337 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    SWGOH Guild: Peace is a Lie SWGOH Profile: Boofpoof Discord: Buffpuff#3065
  • Psycosaltine
    481 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Im waiting for a "i have 900k more gp than my opponent mm broken" thread.

Ive lost matches that i had huge advantages, and won matches i was way out of my league (punny amirite?)

Best advice i can give is stop complaining, study your opponent, and do your best. Look at where your opponents seem to have the edge and build up there. Sooner or later youll level the playing field.
    Post edited by Fauztin on
  • DadKev
    314 posts Member
    Options
    Consistently 500k less gp in GAC. And I still win! Better strategy and better synergy.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    I had the easiest path ever.

And now I lost 2 easy Zetas and 3 easy omegas.
  • Kevo
    39 posts Member
    Options
    Of the 8 players in a GAC matchup, it would seem the bottom 4 will complain on the forums non-stop...
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kevo wrote: »
    Of the 8 players in a GAC matchup, it would seem the bottom 4 will complain on the forums non-stop...
    You mean bottom 7
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Kevo wrote: »
    You mean bottom 7

Now that its cancelled us people in the top 1 are starting to complain.
  • Options
    Vicarious wrote: »
    Plus, it means my opponent has just thrown a ton more $$$$ at the game to obtain a much bigger advantage.
    And you think it's unfair that given these conditions your opponent will probably get a better ranking on the leaderboard than you do?
  • Options
    This is my profile:
    https://swgoh.gg/p/739798423/
    VS
    https://swgoh.gg/p/913347557/

wow just wow this guy got his entire roster maxed basically with G12 vs me with 50 + G12
    Also 5 G13 vs 19 G13...

You and your opponent both have virtually identical GP for your Top-65 & Top-80 chars.
    You have 14 Zetas more than they do.
    You have in general faster characters and better speed mods.
    If you've managed to get to 4.7m GP, along with those potential advantages, and can't put together decent Offence/Defence then it's not really the fault of the matchmaking since they've stated that individual characters are NOT taken into account, and nor is the "entire roster" so it doesn't really matter if someone has them all at G12.

You'll have presumably 8 squads to clear?

So do a good job clearing those 8 and get a high banner count, then it won't matter if he throws every character in his roster, including the kitchen CUP, more chars used just means they've dropped banners by losing.
  • Options
    wawrzon wrote: »
    This is my profile:
    https://swgoh.gg/p/739798423/
    VS
    https://swgoh.gg/p/913347557/

wow just wow this guy got his entire roster maxed basically with G12 vs me with 50 + G12
    Also 5 G13 vs 19 G13...

With all due respect, this is the kind of stupidity I try to avoid in forums. Completely uneducated and misleading thread, that is only a simplistic rant done by a 3 year old.
    You have 14 zetas more than your opponnent as well as more speed mods with better speed secondaries. Quit your whining, because you have nothing to cry about. Division 1 has a huge gp spread and you're bounb to have these match ups. Sure that g13 are a huge factor, but nothing that can't be offset.

You must be oodles of fun at parties.

• Options
    Well the 50 vs 100 G12 is even more shocking . What is wrong with the matching system???

CG didn't like the results when they paired equal rosters against each other, so they changed it.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    The matchup on paper originally looks favorable for the OP. Faster mods and more zetas should beat extra g13 characters, if played correctly.

But then I see that the OP doesn't even have Darth Revan, and most of his "meta toons" are modded slower then his opponent. So now I conclude the opponent had an advantage because he's better prepared.

Guild mate of mine had a similarly crazy g13 discrepancy last match and destroyed their opponent. You can buy 6E mods and g13, but your can't buy zetas or skill.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »
    The matchup on paper originally looks favorable for the OP. Faster mods and more zetas should beat extra g13 characters, if played correctly.

But then I see that the OP doesn't even have Darth Revan, and most of his "meta toons" are modded slower then his opponent. So now I conclude the opponent had an advantage because he's better prepared.

Guild mate of mine had a similarly crazy g13 discrepancy last match and destroyed their opponent. You can buy 6E mods and g13, but your can't buy zetas or skill.

Some of us have old zetas that we don’t use in GA. Just a couple off the top of my head are QGJ and Cody. Zetas add ten times the GP that a G13 does. On the other hand, most peoples G13 chars are used in GA matches.

According to some, having old zetas that are completely worthless makes us dumb and uneducated and 3 year olds....

whole world is upside down...
    Post edited by Fauztin on
  • Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Well the 50 vs 100 G12 is even more shocking . What is wrong with the matching system???

CG didn't like the results when they paired equal rosters against each other, so they changed it.

When did they do that
  • Options
    People act like G13 is somehow unbeatable. A team that counters a G12 team will still counter that same team at G13 even if your counter team is still G12 in my experience.
  • Options
    People act like G13 is somehow unbeatable. A team that counters a G12 team will still counter that same team at G13 even if your counter team is still G12 in my experience.

Your experience is terrible.

Try taking a G12 Padme or JKR+Thrawn against a G12 DR/Malak.

Then try against a full G13.

Night and day.
  • Options

Your experience is terrible.

Try taking a G12 Padme or JKR+Thrawn against a G12 DR/Malak.

Then try against a full G13.

Night and day.

With a limited number of exceptions (DR/Malak, maybe NS), I think he's right. Adding G13 does not stop the old counters for the most part. Padme, GG, JKR, Geos, teams that beat them at G12 can typically beat them at G13.
  • Options
    Something no one has mentioned yet - this was round 1. Round 1 is going to have the worst matchups. The stronger rosters will move to the next league while the overmatched stay at carbonite. Then in rounds 2-4 the brackets will be much more closely matched. At least that was my experience in the first GAC. Round 1 was a cake walk, then every match in Rounds 2-4 was reasonably close (actually close, as in very competitive. Not necessarily close in GP).
  • Options
    jkray622 wrote: »

This is systematically untrue. Only so many zeta's actually matter or can make a big enough effect.
    And it doesn't equate to having full extra G12 teams he can use to set defense or use on offense.
    A Full G12 team is way better then one toon at G10 with a zeta that might be mediocre at best anyway.

Same for your mod story. This isn't so clear cookie cut. There are too many factors involved to make such judgements. -1. what mods are the teams on for example. 2. on defense/offense. 3. Does it even matter and can you get full banners with slower mods anyway; are some of the factors.

Yes I don't have Darth Revan, no malak aswel.
    Im not saying it is impossible but it is INCREASINGLY unlikely to win with such stats/favors if the opponent knows what he is doing.

In the end, it is WAY to shortsighted to say. Opponent A. has more zeta's so he it's an easy win or even to say he has an advantage.