Like many, log in, nothing to do

Prev1345
Krynn007
432 posts Member
edited October 2019
People are asking for content.
Reliks, g13 is not the content people want

Right now this very moment I would like to have something to do with this game, but there isn't

Only thing I have is in 50 min I'll log back, take 1 in arena, log out
Then after dinner, I'll log back in, collect my free energy, Take 1 in fleet arena and log out

Then I have literally nothing to do for another 3 hours until I collect my free energy and after ticket reset, do my farm refreshes and earn my 600 tickets

In all that time, it'll equal to maybe 10 minutes

Reliks and g13 is not content people are asking for
People want to actually do stuff with all these characters people are paying/farming.

I ask myself what is the point, really?

In the meantime I'll play another game, and guess where my money will go
Won't be to CG

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Krynn007 wrote: »

Right now this very moment I would like to have something to do with this game, but there isn't

Then after dinner, I'll log back in, collect my free energy, Take 1 in fleet arena and log out

Then I have literally nothing to do for another 3 hours until I collect my free energy and after ticket reset, do my farm refreshes and earn my 600 tickets

People want to actually do stuff with all these characters people are paying/farming.

Won't be to CG

I quite like the fact that I can put the game down from time to time. I’ve already got a job and a family.

This game provides an occasional distraction from real life for me. Seems there are plenty forum users who see real life as the distraction.
  • Options
    Go and read a book. Or watch video. Or go for a walk...
    Or spend all in game energy by playing manualy, then do GW manualy, then challenges...
    Is that really that hard to find out how to entertain oneself?))
  • Options
    Ratinira wrote: »
    Or spend all in game energy by playing manualy, then do GW manualy, then challenges...

I'm on my feet all day, and do some pretty dangerous work and when I get home, when the kids are pre occupied, Why can't I want to have more to do in a game that I feel I have a lot of time invested?

Also I'm not the only one who wants this
    I see many others asking for the same thing

But you have a lot to do. I have listed at least 3 things. And they will make you busy for more that 10 minutes!
  • Options
    From that forum I may think that the game is shut down for weeks, not that there was no events for 1 day...
  • Options

Won't be to CG

I quite like the fact that I can put the game down from time to time. I’ve already got a job and a family.

This game provides an occasional distraction from real life for me. Seems there are plenty forum users who see real life as the distraction.

So freemium trashfires like this have a long and gory history of having time constrained content in order to further frustrate players into paying. I don't want to see any additional content like that. However, it sure would be nice to have something we can log in and always do, if we so choose. You have to admit that 90% of the time, if you log into the game, there truly is nothing that you can do.

The easy one here would be practice modes for arenas, or even raids. Would be little effort on CGs part, and would provide great value to the player base. Heck even making GW Hard again for those that earned the right to SIM it would be fun....

• Options

Your response to the fact that a game many people are spending hundreds of dollars on has virtually nothing for those people to do is that they should go for a walk? This is a forum for SWGOH. Not recreational walking. Many people pay to play this game. They deserve more to do than an Omega battle and a couple of arena matches.

When someone complains their cable isn’t working, would you tell them to read a book or maybe acknowledge that they should get the service they are paying for?
  • Options
    SoonerJBD wrote: »

Your response to the fact that a game many people are spending hundreds of dollars on has virtually nothing for those people to do is that they should go for a walk? This is a forum for SWGOH. Not recreational walking. Many people pay to play this game. They deserve more to do than an Omega battle and a couple of arena matches.

When someone complains their cable isn’t working, would you tell them to read a book or maybe acknowledge that they should get the service they are paying for?

Except this isn't like the cable is out, its like if there was nothing you found interesting on your channels today. Just because you do not want to manually play your GW/Ship/Cantina/Energy/Mod/Challenge/Omega battles does not mean they are not playable right now.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • TVF
    36660 posts Member
    Options
    6) Start an alt
    7) Take a walk but only until TW and GA start
    8) Make some salmon soup with aavocado
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Well you could

1). Optimize your mods across your GAC characters

2). Build Loadouts

3). Theorycraft

4). Join a more competitive guild where it's like a second job.

5). Clean up your mod inventory and slice quality mods

Or CG could just plan things out and not have days where there is nothing to do in the game.
  • Options
    Couldn’t your guild do that so you had a Raid today?
  • Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Well you could

1). Optimize your mods across your GAC characters

2). Build Loadouts

3). Theorycraft

4). Join a more competitive guild where it's like a second job.

5). Clean up your mod inventory and slice quality mods

So what if you have done 1/2 & the clean up portion of 5? (slicing requires more resources ...so hurry up and wait). 3 works best if, you know, you can test it. 4 - meh.

• Options

Except this isn't like the cable is out, its like if there was nothing you found interesting on your channels today. Just because you do not want to manually play your GW/Ship/Cantina/Energy/Mod/Challenge/Omega battles does not mean they are not playable right now.

Yes because all those battles are super fun for a roster full of g12-13.
  • Options

There are A LOT of things you can do in game even without events. A lot enough to survive one day without them.
    Or without GA or TW or 10-min autofight assault there is nothing to do at all and one day of not knowing how to entertain oneself in game is a such a horrible tragedy?
  • Options
    It’s starting to feel like they will never add additional daily events even though everyone wants them. The “new content” relics and G13 have done nothing. Geo TB is nice but just replaced a boring Hoth event. It’s just too bad we have so many worthless toons. I’d love to gear my favorite team but obviously they would not compete against anything.
  • Options

There are A LOT of things you can do in game even without events. A lot enough to survive one day without them.
    Or without GA or TW or 10-min autofight assault there is nothing to do at all and one day of not knowing how to entertain oneself in game is a such a horrible tragedy?

I don't get it when people argue AGAINST adding optional content.

Like, do you live in Bangalore? Work on the EA development team? Rather spend 30 hours of your 40 hour work week hitting the Foosball table than doing your job?

• TVF
    36660 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not arguing against additional content FWIW. I'm arguing against this idea that there's nothing to do, or that there's nothing new to do.
  • Options

Yes because all those battles are super fun for a roster full of g12-13.

I have never heard any of the battles like the "new content" people clamor for described as fun. When was the last time anyone described HSTR and Geo Tb as fun? If we got a new, more dificult raid would you find it "fun"? If they released a new event tuned for Relic characters would you describe it as fun?

Do we need new playable content? Of course, and overtime they develop new playable battles (raids, TBs, PvP, etc). But this does not mean that there is not playable content even on days where there is only 1 event.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • SoonerJBD
    460 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

I’m not paying my guild hundreds of dollars to gear and relic my toons. Seriously, it is CG’s job to provide content, to give us stuff to do every day. We shouldn’t have to settle for manually playing through battles that are clearly so monotonous and easy that there is a sim button. They are taking in millions of dollars. Maybe spend some to give us new content now and then.
  • TVF
    36660 posts Member
    Options

I’m not paying my guild hundreds of dollars to gear and relic my toons.

You could though.
  • Options
    What they need is game mode where we can use all our squads. Something which makes finishing any team a nice feeling of completion.

As much as I don't like Marvel strike force blitz mode, I do get to use all of my new squads every single day if I want to. This game needs that. If you g13 say the Tuskan raiders there should be somewhere you can use them with direct benefit often.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Good thing you can do it for free.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I'm not arguing against additional content FWIW. I'm arguing against this idea that there's nothing to do, or that there's nothing new to do.

There's things to do, but objectively, for people who would like to do more in game, you can run out rather quickly most days. Some of the better freemium trashfires (like Golf Star for example) have content that people can do at anytime if they so desire. No energy required. No crystals required. You can just pick up the game and engage with content. If there isn't a major event (TB, GAC, TW) going on in SWGOH, one can run out of things to do very quickly.

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

The real analogy is: When you’ve watched every show, go for a walk or read a book. The game is working in this scenario, so it would be like asking for more shows. Not unreasonable, but also not a priority, especially when many casual players already have enough to do (or shows to watch). Just my 2 cents.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

You could though.

Actually that's a violation of TOS! lol