Revan is so broken that whenever a rework comes I don't feel excited any more.

2Next

Replies

• SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    Danubiss wrote: »
    Not every team or rework needs to be meta. People really need to realise that.

And not every team in the top 100 shouldd be a Darth Revan variant, I would love to see EA nerf both darth revan squads and revan squads so they were just barely viable as a top tier team. I do not care about the lore of teams and if they are stronger. What they really need to stop doing is coming up with op skills that are not really counter able until they make a character to directly counter that ability. That is a broken system that guarantees, that only the latest squad is #1. In just about any other game when you look at the top squads they are varied, but only in this game do you find every squad in the top 50 arena being the same Darth Revan variant, or a variant of Thrawn in fleet arena. The developers are so freaking lazy in this game. The only thing that saves this game is balance, and that is the one thing we will never have.

The thing is, the devs aren't lazy. They're understaffed.

And, nerfing these teams will upset their investors (whales) and everyone else.
  • Options
    SemiGod wrote: »

And not every team in the top 100 shouldd be a Darth Revan variant, I would love to see EA nerf both darth revan squads and revan squads so they were just barely viable as a top tier team. I do not care about the lore of teams and if they are stronger. What they really need to stop doing is coming up with op skills that are not really counter able until they make a character to directly counter that ability. That is a broken system that guarantees, that only the latest squad is #1. In just about any other game when you look at the top squads they are varied, but only in this game do you find every squad in the top 50 arena being the same Darth Revan variant, or a variant of Thrawn in fleet arena. The developers are so freaking lazy in this game. The only thing that saves this game is balance, and that is the one thing we will never have.

Both points are irrelevant. This game will have a smaller player base sooner rather than later if they don't change things, I have been here since release and the game has become a boring **** fest, I am about to uninstall, this game is not fun anymore. It is always pushing you to have the latest character it has become a shameless cash grab. You should be able to be competitive in arena with any team as long as you have put the work in to make them great, but thats not what they do, I haven't fought anyone but Darth Revan or Revan for almost a year now. This game is dying.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    The game has never worked that way (any team you put work into being good in arena), at least not in the 2.5 years I've been playing. If it did work that way, no one would spend on the meta.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    willennium wrote: »

What did you expect 4 clones and a jedi to kill sith lords?

Let's not pretend that lore really matters when it comes to the game. Enfys Nest can solo a maxed out Shaak-Ti clone squad here. I mean, she was great in the Solo movie, but not destroy a Jedi commander and a squad of clones on her own great.

Also, Mace Windu(one of the strongest Jedi ever, according to lore) loses to pretty much everyone...

#reworkWindu

I doubt nest will still be able to soli clones after the reworks. Rex's increased damage and echo's max health dmg on an evade should make nest easier to take down.
  • Options
    Just a thought.

There's no paywall so it won't be meta.

Even ep lead after reworks req sion then traya to be meta.

So they may release a toon later that makes clones meta but it won't be meta as is. And you shouldn't expect it to be.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    The game has never worked that way (any team you put work into being good in arena), at least not in the 2.5 years I've been playing. If it did work that way, no one would spend on the meta.

You are pretty narrow minded and, it did used to be that way.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

You are pretty narrow minded and, it did used to be that way.

What you call narrow minded, I call realistic. The devs make money by creating metas.

Pray tell, during which meta was any team able to compete?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    haha, powercreep is so bad that you won't get excited anymore by non-powercreeped toons.
    that's amazing.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Powercreep is a great band name.
  • Options

Make gearing characters a bigger grind but all characters are of roughly equal value. That way players get to choose what characters/play styles they like and then be selective of the characters they gear. If someone wants to gear everything, they’ll need to whale out.

This is just one simple adjustment to how this game works that would eliminate new characters being the meta and still allow CG to make money. I’ve been playing for 2.5 years too and new characters have almost always been the meta which tells me that CG doesn’t want to try something else.

