What the playerbase REALLY wants, instead of the "new" gearelic system?

Olderaan
184 posts Member
edited September 2019
The "new" relics is nothing more than more gearing. That part where we can use our tons of old gears is good, but the rest is just more collecting. Instead of this, there are so many requests here.
As I've been reading this forum over the years, I have found the following wishes to be the most popular:

Practice / sandbox mode
For a very long time many of us have been asking an area where we can test our roster without any risk of ranking loss. The most obvious place for this would be a reworked Galactic War, where we can select any enemy squad with any strength.

Battle reports / logs
It would be very useful to know what kind of squads defeat or fail against our defenses. This should work on TW and GAC as well. We don't need the whole replay (of course this would be awesome!) only the datas.

New, really new content
Not a reskin. GA was an individual version of TW. GAC is a colored version of GA. GTB is a harder version of TB. Instead of these rebuilt gamemodes, we would like some really new content, for example new raids (Deathstar ship raid, as the most popular). Raid against the hutts? Whould be cool! Event against the Shadow Collective (Darth Maul's syndicate)? Would be very hard. New story modes across different locations and planets? Would be awesome! Introduce ground vehicles? Would be interesting... etc. Please, entertain us!

Live PvP
Fighting vs. AI is boring... moreover: annoying. Many of us would like to try our skill against real opponents in live environment. I don't want to figure out the details, this is your job, dear CG.

Little but cool changes
Jango has just got separatist tag <- this was a little but very useful changes. We would like more of this. Eg. Visas needs synergie with the Jedi or Old Republic fractions. Asajj as a bounty hunter or a sith? Darth Maul and Savage synergie with NS? They are the males of the nightsister's homeworld. Nest needs leader tag? She was a leader in the Solo movie... OK, these are just examples, you can continue as you like.
Little but cool change would be a multiple bronzium card as well...

New / reworked characters
Jedi Luke is probably the most forgotten character but at the same time one of the most popular asking for this game as long as I see. Mace Windu is the most asking character who needs rework. I think we don't need too many new characters because of the gear difficulty, but we miss few. Kyle Katarn. Mara Jade. Jabba and the hutt clan! :)

Unlocked the bottleneck of old gears
Carbanties, stun guns, stun cuffs, golden eyeballs... you know all of these. In vain there is new gears and relics if we are still have to working hard to build up the middle of our roster. Update daily challenge is a good way to dicrease the gear crunch.

Fair matchmaking on GAC
This is big, many topics discuss. Just highlighting one thing: make the matchmaking count the ratio of the gear levels. One G13 jump is just 200+ GP difference, but at the same time is a huge advantage which the MM doesn't take into account.

Replay the marquee / legendary events.
Just for fun, no rewards. Or just for a symbolic rewards eg. tokens.

Did I miss something important? Please feel free to complete it. :)

Replies

• Options
    Thank you for summing up all this. I quite agree with almost everything.
    Especially the galactic story mode (actually what I thought at first galactic war was...).

I don't even have a g13 yet so I'm not really excited with g14...
  • Options
    Sandbox is addressed sadly :(

They prolly hoarding Jedi Luke for their end plan content post episode IX and then some. And yeah great post summing it up.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    This post missed the mark in my opinion. As part of the player base, I'm not interested in Live PVP, any of the "Little but cool changes" you propose, any of the new characters you list, or replaying Marquee events.

I agree with the idea in roughly half the post. However I only strongly agree with 2 of the 9 topics. So I only REALLY want about 22% of what's listed.

Some things missed that I'm interested in:
    * Better officer tools for TB/TW
    * Better data analytics (likely via API)
    * Tools that can interact with the game (e.g. set mods in game via Grand Ivory's Mod Optimizer)
    * Rewrite/reword skill descriptions for clarity
    * Conditional auto battle/defensive AI
    ** Let the player do things like tell Traya to target Tanks with isolate
    ** Or a healer to only heal if an ally is below X% health
    * Slightly increased availability of Omegas
  • Options
    I agree with most of the stuff here and this is a good collection of what seems to be asked for the most. Although, I really don’t understand why a new raid would be “new content” but geo TB is only a reskin of Hoth TB. Wouldn’t that same logic apply: we currently have raids, so producing a new raid is just a reskin of old raids?
  • Options
    Credit Heist

More Credit Heist

More Frequent Credit Heists

;)
  • Options
    The best content they’ve come out with over the past year was the Scourge of the Old Republic journey and the Starforge Showdown. Both were fun and actually required strategy. Give us content that actually requires strategy!
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    Options
    Everything you mentioned in this post should be considered , liked your take on “Little but cool things” section, little things like that can make a big change/shift in the game.
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Credit Heist

More Credit Heist

More Frequent Credit Heists

;)

Replace training droids with credit heist.
  • Options
    Many of your bolder points have been answered by the devs. Sandbox isn’t going to happen but gw might change to something like it.

