Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    plindboe wrote: »
    If I were a new player I wouldn't mind that there are some nice characters I wouldn't be able to farm early in the game. On the contrary, I find it exciting when there are goals to work towards. Having to improve my roster, to be able to 3* a certain difficult node is one of the things I used to like about this game. For instance unlocking the light side Baze node was quite challenging in the early days, and it was awesome to work towards this goal and finally beat it. I've 3*ed all nodes a long time ago though, so that part of the game is over unfortunately.

How about some nice characters you wouldn't be able to farm ever? Heck, there are characters I, as a veteran, will never 7*.

name 1 character you like but aren't able to 7*?

Baze, just off the top of my head. Then there are characters like Lobot or Urrrr, but those are good mostly for platoons. There are too many energy sinks to 7* everything and they keep adding.

If you really liked baze, you would have had him by now. Nothing prevented you from getting him except for your own choices.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    If I were a new player I wouldn't mind that there are some nice characters I wouldn't be able to farm early in the game. On the contrary, I find it exciting when there are goals to work towards. Having to improve my roster, to be able to 3* a certain difficult node is one of the things I used to like about this game. For instance unlocking the light side Baze node was quite challenging in the early days, and it was awesome to work towards this goal and finally beat it. I've 3*ed all nodes a long time ago though, so that part of the game is over unfortunately.

How about some nice characters you wouldn't be able to farm ever? Heck, there are characters I, as a veteran, will never 7*.

Baze, just off the top of my head. Then there are characters like Lobot or Urrrr, but those are good mostly for platoons. There are too many energy sinks to 7* everything and they keep adding.

You are perfectly able to farm those characters. They may not be the best choices, but that doesn't mean that they are "nice characters you wouldn't be able to farm ever", as you put it. In a game like this, there will always be choices that are better than others. There's no way to make all choices equal.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

If you really liked baze, you would have had him by now. Nothing prevented you from getting him except for your own choices.

Yes, even veterans have to compromise. Now imagine the situation new players face.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    I'd tell them to work on their ships.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

Yes, even veterans have to compromise. Now imagine the situation new players face.
    345lm3tohwjw.jpg
    This is the bottom of my inventory. All my non 7* toons except Shaak Ti. I'm a second week player who took a 4 months-long break at some point. 3 refreshes on normal energy, 3 on fleet energy, 0 on cantina unless there is release like Brood. I don't buy shards from shipments.

If you are a newer player, you need to make sacrifices. There are several hard node farms that are next to useless. As for veterans, you end up finishing you farms some time sooner or later unless we get a marquee overload like last year.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Yea, which is a good thing. You know, the whole resources management aspect of the game..
    Anyway, you're making an entirely different point than the OP and what you're saying now isn't really the same thing as the comment i replied to.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    But all new players are in the same boat, so there’s no issue.

They’re not competing with The Average FTP player like you, so these toons taking longer to farm is not a problem.

Have you considered the possibility that new players just want to use the new characters and not the old ones? Why should I have to farm rogue one and not just entirely skip it if I'm a new player? Or why even bother with Palpatine, or even Thrawn and the Phoenix, they are old content for some maybe boring and they just don't want to invest in them at all.

Firstly you dont have to. As to why, because it's a collection game.

Anyone who avoided R1 or Phoenix, had a bad time in fleet for a while until they made it up.

Anyone who thinks choosing to not get Thrawn is missing out on one of the most versatile toons in game, still.

If you are going to mention toons new players should not go for, please for the love if all things Sith, stop naming toons that are still useful.
  • Options
    My dude, I think you're arguing for the wrong thing. Character shards are really easy to get. The tough part is gear, zetas, and imo credits. Arguably, the initial travel to level 85 takes too long.
    I agree that some older characters like the vets can be moved to easier locations. To stick with your tree analogy you need roots (Phoenix, rebels, fo) to build your trunk (cls, resistance, empire) then choose your branches (se, gr, sd, clones) to max gear. I think the older teams can be great if they were able to be brought to a higher gear level easily by new players. G13/relics should be tough for EVERYONE to gear to necessary level to make the game profitable.
    I disagree with others in that I believe newer players should have hopes to work into better guilds. A player that's dedicated 6 months to the game should still be an asset that can play with their veteran counterparts. I want to be able to recommend this game to friends and believe we can play in the same guild eventually without having to take a huge step down.
    To conclude, i'm hopeful about the devs last post about making old gear levels easier. Getting to g11 should be easy for the health of the game.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

Yea, which is a good thing. You know, the whole resources management aspect of the game..
    Anyway, you're making an entirely different point than the OP and what you're saying now isn't really the same thing as the comment i replied to.

