My entire top 50 in arena is Darth Revan lead!

Prev1
I just thought it was funny, there was a guy who used to have Padme, the only Padme in the top 50, he switched to Revan too. Now the whole top 50 is nothing but Darth Revan. I don't remember a time this was the case, even when Jedi Revan was the meta, there would be a few different squads that would sneak into the top 50.

Replies

  • Wow you’re on a roll tonight.
  • Nihion wrote: »
    Wow you’re on a roll tonight.

    Ok
  • Nihion
    2172 posts Member
    edited September 11
    I mean this is like you’re 3rd thread today at least.

    And not to say that I disagree with the point you’re making, just that you’ve been on a roll.
  • Nihion wrote: »
    I mean this is like you’re 3rd thread today at least.

    Just the second
  • Nihion wrote: »
    I mean this is like you’re 3rd thread today at least.

    Just the second

    Oh well. Seems like the tenth.

    Continue.
  • Nihion wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    I mean this is like you’re 3rd thread today at least.

    Just the second

    Oh well. Seems like the tenth.

    Continue.

    Seems this way because you dislike me
  • @Nihion just curious what the game would be like if 90% of players didn't ask for a rock paper scissors meta... It's like R(Evan)ock- PapeR(evan)- ScizoR(evan).
  • DarkHelmet wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    I mean this is like you’re 3rd thread today at least.

    Just the second

    Oh well. Seems like the tenth.

    Continue.

    Seems this way because you dislike me

    They aren’t the only one.

    Yeah , hard to like someone who calls you out for advocating for a system only because it benefits you over everyone else :wink:
  • Ultra
    3539 posts Member
    Darth Revan has been the meta team since April 2019, I'm surprised it took this long for your entire shard to switch over tbh
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Darth Revan has been the meta team since April 2019, I'm surprised it took this long for your entire shard to switch over tbh

    It's been like this for months, there were a couple of guys who didn't use it, now they also turned to the dark side it's the whole top 50 which I think it's funny
  • I just thought it was funny, there was a guy who used to have Padme, the only Padme in the top 50, he switched to Revan too. Now the whole top 50 is nothing but Darth Revan. I don't remember a time this was the case, even when Jedi Revan was the meta, there would be a few different squads that would sneak into the top 50.

    You’re right when jedi revan was meta, darth revan wasn’t all of the teams in the top 50


  • Malevolan
    33 posts Member
    edited September 11
    It's rather depressing actually, nothing but a wall of all the same teams and the difference just being RNG in who can roll the best mods. Darth Revan and Malak have counters when attacking them but nobody defends against them adequately so it forces this hard meta. I personally think this cycle started with Jedi Knight Revan. A character skillset that was just a wishlist for fanboys to make him clearly the most dominant thing in the game at the time, able to completely ignore common mechanics in the game like taunt, stuns, and debuffs. Combine him with General Kenobi's RNG based taunt and foresight and you have a team that while it can be beaten, outside of a mirror match it's largely RNG. This meant that the next meta had to be built entirely around countering this broken character with another even more broken character, and it wasn't complete so they threw in yet another broken character and then went on a crusade nerfing anything that effectively countered it.
    It's sloppy decision making that optimizes milking people's money so they can get the new meta characters rather than having more interesting PVP with counterplay.
  • TVF
    14975 posts Member
    Malevolan wrote: »
    It's rather depressing actually, nothing but a wall of all the same teams and the difference just being RNG in who can roll the best mods.

    Somewhat false.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • @Nihion just curious what the game would be like if 90% of players didn't ask for a rock paper scissors meta... It's like R(Evan)ock- PapeR(evan)- ScizoR(evan).

    That was a stretch.

    You should see the comment I edited above where I said I don’t disagree with you. But I know you don’t care.

    I don’t like you because you make crazy conspiracy theories, you create a new thread for every little thing that you seem to dislike, and you don’t listen to other people. You’re notorious for that, and that’s why you’re met with so much criticism, if you were wondering.
  • Nihion wrote: »
    @Nihion just curious what the game would be like if 90% of players didn't ask for a rock paper scissors meta... It's like R(Evan)ock- PapeR(evan)- ScizoR(evan).

    That was a stretch.

    You should see the comment I edited above where I said I don’t disagree with you. But I know you don’t care.

