Geo TB Way Too Long

Prev1
Phases take ridiculously long. 36 hours is excessive wait time to do a portion of a task for any game. I like TB but lose interest in waiting on phase changes. Shorten them. If anything make them much faster.

Replies

• Options
    Paying attention to dev announcements answers most of the threads on here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/207446/planned-schedule-for-grand-arena-championships-exhibition-and-geonosis-territory-battle#latest

TL/DR: "Our intention with the Geonosis Territory Battle was to have a shorter experience consisting of four 24-hour phases. Unfortunately, due to a bug with scheduling Territory Battles, we will have to extend each phase to 36-hours for the foreseeable future."
  • Options
    Has anybody been able to complete this TB yet?
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    In 36 hours? No.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    The players that run our TBs love the longer phases.
  • Options
    I love the 36 hours when it benefits me and I get bored when it doesn’t matter.
  • Options
    Yeah I have no problems with the 36 hours, apart from when it finishes at 6am UTC which is a bit awkward.
  • Options
    The OP is obviously not an officer or guild leader. I greatly appreciate the 36 hours- extra time for cat herding to try and get people to contribute. Some of us have lives, families, and believe it or not jobs that we need to work at so the extra time is appreciated
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    Our guild loves this 36 hrs.
  • Options
    I mean this is strategic collection game taking months and years to build. 36 hours to complete very tough content with a guild of 50 people doesn't seem that intrusive to me. There's plenty of other things to do in the game in the mean time..........
  • Options
    They aren't going to run it mire than once every two weeks anyway. So the alternative is just 3 daus with nothing. Might as well give the extra time to those that need it.
  • Kilker
    31 posts Member
    Options
    The 36 hr phases are nice for the moment. Each battle takes a decent amount of time and can’t just be autoed. It also takes pretty much max participation on every phase. It’s all the same in the end. A shorter Tb wouldn’t mean more each month anyways.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    I never understand this complaint. What difference does it make if the phases are 36 hours or 24? Shorter phases don't give you more to do. If the phases were 24 hours you would just have more days tacked onto the end with no TB going on. How is that better?
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »
    I never understand this complaint. What difference does it make if the phases are 36 hours or 24? Shorter phases don't give you more to do. If the phases were 24 hours you would just have more days tacked onto the end with no TB going on. How is that better?

Exactly.

CG: 36 hour phases.
    Forum: Too long.
    CG: Ok 24 hour.
    Forum: TB is over and we have three days with nothing to do. Game is dying.
  • Options
    36 hours is too long and you all know it. If you need this many hours for a TB phase, you are doing it wrong.
  • Options
    I like it, keep it 36. There is a lot of learning curve early on, it’s nice to have some extra time to figure things out. And honestly for those of you griping about it being too long don’t y’all have something else to do i this game? I bet your mods are a mess, clean those up and let the rest of us slog through the geo landscape.
  • Dnoff423
    403 posts Member
    Options
    I personally like the 36 hour phases it gives our less active members more time to get in and deploy.
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    36 hours is too long and you all know it. If you need this many hours for a TB phase, you are doing it wrong.

Lol.

No.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    You're an addict jonesing for a fix. Put the phone down and find something else to do.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Fanatic
    415 posts Member
    Options

The time frame is irrelevant. CG isn't going to schedule more TB's if each finishes sooner.

Some rhetorical questions for you:
    Does changing the time frame change the amount of CM's to do, and thus the amount of things to do in the game?

Does changing the time frame change the rewards received?
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    Geo TB is set as 36h per phase because then it will end at the same time as the other TB. I mean its common sense...

Also common sense: reading the dev threads. Which says otherwise. But thanks.
  • Xhedao
    209 posts Member
    Options
    36h is much better, than 24h hours.
    Our guild members like this much more
  • Options
    Then you should seek a better guild with more proficient officers if they need 36 hours to do that part. 36 hours is too long it was already decided by top guilds during beta testing. I am not looking for more TBs or an increase in frequency , I dont know why some just assume that. My guild is sharp, we hit, collect our trappings and we move on. If your guild needs that long to realize and mobilize they should really rethink are they ready for geo TB or did they just jump the gun not to feel left behind. Geo TB is the fast lane if you want to stay in that lane you don't go slower...
  • Options
    The primary issue our guild (and to be clear I recognize this is anecdotal) has faced is people see 36 hours and end up waiting until the end because they have an extra day/night. And sometimes, they literally "forget" because it wasn't part of their "day" because it had been over a day.

This puts more pressure on the officers (me, for one) planning deployments to maximize GP deployed, when people say "oh, I got time to finish this." That shouldn't be the case.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Just quit. Please.

Is that a terrorizer logo or Tesla logo?
  • Options
    #keepthe36
  • UdalCuain
    5022 posts Member
    Options
    wrekincruw wrote: »
    Then you should seek a better guild with more proficient officers if they need 36 hours to do that part. 36 hours is too long it was already decided by top guilds during beta testing. I am not looking for more TBs or an increase in frequency , I dont know why some just assume that. My guild is sharp, we hit, collect our trappings and we move on. If your guild needs that long to realize and mobilize they should really rethink are they ready for geo TB or did they just jump the gun not to feel left behind. Geo TB is the fast lane if you want to stay in that lane you don't go slower...

Define "top guild". We are 217 GP, others in our alliance are higher. We all prefer the 36 hour phases. In my guild we all work (some with rotating 12 hour shift patterns), and most have kids. We get top tier rewards from every event.

There is more to life than this game, and your guild may be able to mobilise quickly but many guilds, even top tier ones, life comes first. We finally have some content that can't be autoed if you want the best rewards, but these missions take time. We are managing about 27 stars after the first two, and I bet that would have been lower with a shorter phase length.

If you aren't after more rewards/more frequent events I don't understand why this is such an issue for you.