My issue with Galactic War

I was doing pretty good in Galactic War, yesterday I made it to the end and so I was feeling pretty good. Today I made it to the 9th battle with my lvl 45 team and the game pits me against a team of lvl 58!
Now, I like some challenge in a game to make it interesting, but that's not a challenge, that's a wall. My team of 4 star lvl 45's has exactly zero chance of beating a team of lvl 58 7 stars. My 2 most powerful characters were dead after the first round. I guess the matches are totally random?

Replies

• Brom
    236 posts Member
    Options
    You were just unlucky.
  • Options
    Yer I'm lvl 60 and occasionally find fully maxed out lvl 70 teams in GW. I just admit defeat on that day and wait until reset. It sucks but fortunately quite uncommon for me.
  • Options
    I am a level 70 and GW was easier when I was at a lower level... I still often find myself having trouble beating the last 2 or 3 battles. Somedays I only get about half way before the enemy team puts a beatdown on my top team players. Just the way it goes. Level up and good luck. If it helps, level up the Royal Guard to act as a whipping boy for the last few battles. He throws shields and taunts and occasionally stuns.
  • Options
    Mr_Nitro wrote: »
    I am a level 70 and GW was easier when I was at a lower level... I still often find myself having trouble beating the last 2 or 3 battles. Somedays I only get about half way before the enemy team puts a beatdown on my top team players. Just the way it goes. Level up and good luck. If it helps, level up the Royal Guard to act as a whipping boy for the last few battles. He throws shields and taunts and occasionally stuns.

Good idea. I have decent healers, just need to work on my tanks

• RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    Since I swapped JC 6* and Sid 6* for Barris 5* and Rey 5* the GW has gotten a little easier.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Try not to have unrealistic expectations. Until you're level 70 and have several lvl 70 heroes, plan on struggling to beat such teams. It does get DRASTICALLY easier once you're maxed out several heroes. Just hang in there, do the time, you'll get it no problem.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    Mr_Nitro wrote: »

Same here. That's why I haven't bothered to get my top toons to level 70, 65 is the highest, until I get more 6 & 7* on my team and a few good tanks to use.
  • sid
    232 posts Member
    Options
    I guess the matches are totally random?
    Not totally random, but notoriously inconsistent for many people. Some roll through GW with one team. Others get through with restarts. Some haven't finished GW in weeks. Level 45 is probably a bit too soon to tell.