Sick of Meta farming, going to fun character farming

Hey guys I realized that I'm not cut out on meta, I have 4* QGJ, Sid, Dooku, Lumi and GS. Now I'll still be using these guys for farming my fun team and eventually use those guys but what archetype should I use? Or prepare for the future to use? Ewoks look nice but 2 of the guys are only hard farming :/. I also like Jawas but too little for now. Droids are the safest bet but not into them TBH. Rebels/Scroundels/Empire I can get into. Does anybody have these teams to help me make my mind? F2p if I may add thanks :3

Replies

• Options
    That is what you should have done in the first place :) Let us know how it goes.
  • Options
    That is what you should have done in the first place :) Let us know how it goes.

I know :'( but seeing the Jedis/Sith was so tempting, at least I have a team to farm said dream team.
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    Rebels could still work within the meta and be something you want to farm. They're fast enough with ackbar lead. As f2p you won't have leia which a lot say is the main point of Rebels but ackbar han and hoth rebel scout are pretty good together. Luke is decent enough with ackbar lead but Biggs isn't too great so can always add a filler there. Anyway that's just one idea :)
  • Options
    DV_27 wrote: »
    Rebels could still work within the meta and be something you want to farm. They're fast enough with ackbar lead. As f2p you won't have leia which a lot say is the main point of Rebels but ackbar han and hoth rebel scout are pretty good together. Luke is decent enough with ackbar lead but Biggs isn't too great so can always add a filler there. Anyway that's just one idea :)
    Leia is premium? That's a bummer. But farming Han/Ackbar can work for me since I'll stop farming Sid. Also Luke Skywalker was pretty decent until I found Out GS was better for the meta. Actually it looks like I can farm most other archetypes now that I'm not focusing on Jedi/Sith and Meta :o

• Options
    I have a rebel team and they are fun (you need Leia to be meta (I have her at 6) but they are still fun)

When Tarkin and Vader become farmable an empire team would be fun. But empire is the worst squad to farm period. Unless I'm mistaken not one empire person is available in any store. Disappointing as that was my dream team when the game came out. Vader, emperor, with a storm trooper, biker scout, snow trooper, tie fight pilot, RG was what I wanted to run (maybe Maul as well though not empire I love him).

Scoundrels are a little easier to far than empire, but don't seem to have any real synergies or MVP candidates (maybe Lando)
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    DV_27 wrote: »
    Leia is premium? That's a bummer. But farming Han/Ackbar can work for me since I'll stop farming Sid. Also Luke Skywalker was pretty decent until I found Out GS was better for the meta. Actually it looks like I can farm most other archetypes now that I'm not focusing on Jedi/Sith and Meta :o

Hoth rebel scout is great too. With ackbar lead he has crazy speed. And maxed special ability lets him attack again if he gets a crit. Basic has a chance to give everyone TM gain. Rebel teams are decent speed and lots of TM manipulation
  • Options
    I have a rebel team and they are fun (you need Leia to be meta (I have her at 6) but they are still fun)

When Tarkin and Vader become farmable an empire team would be fun. But empire is the worst squad to farm period. Unless I'm mistaken not one empire person is available in any store. Disappointing as that was my dream team when the game came out. Vader, emperor, with a storm trooper, biker scout, snow trooper, tie fight pilot, RG was what I wanted to run (maybe Maul as well though not empire I love him).

Scoundrels are a little easier to far than empire, but don't seem to have any real synergies or MVP candidates (maybe Lando)
    I also wanted to go for empire at the beginning but saw most were hard to farm and Vader was so hard to get and even star up as most people in the forums have said.
    Scroundels didn't read their effects so I assumed they also had viable synergy, But Lando is just too fabulous.
  • DarthMegaBex
    568 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    [/quote]
    Hoth rebel scout is great too. With ackbar lead he has crazy speed. And maxed special ability lets him attack again if he gets a crit. Basic has a chance to give everyone TM gain. Rebel teams are decent speed and lots of TM manipulation [/quote]