Yeah, in my previous comment, I didn't specifically say that veterans are missing fewer and less important characters than new players, if you want to nitpick. And I agree with OP that stores should be revived (see my signature), I just wouldn't be that picky with the selection of characters.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Level 85 doesn't take too long. You get there and then there's nowhere else to go for a much longer time.
  • Options
    Why do these threads often get sent to the doldrums of Feedback / General?
  • Options
    I fail to see what makes Shaak Ti so good or valuable other than the fact that she's the newest character. I fail to see why new players need to wait to farm a character that isn't meta or anywhere close to being meta, which being forced to farm older characters instead. I fail to see why even veterans should have to spend 6 months for a mediocre character and that's just shards, 7 stars isn't much without gear, in fact the sooner you can 7 star her the sooner you may end up spending crystals to gear her, or in my case not gear her, so whether she's 7 stars or not it makes a small difference.

Bossk is actually quite old at this point, I do think players should be able to access him day 1, so is Jango, Embo, Mother Talzin, Wicket, GG. The game isn't going to last forever and between now the day the servers shut down even more characters will be added. Anyone who doesn't see why it's important to shorten the farms of certain characters so that new and even a bit older accounts can catch up and have a relative decent time to enjoy the characters is just fooling themselves. 6 month long farms shouldn't be a thing at all, and if that reduces the revenue from shards then so be it, there's plenty of other revenue generation mechanics in the game. They added these relics which surely won't be free, they added more gear levels, once upon a Time we didn't have 13 gear levels, we only had 11, and if we further back it was even less. They added kyros which we need 10 boatloads of, and there are still mods, which they are insisting to keep them stupid hard to farm. So we have more than ever before revenue generating streams for the game so I don't see how reducing the shard one to help new players is going to be this bad.
  • Options

Come one now, don't act like you don't know why 😅😅
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I fail to see what makes Shaak Ti so good or valuable other than the fact that she's the newest character. I fail to see why new players need to wait to farm a character that isn't meta or anywhere close to being meta, which being forced to farm older characters instead. I fail to see why even veterans should have to spend 6 months for a mediocre character and that's just shards, 7 stars isn't much without gear, in fact the sooner you can 7 star her the sooner you may end up spending crystals to gear her, or in my case not gear her, so whether she's 7 stars or not it makes a small difference.

Bossk is actually quite old at this point, I do think players should be able to access him day 1, so is Jango, Embo, Mother Talzin, Wicket, GG. The game isn't going to last forever and between now the day the servers shut down even more characters will be added. Anyone who doesn't see why it's important to shorten the farms of certain characters so that new and even a bit older accounts can catch up and have a relative decent time to enjoy the characters is just fooling themselves. 6 month long farms shouldn't be a thing at all, and if that reduces the revenue from shards then so be it, there's plenty of other revenue generation mechanics in the game. They added these relics which surely won't be free, they added more gear levels, once upon a Time we didn't have 13 gear levels, we only had 11, and if we further back it was even less. They added kyros which we need 10 boatloads of, and there are still mods, which they are insisting to keep them stupid hard to farm. So we have more than ever before revenue generating streams for the game so I don't see how reducing the shard one to help new players is going to be this bad.

stop it man, just leave the whole new player narative alone and come out and say that you want faster progression.
  • Options

stop it man, just leave the whole new player narative alone and come out and say that you want faster progression.

I mean what I say
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

Because it's feedback?
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Because it's feedback?

Pssh k bro, I'm sure that's why lol
  • Options
    There is a progression to accessing everything in this game.

Go through the progression. Access the thing.

There are early game things. There are mid game things. There are late game things.

Want Shaak Ti? Build ships. Go along the table.

Early on, the primary course is to advance along the tables. The reward and motivation for this is access to more units and gear. Thus, desirable units are placed at the end of the table. That is not "screwing" anybody.

Right now, despite being a late-game player with a high ranking in fleet, I have two final nodes on the fleet table that I am not bothering with because nothing is on them.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    There is a progression to accessing everything in this game.

Go through the progression. Access the thing.

There are early game things. There are mid game things. There are late game things.

Want Shaak Ti? Build ships. Go along the table.

Early on, the primary course is to advance along the tables. The reward and motivation for this is access to more units and gear. Thus, desirable units are placed at the end of the table. That is not "screwing" anybody.

Right now, despite being a late-game player with a high ranking in fleet, I have two final nodes on the fleet table that I am not bothering with because nothing is on them.

You're describing how things are, I'm debating how things should be. I have my reasons for why I think things should be this way, can you give your reasons why it needs to stay the way it is?

