What squads can I beat with my new Palps lead?

Prev1
So I was wondering what can my Palps and Sith team work really good against? I just learned the other day that he destroys night sisters like crazy! Haha. It's pretty awesome! This is my squad, Palps 7* with zeta on the leader g10, Nihilus 7* with zeta on lead g12, DN is my only g12 char soo far, I was using DN lead for a long time until I finally unlocked Palps the other week. Vader 7* g10, Dooku 7* g11, and lastly I have Bastilla Fallen at only 4*! And she is still a beast! I absolutely demolish night sister teams with my lineup! I only have 1 g12 and my squads power level is at 88,000 and I'm destroying night sister teams that are all g12 and with all their zetas! It's pretty dang cool, lol. I think the main reason I'm beating them is cause of Bastillas's fear ability, sound about right? I have decent mods on all of them, I'm just soo surprised and happy that I whoop theses NS teams that have much more power and hear over me! I have 88 thou and their squads are usually about 105 thou power! I love it.

So now my real question is what other squad or team do you think my squad can beat??

Thanks for reading! :)

Replies

• Options
    Bounty Hunters, Carth Old Republic, Padmé, First Order, Resistance, and probably a couple other ones.
  • Options
    That team can beat everyone except the revans. If you could get sion in place of dooku, you could also beat some JKRs. Its BSF's debuffs that makes the huge difference. So her level doesnt matter. It of course affects her survivability.
  • xPat3678x
    251 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    My Bastilla actually has quite a lot of health and protection! She's pretty darn amazing for just being at 4 stars! Lol. I just tried going up against a Padme team, if I could attack first before Yoda I may be able to beat it..
    And yeah! Bastilla's fear literally makes all the difference lol. I couldn't do it without her special. I went from being like rank 400 in Arena to now I'm at rank 150! I'm quite pleased. :)

What could Sion do? I have him at lvl 85 and at 3 stars..
  • Options
    Sion can be a strong tank that taunts and can remove buffs and if he gets to his "hatred",he becomes pretty hard to kill. I would recommend getting thrawn into that line up somewhere as well cause his fracture makes beating a lot of squads easier but to each his own 👍
  • Options
    I don't have Thrawn yet. :(
    I will the next time he comes around tho!
  • Options
    Bounty Hunters, Carth Old Republic, Padmé, First Order, Resistance, and probably a couple other ones.

*Without C3P0

Also, Shaak Ti clones, Ewoks, phoenix, Geos, scoundrels, nightsisters
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • xPat3678x
    251 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options

*Without C3P0

Also, Shaak Ti clones, Ewoks, phoenix, Geos, scoundrels, nightsisters

Ah, I see. They did have 3P0 on their squad..

I just beat a NS squad with all tier 2 relics, with my squad! Lol, my squad is all g10 pretty much haha, except Dooku at g11 and Nihilus at g12, and Bastilla at 4 stars! Haha. I love it! :)
    Post edited by xPat3678x on
  • MightyWizard
    872 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Literally anything except the very top tier teams, DR, JKR, and Probably GG and Padme. Palps is awesome.

Edit: some teams will take work but otherwise palpatine can beat almost anything reliably with the right setup
  • Options
    I've been too scared to try against a Revan team haha. These Revan teams on my shard don't have Malak tho.. but it's still scary! I thought I could take down a GG team, I almost did but then his shear power just killed me, if he didn't do soo much damage I could have beat him lol. RNG plays a lot, I could maybe get a good round and get my stuns off first, I gotta be lucky or have the rng gods on my side, ha.
  • Options
    I suppose Palpatine could take down grievous if you played it smart with the right setup. You'll find most Grievous squad within a sea of DR and JKR on most shards though so no point using Palp in arena at that stage since he can't do much against the Revans. Can actually take down DR without Malak though.
  • Options
    Yeah, that's all I see pretty much now is mainly JKR, not as much DR. I just go after the NS teams cause I whoop them lol
  • Options
    Anyone except the Revans, and zeta Bastilla teams , and faster CLS teams.
  • Options
    I beat JKR teams with 95% success rate using zzPalp, zThrawn, zDN, zSion and zBastilla, all G12.
  • Options
    I haven't tried a JKR yet. Idk if I should... Lol
  • Options
    lolz wrote: »
    That team can beat everyone except the revans. If you could get sion in place of dooku, you could also beat some JKRs. Its BSF's debuffs that makes the huge difference. So her level doesnt matter. It of course affects her survivability.