Maybe g13 and relics will right the ship, but I think the time to tell that is at the end of this year when we get episode 9 toons. If those toons are the new Revan teams then it just means that new characters will continue to be the meta and using thought for arena will stay gone.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Using thought for arena is never gone when counters can get to 1.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

Both points are irrelevant. This game will have a smaller player base sooner rather than later if they don't change things, I have been here since release and the game has become a boring **** fest, I am about to uninstall, this game is not fun anymore. It is always pushing you to have the latest character it has become a shameless cash grab. You should be able to be competitive in arena with any team as long as you have put the work in to make them great, but thats not what they do, I haven't fought anyone but Darth Revan or Revan for almost a year now. This game is dying.

how is this different than in the past? I find it odd that people lump jkr in with drev just bc they share a name. It's not an almost year-long meta just bc two completely different teams with opposite playstyles both share a character name. A brand new meta came with drev, which obliterated and replaced the old meta, jkr, who replaced traya etc etc. And counters can win and get to #1.

Now, I do agree that they seem to be pushing us more than in the past, but it's not like this wasn't a thing when the meta was cls. They pushed us to get hsth teams to get traya. and on
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    I'd rather have the current meta teams be nerfed than have other characters reworked to beat them. That'll just make the power creep even worse.
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • Options

Let's not pretend that lore really matters when it comes to the game. Enfys Nest can solo a maxed out Shaak-Ti clone squad here. I mean, she was great in the Solo movie, but not destroy a Jedi commander and a squad of clones on her own great.

Also, Mace Windu(one of the strongest Jedi ever, according to lore) loses to pretty much everyone...

#reworkWindu

I doubt nest will still be able to soli clones after the reworks. Rex's increased damage and echo's max health dmg on an evade should make nest easier to take down.

Just wait until she gets her Relic Amplifier...
  • Options

#reworkWindu

Yeah but everyone else gets one too so it'll likely be a wash over all. Much like g13 is. Sure sime characters will be more important than others to put the relic on but no one can say whether nest will or will not be one of them.
  • Options
    And the clones get their relic amplifier.

However, regardless of what Nest's relic does, it's hard to argue with several hundred percent damage.
    Still not a he.
  • Options

Make gearing characters a bigger grind but all characters are of roughly equal value. That way players get to choose what characters/play styles they like and then be selective of the characters they gear. If someone wants to gear everything, they’ll need to whale out.

This is just one simple adjustment to how this game works that would eliminate new characters being the meta and still allow CG to make money. I’ve been playing for 2.5 years too and new characters have almost always been the meta which tells me that CG doesn’t want to try something else.

Maybe g13 and relics will right the ship, but I think the time to tell that is at the end of this year when we get episode 9 toons. If those toons are the new Revan teams then it just means that new characters will continue to be the meta and using thought for arena will stay gone.

That would leave little or no incentive to get a new toon though. If you can max gear one team and have it be competitive in arena forever, why buy new toons. For this to work, you'd have to constantly up the gear cap to keep people grinding. And that just doesn't sound fun.

• Options

#reworkWindu

Yeah but everyone else gets one too so it'll likely be a wash over all. Much like g13 is. Sure sime characters will be more important than others to put the relic on but no one can say whether nest will or will not be one of them.

I realize this. That was just meant as a tongue in cheek reply.
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    And the clones get their relic amplifier.

However, regardless of what Nest's relic does, it's hard to argue with several hundred percent damage.

Well, my original point was that lore doesn't translate to strength in this game. The poster I was responding to was asserting that OP was ridiculous in expecting that "1 jedi and 4 clones" can beat a team of sith lords. The purpose of my response wasn't to say that Nest was going to be the permanent counter to clones, it was just saying that the meta doesn't care if you're using a canonically powerful character or not. If that was the case, then Darth Nihilus would pretty much be able to take on the entire roster on his own with one good use of his force drain.
  • Options
    Drim wrote: »
    Ya we all know clones can only kill like every Jedi including the one that’s going to be the new meta...

Not really.

Jedi are stronger than clones

But when you have an element of surprise and outnumbered by 1000s obviously they would win

It's like saying those random natives were stronger than Rome when in reality they were just outnumbered by thousands

Yeah, no. Battle Precognition would prevent Revan from ever being snuck up on. He could just force storm the entire Army. He could call a meteor from space and annihilate their ship in orbit.
    I only see a meta shift coming with EP IX content.
    Lore wise, only Meetra should be able to beat Revan or an older Sith Lord could.
  • Options

That would leave little or no incentive to get a new toon though. If you can max gear one team and have it be competitive in arena forever, why buy new toons. For this to work, you'd have to constantly up the gear cap to keep people grinding. And that just doesn't sound fun.

I’ve played other games similar to this one that made that work. Whales would always spend to upgrade the new guy to max right away. F2p people would have to be strategic on who they gear...sometimes a f2p set was effective in pvp and with other new toons it was completely useless. It came down to play styles and what people liked to do...not what the producers released most recently.
  • Options
    Ya we all know clones can only kill like every Jedi including the one that’s going to be the new meta...

Not really.

But when you have an element of surprise and outnumbered by 1000s obviously they would win

It's like saying those random natives were stronger than Rome when in reality they were just outnumbered by thousands

Yeah, no. Battle Precognition would prevent Revan from ever being snuck up on. He could just force storm the entire Army. He could call a meteor from space and annihilate their ship in orbit.
    Lore wise, only Meetra should be able to beat Revan or an older Sith Lord could.

All that stuff should never be Canon, the force abilities some of these old school sith Lords have are ludicrous and honestly nowhere near what Lucas intended, it makes no sense really
  • Options
    Kokie wrote: »
    This argument again? We have padme who can beat malak. We have GG that can beat malak. Both of these counter teams can be beaten by older metas. Power creep is an natural step in the evolution of every game and SWGOH has done a great job of balancing power vs variety. Every team can be beaten by some team. Either we learn to adapt or learn to complain. I love this game so I choose to adapt.

Even g11 Geos with a single zeta are beating g12 JKR squads with mediocre mods these days. There's a pretty good chance for the 501st with Ahsoka under Shaak Ti lead to become equally powerful.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

Not really.

All that stuff should never be Canon, the force abilities some of these old school sith Lords have are ludicrous and honestly nowhere near what Lucas intended, it makes no sense really

Lucas intended the prequels so he lost any say in what makes sense.
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

how is this different than in the past? I find it odd that people lump jkr in with drev just bc they share a name. It's not an almost year-long meta just bc two completely different teams with opposite playstyles both share a character name. A brand new meta came with drev, which obliterated and replaced the old meta, jkr, who replaced traya etc etc. And counters can win and get to #1.

Now, I do agree that they seem to be pushing us more than in the past, but it's not like this wasn't a thing when the meta was cls. They pushed us to get hsth teams to get traya. and on

3p0, amidala, all the new star wars characters when released were hardly meta, and many others, yet all of us original star wars fans have hardly heard of revan, yet he is the most powerful jedi?? I have been playing since 2015 and this game was very diverse in arena for about a 1 and a half, even when they released new characters they weren't so godly like revan that you couldn't compete unless you had x team to counter like now. There wasn't protection either so you had to be very strategic to beat someone, but you could do it with several different teams, and you rarely fought the same comp. I felt like I could farm who I wanted and make an interesting team and still compete and I did. At one point I had ST. Han with a nightsister comp that was pretty bad ****. now if I don't have x character with x, x , x and x, i am unlikely to be able to compete. Now literally in my top 50 it is all D Revan, nothing else, and it is so freaking boring.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    "not every rework is meant to be meta"?

How about no rework ever will be meta ever again?

Like what kind of excuse is that.

The first 2 posters I question their knowledge.

When Palp was reworked he did change the meta.

How many reworks have happened since then? many, many reworks. How many have had an effect on arena? 0. Since Revan spawned after Traya, nothing but them can exist in arena. Don't use a poor excuse to excuse this fact.
  • Options
    Gorem wrote: »
    How many reworks have happened since then? many, many reworks. How many have had an effect on arena? 0. Since Revan spawned after Traya, nothing but them can exist in arena. Don't use a poor excuse to excuse this fact.
    Grievous & co had impact. Twice. Yoda had impact. Clone Wars trio had impact.

Hunters didn't. The rest of Separatists didn't. Finn didn't. Clones probably won't, but we'll see.

Some impact. Some don't. Same as always.
    Still not a he.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Gorem wrote: »
    "not every rework is meant to be meta"?

How about no rework ever will be meta ever again?

Like what kind of excuse is that.

The first 2 posters I question their knowledge.

When Palp was reworked he did change the meta.

That is not true. Did any become the meta, no, but both GG and JKA are now part of solid counter teams that can be used to win matches someone couldnt in a mirror. So yes that does effect arena.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options