Relics: Read This

Replies

• TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    DHudson wrote: »
    Its a **** drop rate that front load drops and slows down the closer you get to 330 to entice you to spend the crystals. Same with gear but it's the last 10. Guild tracked it. It's 18.3% the last 100. It was nearly the same for all 39 we tracked. I don't give a **** what the devs have said. Nor anyone else's opinion. The overall drop rate may be 33% but it's higher when you're below 230 and lower above. Data doesn't lie. Try it with your guild mates.

Let's see the data please.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Somehow you guys determined the drop rates are good when they've been out for a day, and the upvotes from people who have been criticizing me for jumping to conclusions with a small sample size.

Cantina energy accumulates at half the rate of any other energy and costs twice as much to refresh. Which means if you aren't doing any refreshes you will spend multiple days to get to relic level 5 which the OP says it's easy. All that while being forced to get to g13 to equip them. So where am I supposed to spend my few crystals now? Refreshing mods? As people like TVF and Kyno have suggested? Refreshing regular energy for g13 salvages and kyros? Or refreshing for relics? I'd like to know where I can find the energy for all that

Do better in arena. Until you provide your SWGOH account, you have no credibility you're doing what you're suppose to by making good decisions. They game won't be held back due to your ability.

Do better in arena with these relic 7 accounts, isn't that part of the complaint?

My grievous with relic level 2 defeating full lvl 7 DR/ malak teams would like to have a chat with you
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Somehow you guys determined the drop rates are good when they've been out for a day, and the upvotes from people who have been criticizing me for jumping to conclusions with a small sample size.

The devs stated the drop rate is equal to that of mod slicing mats. You can choose to not believe them if you like.

They actually said similar not equal I believe
  • Options

Cantina energy accumulates at half the rate of any other energy and costs twice as much to refresh. Which means if you aren't doing any refreshes you will spend multiple days to get to relic level 5 which the OP says it's easy. All that while being forced to get to g13 to equip them. So where am I supposed to spend my few crystals now? Refreshing mods? As people like TVF and Kyno have suggested? Refreshing regular energy for g13 salvages and kyros? Or refreshing for relics? I'd like to know where I can find the energy for all that

Do better in arena. Until you provide your SWGOH account, you have no credibility you're doing what you're suppose to by making good decisions. They game won't be held back due to your ability.

**** is ability in this game? It’s not a skill game
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Chewy88 wrote: »

Lots of people prove otherwise.
  • Options
    Chewy88 wrote: »

Lots of people prove otherwise.

I’d argue that spending money and getting lucky with rng for mods doesn’t = skill.
  • Options
    Sewperbad wrote: »
    I’d argue that spending money and getting lucky with rng for mods doesn’t = skill.
    The people who get luckiest with mods are the ones who invest in them significantly and judiciously, rather than amassing them passively or dumping resources into mods with little potential. Which is a skill.

"You just got lucky" is the classic recourse of the sore loser looking to offload blame to avoid considering the possibility that there's something they could do better.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    The people who get luckiest with mods are the ones who invest in them significantly and judiciously, rather than amassing them passively or dumping resources into mods with little potential. Which is a skill.

"You just got lucky" is the classic recourse of the sore loser looking to offload blame to avoid considering the possibility that there's something they could do better.

Actually statistically good speed mod drop rates were nerfed with mods 2.0 so anyone joining after nerfgate has slower mods than those who have been here pre-nerf.
  • Options

Actually statistically good speed mod drop rates were nerfed with mods 2.0 so anyone joining after nerfgate has slower mods than those who have been here pre-nerf.

They are also facing people in arena that joined at the same time so that has zero impact on how well they do.
  • Options
    That... is a much more complicated situation than you frame it as to make your version just flat a lie.

Mods 1.0's lack of slicing and how that interacted with the rolls did not give god mods. The god mods were purple and gold to start with. That interaction gave green mods with okay speed.

However, Mods 2.0's addition of slicing made it very cheap and accessible to turn your +5 speed gray mods into green mods for the chance at more speed, making it easier to amass green mods worth slicing in a timely manner. Yes, someone from mods 1.0 could have a decent cache of green mods worth slicing, but that pretty much required gaming the system before there was a system to game. It's not an eternal handicap for people who didn't get in on that.
    Still not a he.
  • Options

The devs stated the drop rate is equal to that of mod slicing mats. You can choose to not believe them if you like.

And who says that's a good drop rate? That's subjective, in my eyes it's a bad drop rate

That's your problem. No one is claiming it to be good. The drop rate is fixed. It isn't and simply can't be a matter of subjectivity if it's fixed. It is what it is.
  • Options

They are also facing people in arena that joined at the same time so that has zero impact on how well they do.
    That... is a much more complicated situation than you frame it as to make your version just flat a lie.

Mods 1.0's lack of slicing and how that interacted with the rolls did not give god mods. The god mods were purple and gold to start with. That interaction gave green mods with okay speed.

However, Mods 2.0's addition of slicing made it very cheap and accessible to turn your +5 speed gray mods into green mods for the chance at more speed, making it easier to amass green mods worth slicing in a timely manner. Yes, someone from mods 1.0 could have a decent cache of green mods worth slicing, but that pretty much required gaming the system before there was a system to game. It's not an eternal handicap for people who didn't get in on that.

After hundres of speed mods with speed who upgraded 0-2 times, I finally got a mod to upgrade speed 3 times (AFTER HUNDREDS OF SPEED MODS), the mod started as a gold mod with +5, after 3 upgrades of 3 it went up to +14 speed...

I went through hundreds of mods to get a single mod that upgraded speed 3/4 times and it ended up being only +14, which may sound nice but it's nowhere near the +22-24 I need to compete with some people in my shard. Under mods 1.0 it would have been a +20 mod at the very least which means it would still be relevant.

With the current system a mod could upgrade 4 times and still be only +17! Think about that! You get a less than a fraction of a % chance to get a mod to upgrade speed 4 times, which btw has never happened to me after mods 2.0 and it could STILL BE A BAD ONE. Just think about that! And now also think you need 5 of them for full set of mods!

As to the comment about joining pre/after 2.0 first of all this only matters for arena not GAC, eventually those people will end up matched against those guys so that doesn't mean anything. But honestly I joined the game pre 2.0 and about a year after it's launch. I didn't farm many mods back then because mods were tied to cantina and I was still working on some very important characters. Whales who started at the same time as I did had most of these characters maxed out so they could farm mods for quite some time and yes they are in my shard, I faced a guy today whose Bastila was faster than my Yoda who had my fastest speed set. Think about the difference, Yoda has much higher base speed than Bastila.

Mods are the biggest disaster this game has ever faced, I'd argue even more broken than relics. You guys don't understand how bad it is when you need to keep up with farms and you're also in a horrible spot with mods at the same time. Mods aren't a thing you can expedite, you can spend 3 refreshes, get nothing even worth looking at and then wish you had used those crystals for some other type of refreshes. Mods such a sad topic, knowing that years could pass and you could never get lucky enough to get 1 just 1 God mod, while others have multiple full sets already...
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

False.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Ferie wrote: »
    the real problem are not the Relic per se, but to get to gear 13 for a free player.

Not really. G12 finishers are easily farmed. Is it slow? Yes - but that's what being f2p is

There is a non-sense in this sentence: easier but need time. To me this means that is not easier :neutral:
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    After hundres of speed mods with speed who upgraded 0-2 times, I finally got a mod to upgrade speed 3 times (AFTER HUNDREDS OF SPEED MODS), the mod started as a gold mod with +5, after 3 upgrades of 3 it went up to +14 speed...

I went through hundreds of mods to get a single mod that upgraded speed 3/4 times and it ended up being only +14, which may sound nice but it's nowhere near the +22-24 I need to compete with some people in my shard. Under mods 1.0 it would have been a +20 mod at the very least which means it would still be relevant.
    You have no idea how Mods 1.0 worked, do you?

Minimum speed on a mod that rolled speed 4 times (so one that has 5 in the parentheses) is 12. Every time speed rolls, including when it's revealed, it can add as low as 3 and as high as 6, with those averages weighted low.

That is not new with mods 2.0. That existed all through mods 1.0, and has been that way since shortly after the release of mods in the first place, when they rebalanced from the initial release.

Yes, that mod is good-but-not-great. That is not because of mods 2.0.
    Still not a he.
  • Options

Minimum speed on a mod that rolled speed 4 times (so one that has 5 in the parentheses) is 12. Every time speed rolls, including when it's revealed, it can add as low as 3 and as high as 6, with those averages weighted low.

That is not new with mods 2.0. That existed all through mods 1.0, and has been that way since shortly after the release of mods in the first place, when they rebalanced from the initial release.

Prior to 2.0 if a mod showed 5 initially it could not upgrade by 3 or 4 but 5 minimum. This means that a mod where speed upgraded 3 times starting with 5 would be 5+5+5+5 so +20 total. With the new system it can upgrade less than 5 so it can be, like my mod, 5+3+3+3= 14. If anyone here doesn't understand mods that's you
  • Options

Prior to 2.0 if a mod showed 5 initially it could not upgrade by 3 or 4 but 5 minimum. This means that a mod where speed upgraded 3 times starting with 5 would be 5+5+5+5 so +20 total. With the new system it can upgrade less than 5 so it can be, like my mod, 5+3+3+3= 14. If anyone here doesn't understand mods that's you

Maybe you could tell that to TVF. He doesn’t seem to get that. You’re odds of a good speed mod we’re better under 1.0. It takes most people a year to get one 25+ speed mod... and many people don’t get a single one.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

This is 100% false.

Prior to 2.0, a mod could upgrade 3-6 just like 1.0. There is zero difference in the range of outcomes for a single roll now.

The actual difference is that a green mod under 1.0 with a +5 speed guaranteed to roll once, and only once. You were guaranteed a +8 to +11. And no more. A green would never go higher.

• Options

This is not true. I had plenty of mods get +3 or +4 speed after showing 5 initially under mods 1.0.
  • Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

This is not true. I had plenty of mods get +3 or +4 speed after showing 5 initially under mods 1.0.