I'm wondering if I should start upgrading Sion? Do y'all think it would be worth it? Better than Dooku? I only have Sion at 3* right now, but I've seen videos where he can actually still be quite viable..
  • Options
    xPat3678x wrote: »

I'm wondering if I should start upgrading Sion? Do y'all think it would be worth it? Better than Dooku? I only have Sion at 3* right now, but I've seen videos where he can actually still be quite viable..

yqq0m0t59176.gif

Sion is pretty worth it, but I dunno if better than Dooku is applicable because they both play different roles and have their strengths and weaknesses.

Sion is a reviving tank that can remove buffs from enemies and put out some good damage when he gets Hatred. He also synergies well with DN: when DN takes critical hits Hatred's cooldown is decreased.

Dooku is a controller that stuns a lot and is generally annoying, but he's kinda squishy without his Zeta. However, Dooku can be thrown into a Separatist squad and synergize well with them; unlike Sion who only synergizes with Sith, preferably with DN and Traya.

Not a bad addition if you plan to focus Sith. I throw him and DN in my Darth Revan arena squad because my Sith Trooper isn't ready and I don't have Malak.
    Started July 2016, completely FTP : https://swgoh.gg/u/rogenhamen/
  • Options
    Rogenhamen wrote: »

yqq0m0t59176.gif

Sion is pretty worth it, but I dunno if better than Dooku is applicable because they both play different roles and have their strengths and weaknesses.

Sion is a reviving tank that can remove buffs from enemies and put out some good damage when he gets Hatred. He also synergies well with DN: when DN takes critical hits Hatred's cooldown is decreased.

Dooku is a controller that stuns a lot and is generally annoying, but he's kinda squishy without his Zeta. However, Dooku can be thrown into a Separatist squad and synergize well with them; unlike Sion who only synergizes with Sith, preferably with DN and Traya.

Not a bad addition if you plan to focus Sith. I throw him and DN in my Darth Revan arena squad because my Sith Trooper isn't ready and I don't have Malak.

Dooku's usefullness for Geo TB is a deal maker
  • Options
    ZPalp /w Vader and a pre taunting tank can do wonders against DR no Malak squads
  • Options

yqq0m0t59176.gif

FWIW there's a guy in like the 30s atm on my shard running a g11 dooku lead.... with a R7 gg and 4* g11 Wat. I believe he also had g13 B1 and IG100.

Wonder if that's going to be a thing.
  • Options

yqq0m0t59176.gif

Sadly, I'm nowhere close to being strong enough for Geo TB.. :( lol.

I really love my Dooku though, he's at G11, he's not bad at all for me, his stuns and ab's help me out soo much! But also Sion does sound like a good idea too though.. Idk what to do really. Lol :/
  • Options
    SemiGod wrote: »
    ZPalp /w Vader and a pre taunting tank can do wonders against DR no Malak squads

Does Sion pre taunt? I see squads DR without Malak, but usually I'm too scared to even try... Haha. It's all about the stuns my zPalps gets, and my Bastilla's fear, oh the combo works wonders! Lol
  • Options

Does Sion pre taunt? I see squads DR without Malak, but usually I'm too scared to even try... Haha. It's all about the stuns my zPalps gets, and my Bastilla's fear, oh the combo works wonders! Lol

Sion has a weird taunt where he only taunts during certain enemy turns who have hit him in the last turn. So he might taunt during one enemy turn, then not against the next. He's very useful, especially for clearing buffs.

However he can be countered in several ways. You can stun him, buff block him, fracture, or confuse. Or just kill him quickly first.
  • xPat3678x
    251 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Sion has a weird taunt where he only taunts during certain enemy turns who have hit him in the last turn. So he might taunt during one enemy turn, then not against the next. He's very useful, especially for clearing buffs.

However he can be countered in several ways. You can stun him, buff block him, fracture, or confuse. Or just kill him quickly first.

I see, I see. That's who I really need right now is Thrawn. I'll be able to get him next time he comes around, or what about Tarkin? I just got him to 7* today and he has a decent gear level. Maybe I should gear Tarkin up more??
  • Options

I see, I see. That's who I really need right now is Thrawn. I'll be able to get him next time he comes around, or what about Tarkin? I just got him to 7* today and he has a decent gear level. Maybe I should gear Tarkin up more??