I don't buy this whole early, mid, late thing, I believe squads are about fun, power, effectiveness in raids and pvp. Unless Shaak Ti can be meta defining at the highest level then I don't think she should be hard to access early. Same logic applies to all squads. People want to have fun using the new characters not the ones that have been around for a very long time, new players have to go the extra mile to unlock the ability to begin to farm them, which is a process that can take months or years, I don't see how forcing them to farm imp troopers or R1, or Phoenix or ewoks is a good thing for new players.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    new players have a massive advantage compared to people who started in 2015. they have guides and resources we never could have dreamed of. they have paths to get the best characters and farming paths to do so. so, boo-hoo.

CG needs to stop the exploit where people wait and build up energy etc forever then start their shard with a big advantage tho
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Wow isnt it crazy how you have to work to get items in a game that is designed to have players slowly progress?

It's honestly like the developers don't want everyone to have every single character G13 and fully Zetad right off of the bat.

Hmm I guess we will just never know why.
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    Why should new players get what they want straight away?
    Why does 'wanting' something give it merit? New players probably want 5mil GP and all the characters at 7* for free.

Wow way to take things out of context AGAIN, not surprising, there's always a few people in every post who do this.

So can you point out where I said they need to have EVERYTHING "straight away", or "right off the bat". I think if you have a basic intelligence you can understand that if you farm one thing from a store, it means you can't farm something else correct? So if let's say Shaak Ti was in arena store, you still have to CHOOSE her between all the other characters that you don't have if you're a new player, which means you need to make CHOICES, and you can't have EVERYTHING straight away.

I was talking about players ability to choose to farm these squads before the game forces them to go through the garbage that we once used to farm. For example, maybe they want to skip some of the characters in the stores to go straight for Clones an Shaak Ti, this means they had to give up on some other faction. This would drastically improve diversity in arena and GA for new players who can pick through a multitude of squads which for a veteran player they wouldn't be considered meta but for the new guy it would be very strong. Imagine if new players could actually pick GG, or Clones and go up against each other in arena using these squads which isn't possible in high GP veteran shards who have Revans and Malak.

So before you take my words out of context, use the head your body provides and read what I actually said.

Hey I'm not the one who thinks someone playing for years qualifies as a new player.

Don't you think CG purposely did this to incentivize players to keep on playing and leveling up so they can then farm them?

No you just want it to be easier for you to farm them so you bring up new players to try and finesse your point.
  • Options
    I don't buy this whole early, mid, late thing, I believe squads are about fun, power, effectiveness in raids and pvp. Unless Shaak Ti can be meta defining at the highest level then I don't think she should be hard to access early. Same logic applies to all squads. People want to have fun using the new characters not the ones that have been around for a very long time, new players have to go the extra mile to unlock the ability to begin to farm them, which is a process that can take months or years, I don't see how forcing them to farm imp troopers or R1, or Phoenix or ewoks is a good thing for new players.

A few things. First, you're ignoring that Shaak Ti is clearly going to be required for something in LS Geo TB. So whether or not she's "meta defining at the highest level," she's going to be a big deal for late-game content. Second, you're assuming that new players "want to have fun using the new characters not the ones that have been around for a very long time." To new players, they're all new characters, since the players are new. Unless they come to the forums and search around, they have no way of knowing that Brood Alpha and Shaak Ti are new and Stormtrooper Han and Poggle are old. You also make the assumption as to what squads are going to be fun for them. The ones who come to the forum searching for information are more likely to follow a guide that tells them to farm Phoenix first for better late game progression, even if Shaak Ti is made readily available. Third, all of these characters are available early game if you're willing to spend on crystals; that's a big part of the way that CG makes money on new players--paying for early access to characters.
  • Options
    It’s tough to follow your logic at times Baldy.

Just now, you’re the champion of the little guy. Only the apex meta toons should be hard to farm. Everything else should be easier to obtain.

But just weeks ago you were adamant that the Malak event should launch because you were ready, and the longer it dragged on, more of the less deserving slackers might dare to unlock a toon.

And, as I pointed out before, nobody is forcing anyone to farm IT, Rogue 1, Phoenix or Ewoks, just like nobody forced us to farm them when we did. When they were useful.
  • Options
    You're describing how things are, I'm debating how things should be. I have my reasons for why I think things should be this way, can you give your reasons why it needs to stay the way it is?
    I already did. You chose to look past them in favor of more of your usual brand of posturing.
    Still not a he.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    You aren't describing how things should be, you're describing how you want them to be. Massive, massive difference.