Put Hard Node attempts back to 8

Replies

• Options
    All op asked was bring back 8 nods, plain and simple not anyones reasoning why its a waste of time to even bother with that or it costs u more in the long run keep it simple.Im sure most new players would love this idea , or u might as well say only new toons in monthly login , everything is not only for veteran players such as yourself might have to take a step back and think about the little guys instead of yourself for once? Im sure that crossed your mind right since u seem to know everything ?
  • Options
    tman135 wrote: »
    All op asked was bring back 8 nods, plain and simple not anyones reasoning why its a waste of time to even bother with that or it costs u more in the long run keep it simple.Im sure most new players would love this idea , or u might as well say only new toons in monthly login , everything is not only for veteran players such as yourself might have to take a step back and think about the little guys instead of yourself for once? Im sure that crossed your mind right since u seem to know everything ?
    1) This is a discussion forum. It's for discussing.

2) The OP also stated reasons for that request. Those reasons are wrong.

3) I am thinking about the "little guy," and have already discussed the "little guy" in this very thread significantly. New players still have an abundance of worthwhile farms, and whether they're doing 8 farms at 5 attempts each or 5 farms at 8 attempts each, they're making the same amount of progress overall. 13 1/3 shards of important units per day from the standard table.It's the same number of units farmed six months down the line. This is not a change that makes the new players suffer.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    If they increase the hard nodes to 8 it decreases how much gear gets farmed.

You have less energy to spend on normal nodes after you are done with your character farming.

Fair enough if you want 8 hard node for farming characters, but your gear reason doesn't track.

I'm not farming gear until I have the squads to 7s.
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    1) This is a discussion forum. It's for discussing.

2) The OP also stated reasons for that request. Those reasons are wrong.

3) I am thinking about the "little guy," and have already discussed the "little guy" in this very thread significantly. New players still have an abundance of worthwhile farms, and whether they're doing 8 farms at 5 attempts each or 5 farms at 8 attempts each, they're making the same amount of progress overall. 13 1/3 shards of important units per day from the standard table.It's the same number of units farmed six months down the line. This is not a change that makes the new players suffer.

Jesus everyone is so literal...
    No the hard node cap won’t yield more gear in and of itself. However I again state that less crystals spent on node refreshes for more attempts frees them up to purchase gear in the stores or use them for refreshes on non hard node battles for specific gear.

Finishing starting up your characters quicker frees you later on to focus solely on gear and not play catch up with the Meta or new characters being released or made necessary for new events.

Most people refresh nodes twice a day. Giving you 15 attempts. If you hit the average drop rate of about 33% you’re getting 5 Shards a day. That means you need 56 days to farm a toon from their marquee unlock. (280 shards/5shards a day).
    Compare that to getting 24 try’s a day. Now you’re looking at 8 shards a day. Divide that by the necessary 280 and now you’re at 35 days. That’s a whole 3 weeks sooner that the current attempt rate. That gives you not only more crystals saved due to less refreshes but your task is finished 3 weeks sooner that can be now shifted on the next toon, or focus exactly on gear.

That’s what I’m talking about.
  • nabokovfan
    535 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    No the hard node cap won’t yield more gear in and of itself. However I again state that less crystals spent on node refreshes for more attempts frees them up to purchase gear in the stores or use them for refreshes on non hard node battles for specific gear.

Finishing starring up your characters quicker frees you later on to focus solely on gear and not play catch up with the Meta or new characters being released or made necessary for new events.

Perfectly stated.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Jesus everyone is so literal...

Finishing starting up your characters quicker frees you later on to focus solely on gear and not play catch up with the Meta or new characters being released or made necessary for new events.

Most people refresh nodes twice a day. Giving you 15 attempts. If you hit the average drop rate of about 33% you’re getting 5 Shards a day. That means you need 56 days to farm a toon from their marquee unlock. (280 shards/5shards a day).
    Compare that to getting 24 try’s a day. Now you’re looking at 8 shards a day. Divide that by the necessary 280 and now you’re at 35 days. That’s a whole 3 weeks sooner that the current attempt rate. That gives you not only more crystals saved due to less refreshes but your task is finished 3 weeks sooner that can be now shifted on the next toon, or focus exactly on gear.