    I don’t like you because you make crazy conspiracy theories, you create a new thread for every little thing that you seem to dislike, and you don’t listen to other people. You’re notorious for that, and that’s why you’re met with so much criticism, if you were wondering.

    And yet this hurts nobody. I'm giving my feedback and I suggest how I want things to be. I don't expect they are going change much because of me, still quite a few of my posts have gotten traction. I would rather be the guy who complains about every little problem than the guy who sucks it up and doesn't complain about anything. I strive for improvement, others just take advantage of a broken system, I wonder which one is more dislikable.

    My posts reflect my personal experience with the game, it's neither right or wrong, it's just a reflection of what my eyes see and what my brain experiences when I play, if you have a problem with that then idk what else to tell you. I'll say this thought, the fact that so many people get upset because I say things how I see them, shows that alot of players deep down know I'm right about alot of things, they just belong on the sides who happens to benefit from certain of these issues and therefore they don't want anyone to talk about it so they can maintain their advantage, like the whole mod situation.

    If there was nothing to see about my posts then people wouldn't develop these negative feelings towards me.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Malevolan wrote: »
    It's rather depressing actually, nothing but a wall of all the same teams and the difference just being RNG in who can roll the best mods.

    Somewhat false.

    What other difference is there? Sure there's teams that don't have Malak *yet* but they will, and it will just solidify this hard meta, and gear isn't exactly a place where teams differ from each other because it's just vertical progression, there's no variety there. So the variety is in mods alone which is heavily RNG.
  • @Nihion just curious what the game would be like if 90% of players didn't ask for a rock paper scissors meta... It's like R(Evan)ock- PapeR(evan)- ScizoR(evan).

    You misspelled "scissors"
  • Malevolan wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Malevolan wrote: »
    It's rather depressing actually, nothing but a wall of all the same teams and the difference just being RNG in who can roll the best mods.

    Somewhat false.

    What other difference is there? Sure there's teams that don't have Malak *yet* but they will, and it will just solidify this hard meta, and gear isn't exactly a place where teams differ from each other because it's just vertical progression, there's no variety there. So the variety is in mods alone which is heavily RNG.

    Even if I farmed 1/3 of the amount of mods TVF did, I bet he still has more than ×3 the amount of godlike mods I have. He won't ever admit it but mods are a horrible system and even the ex- game changers agree with it.
  • @Nihion just curious what the game would be like if 90% of players didn't ask for a rock paper scissors meta... It's like R(Evan)ock- PapeR(evan)- ScizoR(evan).

    You misspelled "scissors"

    I did, blaming autofill
  • Nihion wrote: »
    @Nihion just curious what the game would be like if 90% of players didn't ask for a rock paper scissors meta... It's like R(Evan)ock- PapeR(evan)- ScizoR(evan).

    That was a stretch.

    You should see the comment I edited above where I said I don’t disagree with you. But I know you don’t care.

    I don’t like you because you make crazy conspiracy theories, you create a new thread for every little thing that you seem to dislike, and you don’t listen to other people. You’re notorious for that, and that’s why you’re met with so much criticism, if you were wondering.

    And yet this hurts nobody. I'm giving my feedback and I suggest how I want things to be. I don't expect they are going change much because of me, still quite a few of my posts have gotten traction. I would rather be the guy who complains about every little problem than the guy who sucks it up and doesn't complain about anything. I strive for improvement, others just take advantage of a broken system, I wonder which one is more dislikable.

    My posts reflect my personal experience with the game, it's neither right or wrong, it's just a reflection of what my eyes see and what my brain experiences when I play, if you have a problem with that then idk what else to tell you. I'll say this thought, the fact that so many people get upset because I say things how I see them, shows that alot of players deep down know I'm right about alot of things, they just belong on the sides who happens to benefit from certain of these issues and therefore they don't want anyone to talk about it so they can maintain their advantage, like the whole mod situation.

    If there was nothing to see about my posts then people wouldn't develop these negative feelings towards me.

    You wouldn’t be trying to convince yourself that the negative people justify your complaints unless they bothered you... just saying...

    But anyway, I told you why you were met with negative responses. You post too much; it doesn’t make your posts true. But you won’t listen to me because that’s part two; you don’t care what other people think.