New content is coming. Character touch ups / reworks have been amazing. From BH- to 501.

Last year we had an onslaught of marquee toons and we asked why so many new toons? We have so many that need reworks. And this was particularly true for cw era. We got it. We got it with new contentish, these touched up toons can also go in arena, tw, and gac without being op. <— that’s no easy thing.

I know it seems insane there is no Jedi luke in the game but at least there is a plan for him.

We have LSTB coming and then episode 9.
    Maybe the mandolorean . That’s Gr, Fo, Res- for sure. And maybe Bh, Mandos, Ot, Empire stuff. We know what’s coming toon wise. I am always appreciative of knowing what’s coming.

TLDR- there are many things to complain about with this game. But the ones listed above should be commended not condemned. If devs are speaking out right listen.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    The only thing I really want is more raids. Raids are my favorite part of the game, but all three are obsolete currently. Rancor gets simmed and HAAT/Sith are just a race to get damage in before they get steamrolled.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Olderaan
    184 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    I agree with the idea in roughly half the post. However I only strongly agree with 2 of the 9 topics. So I only REALLY want about 22% of what's listed.

Thanks for doing the math and the analyzing. :)
    And your list is also good, but not the most wanted - what I wanted to show on this topic.
    * Tools that can interact with the game (e.g. set mods in game via Grand Ivory's Mod Optimizer)

• Options
    Active forum posters are a very small percentage of the player base.
  • Ultra
    11509 posts Moderator
    Options
    Olderaan wrote: »
    New, really new content
    Not a reskin. GA was an individual version of TW. GAC is a colored version of GA. GTB is a harder version of TB. Instead of these rebuilt gamemodes, we would like some really new content, for example new raids (Deathstar ship raid, as the most popular). Raid against the hutts? Whould be cool! Event against the Shadow Collective (Darth Maul's syndicate)? Would be very hard. New story modes across different locations and planets? Would be awesome! Introduce ground vehicles? Would be interesting... etc. Please, entertain us!

Live PvP
    Fighting vs. AI is boring... moreover: annoying. Many of us would like to try our skill against real opponents in live environment. I don't want to figure out the details, this is your job, dear CG.

New / reworked characters
    Jedi Luke is probably the most forgotten character but at the same time one of the most popular asking for this game as long as I see. Mace Windu is the most asking character who needs rework. I think we don't need too many new characters because of the gear difficulty, but we miss few. Kyle Katarn. Mara Jade. Jabba and the hutt clan! :)

Replay the marquee / legendary events.
    Just for fun, no rewards. Or just for a symbolic rewards eg. tokens.

1. GAC, Geo TB is new content. New raid would be like raid reskinned. You can make the reskin argument to any new content. Lets not forget the Sith Raid was very creative in all its phases with giving unique abilities (UBW, Soothe, Stand Alone), and class based abilities (phase 4) and everyone whined about it. Hard to make more new and creative content when people spill milk all the time. Geo TB bought us rocket droid, and is called a territory battle for a reason. Like we get excited for new legendary and consider that as new content, Geo TB is a new content.

2. Live PvP can be fun but don't diss on AI. My reasons are purely selfish here: I don't have the best mods and winning is doable with AI controlled moves. I think a lot of people will regret Live PvP once the opposing toon goes after the most optimal toon every time and evolves his decisions with better mods

3. Yeah the gear difficulty is an issue but I'd actually prefer more new characters over reworking existing ones. We've been having a good release of cool characters

4. Yeah I wish we had mythic events for Chewbacca, C3PO, Falcon and other events so that we can replay them
  • Olderaan
    184 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Many of your bolder points have been answered by the devs. Sandbox isn’t going to happen but gw might change to something like it.

New content is coming. Character touch ups / reworks have been amazing. From BH- to 501.

Last year we had an onslaught of marquee toons and we asked why so many new toons? We have so many that need reworks. And this was particularly true for cw era. We got it. We got it with new contentish, these touched up toons can also go in arena, tw, and gac without being op. <— that’s no easy thing.

