Relics are a waste of resources,Time and/or money.

Prev1
130k BH team, 2 relics maxed out, can't beat a 98k Bastila team? So far they can't beat any team the couldn't beat before. Waste of time, another resource/money grab.

Replies

• Options
    Mods? Team composition? There's much more than just "slap on relics, win the fight"
  • Options
    hard counters are hard counters. The real problem is that because whales will go all out for relics, you either have to follow suit or get pushed back by teams you DID beat before if there's no hard counter mechanically.
  • Options
    This is no secret, Relics haven’t upheaved anything... they are simply a new bar to reach for but asked and answer, a relic Team vs a no relic Hard counter is the same outcome...

If it was Nightsisters would retake the thrown with a crazy zombie issue... I maxed out my Wampa just to see any difference, nothing magical happened, still decent on a Treya team but can’t beat either revan and still a coin toss on BH, CLS and Geo team.
  • Options
    CG hates scoundrels.
    Even with Qi'ra they are just a team that above #100.
  • Options
    Relics are trash in general. The meta is the meta and it is unchanged. If you are in the top 20 of your arena shard then a small difference does matter. But in general, relics have no value yet.
  • Options
    Why would you use BH against Bastila?
  • Options
    U are using wrong team versus bastila lead.
  • Options
    MaxiPriest wrote: »

Thats the OP trying to say.
    The team you cant beat still cant be beaten even with relics, so nothing changes.
  • Options
    Phoenixeon wrote: »

The team you cant beat still cant be beaten even with relics, so nothing changes.
    And who expected, honestly, that relics would rewrite the meaning of a hard counter?

G13 Jawas with lvl 7 relics probably won't beat Bastila either, because their upgrdes won't bypass the tenacity up that directly counters their gimmicks with detonators in the first place.
  • Options

And who expected, honestly, that relics would rewrite the meaning of a hard counter?

G13 Jawas with lvl 7 relics probably won't beat Bastila either, because their upgrdes won't bypass the tenacity up that directly counters their gimmicks with detonators in the first place.

How do I know lol, ask those doomsayers or "relics effects alot" ppl.

As a scoundrel player I feel all the same.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    There's another thread that invalidates this one.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Death invalidates life
  • Options
    Bastilla is a hard counter against BH teams... very rarely would you win against a well modded Bastilla team.
  • Options
    CG hates scoundrels.

What does this mean. Who was talking about Qira and what does the number 100 have to do with anything ? This is cryptic
  • Options
    CG hates scoundrels.

What does this mean. Who was talking about Qira and what does the number 100 have to do with anything ? This is cryptic
  • Options
    Honestly it feels like relics is more of a PvE update than a PvP update. Speed is still the single most important stat for PvP and relics don't give any. Which is a good thing. Go take those BH of yours to a raid or something. You'll notice the difference.
  • Options
    Stick wrote: »
    CG hates scoundrels.

They're saying that scoundrels – including, but not limited to, the bounty hunters mentioned in OP's post – can barely break the top 100 even with Qi'ra lead.

Seriously, it's not that difficult to figure out. Not everyone has the benefit of being a first language English speaker. Can we maybe not mock people for their language abilities? Thanks.
  • Options
    The real benefit of relics is that you can mod your characters with more speed in mind and ease up on other crucial stats that are also boosted by relics. E.g., you could make your Bossk disgustingly fast and still have plenty of health on him.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Death invalidates life

does it tho?.jpg
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Stick wrote: »
    CG hates scoundrels.

They're saying that scoundrels – including, but not limited to, the bounty hunters mentioned in OP's post – can barely break the top 100 even with Qi'ra lead.

Seriously, it's not that difficult to figure out. Not everyone has the benefit of being a first language English speaker. Can we maybe not mock people for their language abilities? Thanks.

The conversation is about bounty hunters losing to bastilla, even with relics.
    Just because english isn’t his first language doesn’t mean he gets to just throw in off topic cg hate.
    Qira not getting into the top 100 of arena has nothing to do with the topic. Most of these people are talking about bossk lead fighting bastilla , both of which teams cannot get into the top 100.
    So language issue or not , how is that not cryptic ? You have to extrapolate what you said , from his comment in a conversation that has nothing to do with that.
  • Options
    Relics don’t make characters good, they amplify the power. So if you’re using a bounty hunter team, don’t even bother upgrading their relics, that can barely get past top 200 in Arena, if you’re lucky. Relics are totally worth the money if you know what you’re doing, and if you put them on the right characters.
  • Options
    I think Kristian posted the best advice. Wut were u thinking? Although, an Ig88 relic might not be bad
  • Options
    Lipstick on a pig. I think I've made my point.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I think Kristian posted the best advice. Wut were u thinking? Although, an Ig88 relic might not be bad

A Bossk relic isn't so bad either with an eye on Hound's Tooth. Now that everyone is taking Han and Chewie to g13, it's almost a necessary countermeasure.
  • Options

A Bossk relic isn't so bad either with an eye on Hound's Tooth. Now that everyone is taking Han and Chewie to g13, it's almost a necessary countermeasure.

Bossk as a counter measure to Han and Chewie at G13? I've had CLS icons as arena for a year in top 300 and haven't seen 1 Bossk in the whole time.
  • Options

Bossk as a counter measure to Han and Chewie at G13? I've had CLS icons as arena for a year in top 300 and haven't seen 1 Bossk in the whole time.

I still see a lot of Tooths. The obvious optimal line-up is Biggs, Bistan, and Falcon, but you’d be surprised how many people simply refuse to gear up Bistan and Pathfinder. Meanwhile Bossk is a very good character in squads, so they’ve got him at a high gear already and farm his ship.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

I still see a lot of Tooths. The obvious optimal line-up is Biggs, Bistan, and Falcon, but you’d be surprised how many people simply refuse to gear up Bistan and Pathfinder. Meanwhile Bossk is a very good character in squads, so they’ve got him at a high gear already and farm his ship.

My Bossk BH team is why I win any GAC at all , but that has nothing to do with him being worthy of g13 and relics. And the ship? No way. G12 vs g13 relic is not going to make or break HT
  • Options

I'm talking about fleet.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

My Bossk BH team is why I win any GAC at all , but that has nothing to do with him being worthy of g13 and relics. And the ship? No way. G12 vs g13 relic is not going to make or break HT

+3 speed at r2. That alone is huge. I didn't get another speed boost for r3, but I'm likely in for more speed at r4. Aside from that, more health and protection (easy to see how that would help, no?), more potency (helps land breach), more tenacity (helps avoid breach from an opposing HT), and last but not least, more damage, which is never a bad thing either.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    +3 speed on HT is huge? The same HT that gains TM whenever anyone else takes damage?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH