How long?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    2.5 years ago when people were asking this very same question, my answer was "Jedi Luke will come about a month before the servers spin down. He will be the last gasp milking of all the payers in this game."

I'll stick with that answer.
  • Options
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    They have a five year plan because they are confident it can go at least 5 years

I feel like starwars finna die after episode IX. Like the MCU will after phase 5.

Not a chance, you have that new Trilogy thats confirmed already around Old Republic era, plus the mandalorian tv show, and wasnt there a cassian show too?
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    My bet?

Five year anniversary.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    CapnJack81 wrote: »
    Apart from the comments, trying to act like they know the buisness end of this game, it's a good thread.

My own personal end game is jedi luke. After that, I'm not done playing but I'm done with the day to day routine. So hopefully the game stays til they drop him and we don't have another (MAA) Marvel Avengers Alliance, where all the end game content is thrown in a short time frame and we never see the end coming til its on us haha

This is why Jedi Luke will never come.

Ha. I do believe he'll show up, eventually, and the high g13 requirments for geo TB special missions, as well as for Malak, just show he'll probably show as an exclusive few day rare event with high entry required go levels and thatll be that. He'll show once or twice a year... question is the starting year.

Either way I'm getting the speculated required toons for jedi luke to g13 and ill be ready.
  • Options
    jjjwar wrote: »
    So we havent seen jedi luke yet. There is another movie coming. I wonder, how long can they keep this game going? I hope a long time. What does everyone think?

You're right. We saw Farmboy Luke, Jedi Training Luke, Hermit Luke. I don't think episode 9 will have him either.
  • Options
    They have a five year plan because they are confident it can go at least 5 years

I feel like starwars finna die after episode IX. Like the MCU will after phase 5.

There is plenty coming after episode 9.
  • Options
    nabokovfan wrote: »

Nah, even Disney is quoted as saying it's on hiatus after IX. I'm sure the cartoons will continue but who knows how long. They prob want galaxies edge to recoup the money haha
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Nadebotfm wrote: »

Not a chance, you have that new Trilogy thats confirmed already around Old Republic era, plus the mandalorian tv show, and wasnt there a cassian show too?

Finally KOTOR will get some love from CG!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    nabokovfan wrote: »

Yeah no. Theres a few garbage animated TV shows and that's it.
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Nadebotfm wrote: »

Finally KOTOR will get some love from CG!

ikr, we have literally 0 KOTOR content in the game.
  • Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    Stick wrote: »
    And while I'm not a market analyst and revenues are in decline, consider the enormity of these numbers: game earnt 7m$ previous month and 9m$ last month. Are those along the line of where you start considering closing shop? .

That’s just revenues. That doesn’t show a full picture at all. You have no idea the expenses. If they are spending $8 mil a month than the answer is yes.

True, I don't, do you? We see this type of revenues for extremely high budget AAA pc/console games that has hundred folds of assets contained within. Could swgoh have a secret very high overhead of maintanance? Since I have lots of 3d designer friends that are working on high ladder both in aaa games and hollywood, I'm rather firm even those studios doesn't have many asset personell inhouse, they oursource it to high level freelancers. This game's needs on that front is very meager. That leaves design and maintance personell which I have no experience about. And a lifetime revenue of 404m$ as of 4 months ago.

Having friends with relevant jobs doesn't make you qualified. My friend is a lawyer but I can't practice law. You're not taking into account that of that revenue they still have to give money to EA and Disney. They still work for other people.

Lolz, I have those friends because it's also my professional job, I just don't work for either hollywood or games.

Convenient
  • Options
    Star Wars has been around since 1977, I’m pretty sure it will survive the Kathleen Kennedy era ;)
    Even if the next movie bombs, it will rise again —> its legacy transcends a few bad films!
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Stick wrote: »
    And while I'm not a market analyst and revenues are in decline, consider the enormity of these numbers: game earnt 7m$ previous month and 9m$ last month. Are those along the line of where you start considering closing shop? .

That’s just revenues. That doesn’t show a full picture at all. You have no idea the expenses. If they are spending $8 mil a month than the answer is yes.

True, I don't, do you? We see this type of revenues for extremely high budget AAA pc/console games that has hundred folds of assets contained within. Could swgoh have a secret very high overhead of maintanance? Since I have lots of 3d designer friends that are working on high ladder both in aaa games and hollywood, I'm rather firm even those studios doesn't have many asset personell inhouse, they oursource it to high level freelancers. This game's needs on that front is very meager. That leaves design and maintance personell which I have no experience about. And a lifetime revenue of 404m$ as of 4 months ago.

Having friends with relevant jobs doesn't make you qualified. My friend is a lawyer but I can't practice law. You're not taking into account that of that revenue they still have to give money to EA and Disney. They still work for other people.

Lolz, I have those friends because it's also my professional job, I just don't work for either hollywood or games.

Convenient

Cut the rest of the quote and ignore the rest of what I said, convenient.