is not.

I don't expect anything at any time. I do think it would make more sense to post things here. I realize you are seeing the info as "extra" and therefore anything is better than nothing, and that's fair. But this is not just a one time Holiday post, it's an ongoing issue.

Also I answer questions for my job on days off and Ive never expected to get a medal for it, so I really don't care about that argument.
  • Options
    Yeah its not a "weekend thing" or a "holiday thing." Its an everyday thing, 90%(made up statistic im not sure the exact ratio mainly because i dont really care, the point remains) of dev comunication is from third party sources. It doesnt bother me i got a few weebs in my guild that live on redit so i get the dl regularly. Oh anr for the cg knights that defend them nomatter what, my ex used sore throat spray, said it helpef with the gag reflex. 👍
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    DarthJoker wrote: »
    Mine is doing the same thing. Where did the Darth Vader capital ship come from?

You use Vader’s ship no matter what. But you need to have at least one “real” capital ship at the required star level in order to use it.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Yeah its not a "weekend thing" or a "holiday thing." Its an everyday thing, 90%(made up statistic im not sure the exact ratio mainly because i dont really care, the point remains) of dev comunication is from third party sources. It doesnt bother me i got a few weebs in my guild that live on redit so i get the dl regularly. Oh anr for the cg knights that defend them nomatter what, my ex used sore throat spray, said it helpef with the gag reflex. 👍

I don’t go on reddit at all and only get my news through the forum. I’ve never missed anything. And your ex never said that. And you probably never had a girl/boyfriend. But if you did, I understand why they broke up with you.

Edit: What I’m trying to say is that you sound like a b hole.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

I don’t go on reddit at all and only get my news through the forum. I’ve never missed anything. And your ex never said that. And you probably never had a girl/boyfriend. But if you did, I understand why they broke up with you.

Edit: What I’m trying to say is that you sound like a b hole.

You got the last part right kudos ⭐
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    I don't expect anything at any time. I do think it would make more sense to post things here. I realize you are seeing the info as "extra" and therefore anything is better than nothing, and that's fair. But this is not just a one time Holiday post, it's an ongoing issue.

Also I answer questions for my job on days off and Ive never expected to get a medal for it, so I really don't care about that argument.
    First of all, a thank you is not a medal. If you're helping a client on your day off and they don't say thank you, they're being very rude. If you're helping a client on your day off and you get sass for answering those questions over your personal phone instead of from the office, that is extremely rude.

Second, no. No, it really isn't an ongoing issue. There are just a lot of folks refusing to give CG credit for the fact they do significantly more and better communication with the fanbase than most games. Many bugs do come up on Reddit first, but that's because Reddit has a vastly higher usership and speed than other platforms; it's not a problem with CG's communication process.
    Still not a he.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

First of all, a thank you is not a medal. If you're helping a client on your day off and they don't say thank you, they're being very rude. If you're helping a client on your day off and you get sass for answering those questions over your personal phone instead of from the office, that is extremely rude.

Second, no. No, it really isn't an ongoing issue. There are just a lot of folks refusing to give CG credit for the fact they do significantly more and better communication with the fanbase than most games. Many bugs do come up on Reddit first, but that's because Reddit has a vastly higher usership and speed than other platforms; it's not a problem with CG's communication process.

I'm glad you're happy with things, and I respect your opinion. I just simply disagree with the fact that it's not an ongoing problem.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    I'm glad you're happy with things, and I respect your opinion. I just simply disagree with the fact that it's not an ongoing problem.
    There are a lot of "problems" CG gets blowback for that... just aren't things. They're complaints from nowhere.

If you're disagreeing, tell me. What actual information was released through unofficial means that was not released through official means?

Even this specific case is not a problem. And you know why?

No one has officially asked.

If you go to the main page for the forums and actually look for the place to post bugs, you'll find a big bold link that says "Bug Reports." That will take you here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-bug-report-en

This thread? This is not how you submit a bug report. This is how you ask other players for feedback. Complaining that CG isn't posting the answer right here is not reasonable. And not every cosmetic bug (which this absolutely is) warrants an announcement.