Rebels sound nice and fun :D, who would you recommend to farm in arena first Han or Ackbar? I'm going to be farming an Ewok team too on the side since these buggers take so long to even unlock. Chief Chirpa I Want. I'm not Level 61 yet tho sigh
  • Options
    I've been thinking about putting together a Resistance team. They have some of the hardest hitters in the game and a lot of abilities aimed at increasing the damage they deal even more. Most of them are pretty squishy but they're decently fast and with Poe's taunt, you should be able to do a lot of damage before you start losing toons. Plus, they're all farmable.
  • Oootini
    636 posts Member
    Options
    Hoth rebel scout is great too. With ackbar lead he has crazy speed. And maxed special ability lets him attack again if he gets a crit. Basic has a chance to give everyone TM gain. Rebel teams are decent speed and lots of TM manipulation [/quote]

Rebels sound nice and fun :D, who would you recommend to farm in arena first Han or Ackbar? I'm going to be farming an Ewok team too on the side since these buggers take so long to even unlock. Chief Chirpa I Want. I'm not Level 61 yet tho sigh
    [/quote]
    Can't say much for a rebel team but I recently began farming Han over so droid. Currently have him 5* and purple gear. Although not a lot of health he does his job well in arena. The turn meter on his taunt, and added turn meter manipulation whenever he is damaged or its his turn is the shizzzle! If you can take out the heal immunity on the other team, he'll stay alive and you'll get mad turn meter. I'd say farm him first as he can fit into a lot of teams as a tank, then farm Akbar after
  • Options
    If you want to go rebel route, farm Han first, then Ackbar, in the meantime get HRS from cantina shipments. Possibly Luke as well, though I would not use him until he is buffed (could happen).
  • Green_Legend_Ran
    389 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    NS were a fun grind to get and worth having the full team. I am now farming all the shards I can for the nodes I have 7*s of, including buying max toon shards from GW and Arena. GG will be mine!
    Green_Legend_Ran A storm is coming...
  • Kalo
    123 posts Member
    Options
    First order is pretty fun with the bonus attacks. FOTP is a tough farm though.

• Pilot
    470 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I have rhe suspicion that you will lose interest in this game before you make any of those other teams. Most are a hard farm as it is, but without a meta team, you wont be gaining the Arena and GW currency/credits needed to farm an off meta team. If you're already tired of farming meta, then I suspect you will move on to something else rather soon.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Options
    A resistance team with poe lead looks awesome imo
    Very hard farm tho
  • Options
    I love my F2P Rebel team. Still building them up and only been playing with them a few days. Definitely not ready for arena.

6* Biggs
    5* Ackbar, Han, Luke
    3* Hoth Rebel Scout

No Leia unfortunately.

Biggs is the most disappointing so far.
    HRS is a freaking beast! Even at 3*. One of my last battles he went 3 times in a row. Special, basic, basic. Not sure how he got the 3rd but it was great.

They don't necessarily hit all that hard but they get so many turns its crazy. There's times I stop and wonder how long it's been since I was attacked.

Downside is healing. Ackbar has his debuff which heals them up but often there is nothing to debuff. I use them as often as I can in GW, and sub in Lumi, Barriss, or JC if I really need a heal. I'm still learning how to use them so others might have more advice.

They are a lot of fun to play. Much more so than my meta squad.
  • Options
    Pilot wrote: »
    I have rhe suspicion that you will lose interest in this game before you make any of those other teams. Most are a hard farm as it is, but without a meta team, you wont be gaining the Arena and GW currency/credits needed to farm an off meta team. If you're already tired of farming meta, then I suspect you will move on to something else rather soon.
    I'll still be using the same team for a while, I've never been a meta player just wanted to try it out for this game but seeing a Bug crushing most characters, why not use an Ewok instead :3 Tho I don't believe that Ewoks can one hit anything lol
  • DarthMegaBex
    568 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I see the point tho, I should max out these guys first so I'll be able to farm my dream team :( guess more rebel and Ewok grinding until these guys are 7*
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat. I'm farming GS now and sometimes I ask, why? I don't need him, my team is fine. I might get lando, cause f it. I feel like he may get a buff soon anyway and I always loved borrowing him in the early game.