Thrawn > Tarkin

BSF makes tarkins debuffs look like a goldfish in a pond full of sharks

(Odd analogy)
  • Options

Thrawn > Tarkin

(Odd analogy)

Thrawn is definitely better than Tarkin, but tarkin does have uses. They actually work very well together as well. Thrawn can be very fast then swap TM with Tarkin to use his AOE to remove TM from opponents.
  • Options

Thrawn > Tarkin

(Odd analogy)

Well yes, l use Thrawn. Once I get him... Lol
  • Options
    hht9ellrikx4.png

All these toons that you're looking at are great investments.

Dooku is necessary for GeoTB, so having him geared and Zeta'd is worth it. He's overall a good toon so if you feel like G12ing him you'd get your gear's worth.
    Sion is a great Sith tank that taunts when he applies the debuff Pain. He can apply it with his basic, aoe, and when enemies damage him. Super annoying and like I said earlier synergizes well with DN.
    Tarkin has a Capital Ship which is useful for TB and TW; but he might be the least useful in other PvP places. Not bad, just not as useful as the other toons you're looking at.
    Thrawn is definitely a must have: good kit, can be thrown into pretty much any squad and work well, and a Capital Ship.

As far as who to work on gearing, that's dependent on where you feel like focusing:
    Dooku for far long-term with GeoTB and unlocking Padme.
    Sion for short-term Arena gains but long-term Sith team.
    Tarkin for short-term ships and long term TB/TW.
    Thrawn for long-term PvP and all-around usefulness.

You say you're ready for Thrawn's return so possibly think about saving up gear for him while farming Sion's shards, maybe throw some gear into Sion as well while you're at it. Dooku could use G12 and a Zeta if you want, but that might be too much of an investment for you right now.
  • Options
    hht9ellrikx4.png

Dooku is necessary for GeoTB, so having him geared and Zeta'd is worth it. He's overall a good toon so if you feel like G12ing him you'd get your gear's worth.
    Sion is a great Sith tank that taunts when he applies the debuff Pain. He can apply it with his basic, aoe, and when enemies damage him. Super annoying and like I said earlier synergizes well with DN.
    Tarkin has a Capital Ship which is useful for TB and TW; but he might be the least useful in other PvP places. Not bad, just not as useful as the other toons you're looking at.
    Thrawn is definitely a must have: good kit, can be thrown into pretty much any squad and work well, and a Capital Ship.

As far as who to work on gearing, that's dependent on where you feel like focusing:

You say you're ready for Thrawn's return so possibly think about saving up gear for him while farming Sion's shards, maybe throw some gear into Sion as well while you're at it. Dooku could use G12 and a Zeta if you want, but that might be too much of an investment for you right now.

Wow, dude that was one great reply! So great info, I def needed that haha. Thanks. I'll keep Dooku for now, he's much stronger than my Tarkin, and I tried Tarkin in Arena and didn't help me much maybe cause he's not strong enough yet, but I think Dooku with his stuns and shock will just work better for my main Palps squad. I almost have enough mats for another zeta, I'm trying to decide on what to use it on.. But I may just have to put it on my second best squads team, my Jedi team, prolly Bastilla's lead, but that's a different subject lol, anywho, who would be the best zeta to get for my main squad? Also now that you tell me more I should prolly just keep working on my Phoenix too, cause I can unlock Thrawn but only at 5* I should prolly just keep working on them so I get my 7* Thrawn, cause that's def who I want in my squad, I'll take Dooku out for him when the time comes. So for now I still just use my Palps, Bastilla, which I just got to 5* now, yay! Haha. My only G12 Nihilus, Vader and Dooku.
  • Options
    hht9ellrikx4.png

who would be the best zeta to get for my main squad?

Depends on what you think will be best:
    Palpatine will get more potency and recover protection when he inflicts shock.
    Nihilus will help with killing the enemy team by applying health down.
    Vader becomes immune to turn meter reduction and recovers health when DoT's expire.
    Dooku gets damage, recovers protection, and gains crit immunity when attacking out of turn.
    Badstilla gets potency and provides Foresight to herself and the leader.

Which character usually dies first? A lot of the Zetas provide survivability so it'll probably be best to give it to whoever dies first. Or! Since Palpatine's lead is about applying debuffs you could go for whoever doesn't apply a lot of debuffs.
  • TVF
    36630 posts Member
    Options

Not exactly true. He taunts whenever an enemy with pain takes a turn. He inflicts pain with all his attacks, but also (if you have his zeta) he inflicts pain on an attacker that damages him.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH