Do NOT start GAC without fixing the random freezing problem!!!!!

2Next

Replies

• Options
    jkray622 wrote: »
    If content in the game is not given to all players because a small portion of the players experience a bug, then swgoh will never release anything and will just shut down.

Bugs are an unfortunate part of software development and release, and the studio has to determine bug priority. To not launch GAC, when it could be months before they completely eliminate this (since I’m 90% certain it’s android device related, due to OS fragmentation) would be to withhold content and rewards from the majority of players who aren’t impacted.

So...I sincerely doubt GAC will be suspended.

I will be honest, I don't know anything about the technical differences between Android and iOS, but as an Android user have never had my buttons disappear. The game is more laggy after the update, but not terrible, nor do I ever get the weird character screen glitches.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options
    Ultra, volunteer or compensated, if you don’t mind me asking?

Maybe just capable of reading the Dev Tracker announcement? Everything Ultra posted in here is in that update, or on the tracker itself.

So what you’re saying is also compensated?
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    If content in the game is not given to all players because a small portion of the players experience a bug, then swgoh will never release anything and will just shut down.

Bugs are an unfortunate part of software development and release, and the studio has to determine bug priority. To not launch GAC, when it could be months before they completely eliminate this (since I’m 90% certain it’s android device related, due to OS fragmentation) would be to withhold content and rewards from the majority of players who aren’t impacted.

I will be honest, I don't know anything about the technical differences between Android and iOS, but as an Android user have never had my buttons disappear. The game is more laggy after the update, but not terrible, nor do I ever get the weird character screen glitches.

I just mean that Android has probably 100 different software versions live right now. Carriers and phone manufacturers all create their own custom versions that might interact with swgoh in sightly different ways.

iOS has maybe 2-3 versions. So it's easier to code for iOS then for every permutation of Android. Your version may be relatively good, but not all the other 99.
  • Options
    Ultra, volunteer or compensated, if you don’t mind me asking?

Maybe just capable of reading the Dev Tracker announcement? Everything Ultra posted in here is in that update, or on the tracker itself.

So what you’re saying is also compensated?

I think the word you are looking for is comprehension, as in reading comprehension. But that is easily confused with compensation
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Bizanteen wrote: »
    I have never had a freeze in 4 years.
    Some people have gotten it a fair number of times. Others have gotten it few to no times. I have had it 3 or 4 times total since I began a few years ago.
  • Options

I think it depends on what the exact bug you're referring to. If it's the missing ability button, it's been reported on both iOS and Android platforms. I experienced it on my Samsung Galaxy S9, so it's not an old phone.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Volunteer.

If you want this to be highlighted, you should be reporting and discussing this at <<Answers HQ>>

Done, but have never had much luck there with issues

I find issues get more attention, when threads here are actually allowed to fester

If you follow what's happened with your post on Answers HQ, you'll see that they've tagged it as Solved (which should not be the case), and say that it is under the General Bugs section of the Dev Tracker.

Clicking on that link, the only thing vaguely similar is the one on TU17 performance issues, where the description says:
    DESCRIPTION:
    - 1-3 sec UI lag after tapping on characters or other areas in the game.
    - The app is lagging when scrolling through the character inventory
    - A "low memory" client crash can occur on min spec devices

I doubt those are the only problems you and others had faced. Probably the better way is to file the individual problems under separate bug reports. And hopefully EA doesn't just label it as Solved, when it hasn't been solved, and so sweep the problem under the rug.
  • Options
    Ornoktree wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Volunteer.

If you want this to be highlighted, you should be reporting and discussing this at <<Answers HQ>>

Done, but have never had much luck there with issues

I find issues get more attention, when threads here are actually allowed to fester

If you follow what's happened with your post on Answers HQ, you'll see that they've tagged it as Solved (which should not be the case), and say that it is under the General Bugs section of the Dev Tracker.

Clicking on that link, the only thing vaguely similar is the one on TU17 performance issues, where the description says:
    DESCRIPTION:
    - 1-3 sec UI lag after tapping on characters or other areas in the game.
    - The app is lagging when scrolling through the character inventory
    - A "low memory" client crash can occur on min spec devices

I doubt those are the only problems you and others had faced. Probably the better way is to file the individual problems under separate bug reports. And hopefully EA doesn't just label it as Solved, when it hasn't been solved, and so sweep the problem under the rug.

Solved on AHQ means they have registered the bug in the system, and they don’t need to return to that thread. It does not mean the bug has been fixed.