My entire top 50 in arena is Darth Revan lead!

2Next

Replies

• Padme is now an easy target after malaks return, thats part of the reason
  • Malevolan wrote: »
    It's rather depressing actually, nothing but a wall of all the same teams and the difference just being RNG in who can roll the best mods. Darth Revan and Malak have counters when attacking them but nobody defends against them adequately so it forces this hard meta. I personally think this cycle started with Jedi Knight Revan. A character skillset that was just a wishlist for fanboys to make him clearly the most dominant thing in the game at the time, able to completely ignore common mechanics in the game like taunt, stuns, and debuffs. Combine him with General Kenobi's RNG based taunt and foresight and you have a team that while it can be beaten, outside of a mirror match it's largely RNG. This meant that the next meta had to be built entirely around countering this broken character with another even more broken character, and it wasn't complete so they threw in yet another broken character and then went on a crusade nerfing anything that effectively countered it.
    It's sloppy decision making that optimizes milking people's money so they can get the new meta characters rather than having more interesting PVP with counterplay.

Honestly, they shouldn't have made palpatine useless completely useless against malaks. Then it would be a true rock-paper-scissors meta.
    But why the r-p-s meta? This is the concept I really can't grasp.
    What would make you hold a somewhat stable place and not climb from the 100s every day then, if half the shard has a viable team (whether it's the most recent release or a 2+ years old squad)? Why invest in the new meta in the first place if you can be beaten by characters most people had the time to already farm?

Unless you are suggesting 3 new exclusive teams released at a time, which I don't see how would help the current situation.

Im 100% sure that a r-p-s meta wouldn't make you climb from the rank 100+

Its all about whale gear and speed mods.. And now relics. R-p-s would make it less annoying even for the whales locked up in shard chats
  • This focus on a very select few characters has made the Arena incredibly dull. With what, nearly 200 characters in the game, it clearly comes down to less than 10 key characters?

I have none of them. I want none of them. It ruins the game. Revan began this, and I will never farm him.
  • Kameleonic wrote: »
    I have none of them. I want none of them. It ruins the game. Revan began this, and I will never farm him.
    Sounds more like you ruin it for yourself.
  • Malevolan wrote: »
    It's rather depressing actually, nothing but a wall of all the same teams and the difference just being RNG in who can roll the best mods. Darth Revan and Malak have counters when attacking them but nobody defends against them adequately so it forces this hard meta. I personally think this cycle started with Jedi Knight Revan. A character skillset that was just a wishlist for fanboys to make him clearly the most dominant thing in the game at the time, able to completely ignore common mechanics in the game like taunt, stuns, and debuffs. Combine him with General Kenobi's RNG based taunt and foresight and you have a team that while it can be beaten, outside of a mirror match it's largely RNG. This meant that the next meta had to be built entirely around countering this broken character with another even more broken character, and it wasn't complete so they threw in yet another broken character and then went on a crusade nerfing anything that effectively countered it.
    It's sloppy decision making that optimizes milking people's money so they can get the new meta characters rather than having more interesting PVP with counterplay.

Honestly, they shouldn't have made palpatine useless completely useless against malaks. Then it would be a true rock-paper-scissors meta.
    What would make you hold a somewhat stable place and not climb from the 100s every day then, if half the shard has a viable team (whether it's the most recent release or a 2+ years old squad)? Why invest in the new meta in the first place if you can be beaten by characters most people had the time to already farm?

Unless you are suggesting 3 new exclusive teams released at a time, which I don't see how would help the current situation.

Because it shouldn't be about what people are going to invest in it should be about making a balanced and fun competitive game mode. Unfortunately CG prioritizes milking wallets over making something fun so we're just gonna have a chain of broken meta characters that beat the past broken meta character all to keep milking people's wallets as each one comes out. Malak in particular set a bad precedent where they will protect their whales from older teams and F2P accessible teams if a reliable counter is found.