That’s what I’m talking about.
    If you are doing node refreshes twice a day on a regular basis, the problem is not the number of node attempts. The problem is you are wasting resources on a grand scale.

Node refreshes are a sometimes food. Mainly to get in on the new hotness one cycle sooner to earn those crystals back in arena. But most of the time, you're far better served rolling those crystals back into energy to actually increase your overall income rather than wasting them on unnecessary node refreshes.

In my experience, people seldom node refresh unless they're panicking, and new players are generally advised against node refreshing on a regular basis as it's inefficient.

The node refresh argument is a corner case.

Also, even getting in on Devan 2 only required one node refresh, and that was one of the more aggressive farm requirements.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    I'm about to 7* shark tea so keep it at 5

jk, but the thread is funny. I mean, of course everyone would want 8>5. I'd also like some stun guns thrown in
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36746 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    I'm about to 7* shark tea so keep it at 5

jk, but the thread is funny. I mean, of course everyone would want 8>5. I'd also like some stun guns thrown in

And a 7* Negotiator please. CS still hasn't gotten back to me.

Oh and my paycheck(s).
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    This was temporarily increased with the launch of Mods 2.0 to help players earn Jedi Knight Revan and Darth Revan.

Now that players have had a chance to earn these characters and players will have had much more time to unlock the prerequisite characters in future events, we will be returning back to 5 attempts per refresh
    The only reason to have 8 hard node attempts was to help everyone get JKR and DR on the first pass. Not to help you out with farming JKA's starfighter or Sith Bomber or Shaak Ti or whatever else. This is literally CG trying to help the players out for a bit (like you are asking for in the opening post). There is nothing pressing going on right now to warrant 8 attempts per node

The more attempts you get the less resources you are farming so your original premise is contradictory. With 15 attempts, you have 9 attempts worth of energy left for gear compared to 24 attempts (180 energy). By reducing hard node attempts, CG is forcing us to use more of our energy on farming gear since we are out of attempts for shards.

3 extra attempts per day is 60 energy not being used to farm kyrotech, for every refresh you do, you are losing out on 6 more attempts at farming resources.

Going by your opening post, A reasonable request would be to reduce hard node attempts back to 3 so that players are more focused on using energy on increasing demand of resources

So you don’t think Shak Ti or JKA starfighter will have any roll to play in GeoLSTB? You don’t think Vulture Droid will be a huge help in GeoDSTB?

You have had plenty of time to 7* JKA star fighter by this stage

Omg it’s too early in the morning for someone like you.
    Yes let me forgo getting JKR, DR, Malak, Sep Droids, Shak Ti, or any of the other immediately needed toons just to get one ship for a capital ship that JUST became u lockable at 5* for some high end guilds...

Stop it with that “you’ve had plenty of time” argument. There have been several other more crucial toons needing to be farmed first and now that they’re done I’m sure a lot of people are now focusing on JKA starship for LSTB as well.

Its a resource management game, you have to choose what to forego everyday.
    That aside, you have had plenty of time to 7* the eta-2 fighter, it had 8 attempts for months. Just because you dont like my argument doesnt make it wrong.
  • Options
    JDIII wrote: »
    Grinding takes longer with the attempts being at 5. If someone can’t see the problem with that, then they are the problem
    Depends on what you're looking at. Overall, on the roster scale? No. No, it does not. Your grinding is limited by energy. Not node attempts. Reduce node attempts and the same energy is acquiring different resources to build the roster, not fewer resources.

It's only slower if you laser focus on a single farm to the exclusion of all else. And while priorities are important, focusing to that degree is going to hurt you long run.

Also, this is a long-term resource management game. Speed and the economy must be controlled. Sometimes that means increasing flow rates. Sometimes it means reducing flow rates. This year in particular, when we have so few new characters hitting the table, the reduced flow rate makes sense in the context of the game and its economy. I contend that people who refuse to acknowledge that the game economy matters are the problem.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    I farm 1 character on light, 1 character on dark, 1 in cantina, and 1 in fleet. There is no upside to having attempts at 5 instead of 8 except dragging an already super slow game even slower. I was receiving more shards with attempts at 8 than at 5, everyone was. So 8 attempts for 25 crystals, or 5 attempts for 25 crystals... don’t take a genius to figure this one out
    ...why in the world are you only farming one light side and one dark side? I've been at this for three years, have exhausted most of the table, and I'm still at three fleet farms (Shaak Ti, B1, Eta-2) and three standard (Droideka, Embo, Range).

