?G12 Finisher Updates. What r u talking about?

Prev1
In a post the devs emphasized that G12 fins are unique to a toon and cannot be use on other toons. However, when any gear is equipped (unless I'm not seeing an option) it cannot be unequipped and moved to another toon. I see several G12 fins that require the same pieces. So, i must not understand this "uniqueness" they are talking about. Since gear cannot be unequipped, once equipped it is (for all intents) unique to that toon. I only ever craft with the intent of immediately equipping, so I'm struggle to imagine a scenario where the "uniqueness" they are discussing is limitation beyond the existing gear limitations. Someone please clarify. Please, present a hypothetical scenario where this limitation comes into to play in a way other than other existing limits.

Replies

• Options
    Brood alpha and sun fac both use the plasma piece as their finisher so they both use the same mats. If you craft it on brood alpha but don't immediately equip it -it is not equipable on sun fac. Or another scenario is you end up with the mats to build 2 of them at once. If you craft it twice while on brood alpha you're in bad shape because noone will be able to equip the 2nd one.

The difference is if you craft 2 stun guns on brood alpha without immediatly equiping them then you can still equip those stun guns on anyone.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    So you equip gear in a sensible way. Apparantly there are people who go around crafting gear on toons other than who they want to equip it on and before they're ready to equip it, for reasons unknown. There have already been several complaints about this from people who didn't read the memo.

The same thing happened with new pieces required to go to g12. There's one component that is crafted from 50 salvage, and another piece that requires the 50 salvage as well but not the crafted component. There were people going around crafting the component on toons they didn't want to equip it on, then got mad that they couldn't craft the piece on the character they actually wanted it for. Apparantly this was the first piece that worked that way, though I always assumed it was a possibility from day one.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    So you equip gear in a sensible way. Apparantly there are people who go around crafting gear on toons other than who they want to equip it on and before they're ready to equip it, for reasons unknown. There have already been several complaints about this from people who didn't read the memo.

The same thing happened with new pieces required to go to g12. There's one component that is crafted from 50 salvage, and another piece that requires the 50 salvage as well but not the crafted component. There were people going around crafting the component on toons they didn't want to equip it on, then got mad that they couldn't craft the piece on the character they actually wanted it for. Apparantly this was the first piece that worked that way, though I always assumed it was a possibility from day one.

You're obviously of above average intelligence. I would like to help round out your genius by showing you the correct spelling of "apparently."

Next, we'll work on not ending sentences with prepositions :smile:
  • Options
    Ok so the pieces are not unique in their crafting. All ionics are made the same, same for fusion and plasma. However, since each toon only gets 1 finisher, each piece's stats are specifically tailored to the toon they are being equipped to. The crafting recipies are not unique, but the final products are. This is also why you'll notice that the names are all unique, e.g. "Power Cell Injector (Fusion)- Jedi Knight Revan".
    Hope this helps.
  • SiameeseLickster
    23 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Thanks. This really clears things up. I feel that Im not deeply effected, because I only craft with the intent to equip while viewing the toon I intend to equip. I see this only causing me an issue if I have enough salvage to make 2 and accidentally hit craft twice. That has happened to me before. The likelihood of such an accident can be reduced if the devs place a warning on the second instance of hitting "craft".
    Post edited by SiameeseLickster on
  • Options
    @SiameeseLickster
    The likelihood of such an accident can be reduced if the devs place a warning on the second instance of hitting "craft".

The thing is that it is literally impossible for any person to ever need 2 of the same g12 finisher pieces, but the recipes are reused over and over for different characters ... and yet for some reason have different stats when equipped on different toons.

Now, you could set it up so that the gear was the same, but it had different stats on different toons... but that's not what they did. They decided that the gear was different - which means you could never, ever, ever require more than one.

So why warn someone, "Oh, hai1 Ur about to do somethihng silliness, but if kidzez are pressing the butonz, that's fine!"

Why should the game ever allow you to construct two of the same g12 finishers at all, ever? It shouldn't be a warning, you just shouldn't be able to do it. My kids play this game. Imagine if they decided to mess with me by crafting a duplicate g12 finisher? My kids are good kids, but it's not completely out of the realm of possibility, and since we share a device, it auto-logs into my game if I was the last one playing.