Literally everyone who officially reported the HMF event bug has been answered. All zero of them. But you can also look at a great many issues that people have reported and almost all of them were answered promptly, many of them by CG_HighCommand. A lot of that direct communication they're accused of not doing or not doing through official channels just... right there. For the world to see. In the place they tell you to go to do it. That you can go to directly from the forum's front page.

...and CG_HighCommand also answered a few Reddit posts as an aside.

What do you want? What do you think the problem is? When and where has this problem actually happened? 'Cuz this ain't it.
    Still not a he.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    There are a lot of "problems" CG gets blowback for that... just aren't things. They're complaints from nowhere.

If you're disagreeing, tell me. What actual information was released through unofficial means that was not released through official means?

If you go to the main page for the forums and actually look for the place to post bugs, you'll find a big bold link that says "Bug Reports." That will take you here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-bug-report-en

This thread? This is not how you submit a bug report. This is how you ask other players for feedback. Complaining that CG isn't posting the answer right here is not reasonable. And not every cosmetic bug (which this absolutely is) warrants an announcement.

Literally everyone who officially reported the HMF event bug has been answered. All zero of them. But you can also look at a great many issues that people have reported and almost all of them were answered promptly, many of them by CG_HighCommand. A lot of that direct communication they're accused of not doing or not doing through official channels just... right there. For the world to see. In the place they tell you to go to do it. That you can go to directly from the forum's front page.

What do you want? What do you think the problem is? When and where has this problem actually happened? 'Cuz this ain't it.

Just read this thread again from the top and tell me there isn't a communication problem. Again, if you're still happy with how it is, then great. You apparently spend time on Reddit so you don't miss anything. I still think the official forum should be the primary place for info to be disseminated. That's my opinion. I'm not trying to force it on anyone else, nor am I asking anyone to try to convince me otherwise.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

Just read this thread again from the top and tell me there isn't a communication problem. Again, if you're still happy with how it is, then great. You apparently spend time on Reddit so you don't miss anything. I still think the official forum should be the primary place for info to be disseminated. That's my opinion. I'm not trying to force it on anyone else, nor am I asking anyone to try to convince me otherwise.

It's a negative feedback loop. People think there's a communication problem, so they don't submit bugs here, so bugs only get referenced on reddit, so people think there's a communication problem.

Meanwhile, the developers read bug reports on reddit and reply there, then when the bug gets fixed put it up here in the update thread, and people complain because of a lack of communication. But what do you expect them to do? Make a post in the update thread any time a bug is found saying, "We found it, we'll fix it in the next patch, have a nice month until then?"

Any time it's been a crucial bug that has to be hotfixed immediately, they make a post here identifying it.

I understand that you think there's a communication problem. So let me ask you, what would not having a communication problem look like? Specifically, I mean, not just "Them talking to us more," because that doesn't actually mean anything.
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options
    It would help if they would make sure to distribute answers here if they put them there first.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    It would help if they would make sure to distribute answers here if they put them there first.
    Looks like they did officially put them where they go: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Bugs-in-the-Malenum-falcon-event/m-p/7996787#M28174
    Still not a he.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

It's a negative feedback loop. People think there's a communication problem, so they don't submit bugs here, so bugs only get referenced on reddit, so people think there's a communication problem.

Meanwhile, the developers read bug reports on reddit and reply there, then when the bug gets fixed put it up here in the update thread, and people complain because of a lack of communication. But what do you expect them to do? Make a post in the update thread any time a bug is found saying, "We found it, we'll fix it in the next patch, have a nice month until then?"

Any time it's been a crucial bug that has to be hotfixed immediately, they make a post here identifying it.

I understand that you think there's a communication problem. So let me ask you, what would not having a communication problem look like? Specifically, I mean, not just "Them talking to us more," because that doesn't actually mean anything.

So would you maybe prefer we call it a PR problem, rather than a communication problem?
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Bugs don't go here.

Click "Bug Reports" on the directory and it takes you here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-bug-report-en

Where there are all kind of bugs reported and replied to by CG directly.

If someone posts about a bug here, they shouldn't expect an answer because this isn't where bugs go.
    Still not a he.