How long?

Prev1
jjjwar
17 posts Member
So we havent seen jedi luke yet. There is another movie coming. I wonder, how long can they keep this game going? I hope a long time. What does everyone think?

Replies

• Ultra
    11514 posts Moderator
    Options
    They have a five year plan because they are confident it can go at least 5 years
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    They have a five year plan because they are confident it can go at least 5 years

I feel like starwars finna die after episode IX. Like the MCU will after phase 5.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    The entire English language at your disposal....and you chose to go with "finna". Fascinating.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    SemiGod wrote: »

I feel like starwars finna die after episode IX. Like the MCU will after phase 5.

That’ll be a good long time since Far From Home just began Phase 4.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    The entire English language at your disposal....and you chose to go with "finna". Fascinating.

Its modern day slang grandpa.

(I'm kidding)

Instagram is changing my online grammar jurastically.
  • UdalCuain
    5016 posts Member
    Options

Technically it's the last film of phase 3. But your point is still a good one.
  • Options
    UdalCuain wrote: »

Technically it's the last film of phase 3. But your point is still a good one.

Ah, you’re right. I remember reading they changed the timeline (phaseline?) to make Spider-Man p3 and not p4 recently.
  • UdalCuain
    5016 posts Member
    Options
    It's because the events of Infinity War play a large part in the film and Peter's emotional outlook through FFH. Don't want to add any spoilers.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    It's because the events of Infinity War play a large part in the film and Peter's emotional outlook through FFH. Don't want to add any spoilers.

Endgame actually.

You know when...
  • UdalCuain
    5016 posts Member
    Options

Endgame actually.

You know when...

Good catch. That was pre-coffee this morning.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Even if no new SW material ever got released from now on, there are trillions of toons they can simply release on the back catalogue. The game's future mainly depends on it's own profitability. And while I'm not a market analyst and revenues are in decline, consider the enormity of these numbers: game earnt 7m$ previous month and 9m$ last month. Are those along the line of where you start considering closing shop? My bet is, unless there's an unforeseeable shard turn point in the future (mass exodus type) they really are in it for years to come.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    Even if no new SW material ever got released from now on, there are trillions of toons they can simply release on the back catalogue. The game's future mainly depends on it's own profitability. And while I'm not a market analyst and revenues are in decline, consider the enormity of these numbers: game earnt 7m$ previous month and 9m$ last month. Are those along the line of where you start considering closing shop? My bet is, unless there's an unforeseeable shard turn point in the future (mass exodus type) they really are in it for years to come.

Sw material is important.
    If they pull another last jedi, then Sw is done and this game want generate a good amount of players, when the franchise goes down.
    Rian Johnson should pay cg the amount they lost, because of that movie

Don't think anything will happen to SW fandom even with 10 bad SW movies in a row. i.e. all SW movies after the og trilogy showcases that xD.
  • BC7T
    17 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    If they pull another last jedi, then Sw is done

...you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

😉
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    JDIII wrote: »
    It’ll pick up a bit when the new movie comes, have good year or 2 run after, and then it’ll probably run it’s course. If the stun gun (mk5) issue don’t get fixed, it’ll be a lot shorter.

Lolz, there's no issue to fix, it's called a bottleneck.
  • Options
    I'd say arena and lack of content are going to kill this game. 10 battles per day that looked the exact same as the 10 battles I've been doing for months. And before that, the exact same.
    And new content comes at a snail's pace. Absolutely obnoxious that we still have to play through tank raid. Counter argument- at least there's something to do.
    And that's the actual problem. There should easily have been a ship raid, diverse meta, new character raid, sandbox, and other modes.
    But we get characters at a drip pace, they take months to farm and gear.
    Lack of content will kill this game because everyday it increasingly becomes less interesting. Finally, new prayers should be able to slingshot EXTREMELY FAST. There's not much point for a new player to join
  • Options
    I'd say arena and lack of content are going to kill this game. 10 battles per day that looked the exact same as the 10 battles I've been doing for months. And before that, the exact same.
    And new content comes at a snail's pace. Absolutely obnoxious that we still have to play through tank raid. Counter argument- at least there's something to do.
    And that's the actual problem. There should easily have been a ship raid, diverse meta, new character raid, sandbox, and other modes.
    But we get characters at a drip pace, they take months to farm and gear.
    Lack of content will kill this game because everyday it increasingly becomes less interesting. Finally, new prayers should be able to slingshot EXTREMELY FAST. There's not much point for a new player to join

This^. CG thinks by giving us more of the same (Geo TB and GAC) they’re providing new and exciting content. Maybe to some who enjoy doing the exact same thing over and over again but casual players will get bored sooner rather than later. I use to get excited about legendary toons but it doesn’t matter anymore since CG will always rig the game. Malak is the perfect example of this. By the time he’s released again, many will have lost interest and the meta will shift.
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    Options
    And while I'm not a market analyst and revenues are in decline, consider the enormity of these numbers: game earnt 7m$ previous month and 9m$ last month. Are those along the line of where you start considering closing shop? .

