Yoda 7* easy with Eeth Koth

Failed to see a problem to be honest.
Team: bariss, lumi, JC, QGJ, Eeth Koth.
Killed 7* Yoda on 4th attempt, no problems at all. 20 minutes spent.

Replies

• Options
    Any combo of Jedi is trivial..... As long as you have Bariss Lumi and JC.
  • Options
    Well, after reading how "difficult" 7* Yoda challenge is, I feel seriously disappointed now. There is nothing particularly difficult. Yes it may take a couple attempts to adapt, but other than that, it's just timing your heals and trying to avoid special attacks that can be resisted. And that is it.
  • XCOM
    250 posts Member
    Options
    Ivan_Drago wrote: »
    Well, after reading how "difficult" 7* Yoda challenge is, I feel seriously disappointed now. There is nothing particularly difficult. Yes it may take a couple attempts to adapt, but other than that, it's just timing your heals and trying to avoid special attacks that can be resisted. And that is it.

You got lucky...
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Any combo of Jedi is trivial..... As long as you have Lumi and JC.
    FYP.

There are teams that have done it without Barris. As long as you have two healers, you're good. A third (Barris, Asohka) is helpful - but unnecessary.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    XCOM wrote: »

You got lucky...

No, I didn't see any particular luck there. It was clear that challenge was more than beatable with the team I had, main problem is that due to large health pool of opposition, battle lasts long, full five minutes or so.
  • Options
    I did it with Lumi, Mace, Eeth Koth, Ashoka and JC. Took out Yoda first. He had Ashoka and Aayla.
  • LRMoser
    139 posts Member
    Options
    I have Lumi, JC, Jin, Koth, and Kit all 7* and all are 1 gear short for all of them to be at level 8 and was not able to beat Yoda. I feel like I played 10,000 matches and really think it comes down to luck more than savy play. I tried all the tricks and nothing worked.

Here are my takeaways.
    - I think it is possible with this lineup and some people got lucky with the RGN....I was not one of these people
    - My Barris is only 6* and if you are going to make the best team to beat Yoda she is the #1 pick.
    - Everyone said to avoid healers but I found most of my success when there was a healer. I would take out JC or Lumi and then beat down Yoda. I got him a dozen times down to a sliver of red and then he unloaded on me killing 3 or 4 Jedi before I had another turn.
    - It would be nice if Jin had a bit less speed for this challenge. I could never use his specials because Yoda always seemed to have foresight when it was his turn.

I am a little disappointed that getting Yoda is based so much on luck. You have to dodge his attacks to win. Maybe if I get everyone to Gear 8 it would give me that edge but I am surprised at how hard the last stage is with how easy the other stages are.
  • Options
    Of course you should have geared your team. It's not that the challenge is hard - it's your team is not prepared. Difference between gear 7 and gear 8 is significant: lower health, weaker heals due to lower health, lower damage...
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options

The problem lies in the following lineup: Lumi (L), QGJ, JC, Mace, Eeth. The combination of Eeth & Mace (and possibly JC) requires a lot more luck in dodging as Eeth has low health, and Mace's special can hurt more than help.

If you have Barriss, she can cover a lot for the weakness in Eeth. Congrats on winning!
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    All i need is qgj's lightsaber.
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    LRMoser wrote: »
    I have Lumi, JC, Jin, Koth, and Kit all 7* and all are 1 gear short for all of them to be at level 8 and was not able to beat Yoda. I feel like I played 10,000 matches and really think it comes down to luck more than savy play. I tried all the tricks and nothing worked.

Here are my takeaways.
    - I think it is possible with this lineup and some people got lucky with the RGN....I was not one of these people
    - My Barris is only 6* and if you are going to make the best team to beat Yoda she is the #1 pick.
    - Everyone said to avoid healers but I found most of my success when there was a healer. I would take out JC or Lumi and then beat down Yoda. I got him a dozen times down to a sliver of red and then he unloaded on me killing 3 or 4 Jedi before I had another turn.
    - It would be nice if Jin had a bit less speed for this challenge. I could never use his specials because Yoda always seemed to have foresight when it was his turn.

I am a little disappointed that getting Yoda is based so much on luck. You have to dodge his attacks to win. Maybe if I get everyone to Gear 8 it would give me that edge but I am surprised at how hard the last stage is with how easy the other stages are.

If you got that close so many times I'm quite sure gearing them all up would've made all the difference. More HP to survive his massive crits. More hp also means bigger heals from the healers. Besides the damage added from extra gear, that HP would've helped.
  • Options

I am building the same team for the Yoda Challenge. Lumi & JC is at 7*; QGJ is at 6*; Eeth Koth is at 4* now. Need to 7* both QCH and Eeth quickly.
    The problem for me is Bariss. It is a pain to farm Bariss. After a week, I managed to farm only 60 shards. So it will take me another month at least to get her to 7*.
    Reading your post make the farming worthwhile knowing this team is able to complete Yoda Challenge.
  • Options
    bariss is queen - u know it
  • Options
    **** I just got kit to 3 == guess I'm gonna build a jedi squad
  • Options
    btw got 75 yoda tokens without trying
  • Options
    Without Bariss : 10 hours of no-luck failures.
    With Bariss : Won in ten minutes, even without being lucky.
    I'm sure you can easily win with Bariss, JC and Lumi alone?
  • Options
    I used the exact same team and didn't really have any issues. Retreated twice to get a better lineup lost 2 battles then beat today. Only lost bariss as well.

Bariss as leader makes a lot of difference
  • Options
    Tryed Barriss, Lumi, JC, Koth, Ahsoka for over 50 attempts, used barriss trick and couldn't get him... i seem i need QGJ next time. He just overdamaged my team. Possibly QGJ (or another DD) and Barriss are keys to victory.
  • Options
    Lumi(L), JC, Mace, Qui-Gon, and Eeth. Finished it on my 3rd try I think. It was pretty trivial. Based on all the crying on here, reddit, and my line groups, I was expecting it to be a lot harder.