• I'm giving my feedback and I suggest how I want things to be. I don't expect they are going change much because of me, still quite a few of my posts have gotten traction. I would rather be the guy who complains about every little problem than the guy who sucks it up and doesn't complain about anything. I strive for improvement, others just take advantage of a broken system, I wonder which one is more dislikable.
    Many of your posts are of altruistic intent. You seek a change that would improve the game experience for everyone.

But sometimes you let a purely selfish request seep through, like when you kept demanding that the second Malak event arrive because you were ready, and the longer you had to wait the more of the “undeserving” would have time to get ready to unlock him too.

That sort of inconsistency gets noticed, and makes people question the motive behind your suggestions.
    My posts reflect my personal experience with the game, it's neither right or wrong, it's just a reflection of what my eyes see and what my brain experiences when I play, if you have a problem with that then idk what else to tell you. I'll say this thought, the fact that so many people get upset because I say things how I see them, shows that alot of players deep down know I'm right about alot of things, they just belong on the sides who happens to benefit from certain of these issues and therefore they don't want anyone to talk about it so they can maintain their advantage, like the whole mod situation.
    Often your suggestions for improvements are a thinly veiled swipe at those who pay to play the game. You’ve never seemed to latch on to the idea that they are keeping the game alive for f2p like yourself, and that they are entitled to some form of edge over you.

Just last week, when someone pointed out that your suggested change (I’ll dig out the post if you don’t remember) would likely irk vast swathes of the p2p community, you said that it was a risk you’d be willing to take.

How noble of you! To be prepared to take a risk that would benefit you at 0 cost but potentially rob the developers thousands of dollars in revenue and threaten the very future of the game you play.
    If there was nothing to see about my posts then people wouldn't develop these negative feelings towards me.

Your posts do attract a lot of flack, often undeserved, and I know I myself have partaken in Baldy-baiting in the past.

But when I have got involved, it’s not because you’ve touched a nerve or serves me up a home truth, it’s because you are so resolutely convinced that you’re right and that how you see things are manifestly the way they should be.

That doesn’t mean all your posts are like that though. You do make good points and I for one am trying my best not to Baldy-bait for the sake of it.

Anyway, back on topic...

Yes it is sad to see a uniform top 50, and I don’t think I’ve ever seen that before.

The Traya era was close, but people couldn’t unlock her at the same rate as everyone else, so I’m quite sure it never reached 50/50. Not on my shard anyway.

JKR didn’t reach 50/50 on my shard - though every single one of the teams was the same when it was meta. At least with the DR teams now, some of them are different.

The old “Titans” meta (CLS, Thrawn, R2, GK and raid Han) was also close, but there was always a JKR / BB8 variant that was just as good.

Here’s the bad news though - when there is a meta shift, the only members of your top 50 that will switch to it are the ones who have a lengthy purchase history!
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    JDIII wrote: »
    It seems something happened because I no longer can beat Darth Revan/Malak with my Padme team. Did a notice go out about a nerf or was it a silent nerf?

Neither.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Julmay
    177 posts Member
    edited September 2019

I would prefer rock -paper- scissors- lizard- spock
  • remember when arena was "balanced?" me neither.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    remember when arena was "balanced?" me neither.

It's never going to be totally balanced but anything's better than a monolithic block of all the same team. Mirror matches get boring if that's all you do too even if you have the meta team. I get tired of fighting JKR's over and over because I don't have DR/Malak, and it's just because I've been fighting almost exclusively JKR's (with the occasional GG team and occasionally a guy switches to a Padme team and I enjoy fighting that because it's kind of a rare treat). By the time I get DR and Malak to where I can really fight those, it'll be ALL I fight so it'll get boring too.

It doesn't have to be perfectly balanced but there needs to be enough counterplay to where you don't have it just be one dominant team. Variety is the spice of life.
  • @Nihion just curious what the game would be like if 90% of players didn't ask for a rock paper scissors meta... It's like R(Evan)ock- PapeR(evan)- ScizoR(evan).

Shards vary by composition. In mine, it's still Rock Paper Scissors meaning Revan (DR and JKR) - Padme - Separatist Droids.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"