This simply shouldn't be possible. It never should have been possible. The devs actually agree, and they're looking at fixes. End of discussion.

If you're not hurt by the possibility of accidentally creating a duplicate or of a friend playing a prank on you, how could you be hurt more by EA/CG implementing a fix?

Leave it alone and let the fix help the people whom it was supposed to help while you go on not caring about it either way.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks. This really clears things up. I feel that Im not deeply effected, because I only craft with the intent to equip while viewing the toon I intend to equip. I see this only causing me an issue if I have enough salvage to make 2 and accidentally hit craft twice. That has happened to me before. The likelihood of such an accident can be reduced if the devs place a warning on the second instance of hitting "craft".

According to QA, the temporary fix is that the game will force close on you if you attempt to craft a second piece.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

You're obviously of above average intelligence. I would like to help round out your genius by showing you the correct spelling of "apparently."

Ha ha, my phone adds everything typed to the dictionary. Interestingly, the typo version appears as the middle predicted text when I start typing "appa." Thanks for pointing it out. Leaving my original post for fun though. Ending sentences with prepositions is ok in English:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/prepositions-ending-a-sentence-with
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    Options
    In a post the devs emphasized that G12 fins are unique to a toon and cannot be use on other toons. However, when any gear is equipped (unless I'm not seeing an option) it cannot be unequipped and moved to another toon. I see several G12 fins that require the same pieces. So, i must not understand this "uniqueness" they are talking about. Since gear cannot be unequipped, once equipped it is (for all intents) unique to that toon. I only ever craft with the intent of immediately equipping, so I'm struggle to imagine a scenario where the "uniqueness" they are discussing is limitation beyond the existing gear limitations. Someone please clarify. Please, present a hypothetical scenario where this limitation comes into to play in a way other than other existing limits.

G12 finishers doesnt give the same stats to characters, even if requiring same materials
  • cboath7
    461 posts Member
    Options
    Just boil it down to intent.

The intent is a specific item for a specific toon. That is fine.

Be VERY easy to add in to the crafting button that only 1 can be crafted if it is impossible to use 2. Why leave the loophole open to possibly screw people over. I mean, no one here has ever accidentally double clicked anything ever, right?

Secondly, i see absolutely no benefit to the system or the user to lock the id of the piece at the second of crafting. Once it's on a toon lock it down. But if you're going to have multiple unique pieces with the same bits, it's just trying to cause problems if you set the limit at crafting and allow multiple crafts of a unique one time only item.

It's one thing to say 'you were warned', but not everyone is on the forums and sees that stuff. It's quite another to leave a problematic aspect in the game when it serves no purpose.

Simplest solution is usually best and easiest. Just limit each unique item to only be crafted one time.
  • SiameeseLickster
    23 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Many posts seem to respond as if I was trying to point out a problem. I don't think there is a problem here. I just didn't understand what the devs where saying. Now I think I do understand. And it doesn't really effect me because I never intentially craft without the intent to equip on the same toon.
    Wish I got this many response to my other posts
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Oh my goodness, that is absolutely terrifying. I did not realize that every G13 piece, even if they have the same construction recipe, have individually tailored products specifically for that character - and named as such (with the character name at the end of the gear piece’s title). So, if I craft G13 gear for someone, best be darn sure I’m putting it on THAT guy, then move to my other character needing the same components to create HIS/HER G13 item... yikes...
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Many posts seem to respond as if I was trying to point out a problem. I don't think there is a problem here. I just didn't understand what the devs where saying. Now I think I do understand. And it doesn't really effect me because I never intentially craft without the intent to equip on the same toon.
    Wish I got this many response to my other posts

Change "equip" to "craft" in your OP and you'd be correct.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    I still don't understand why anyone would craft anything until they were ready to equip it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Ok, I don't understand why people can't not click certain buttons. It's fine if you feel you have to, it's just foreign to me.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options

That’s not a real thing, don’t bother. Ending sentences with prepositions has been a unique strength of English for as long as it’s been spoken, as has the ability to have a split infinitive.