That’s just revenues. That doesn’t show a full picture at all. You have no idea the expenses. If they are spending $8 mil a month than the answer is yes.
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    Options
    And while I'm not a market analyst and revenues are in decline, consider the enormity of these numbers: game earnt 7m$ previous month and 9m$ last month. Are those along the line of where you start considering closing shop? .

That’s just revenues. That doesn’t show a full picture at all. You have no idea the expenses. If they are spending $8 mil a month than the answer is yes.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Stick wrote: »

True, I don't, do you? We see this type of revenues for extremely high budget AAA pc/console games that has hundred folds of assets contained within. Could swgoh have a secret very high overhead of maintanance? Since I have lots of 3d designer friends that are working on high ladder both in aaa games and hollywood, I'm rather firm even those studios doesn't have many asset personell inhouse, they oursource it to high level freelancers. This game's needs on that front is very meager. That leaves design and maintance personell which I have no experience about. And a lifetime revenue of 404m$ as of 4 months ago.
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    Options
    Right so we don’t have the full picture. I also don’t know their expenses. I realize I worded that as if I meant “no try” when I mean you , as in the collective “ person reading”. I assure you that maintenance and personnel are not all the games expenses, even if your high ladder friends tell you that, but it seems like you’re just trying to sound smart and as if you have sources. I was merely trying to say that your argument that 9 million in a month = game is doing well financially , is a bit of a weak argument when we don’t know the details. I wasn’t saying they have “secret very high overhead of maintenance” as beautifully crafted as that phrase is.
  • EffAPublicEyeD
    242 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Lack of content will kill this game because everyday it increasingly becomes less interesting.

The game is far more interesting now than it was one, two, and especially three years ago.
  • Options

True, I don't, do you? We see this type of revenues for extremely high budget AAA pc/console games that has hundred folds of assets contained within. Could swgoh have a secret very high overhead of maintanance? Since I have lots of 3d designer friends that are working on high ladder both in aaa games and hollywood, I'm rather firm even those studios doesn't have many asset personell inhouse, they oursource it to high level freelancers. This game's needs on that front is very meager. That leaves design and maintance personell which I have no experience about. And a lifetime revenue of 404m$ as of 4 months ago.

Having friends with relevant jobs doesn't make you qualified. My friend is a lawyer but I can't practice law. You're not taking into account that of that revenue they still have to give money to EA and Disney. They still work for other people.
  • Options
    As for how long, the game will continue until the high spenders don't pay for it anymore. When there is no content left to use. When all characters and possible versions are added
  • Options

:D:D
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

Having friends with relevant jobs doesn't make you qualified. My friend is a lawyer but I can't practice law. You're not taking into account that of that revenue they still have to give money to EA and Disney. They still work for other people.

Lolz, I have those friends because it's also my professional job, I just don't work for either hollywood or games. And I didn't make claims surpassing that position. Just asked questions what is it that it contains. That's where the majority of an AAA single player pc games is spent for besides advertisement which also takes a large chunk. The totality of the assets this game contains is merely a small percentage of the type of games I described which also has revenues very similar to what this game has earnt (their budgets range in between 50-150m$ which is also akin to a blockbuster). There ends my proposition.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    I think CG is understaffed.

I mean TWO years to release another TB and it's been a year since HSTR.
  • CapnJack81
    100 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Apart from the comments, trying to act like they know the buisness end of this game, it's a good thread.

My own personal end game is jedi luke. After that, I'm not done playing but I'm done with the day to day routine. So hopefully the game stays til they drop him and we don't have another (MAA) Marvel Avengers Alliance, where all the end game content is thrown in a short time frame and we never see the end coming til its on us haha
    Post edited by CapnJack81 on
  • Options
    CapnJack81 wrote: »
    Apart from the comments, trying to act like they know the buisness end of this game, it's a good thread.

My own personal end game is jedi luke. After that, I'm not done playing but I'm done with the day to day routine. So hopefully the game stays til they drop him and we don't have another (MAA) Marvel Avengers Alliance, where all the end game content is thrown in a short time frame and we never see the end coming til its on us haha

This is why Jedi Luke will never come.