Pls don't ignore those whose participation in GAC was cancelled

Hey, there are people here and in the bug section who had definitely joined GAC, and started scoring wins in Fleet Feat, but when they came to set their defenses the GAC icon on the right was gone and the GAC section said "there are no active events, pls come later".

What about them (us)? You guys seem to know about score issues and there are announcements concerning this, but there's no sign you're aware of thouse who have been kicked out of the Championship for no obvious reason.

We're still getting wins in Fleet Feat but we're left out of everything else.

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    isn't it possible to do the feats even before you joined?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • alikssepia
    46 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    leef wrote: »

I don't think so. If you don't join, you don't see anything and can't score points as if there's no event for you at all. Furthermore, I have my position in the ranks which means that I had joined.

Maybe you have to join TWICE?! First time, for the Championship, second time for the round? That makes no sense, I think. If that's the case this needs to be changed. How many times do I have to say "yes" to the tournament before I'm counted in?

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    alikssepia wrote: »

I don't think so. If you don't join, you don't see anything and can't score points as if there's no event for you at all. Furthermore, I have my position in the ranks which means that I had joined.

Maybe you have to join TWICE?! First time, for the Championship, second time for the round? That makes no sense, I think. If that's the case this needs to be changed. How many times do I have to say "yes" to the tournament before I'm counted in?

i believe so, yes. Opening the GAC tab only enters you into a division/rank and opens up the feats, but you have to "join" the GA round(s) manually as well.
    I'm not defending the way it's set-up, but i believe that is what happened. Maybe they set it up this way to prevent players from joining whom aren't going to participate, i don't know.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options

Maybe you have to join TWICE?! First time, for the Championship, second time for the round?

I'm not defending the way it's set-up, but i believe that is what happened.

Thanks for your support, I'm more accustomed to harsh comments here than to kind ones. :)

Hey, devs, don't you think you need to clarify this?
  • Options
    I'm sure I joined GAC but also see only the feats and no match.... Am I locked out of this GAC now?efut0ug2lprn.jpg
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Please make sure you report or add to a report at <<Answers HQ>>
  • Options
    It is possible to accumulate fleet wins before you join the first GA of the GAC, yes.
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    yep you can do feats etc without actually hitting the join / enter button
  • Options

Maybe you have to join TWICE?! First time, for the Championship, second time for the round?

Thanks for your support, I'm more accustomed to harsh comments here than to kind ones. :)

They did actually tell us that you would be automatically enrolled in the GAC (and could earn feats) but would need to manually join each GA round that makes it up.

From Crumb on June 19:

"Hi Holotable Heroes,

Sign up for the first Grand Arena Championship Exhibition at 3PM PT (22:00 UTC) tomorrow and get ready for the ultimate competition in Galaxy of Heroes!

You will automatically be enrolled in each Championship if you are level 85 but you will still need to sign up for each Grand Arena if you wish to participate. Want to find out more? Head over the Championships Overview to learn about rewards, leagues and more!"

Not saying that you didn't hit the join button or there isn't a possible issue, but they did tell us you would need to manually join each round.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options
    Same thing happened with me. I reported it in the bugs section.
  • Options

They did actually tell us that you would be automatically enrolled in the GAC (and could earn feats) but would need to manually join each GA round that makes it up.

Ok, thanks. But I indeed have clicked the join button, I'm sure. I even said to my friends - I remember it clearly - pls join the GA, it's already open, and I did it after I joined. If we're automatically enrolled in the Championship then we only need to click the button once and I'm sure I did it. :(
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Please make sure you report or add to a report at <<Answers HQ>>

I have tried this multiple times using Google Chrome as well as Safari and when it go to click submit, it doesn't click or it does but the report is not made.
  • Options
    I'm in the same situation,just opened a ticket and was on a 2 hours live chat conversation,they told me(after talking eith the specialsit) i should wait the next event and they can't help me,now i lost the rewards the points most probably will end up with 1 league behind and the rewards from the end of the event,zetas omegas etc...Please CG this is a real problem.
  • Options
    l14kdo3iq2bb.png
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    Options
    I'm in the same situation,just opened a ticket and was on a 2 hours live chat conversation,they told me(after talking eith the specialsit) i should wait the next event and they can't help me,now i lost the rewards the points most probably will end up with 1 league behind and the rewards from the end of the event,zetas omegas etc...Please CG this is a real problem.

Yeah this is what I assumed would be the response. It pretty much knocks us out of the running for making Kyber too. They need to cancel the GAC until they get it right for everyone. I mean they decided to hot fix it while the GAC was up and running instead of just doing everything they needed to fix the GAC before even relaunching it.
  • Options
    I hope they decide to do something other than bury this issue. Lots of spoken up and I’m sure there are plenty more who won’t or don’t know how.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I dont have the data(because I'm not a dev) but the initial report is that anyone they have investigated that reported this didnt join GA.

Sorry.
  • Options
    I was in a matchup with 7 other guys who I started scouting and 20 minutes later I went to go back in and it was gone. Does that mean my opponents are facing my team with auto defense or is my team no longer in the GAC and they now have only 7 and get a bye? Either way, something is wrong here.
  • Options
    Lilpup wrote: »
    I was in a matchup with 7 other guys who I started scouting and 20 minutes later I went to go back in and it was gone. Does that mean my opponents are facing my team with auto defense or is my team no longer in the GAC and they now have only 7 and get a bye? Either way, something is wrong here.

This is troubling. Do you have any screenshots or data on whom your opponents were? Perhaps you used the DSRBot to check the matchups?

If you have their ally codes you could contact them in-game and ask who is in the bracket? Is it you? Did someone get a bye?
  • Options
    I dont have the data(because I'm not a dev) but the initial report is that anyone they have investigated that reported this didnt join GA.

Sorry.

Now, there seem to be two layers of GAC - the Championship and and the GA itself, and you need to sign up twice. It's not how it was before, before we only had to join once.

I think this needs to be addressed - an explanation is needed, either on the forum or in the game. Not "you just didn't join" but "Hey, we've changed mechanics, please don't forget to enroll twice, otherwise you're locked out".

Without such explanation, you'll have such report tickets over and over again in the future.

The rules have changed and we had no notification of this.

It's stupid how they wanted to lock out those who don't intend to play, and, instead, they locked out those who are eager to play.
  • Options
    Your not missing much, my first 2 battles froze and I haven't tried a 3rd giving up on this broken mode until the devs dedicate some real testing. It's an absolute insult to anyone dedicating time and strategy into a month long battle to have this many critical failures by the developers
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    You're no longer ignored check the other thread where the devs spoke in.
  • Options
    SemiGod wrote: »

Could you please give me the link - I looked through some threads and see no replies from devs.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    SemiGod wrote: »

Could you please give me the link - I looked through some threads and see no replies from devs.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/212613/gac-disappeared#latest

f8993pzo32br.jpg
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Sorry.

Now, there seem to be two layers of GAC - the Championship and and the GA itself, and you need to sign up twice. It's not how it was before, before we only had to join once.

I think this needs to be addressed - an explanation is needed, either on the forum or in the game. Not "you just didn't join" but "Hey, we've changed mechanics, please don't forget to enroll twice, otherwise you're locked out".

Without such explanation, you'll have such report tickets over and over again in the future.

The rules have changed and we had no notification of this.

It's stupid how they wanted to lock out those who don't intend to play, and, instead, they locked out those who are eager to play.

You dont need to sign up twice, the UI follows the same path raids do.

First button brings you to the overview and you have to press the join button.

They are working on this, but to do so they need the relevant information.

I am closing this thread, as there is one with a dev response and they are requesting information to help them sort out if there is an issue or if it's just a UI confusion issue.
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi folks, as mentioned above, there are some confusing parts of the UI, (such as earning feats and being placed in a division automatically) that may cause players to think they joined. Please post your Ally Code for us to investigate further if you believe that you did join but are not able to participate in Grand Arena Championship

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/212613/gac-disappeared#latest
This discussion has been closed.