During the Sun Never Sets on the British Empire days there was a movement to artificially impose Latin grammar onto English as a way of co-opting its prestige and trying to pretend English was some sacrosanct thing that was immutable—ignoring, at the same time, that the reason Latin was immutable is that it died out centuries earlier and was replaced by the more vibrant and versatile Italian language. Dead languages don’t get new rules.

So bottom line is, split those infinitives, end sentences with prepositions, use contractions, use portmanteux, go nuts. Anyone who kvetches about those made up things doesn’t know a thing.
    Post edited by Fauztin on
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

That’s not a real thing, don’t bother. Ending sentences with prepositions has been a unique strength of English for as long as it’s been spoken, as has the ability to have a split infinitive.

During the Sun Never Sets on the British Empire days there was a movement to artificially impose Latin grammar onto English as a way of co-opting its prestige and trying to pretend English was some sacrosanct thing that was immutable—ignoring, at the same time, that the reason Latin was immutable is that it died out centuries earlier and was replaced by the more vibrant and versatile Italian language. Dead languages don’t get new rules.

So bottom line is, split those infinitives, end sentences with prepositions, use contractions, use portmanteux, go nuts. Anyone who kvetches about those made up things doesn’t know a **** thing.

Who's kvetching? I used it to poke friendly fun at someone and you spend 3 paragraphs to tell me why I'm wrong. meanwhile completely missing the actual point.

Do you understand that about which I speak? :wink:
  • Options
    @TVF
    Ok, I don't understand why people can't not click certain buttons. It's fine if you feel you have to, it's just foreign to me.

So your argument is that you didn't understand that people who aren't you aren't actually exactly like you?

That's ... interesting.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    @TVF

So your argument is that you didn't understand that people who aren't you aren't actually exactly like you?

That's ... interesting.

We should all strive to be more like TVF, then these issues won't come up anymore.
  • Options

It's not "for reasons unknown." I can tell you exactly why. They're pre-farming gear for a toon. I can go on swgoh.gg and see which of the three finisher recipes a toon uses. Then I'll find another toon with the same recipe for quick reference in-game when I'm farming up those mats, since I don't have the toon to G12 yet. Then, by the time I get the toon to G12, I'm already done (or almost done) with the finisher. And if I finish the finisher ahead of time, I'm going to want to craft the piece, so that all the components stop showing up on other toons, so I don't accidently use the components on someone else.

It's very simple, sensible, and how it works for every other gear piece. It's **** that crafting the finishers locks it to a character. The "equip" button is supposed to lock gear to a toon. The "craft" button is not. But with finishers, craft and equip BOTH lock the piece to the toon. That's confusing and redundant.

I'm sure it's too late for them to make the pieces act like normal, common sense says they should, but it still grinds my gears.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Options
    It's **** that crafting the finishers locks it to a character. The "equip" button is supposed to lock gear to a toon. The "craft" button is not. But with finishers, craft and equip BOTH lock the piece to the toon. That's confusing and redundant.

Except, G12 finishers are ‘locked’ to characters well before crafting. Just look at their names.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    There is no benefit to this dumb locking thing.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

The benefit is each character can get different stats from the same materials. Or would you rather have a unique salvage for every character in the game to adjust stats that you would have to farm from unique locations or hope that RNGesus gives you the drop of the very specific salvage you need?
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

You mean, perhaps, like CG being able to do a soft rebalance by customizing the stats of each G12 finisher based on which character it goes on?

Nah... that’s certainly no benefit. /s
  • Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Let the gear piece crafted with the same gear parts be used with any character. For all the things people complain about, this is just CG attempting to frustrate players for monetary gain. Is not an issue with not being able to code it, it's just the worst of CG being themselves.

So CG is attempting to frustrate players for a monetary gain by using a system that results in:
    1) Man hours to investigate bug reports with crafted finishers.
    2) Man hours to undo the extra crafted pieces that have occurred and restore the mats to those players.
    3) Man hours to do additional coding to fix this so that #1 and #2 are no longer occuring.

Sorry, but I don't follow the logic of the monetary gain on this one.