    But oh well. Continue with your thread. Tell the world why they like you so much.
  • Is this supposed to be news?
  • Kokie
    1124 posts Member
    If you dont like DR just use GG cheese team. Problem solved
  • Malevolan wrote: »
    It's rather depressing actually, nothing but a wall of all the same teams and the difference just being RNG in who can roll the best mods. Darth Revan and Malak have counters when attacking them but nobody defends against them adequately so it forces this hard meta. I personally think this cycle started with Jedi Knight Revan. A character skillset that was just a wishlist for fanboys to make him clearly the most dominant thing in the game at the time, able to completely ignore common mechanics in the game like taunt, stuns, and debuffs. Combine him with General Kenobi's RNG based taunt and foresight and you have a team that while it can be beaten, outside of a mirror match it's largely RNG. This meant that the next meta had to be built entirely around countering this broken character with another even more broken character, and it wasn't complete so they threw in yet another broken character and then went on a crusade nerfing anything that effectively countered it.
    It's sloppy decision making that optimizes milking people's money so they can get the new meta characters rather than having more interesting PVP with counterplay.

    Honestly, they shouldn't have made palpatine useless completely useless against malaks. Then it would be a true rock-paper-scissors meta.
  • CCyrilS
    2768 posts Member
    edited September 11

    @Nihion just curious what the game would be like if 90% of players didn't ask for a rock paper scissors meta... It's like R(Evan)ock- PapeR(evan)- ScizoR(evan).

    Nerf PaperRevan cheese!
  • Malevolan wrote: »
    It's rather depressing actually, nothing but a wall of all the same teams and the difference just being RNG in who can roll the best mods. Darth Revan and Malak have counters when attacking them but nobody defends against them adequately so it forces this hard meta. I personally think this cycle started with Jedi Knight Revan. A character skillset that was just a wishlist for fanboys to make him clearly the most dominant thing in the game at the time, able to completely ignore common mechanics in the game like taunt, stuns, and debuffs. Combine him with General Kenobi's RNG based taunt and foresight and you have a team that while it can be beaten, outside of a mirror match it's largely RNG. This meant that the next meta had to be built entirely around countering this broken character with another even more broken character, and it wasn't complete so they threw in yet another broken character and then went on a crusade nerfing anything that effectively countered it.
    It's sloppy decision making that optimizes milking people's money so they can get the new meta characters rather than having more interesting PVP with counterplay.

    Honestly, they shouldn't have made palpatine useless completely useless against malaks. Then it would be a true rock-paper-scissors meta.

    or the nerf to JKA, or there were some other teams too, but still, those teams could attack DR/DM, but not defend. Is there any squad that successfully defends against DR/Malak? Because that's what really pushes the meta. You can make a droid nuke team and climb but you will get pushed back so far that you'll have to dump crystals on refreshes to climb back where you were, even if you swap to a team like JKR or Padme or Grievous with Sep droids you will still drop more places than you can gain without a refresh. There used to be guys in my shard that would swap out to one of those 3 teams after their payouts so that #1, it broke the monotony, and #2, other people got a chance to change things up because you don't gain anything from sitting at #1 24/7. But after the last Malak event and especially after this last DR event, they're unwilling to change anymore because they drop so far, so it solidifies this DR wall because it's the only squad where they won't move so much.
    Ultimately though, I blame the team that designed JKR's kit because it set a precedent where you can only reliably defend against a meta character with the next meta character, and fighting them isn't even fun. In my shard which is still relatively young, before the July JKR event, there was like, 5 Darth Revans, only about 3 Darth Malaks, and 15 or so Jedi Knight Revans. Behind that was a rock paper scissors of Palpatine, Bastila Jedi teams, and Nightsisters for the most part. Palpatine beat Nightsisters, Nightsisters beat Bastila, Bastila beat Palpatine. Of course JKR beat them all, but Nightsisters could (with RNG) climb on JKR's, so it kept things from being too monolithic outside of the absolute top which were DR's but as I mentioned, because they didn't feel like they'd drop so hard, after their payouts, the DR teams would sometimes swap to JKR, letting things mix up more. July replaced the Bastila teams with more JKR teams, which pushed the Palpatine teams completely out of top 50, so the top 50 started getting monolithic outside of the DR's and the few NS and GG teams that persisted climbing on JKR's, and that's how it's been until the last Malak event made more people switch from JKR to DR (they felt JKR was better than DR without Malak), and now the DR event, it's just becoming a wall now. It's way more interesting when there's counterplay there's teams you can beat and teams you can't beat, but the team you can beat can beat the team you can't beat, so things are constantly mixing up. Monolithic walls are boring.
  • in my shard there are plenty of DR, a few GGs and a few Padmes. But No.1 always gets a JKR Team with Thrawn. I really dont know how he can hold on for so long
  • Malevolan wrote: »
    It's rather depressing actually, nothing but a wall of all the same teams and the difference just being RNG in who can roll the best mods. Darth Revan and Malak have counters when attacking them but nobody defends against them adequately so it forces this hard meta. I personally think this cycle started with Jedi Knight Revan. A character skillset that was just a wishlist for fanboys to make him clearly the most dominant thing in the game at the time, able to completely ignore common mechanics in the game like taunt, stuns, and debuffs. Combine him with General Kenobi's RNG based taunt and foresight and you have a team that while it can be beaten, outside of a mirror match it's largely RNG. This meant that the next meta had to be built entirely around countering this broken character with another even more broken character, and it wasn't complete so they threw in yet another broken character and then went on a crusade nerfing anything that effectively countered it.
    It's sloppy decision making that optimizes milking people's money so they can get the new meta characters rather than having more interesting PVP with counterplay.