It’s a million times more prevalent under mods 2.0 than 1.0. And compare how many 25+ speed mods people get under 1.0 to 2.0 it takes a year for most people to get an insanely dedicated player to get one +25 mod. Not so under 1.0.

Plus your green and blue +5 speed mods could become insanely good especially after those 1.0 mods guaranteed another hit by 100% or 50% and were then sliced under 2.0.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

It’s a million times more prevalent under mods 2.0 than 1.0. And compare how many 25+ speed mods people get under 1.0 to 2.0 it takes a year for most people to get an insanely dedicated player to get one +25 mod. Not so under 1.0.

Plus your green and blue +5 speed mods could become insanely good especially after those 1.0 mods guaranteed another hit by 100% or 50% and were then sliced under 2.0.

Anecdotal evidence is bad evidence. My +25 speed mods all came from mods I farmed or bought under 2.0.

And there was a short window of time to farm under 1.0 and slice under 2.0 so that's not relevant to the comparison.
  • Options

This is 100% false.

Prior to 2.0, a mod could upgrade 3-6 just like 1.0. There is zero difference in the range of outcomes for a single roll now.

The actual difference is that a green mod under 1.0 with a +5 speed guaranteed to roll once, and only once. You were guaranteed a +8 to +11. And no more. A green would never go higher.

Absolutely correct. I had a gold mod start at 5 speed during mods 1.0 that went up to 23 (24 now thanks to 6 dot slicing). By others accounts this should have been a 25 (+5 each time) so they are in error.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options

I went through hundreds of mods to get a single mod that upgraded speed times and it ended up being only +14, which may sound nice but it's nowhere near the +22-24 I need to compete with some people in my shard. Under mods 1.0 it would have been a +20 mod at the very least which means it would still be relevant.

With the current system a mod could upgrade 4 times and still be only +17! Think about that! You get a less than a fraction of a % chance to get a mod to upgrade speed 4 times, which btw has never happened to me after mods 2.0 and it could STILL BE A BAD ONE. Just think about that! And now also think you need 5 of them for full set of mods!

As to the comment about joining pre/after 2.0 first of all this only matters for arena not GAC, eventually those people will end up matched against those guys so that doesn't mean anything. But honestly I joined the game pre 2.0 and about a year after it's launch. I didn't farm many mods back then because mods were tied to cantina and I was still working on some very important characters. Whales who started at the same time as I did had most of these characters maxed out so they could farm mods for quite some time and yes they are in my shard, I faced a guy today whose Bastila was faster than my Yoda who had my fastest speed set. Think about the difference, Yoda has much higher base speed than Bastila.

Mods are the biggest disaster this game has ever faced, I'd argue even more broken than relics. You guys don't understand how bad it is when you need to keep up with farms and you're also in a horrible spot with mods at the same time. Mods aren't a thing you can expedite, you can spend 3 refreshes, get nothing even worth looking at and then wish you had used those crystals for some other type of refreshes. Mods such a sad topic, knowing that years could pass and you could never get lucky enough to get 1 just 1 God mod, while others have multiple full sets already...

You not focusing on mods is only your own fault. They were important and needed before and after mods 2.0. Yes it **** to have to use cantina energy. I was playing then and I'm ftp so I had lots of cantina farms left at the time. I still forced myself to farm mods at least once a week. If you didn't that was your choice.

Even if you didn't you can start now. Yes it is hard to get +20 speed. But farm enough mods and you eventually get some.
  • Options

Anecdotal evidence is bad evidence. My +25 speed mods all came from mods I farmed or bought under 2.0.

And there was a short window of time to farm under 1.0 and slice under 2.0 so that's not relevant to the comparison.

I highly doubt you have more than one +25 speed mod since mods 2.0. If you have two you’re insanely lucky. And if you have three+ it’s bevause you sliced your mods from 1.0 Speed arrows don’t count. This is just common sense.

You keep track and tell me the next time you get a 25+ speed mod... or let’s wait for 2 or 3... I won’t hear from you for over a year. Probably 2 years. Might not be such a bad thing really.
  • Options

The part about the greens and blues is true. You had a 100% chane of a green rolling speed and a 50% chance of blue rolling speed in mods 1.0. The devs also disclosed this when mods 2.0 was announced and anyone that was paying attention rolled their greens and blues and purples prior to the change. Anyone who didn't made their choice. They have to live with the consequences.
  • Options
    I highly doubt you have more than one +25 speed mod since mods 2.0. If you have two you’re insanely lucky. And if you have three+ it’s bevause you sliced your mods from 1.0 Speed arrows don’t count. This is just common sense.

You keep track and tell me the next time you get a 25+ speed mod... or let’s wait for 2 or 3... I won’t hear from you for over a year. Probably 2 years. Might not be such a bad thing really.
    I literally got one yesterday. I was moving around mods for my Padme team. I had the mats on hand. Sliced twice. Whadaya know, +25 speed.
    Still not a he.
  • Options

I literally got one yesterday. I was moving around mods for my Padme team. I had the mats on hand. Sliced twice. Whadaya know, +25 speed.

Dude congrats, rolling a 25+ speed mod is a big deal. Gives me goosebumps.