Bottleneck of Gear and Omegas

Prev134
I would like to get feedback from seasoned players on the current bottleneck of gear, specifically stun guns, and Omegas. I may be in the minority in the SWGOH community, but it appears to me that the vast amount of new characters and gear level 13 requires an enormous amount of gear and Omegas yet there has been virtually no resolve in the game to allow additional modes to obtain this gear other than by purchasing with crystals. I just about average first in both Arenas and can tell you that it is not sustainable. Something needs to give. As mentioned above, stun guns appear to be the new “carb” crunch yet they are not offered as rewards in challenges and it appears they show up much less frequently in the shops...other than to purchase with crystals. Omegas are pretty much self explanatory. Very few ways to obtain them (don’t tell me hard nodes because the probability of getting one in Cantina or Fleet is slim to none). Also, even though I’m not happy about it, I understand why new gear such as Kryos are rare, but it would be nice if they were a little easier to obtain by possibly reducing the cost slightly in the weekly shipments.

CG-please seriously consider addressing this problem that I know just doesn’t affect myself, but rather the entire SWGOH community.

Thank you for all the work that’s been thus far to improve the game.

Replies

  • I recently asked this question in the Q&A about Omegas. I can understand having to purchase crystals for stun guns, it is a business. I don't understand how CG expects someone to whale out on a new toon when it will be farmable before it is possible to get it to maximum abilities.
  • Focus on one or two characters at a time. The bottlenecks aren't as painful.
  • TVF
    14356 posts Member
    Bottlenecks and crunches benefit spenders and strategic players. Be either one and enjoy your advantage.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • JDIII
    1195 posts Member
    The stun guns are the major issue! Omegas are around enough though. So many characters need those stun guns and they only show in 2 places to purchase and are rarely ever there. They are supposed to be in Rancor, but I haven’t seen them drop from there in a long time. I pay for refreshing of the guild event store and most times (not all) it still won’t show up. It’s like it’s on a 6-8 turn rotation in guild event store
  • Angelloyd wrote: »
    Omega isn’t an issue unless you like using those on every character in your roster and every useless skill. And gear crunch will always happen. That’s the way this game is supposed to be. It’s a grind game

    I’m a very strategic planner in this game, keep up with the Meta and do what’s necessary to succeed in all new modes of the game. With that said, that does not mean there isn’t a bottleneck in certain types of gear such as stun guns. I understand that some gear is meant to be a bottleneck, but when you have salvages such as guns and carbs that are required in many full pieces there has to be additional ways to obtain that gear such as in Challenges or some other mode. Nobody can say otherwise that there isn’t a bottleneck with Omegas because there most certainly is one.
  • JKDude01
    26 posts Member
    edited August 10

    edit: and more characters seem to need more of them. They said they were giving us x (g12 finishers maybe?) to alleviate gear crunch but with the stun gun bottleneck becoming worse it doesn't help.

    I'm all for capitalism etc, but I think they would be well-served to throw us a bone or two once in a while. happy players spend more (imo), frustration spending leads to disappointment and burnout. just sayin[/quote]

    I agree. They modified the rewards for HSR and that put a damper on things as well. It may be time to ensure a 100% drop rate for Omegas in Challenges, add stun guns to Challenges and follow through with using all that saved up gear to possibly buy other types of gear we need. I’m sure I’ll think of other improvements but this is a good start. Haha.
  • TVF
    14356 posts Member
    Stun gun appearance are RNG just like any other gear piece (although the frequency is certainly lower than some other gear). I will go through periods when I can't get a single gun from either GEC or shard stores, then suddenly they show up in droves. It's all RNG. There's been no reduction in the rate.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I’m having more of a problem with stun cuffs than stun guns. Every prequel character needs like 200+ stun cuffs 😂🤷🏼‍♂️
  • JKDude01 wrote: »
    edit: and more characters seem to need more of them. They said they were giving us x (g12 finishers maybe?) to alleviate gear crunch but with the stun gun bottleneck becoming worse it doesn't help.

    I'm all for capitalism etc, but I think they would be well-served to throw us a bone or two once in a while. happy players spend more (imo), frustration spending leads to disappointment and burnout. just sayin

    I agree. They modified the rewards for HSR and that put a damper on things as well. It may be time to ensure a 100% drop rate for Omegas in Challenges, add stun guns to Challenges and follow through with using all that saved up gear to possibly buy other types of gear we need. I’m sure I’ll think of other improvements but this is a good start. Haha.
    [/quote]

    Just come in 5th in GAC... omega bottleneck removed. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
  • VonZant
    3719 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Stun gun appearance are RNG just like any other gear piece (although the frequency is certainly lower than some other gear). I will go through periods when I can't get a single gun from either GEC or shard stores, then suddenly they show up in droves. It's all RNG. There's been no reduction in the rate.

    When is the last time you got one from Rancor? I can't recall one in 6 months. Also they severely nerfed the ability to farm them by removing the from fleet store.

    Coupled with the fact that many are needed for g8-11 and their availability has been reduced while the character pool and need has been increased.
  • Angelloyd wrote: »
    Omega isn’t an issue unless you like using those on every character in your roster and every useless skill. And gear crunch will always happen. That’s the way this game is supposed to be. It’s a grind game

    I think this is only true if you have been playing since before Zetas came out. I have been playing for a year and a half and have never felt a crunch on Zetas because it often takes longer to farm the Omegas for a team then the Zetas.
  • TVF
    14356 posts Member
    edited August 10
    VonZant wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Stun gun appearance are RNG just like any other gear piece (although the frequency is certainly lower than some other gear). I will go through periods when I can't get a single gun from either GEC or shard stores, then suddenly they show up in droves. It's all RNG. There's been no reduction in the rate.

    When is the last time you got one from Rancor? I can't recall one in 6 months. Also they severely nerfed the ability to farm them by removing the from fleet store.

    Coupled with the fact that many are needed for g8-11 and their availability has been reduced while the character pool and need has been increased.

    Also RNG, it has been several weeks for us, but we had a stretch where we got a bunch of salvage. It comes and goes.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ship omegas are the same way, I have only recieved 1 on 5B in 3 months, I usually refresh it with 25 crystals once a day if that tells you how often it rewards one. I need 103 fully crafted stun guns, so many undeveloped squads that could be useful but are placed on the back burner.

    They could offer a guarantee salvage for 30 energy for various pieces. Either create a new level or rework something like "normal, hard, extreme" for level 9 in both light side and dark side.
  • JDIII
    1195 posts Member
    @VonZant Exactly! I haven’t seen them in Rancor either for months. Ever since it became simmable, they don’t drop anymore
  • JKDude01 wrote: »
    I would like to get feedback from seasoned players on the current bottleneck of gear, specifically stun guns, and Omegas. I may be in the minority in the SWGOH community, but it appears to me that the vast amount of new characters and gear level 13 requires an enormous amount of gear and Omegas yet there has been virtually no resolve in the game to allow additional modes to obtain this gear other than by purchasing with crystals. I just about average first in both Arenas and can tell you that it is not sustainable. Something needs to give. As mentioned above, stun guns appear to be the new “carb” crunch yet they are not offered as rewards in challenges and it appears they show up much less frequently in the shops...other than to purchase with crystals. Omegas are pretty much self explanatory. Very few ways to obtain them (don’t tell me hard nodes because the probability of getting one in Cantina or Fleet is slim to none). Also, even though I’m not happy about it, I understand why new gear such as Kryos are rare, but it would be nice if they were a little easier to obtain by possibly reducing the cost slightly in the weekly shipments.

    CG-please seriously consider addressing this problem that I know just doesn’t affect myself, but rather the entire SWGOH community.

    Thank you for all the work that’s been thus far to improve the game.

    The issue at the forefront is that we are having to use more zetas for squads now. Teams like First order take 1, at most 2, but now we have squads that take a minimum of 4 usually because of the ties to synergy, in most cases with the meta there is nearly 6-8 zetas that are needed. This definitely compounds the issue of needing omegas, purple mats. Everything goes into a zeta when you get the character or squad unlocked and it takes a lot of time to build up enough for the zeta, let alone the individual abilities.

    Stun guns, I think if someone checked my gear from CG and sat and talked with me they would understand why this is an issue. The issue isn't grinding gear, that isn't the complaint that we have. The issue is that the same piece of gear is required literally everywhere. I have probably 20+ Golden eyeballs needed, 10+ Droid callers needed, 50+ Stun guns needed. Do the math, think about the amount of gems needed to be saved while grinding to make a dent in that. The issue and the reason why this needs to be addressed is to encourage new players to stay invested in the game, to spend their time grinding. I am glad to see new gear, because at least it diversifies the grind, but I'd encourage CG to use more of the gear we have saved, to adjust their algorithm that calculates what gear is used. Diversify to allow people to farm many things, and not the exact same thing for years.
  • TVF
    14356 posts Member
    JDIII wrote: »
    @VonZant Exactly! I haven’t seen them in Rancor either for months. Ever since it became simmable, they don’t drop anymore

    For you. As I said, we went through a stretch several weeks ago where we kept getting them.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • JDIII
    1195 posts Member
    @TVF and that’s where better balancing needs to come into play.
  • If you are a new player, then yeah, there is an image crunch. If you are a long term player and you still have an omega crunch, you are doing something wrong
  • TVF
    14356 posts Member
    How would you balance it?
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • No_Try
    3402 posts Member
    Will just try to provide a day 1 f2p (with arena income) perspective as these things really vary a lot for all. Nowadays my back catalogue is almost complete. Everything I'm willing to g12 is done. Rest in wait are future releases, preperation for reworks (clones), g11-12ing after shard farming. Omegas are a concern. That's why I had to allocate a significant portion of my weekly earning to buy all the omegas that ever hit the weekly store. I've finally wrapped up what I consider mandatory zetaing (at 72 zetas right now).

    So my main focus is now g13ing and farming g12+ pieces that weren't previously g12+5. Omega pile is at 80, so not an immediate concern anymore. Stun guns, yellow balls and other old gear are still a concern, but much less so and flowing decently at shop farming pace. Have to buy yellow ball salvage packs from store weekly to complete them to full piece.

    I don't feel an extreme gear bottleneck anymore and I can pace myself to whatever is upcoming. A luxury that long term gameplay and arena payouts afford me. I have no doubt in light of everything that's needed now, many people are overwhelmed.
  • No_Try
    3402 posts Member
    In addition about g13 paces, I'm at 5. Stopped to do shark tea. Max in the guild is 9 (everyone is f2p). Light-moderate spender mates in squad arena are in 10-20 range. The f2p-spender seperation is very real and will only gradually increase. Then CG will introduce the new toon equipments which will cause another layer of spending grade seperation.

    In the past there was this constant concern spending doesn't cause that much seperation...which was true to a degree. Rush farms provided some (since chewie) and now we're sliding into an increasing scale of it after 3.5 years. For the first time in the game's history I agree with the take that the game is/will be p2p.
  • If zetas are guaranteed drops, I don't get why Omegas aren't. They're a lower tier ability mat. Anyone keeping up with metas would have spent a ton of them on reworked bugs.
  • TVF
    14356 posts Member
    Probably because we get a guaranteed 7 per week from dailies, plus we get them from omega events.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • JDIII
    1195 posts Member
    @TVF With the force of course ;)
Sign In or Register to comment.