You're just making terrible resource management decisions, bub.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Good God, how is this not 100% universally agreed upon as a good idea?
    Who does it hurt? No one!
    Who does it help? Anyone with at least one hard node left to farm.

I guess Trolls are gonna Troll no matter what you post in here. Unbelievable!!!
  • Options
    Not sure how you figure that when you only have 139 @ 7* characters and I have 160 @ 7*
    Ah, so in other words you're the second category I mentioned, people who are better served diverting more energy toward kyrotechs and finishers than toward node refreshes, and continue to waste energy. Charming.
    Krashxxxx wrote: »
    Good God, how is this not 100% universally agreed upon as a good idea?
    Who does it hurt? No one!
    Who does it help? Anyone with at least one hard node left to farm.

I guess Trolls are gonna Troll no matter what you post in here. Unbelievable!!!
    Ain't trolling. Managing the economy has value, even if you want the rules to get out of your way.

Regardless, literally everyone you go against in any competitive context is working under the same rules as you.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    If you only use light side and dark side nodes for characters, then you're really managing your resources badly because those are the best and most reliable sources of kyrotechs and fininshers right now, and you ain't got a lot of opportunity cost against going hard on those.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Like I said. Wasting resources. That's substantially less efficient than using standard energy, especially when you're also wasting resources on node refreshes.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Lol, what? I farm characters in Light and Dark side nodes, that’s it. What are you even talking about? Don’t be embarrassed that what you said is totally wrong, we all make mistakes. And farming for characters isn’t wasting energy btw

It doesn't matter how many 7* toons you have, none of them will serve you with low gear. As we learned it's better to have less but stronger toons so your argument is invalid.

And as i searched for your swgoh.gg profile i found this:
    https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCpL7F2KUC5NffeiWG8XXg2A?itct=CFUQtnUiEwi8icXdod_kAhUFJOAKHSeoBbs=&csn=brOEXbu7IZWfgAfNja6IBg&wlfg=true
    Is this any related to you?
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    So if I have 160 characters at 7* and you only have 139 at 7* how in the world do you figure I’m wasting anything when I have 21 more character than you?

Because it means you upgraded some characters which are good for nothing too and that is a waste of resources you better used to get gear for other toons.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    So if I have 160 characters at 7* and you only have 139 at 7* how in the world do you figure I’m wasting anything when I have 21 more character than you?
    Gear>stars.
    I bet those extra 21 characters are well-geared enough to wear down half the protection of a mediocre G11-G12 team.
  • Options
    Oh, and btw Kyros aren’t even on hard nodes, they are on normal
    Good thing no one even said that. Doesn't change the fact that your gamebreaking Lobot is farmed with the same energy as kyrotechs.
  • Vanitas
    46 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Where did it say that the 8 hard node attempts were ment for farming certain toons? I also didnt read where it said there is nothing else important after that to work on besides kyrotechs? What about the people who cant farm them? What do they do with that energy ? Even though its none of your buisnes Ultra? Are you high? Who would ask for them to be reduced to 3 battles? Also Cg is not forcing anybody to do anything its all on the individual . Op didnt ask u for a guide on what u should be farming simply stated what the majority of us wants ? Whats the problem?

Wellllll, right over here.....

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/200329/changes-coming-in-the-next-update#latest

Edit: Excuse me, it was already pointed out.
  • Options
    I wonder if we asked the devs more politely for things would it work better?

That’s something to keep track of.

Can you change it back to 8 attempts?
    - no

Can you please change it back to 8 attempts?
    -yes

1/1

Well no polite wont work,if only ppl stop spending on node refreshes,then they might reconsider,as it is,its no worth it,we need to farm tons of things anyway to just refresh same node.