Who To Add To a Dooku Led Team?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    your qui gon not mine
  • Options
    Murderhole wrote: »
    Fives just to be extra annoying.

Hah that's hilarious. I avoid Fives in arena no matter how easy the team looks.

fives has weak counter that anyone can withstand - decient armor - cant taunt so I'm not a fan
  • Options
    hnewton wrote: »
    Currently I Have:
    Dooku (L)
    Rey
    Resistance Pilot
    Darth Sidious
    ?

Who would make a good 5th? And I am F2P, so no Chromium only or Royal Guard.

Yoda is your best choice. I know Sid and Lumi get an evasion bonus but even with the buff, they are not as good as many other characters. I know because I've tried it. I also know that a taunt seems counter to the leader ability but you want to protect Rey and any other cannons you come up with. I don't have Yoda so I've been running Poe and Hoth Rebel Scout in the last 2 spots for turn meter, expose, and possible early stun. I woke up at #20 this morning, so far so good.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    hnewton wrote: »
    Currently I Have:
    Dooku (L)
    Rey
    Resistance Pilot
    Darth Sidious
    ?

Who would make a good 5th? And I am F2P, so no Chromium only or Royal Guard.

2 must haves on any team for speed, damage, low cooldowns, and call to assists are GS and QGJ. GS can be farmed in 1A of Cantina and QGJ can be purchased in Shipments of Cantina.

GS is a great all around toon.

QGJ will eventually speed all toons up. Also his humbling blow will debuff toons and is great for detauntING RG or Poe. It makes them a non-issue.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    ReyOP wrote: »
    Mazurka wrote: »
    I've been running dooku lead the pat two days and haven't dropped out of the top 10, and collected the rank 1 payout as well. Any squad you put up can and will be Beaten. This has been my favorite Dooku (L) GS Rey Sid QGJ. Enough firepower to get the job done, Dooku and Sid do good damage with offense up.

Running QGJ as non-lead makes him pretty weak though doesn't it?

QGJ is slower not in lead an vulnerable, but Dooku lead gives him chance to dodge and then he gets offense up for his turn. Also his humbling blow debuffs toons and makes RG and Poe a non issue.
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    Options
    I just killed a QGJ Yoda rey Kylo Akala team like Five mins ago.

Congrats. You killed an dumb AI.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    EM650 wrote: »
    QGJ will eventually speed all toons up.

Everyone, please stop spreading this rumor around. That alleged ability isn't until beyond the next level cap, and there's no way CG won't change it anyway given what we now know about the importance of speed.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »

Everyone, please stop spreading this rumor around. That alleged ability isn't until beyond the next level cap, and there's no way CG won't change it anyway given what we now know about the importance of speed.

He'll speed up the whole universe
  • scuba
    14162 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Naifreak wrote: »

Ok. It seems you can win against those team. I thought maybe yoda's tenacity up would stop dooku from stunning and the off up we receive from evasion would get copy. I havent try fighting yoda much so i never knew how it turns up. A plus for dooku then.

It would, but yoda BM is not the first action he does normally. Typically it UF. I just stun the little green fur ball and keep him that way till dead.

QGJ and yoda are great against Dooku and Sid.
    Dooku and Sid are great agains QGJ and Yoda.
  • Berimbolo
    946 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    My mistake
    Post edited by Berimbolo on
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options
    Lumi or Biggs both have evasion up in there kits Daka is very good as well
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options

Why?
    Fives is an easy target and doesnt really contribute anything on defence. Its like fighting 5v4 lol you have the advantage befire the first move lol. I seek out teams that use toons like dooku, 5's, kylo, jinn, etc
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Are you certain? No one has disclosed when the next cap raise will occur let alone how much of a cap raise we will receive. They already have the level 84 bounty hunter challenge showing.
  • Options
    Abyss wrote: »

Why?
    Fives is an easy target and doesnt really contribute anything on defence. Its like fighting 5v4 lol you have the advantage befire the first move lol. I seek out teams that use toons like dooku, 5's, kylo, jinn, etc

@Abyss what teams do you avoid then? Just curious.
  • Options
    xJazzx wrote: »

Congrats. You killed an dumb AI.

Most of us kill "Dumb AI" everyday. Besides, isn't the correct form: "You killed a (not an) dumb AI"?

Another fine example of the "pot calling the kettle black". Oh, the irony!
  • Options
    I was thinking of a team before the update with,
    Dooku (L)
    Poggle
    IG-88
    Rey
    Sid/RP

Poggle would gain 6% extra evasion with 88 on the team, and as for 88? Well, in his earlier description it read "high dodge", and I figured he would have dodged enough to survive until he could use his AoE. Also Poggle would give him speed up. Then the update came and they removed the "high dodge" part from his description, so who knows if he has higher evasion or not. I'm farming him anyways and gonna try it.

I was thinking the AI couldn't screw that up, Dooku stuns someone, Sid goes AoE, Rey oneshots someone, Poggle buffs and 88 goes Aoe. It looked good on paper anyway :smile:
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    Options
    Berimbolo wrote: »

Um, it's not a "rumor", it is written right on his abilities, if it happens or not that is another question

But it's not like someone made it up

Screenshot please.. Cause mine doesn't say so. Current max Lvl is 6 and next will add just 2 more speed. And if you are referring to swgohcantina.com, those are datamined info which even Keaven disclaims as NOT 100% reliable. Plus we're talking not just about 1 Lvl cap raise, but much probably 2 (so Lvl cap 90) and even IF this will happen, looking at how health pools of many toons will largely deepen I wouldn't be so sure that speed will be the meta forever. To sum up I feel it is something useless to speculate about atm, besides keeping to say it like it is written in stone could lead some inexperienced player to make vitiated evaluation.
    Res non verba
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    Options

+1
    Res non verba
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Um, it's not a "rumor", it is written right on his abilities, if it happens or not that is another question

Where does it say that on his abilities? Level 7 skill isn't available until qgj reaches level 72. And at 72, it's +2 additional speed. So we can't even verify in game what it is.

We don't really know what it will show after that. So for now, it could be falsly mined information or simply placeholder text. And it won't be at the 80 level cap increase that the level 8 version of speed training is attainable. So we have plenty of time.
  • Options
    Nebulous wrote: »

Where does it say that on his abilities? Level 7 skill isn't available until qgj reaches level 72. And at 72, it's +2 additional speed. So we can't even verify in game what it is.

We don't really know what it will show after that. So for now, it could be falsly mined information or simply placeholder text. And it won't be at the 80 level cap increase that the level 8 version of speed training is attainable. So we have plenty of time.

My mistake, lol, see, the rumors have worked I guess
  • scuba
    14162 posts Member
    Options
    Nebulous wrote: »

This all that is close to certain. Anything more is just rumor and speculation

iDL5Dvz.png
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    BillyBeans wrote: »
    Abyss wrote: »

Why?

@Abyss what teams do you avoid then? Just curious.

I dont really avoid any in particular. I just hit the lowest possible rank so i move into 1st faster.
    Some mixtures of ERG teams can be very problemeatic tho for sure
  • Options
    I started using Dooku(L), QGJ, Yoda, Lumi, and Poe as my arena team today and had a ROFL slaughter -fest going on, where every toon on my team was left standing (In the top 3, mid Dec. server). Try it out guys...fun stuff.