I know it seems insane there is no Jedi luke in the game but at least there is a plan for him.

Maybe the mandolorean . That’s Gr, Fo, Res- for sure. And maybe Bh, Mandos, Ot, Empire stuff. We know what’s coming toon wise. I am always appreciative of knowing what’s coming.

TLDR- there are many things to complain about with this game. But the ones listed above should be commended not condemned. If devs are speaking out right listen.

Yes, you are right about most of what you listed here. It's true that lot of things was happenned and also will happen, some of them really good stuff, but I just want to list the most popular and unfulfilled wishes.
    Do you think it is useless to ask again and again for something that has not happened yet?
    I don't think so, even if they have already answered that they won't do that.

• Options
    ... I really don’t understand why a new raid would be “new content” but geo TB is only a reskin of Hoth TB. Wouldn’t that same logic apply: we currently have raids, so producing a new raid is just a reskin of old raids?

I think a ship raid against the Death Star might deserves the "new content" rating... :)

• Stick
    647 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Active forum posters are a very small percentage of the player base.

Yes but they matter a lot more to themselves than the average player.

What’s with the reskin nonsense. I hate gamer culture terms. Everything is a reskin of something else by this kind of definition. Are you looking to be able to play with a team in some sort of advancing storyline type of system ?

a lot of what you’ve said we already have or has been addressed by developers.
  • Options

Yes, you are right about most of what you listed here. It's true that lot of things was happenned and also will happen, some of them really good stuff, but I just want to list the most popular and unfulfilled wishes.
    Do you think it is useless to ask again and again for something that has not happened yet?
    I don't think so, even if they have already answered that they won't do that.

For sandbox mode - yes. As a forumer that has struggled through many of communication promises, I think it works the other way as well. They are communicating something and we refuse to believe it. Lol
  • Options
    About all the of proposed changes listed by the OP, go for it. I don't mind. The changes will either make my game experience better or I won't use the feature(s) so it won't matter to me at all. No negative downside to me at all.

Here is what I want...

I want CG to fix the issues that some people are having with the quests. How some quests have bugs in them and how some quests are not compatible with the GeoTBs.

You can see the questions I have for the devs right here, I asked about the quests.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/212840/share-your-questions-for-developer-q-a-9-5

If you care about the quests, fixing these issues will make the game experience better for you.
    If you do not care about the quests, fixing these issues will not change the game experience for you at all.

You want your issue fixed first? Sure. I can wait.

Here is what I really want, constructive criticism is one thing, giving grief to people who care about certain aspects of the game more than you is another. We are all human beings. Let us treat each other the like.
  • Options

Thanks for doing the math and the analyzing. :)
    And your list is also good, but not the most wanted - what I wanted to show on this topic.

Uh. Ok. But I'd say that your list is good, but not the most wanted either. Guess that got lost in my effort to further the discussion.
  • Options
    This is a pretty good list of things that lots of people want. Can you take over Carrie's job?

Also, I vote that we only use "gearelics" to refer to the new system.
  • Options
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Sandbox is addressed sadly :(

They prolly hoarding Jedi Luke for their end plan content post episode IX and then some. And yeah great post summing it up.

If you see jedi like is coming prepare for the end to be right behind him
  • Options
    Usually the community wants a bunch of useless stuff and don't think much ahead which brings all the worst things to this game
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    This is a pretty good list of things that lots of people want. Can you take over Carrie's job?

Where to begin with this. First Carrie doesn’t work for them anymore. Second, her job was not to come up with ideas to satisfy all players.
  • Options
    Stick wrote: »
    JacenRoe wrote: »

Where to begin with this. First Carrie doesn’t work for them anymore. Second, her job was not to come up with ideas to satisfy all players.

Where to begin with this.

She doesn't work for them anymore... thus the suggestion that this guy take over. I'm sure the Mark fellow who ended up with the job is nice and all. No disrespect to him. I am, however, allowed to make a joke suggestion for my pick to take the job as a way of hyperbolically stating my approval/agreement for the OP's suggestions.

Second, her job wasn't coming up with ideas at all as far as I know. I am given to understand it was a lot of rubber stamping and approving and directing the ideas of the creators working under her. However, her team's goal was making something we... you know... enjoy. Maybe even enjoy enough to spend money on. I'm fairly certain the job description wasn't to make a disappointing product people hate.

I really don't understand the need for your condescension after I made a (not very funny) offhand joke to ironically express that I like some of his suggestions.