    Honestly, they shouldn't have made palpatine useless completely useless against malaks. Then it would be a true rock-paper-scissors meta.
    But why the r-p-s meta? This is the concept I really can't grasp.
    What would make you hold a somewhat stable place and not climb from the 100s every day then, if half the shard has a viable team (whether it's the most recent release or a 2+ years old squad)? Why invest in the new meta in the first place if you can be beaten by characters most people had the time to already farm?

    Unless you are suggesting 3 new exclusive teams released at a time, which I don't see how would help the current situation.
  • Malevolan wrote: »
    It's rather depressing actually, nothing but a wall of all the same teams and the difference just being RNG in who can roll the best mods. Darth Revan and Malak have counters when attacking them but nobody defends against them adequately so it forces this hard meta. I personally think this cycle started with Jedi Knight Revan. A character skillset that was just a wishlist for fanboys to make him clearly the most dominant thing in the game at the time, able to completely ignore common mechanics in the game like taunt, stuns, and debuffs. Combine him with General Kenobi's RNG based taunt and foresight and you have a team that while it can be beaten, outside of a mirror match it's largely RNG. This meant that the next meta had to be built entirely around countering this broken character with another even more broken character, and it wasn't complete so they threw in yet another broken character and then went on a crusade nerfing anything that effectively countered it.
    It's sloppy decision making that optimizes milking people's money so they can get the new meta characters rather than having more interesting PVP with counterplay.

    Honestly, they shouldn't have made palpatine useless completely useless against malaks. Then it would be a true rock-paper-scissors meta.
    But why the r-p-s meta? This is the concept I really can't grasp.
    What would make you hold a somewhat stable place and not climb from the 100s every day then, if half the shard has a viable team (whether it's the most recent release or a 2+ years old squad)? Why invest in the new meta in the first place if you can be beaten by characters most people had the time to already farm?

    Unless you are suggesting 3 new exclusive teams released at a time, which I don't see how would help the current situation.

    It isn't about what people will invest in ideally, it's about making competitive play balanced and fun. 1 Dominant meta team is boring, but it can generate revenue if everyone HAS to have this team, and chase the next meta team that hard counters the current (outside of lucky RNG for DR's to be capable of beating whatever the new meta is while attacking, the way JKR can still beat DR on attack now). Unfortunately CG prioritizes milking money over having fun competitive play. So from now on that's what you can expect, the next meta will hard counter DR/Malak somehow and be able to defend against him because the new meta leader character will break DR and Malak's mechanics, while completely ignoring many standard game mechanics so that it's just old meta vs new meta, no F2P or old squads allowed.

  • Ultra wrote: »
    Darth Revan has been the meta team since April 2019, I'm surprised it took this long for your entire shard to switch over tbh

    it makes sense that now after malaks second coming more people would stitch and use darth revan more. without malak he isn't as good of a character/team.
Sign In or Register to comment.