You must enter a command

alikssepia
46 posts Member
edited August 2019
Dear community managers,

Could you please pay attention to this tread which might have been wrongly placed to the General Discussion section:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/207823/you-must-enter-a-command

I'll quote the original poster:
Last few Territory Battle and Territory Wars, it's not longer been enough to simply place a Focus or Prohibit icon on the map, now we have to explain. Why? I'm not objecting to the option to post a message, I'm just irritated that we now HAVE to.
I now have a new saved message which is simply a full stop because most of the time there's nothing else that needs to be said.

And later I added:
I'm a guild officer and a very busy person IRL. Sometimes I only have like a minute or two to enter the game and set commands for my guild mates. The obligation to EXPLAIN my commands **** me off.

Could you please consider letting us, officers, set commands without explaining them (with an option to explain if we wish)?
Post edited by alikssepia on

Replies

• Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    You mean to change it back to what it was before? Yes please! Most of the time i just put in some random punctuation marks or single letters only to have something there to set the command. Especially when i set TW defense and want to close every territory to prevent false deploys, it's so annoying..
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    Kisakee wrote: »
    You mean to change it back to what it was before?

Yes, exactly. It was fine to me as it was. Don't know what was the point of making explanation obligatory.

• Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    alikssepia wrote: »
    Kisakee wrote: »
    You mean to change it back to what it was before?

Yes, exactly. It was fine to me as it was. Don't know what was the point of making explanation obligatory.

Right. I made some feedback to that before, it got unheard. Hopefully they will listen to more voices, no one ever asked for that change and it's not helping anyone in any way.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    explanation:
    "."
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    explanation:
    "."

How is that an explanation?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    explanation:
    "."

Jep, the dot is what i use most of the time. Sometimes when i feel very generous i'm using a "!" for the focussed and "-" for the closed areas.
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    explanation:
    "."

How is that an explanation?

Lol I get it now that I actually read the full OP. I use a dot too.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Agree...please revert back to the original way.
  • Options
    Pls revert back.